As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fulfill Your [Destiny 2]

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    If I remember correctly, wasn't Dark Below just three missions, a strike, and the raid?

And that it was like $40?

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    If I remember correctly, wasn't Dark Below just three missions, a strike, and the raid?

And that it was like $40?

The season pass or some such name was $40 and it also included the more fully featured House of Wolves. But yeah, that's pretty much all there was in The Dark Below. Considering the game came out in September and TDB in December, they HUSTLED though.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    good work clan we unlocked rank 2 enjoy your extra public event rewards

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    ok my warlock is 922 and my titan is 920

I think I can blitz my titan past my warlock, then powerlevel my hunter to blitz him past my titan, then move the guns (however strong they are at that time) BACK to my warlock to finish him off as strongest for the week

that's The Plan™

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Datto has a new video on power leveling for Shadowkeep, if anyone's interested:

https://youtu.be/tBGB6WaQEQI

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Do I still need the planetary materials for anything?

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    buying the upgrade things from the gunsmith costs a handful and it rotates which material it requires. can still buy stuff from spider too.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Datto has a new video on power leveling for Shadowkeep, if anyone's interested:

https://youtu.be/tBGB6WaQEQI

Before watching this video I had completely forgotten about the varying light level of vendor engrams and being reminded of its existence has made me less happy.

I'm already at 920, which the raid is apparently going to be capped at for the first day, but back in Warmind it seemed like I had to care about that sort of thing if I wanted to do the raid without waiting for a weekly reset and it made me stop playing.

This time it seems like the only things demanding those higher power levels are high difficulty nightfalls and stuff that's not available yet.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Do I still need the planetary materials for anything?

You can turn them in to the planetary vendors for purples, right now Devrim in EDZ gives out on level stuff

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Honestly I didnt mind Brother Vance, which a lot of people here and elsewhere loathed. My main problem is that pretty much every mission, adventure, and strike makes you go through the Infinite Forest over and over and over, also Mercury is just small and dull.

My main problem with brother Vance, is that he’s aggressively mediocre and it seems like the only reason he’s stuck around is that he’s latched onto Osiris as an absent father figure and all the other acolytes had important shit to do.
    which is a little too relatable, in some ways

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    boy this campaign is kicking my ass a little! a welcome surprise but it's making me wish I had started this with my warlock or something instead of titan

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Michael Buble Titan is kind of like running a Poundland Well of Radiance Warlock tbh might be worth trying that out if you're on solar or arc instead.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I should be trying out bubble more but Big Hammer is so fun. It's hard to switch.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I like the Hunter's Void specialization, all bouncing around with your ghost knives and black hole grenades and stuff

also what is a "Challenge"? I have a weekly bounty or a quest, one of those, the only thing I need to finish it is a Challenge

• Options
    I like the Hunter's Void specialization, all bouncing around with your ghost knives and black hole grenades and stuff

also what is a "Challenge"? I have a weekly bounty or a quest, one of those, the only thing I need to finish it is a Challenge

All the things on the map and director that reward powerful gear, like doing 8 Gambit bounties, running the Nightfall, the Flashpoint, etc.

• Options
    Void Hunter is great for a team, especially with shadowshot and all the crowd control options

I appreciate they added the blade tree to make it more viable for solo damage dealing but it feels like a weird halfway measure

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular

All the things on the map and director that reward powerful gear, like doing 8 Gambit bounties, running the Nightfall, the Flashpoint, etc.

oh duh, that makes sense, haha

Thank you!

• Options
    Eris Morn mostly just being fucking annoyed by all these ghosts following her around is a mood

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I’ve been busy, tonight.

Finally gave in fully to the Clown Suit Ethos, breached 900, and completed all the moon Lost Sectors.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    I went to the moon to see what was up with the Vex thing and it started the intro to Shadowkeep and then was like "haha buy the rest, homie."

Destiny, you tease.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    I went to the moon to see what was up with the Vex thing and it started the intro to Shadowkeep and then was like "haha buy the rest, homie."

Destiny, you tease.

Moon’s Haunted

Buy now, not available in stores.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options

Destiny, you tease.

Moon’s Haunted

you know what's dumb?

I can buy Shadowkeep on the Steam store for 35 bucks, but the only option from the in-game store is the 60 dollar deluxe edition.

oh also, I revived a guy and he had a handshake emote so we clasped hands like Guardian bros

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular

Destiny, you tease.

Moon’s Haunted

you know what's dumb?

I can buy Shadowkeep on the Steam store for 35 bucks, but the only option from the in-game store is the 60 dollar deluxe edition.

oh also, I revived a guy and he had a handshake emote so we clasped hands like Guardian bros

The in-game store absolutely tries to trick you into spending more money on Shadowkeep and it is some bullshit

I am reserving judgment on their economy at the moment but that bit strikes me as weirdly desperate

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    It might have been overly optimistic when I thought I'd be able to get the emblem for clearing the raid in the first 24 hours. The first group I was in ended up stopping without clearing the first encounter. I got a second group and we cleared the first encounter, but we eventually stopped without clearing the second.

It is now 12 hours since the raid opened and I see that there are still major Destiny streamers still fighting the last boss.

I should probably just get some sleep and not try to get a third group.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I've decided that the most dangerous enemy in this game are the architects. That's like 80% of my deaths easy.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    I've decided that the most dangerous enemy in this game are the architects. That's like 80% of my deaths easy.

Some jerk named MissAdventure keeps PKing me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Options
    I have all but one of the Cayde lore entries - I got a bunch from opening the caches on the Ace of Spades exotic quest line, and assumed I'd get the final one upon unlocking the gun, but that wasn't the case

it seems like it's chronologically the last in the book, which a search tells me is titled "Bad Beat"

do I just have to wait for a random drop or what?

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I have all but one of the Cayde lore entries - I got a bunch from opening the caches on the Ace of Spades exotic quest line, and assumed I'd get the final one upon unlocking the gun, but that wasn't the case

it seems like it's chronologically the last in the book, which a search tells me is titled "Bad Beat"

do I just have to wait for a random drop or what?

Yeah, those are just random drops from opening World Chests, with Cayde Chests having a much greater chance of dropping them. Prior to Shadowkeep, the best way to acquire them was simply by re-running the Ace of Spades quest via the Heroic Story Quest "queue".

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited October 2019

I found out that a Dawnblade sword stuck in the ground counts as geometry that explosives will connect with.

Welp!

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    since switching to PC I have had many deaths from switching to a heavy weapon on accident and shooting a grenade at an enemy three feet away from my face rather than shooting a shotgun at an enemy three feet away from my face

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular

I found out that a Dawnblade sword stuck in the ground counts as geometry that explosives will connect with.

Welp!

I routinely rediscover this fact every couple of play sessions. Every single time, without fail, it's a "wait, what? ...oh, right, the sword. ffs" moment and I reconcile to never forget it again. I do forget it though and then the cycle begins anew.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Huh, most of my run-ins with the Ancients/MissAdventure tend to involve aiming down the sights and strafing off a cliff

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Will I regret doing warming/ Mars story before curse of Osiris?

nah, they're all pretty dang standalone

• Options
    https://gamesdonequick.com/submission/games-list

A group of runners is doing a Last Wish All Encounters run at AGDQ in January!

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

Welp!

I routinely rediscover this fact every couple of play sessions. Every single time, without fail, it's a "wait, what? ...oh, right, the sword. ffs" moment and I reconcile to never forget it again. I do forget it though and then the cycle begins anew.

So many raid deaths. I look forward to the return of "putting up surprise bubbles and causing my squad to suicide" in the very near future.

• Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    Heyo!

This probably won't work for anyone here but our small group is running the original D2 Raid (Leviathan) as a warmup to get back into the game after about a year off. We've all run it multiple times and are a friendly bunch, but we raid at like 7am on Sundays because we all have kids and jobs and stuff. We have one spot open so if you want to be run through the raid we'd be more than happy to show someone! It's honestly not too difficult unless they've changed the scaling on it, and it's visually pretty impressive.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    What system?

This discussion has been closed.