Options

[Fighting] thread Arcade Edition featuring Cody from the Final Fight series.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Steam Sale is a go.
    • BlazBlue - Calamity Trigger: $1.49
    • BlazBlue - Continuum Shift Extend: $2.99
    • BlazBlue - Chronophantasma Extend: $5.99
    • BlazBlue - Centralfiction: $19.99 (plus $4.79 for Jubei DLC)
    • Garou - Mark of the Wolves: $4.99
    • Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R: $2.99
    • Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator: $14.99 ($31.49 for Rev2 with all DLC characters)
    • Injustice: $4.99
    • Injustice 2: $34.99 ($55.99 for Ultimate Edition for all characters except Darkseid, who is an additional $5.99)
    • Killer Instinct: $19.99
    • King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match: $4.94
    • King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match: $4.94
    • King of Fighters XIII: $4.99
    • King of Fighters XIV: $29.99 ($37.49 for Deluxe Pack to get all currently released characters)
    • Tekken 7: $24.99 ($44.99 for Deluxe Edition to get all characters except Eliza, who is an additional $4.99)

They may have not updated yet, but currently Mortal Kombat(2011), Mortal Kombat X, Ultra Street Fighter IV, Street Fighter V, and Dragonball Fighterz are not on sale at all.

EDIT: Forgot Marvel. UMvC3 doesn't appear to be on sale at all, and Infinite is $29.99 for Standard or $53.98 for Deluxe.

Lars on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Damn, guess I'm getting Rev2 and Tekken on PC.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I want more people to pick up BlazBlue. :(

I might grab KoF. Not sure if I want to double dip on Tekken like I did for BB & GG.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Does Killer Instinct come with all the characters or is there a bunch of add-on stuff?

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Does Killer Instinct come with all the characters or is there a bunch of add-on stuff?

the free windows store version has jago and the others are on a rotation like league of legends.

The steam version comes with p much everything.

• Options
    The Steam version of Killer Instinct should have everything except maybe a few costumes.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    for anyone dealing with lag in any game when battle lounging (in any game)... i started using a VPN service called https://www.tunnelbear.com/

my connection with Euphamon has historically varied between "tolerable" to "completely unplayable", but with the VPN it's about as good as online can be, reducing a 1500 mile peer to peer connection to about 50ms ping.

The free trial is enough to cover a lot of games, as long as you're not using your internet for other things at the same time. PC only.

VPNs carry certain blanket security risks.. I'm not vouching for anything other than that it makes my online fighting games way better

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    for anyone dealing with lag in any game when battle lounging (in any game)... i started using a VPN service called https://www.tunnelbear.com/

my connection with Euphamon has historically varied between "tolerable" to "completely unplayable", but with the VPN it's about as good as online can be, reducing a 1500 mile peer to peer connection to about 50ms ping.

The free trial is enough to cover a lot of games, as long as you're not using your internet for other things at the same time. PC only.

VPNs carry certain blanket security risks.. I'm not vouching for anything other than that it makes my online fighting games way better

How does this compare to other VPNs? I use a different service to encrypt traffic on my laptop and cell when I'm out doing client meetings. It works reasonably well, but on occasion I think it causes time-outs to some sites. Plus, GiantBomb just blocks it completely.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    templewulf wrote: »
    Jasconius wrote: »

How does this compare to other VPNs? I use a different service to encrypt traffic on my laptop and cell when I'm out doing client meetings. It works reasonably well, but on occasion I think it causes time-outs to some sites. Plus, GiantBomb just blocks it completely.

i dont know i turn it on for street fighter and turn it off immediately after.. i dont use it for anything else.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I might get killer instinct with that sale but I have basically nobody to play it with so eh

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I might get killer instinct with that sale but I have basically nobody to play it with so eh

hellllooooo

I will play killer instict.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited February 2018

The pricing model for BBTAG.

Not half bad to be honest.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    Blake looks to be a lovechild of two gay dads consisting of 50% BB's Hibiki mixed with 50% GG's Axel.

Arguably that's most of the characters in UNIEL.

I heard you like big normals:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pBJZGetcTk

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I hate big normals, but do love reverse charges.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Dragkonias wrote: »

For Japan, anyway. We'll probably get it at around $39.99 for the base no-DLC and $59.99 for a full season pass version.

Update: Whoops, guess I was off by $10. Base is $49.99 and full is $69.99.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    they won't put akatsuki in bbctb so put akihiko in bbctb

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    @radius or anyone else on ps4 wanna try dregginzball tonight? I've shockingly been able to get ranked games albeit slowly so I wonder if ring matches function for me or not currently

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

hellllooooo

I will play killer instict.

@Blackbeard7 same here (though my available playtime on non-weekends is kinda shit. Sorry I haven’t been able to catch you online Uriel)

• Options
    I mostly meant locally, my scene basically plays only sfv, dbz, and tekken right now

I figured a couple of yall might still play it

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    I own KI on principle and would play with anyone ready for my day 0 saeberwulfe

• Options
    I have the Windows version of Killer Instinct which I believe can play with the Steam version if you jump through some hoops or something.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    SabreMau wrote: »

For Japan, anyway. We'll probably get it at around $39.99 for the base no-DLC and $59.99 for a full season pass version.

People are going to be pretty happy about that dub. Including me.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    So, I think Freezy Pop may be replacing Luffy on my Fighterz team. More experimentation is required, though. It's fun to just smash people with rocks, but I need to see if he's good when that doesn't work every time.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I think I've settled on Team Swell Fellows.

Trunks is fun as hell, especially in the corner. Non-Midget Gohan is buuuuuuuuusted, straightforward to play, and easily extends Trunks corner route. Goku shoots a giant laser beam and I should probably learn to actually combo with him at some point.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    i swapped frieza for yamcha so now im rocking 16/yamcha/beerus

yamcha gives me a second assist that can either extend or pressure blockstrings w/ 16 and also it turns out hes fun and good and a very blackbeard character

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular

I had to look that up. I am not familiar with rick & morty.

My first though was the Ringside mini game from Rhythm Heaven.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWy1utqHD0s

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    BB crosstag seems priced kind of high for an asset reuse anime fighter

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »

People are going to be pretty happy about that dub. Including me.

Hearing UNIEL[st] characters dub'd is going to be weird.

But yay, I got my BlazBlue dub back. Yeah, I was also one of those upset at CF's sudden lack of dub when the entire rest of the series had a really good one.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Wait...its gonna have the English Blazblue cast back?

That's awesome.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Well, it'll have an English Blazblue cast, but not 100% sure that they'll have the exact same one.

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    man I'm gonna be bummed if arakune doesn't make it in

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I have some concerns about them being able to get Patrick Seitz back after what happened with BBCF. And anyone else voicing Ragna would sound very, very wrong.

Although assuming they have no issues getting other VAs to return, now I really want Labrys in the game.

• Options
    I have some concerns about them being able to get Patrick Seitz back after what happened with BBCF. And anyone else voicing Ragna would sound very, very wrong.

Although assuming they have no issues getting other VAs to return, now I really want Labrys in the game.

What concerns?

Also, BBCTB is being self-published by ASW's new North American branch and not by AKSYS like the past games.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular

What concerns?

Also, BBCTB is being self-published by ASW's new North American branch and not by AKSYS like the past games.

He was really vocal about how shitty that situation was. They basically weren't informed at all that there wasn't going to be an english dub of CF. I suppose the concern is that he might still upset about that and wouldn't be willing to do it again.

There might not be any issue at all with getting everyone back again, but I wouldn't say it's 100%.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Does KI have decent single player/arcade content? I have to buy all fighting games with the assumption that I’ll never play with another live human.

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Does KI have decent single player/arcade content? I have to buy all fighting games with the assumption that I’ll never play with another live human.

not really, no. there's a very sparse arcade mode and a "shadow lord" mode with AI that tries to copy human play styles

• Options

What concerns?

He was really vocal about how shitty that situation was. They basically weren't informed at all that there wasn't going to be an english dub of CF. I suppose the concern is that he might still upset about that and wouldn't be willing to do it again.

There might not be any issue at all with getting everyone back again, but I wouldn't say it's 100%.

That was AKSYS though. Maybe he'd be willing to work with ASW.

Patrick is Ragna to me. His voice is perfect.

This discussion has been closed.