As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Hey Kid, I'm a Computer

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Xur Titan.

Sweet business
    Raider flux
    Doomfang pauldrons
    Winters guile

50/50 on repeats. I just want Orpheus or nighthawk to show up so I don't have entire playstyles gated off :(

Or Synthoceps. FUCK! I just want to punch mans and my eyes have been opened about the synthoceps, which naturally, I still dont have.

i have like 12 synthoceps if you want one

trade you for any helmet other than skullfort

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    What's Winter's Guile?

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Xur Titan.

Sweet business
    Raider flux
    Doomfang pauldrons
    Winters guile

50/50 on repeats. I just want Orpheus or nighthawk to show up so I don't have entire playstyles gated off :(

Or Synthoceps. FUCK! I just want to punch mans and my eyes have been opened about the synthoceps, which naturally, I still dont have.

i have like 12 synthoceps if you want one

trade you for any helmet other than skullfort

Bro I can't even hold all these Masks of the Quiet One.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Winter's Guile are melee centric Warlock gloves - each enemy you kill with them gives you a stacking buff up to 5 stacks, I believe - the more you kill, the more damage you do. I've heard that at max stacks, you're not one shotting yello bars, but you're close.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    there was shockingly no thread on the bungie feedback forum about how a collection game doesn't have adequate ability to make collections

so i threw my worthless opinion into the void

it's probably pointless but

also it's interesting to remember sometimes that what's a super important issue to you may not exactly be super important to a large amount of people

• Options
    I do take issue with Xur, selling, multiple weeks in a row, items that are in the freaking story mode and therefore very likely for a player to have them.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    that is bothersome but there are 3 story choices so there's gonna be some overlap.

I actually really liked that the first week was all the armor options were from story so it felt good to fill in what you had missed.

I think multiple weeks of things just adds a point of frustration for people who keep getting lucky pants/wings of dawn/whatever titans hate and hope for a little help in RNG.

I don't know if Xur is completely random or if they have a hand in the choices. If they curate it then I have more issues with it. but I remember in 1 hearing them talk about Xur's loot inventory algorithms so I assume they just set him and forget him.

Really I just wish i had more to do with shards. I had like 900. I bought and sharded exotics for 104 gunsmith ranks to finally get a mananan SR4 and still have 460 shards

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I have 1,400 shards and I've barely played in a week.

They're so useless.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Xur Titan.

Sweet business
    Raider flux
    Doomfang pauldrons
    Winters guile

One shouldn't gate playstyles off because of some crippling sensations of inadequacy due to not having teh "best" itams. o_o

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    it's funny how many things are just the complete opposite of D1

in D1 i felt like i never had enough legendary marks and it was a hopeless grind trying to get them

now i am lousy with shards and please someone take them from me

though if i hadn't taken long breaks from D1 i probably would have found myself at a point of not caring about marks as well

some of us probably play a lot more than the average player, and a lot smarter than the average player (just from all sharing strats and ideas here even)

before i stopped infusing my way up to get those extra 1 or 2 points before redeeming my powerful engrams, keeping enough shards was definitely more of a challenge

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Xur Titan.

Sweet business
    Raider flux
    Doomfang pauldrons
    Winters guile

One shouldn't gate playstyles off because of some crippling sensations of inadequacy due to not having teh "best" itams. o_o

Donuts those exotics are absolutely required to play certain subclasses certain ways because of their effects. It's not a matter of will or attitude.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Xur Titan.

Sweet business
    Raider flux
    Doomfang pauldrons
    Winters guile

Donuts those exotics are absolutely required to play certain subclasses certain ways because of their effects. It's not a matter of will or attitude.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Donuts is stuck in a loop. Unplug his power cord.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Xur Titan.

Sweet business
    Raider flux
    Doomfang pauldrons
    Winters guile

I mean, moreso than other exotics, something like not having nighthawk really affects my decisions for things like the raid. It's like, what should i do for callus ? I guess I'll poledance clear adds. It's more that than "i can never play gunslinger!" I really don't even think twice about it outside of the toughest things, and just spec into whatever feels fun that day.

I don't get that sense from any of my warlock exotics, that "this changes how i look at and play this class"

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I'm upgrading my opinion: Perseverance specced for stability is better than any SMG I've used. Antiope is still the king of your kinetic spot, if energy is your long range option, but if you need an energy short range banger then it's my number one pick.

Before the inevitable: The Last Hope is A+ top tier but it's range is so severely limited that against a good team it's hard to isolate and close the gap with people. The rapid fire autos are also much better team shooting guns.

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Xur Titan.

Sweet business
    Raider flux
    Doomfang pauldrons
    Winters guile

I still play Nightstalker without Orpheus Rig, but it's obvious that someone with that exotic would be able to tether two or three times as often as I can.

I looked up the numbers on Nighthawk (reddit) - it's a 1.6x increase on single-target Golden Gun damage. Not game-breaking, but also significant enough that I'll just stick with Nightstalker since I don't have that exotic.

It's not necessarily a whole playstyle that's gated off, but it's definitely a huge difference.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    Yeah try to use nothing but melee as a Warlock without Winter's Guile and see how that playstyle works for you.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Without Orpheus Rig Nightstalker is just so much less fun to play, like I guess it's also less efficient but really when I don't have Rig on my hunter then I'm just having less fun and that's all that matters to me.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Xur Titan.

Sweet business
    Raider flux
    Doomfang pauldrons
    Winters guile

For me, Synthos would make voidpunch Titan a lot more effective because of the range boost. Striker Titan having knockout does this job almost as well without an exotic slot. But that means when I play void titan instead of striker it's a lot less fun and I feel hobbled by the lack of range. FeelsBadMan not to have it.

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Xur Titan.

Sweet business
    Raider flux
    Doomfang pauldrons
    Winters guile

For me, Synthos would make voidpunch Titan a lot more effective because of the range boost. Striker Titan having knockout does this job almost as well without an exotic slot. But that means when I play void titan instead of striker it's a lot less fun and I feel hobbled by the lack of range. FeelsBadMan not to have it.

Bolded sums it up nicely, especially if you've put in a hundred or more hours into a character and still haven't seen the exotic you want.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    Yeah try to use nothing but melee as a Warlock without Winter's Guile and see how that playstyle works for you.

oh man... I've been mostly devour warlock punching all the things since I started and haven't had this exotic.

I expect this weekend to be a spiritual experience once i visit xur

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    I'm upgrading my opinion: Perseverance specced for stability is better than any SMG I've used. Antiope is still the king of your kinetic spot, if energy is your long range option, but if you need an energy short range banger then it's my number one pick.

Before the inevitable: The Last Hope is A+ top tier but it's range is so severely limited that against a good team it's hard to isolate and close the gap with people. The rapid fire autos are also much better team shooting guns.

How do you feel about Phosphorus in the energy SMG slot?

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    it's funny how many things are just the complete opposite of D1

in D1 i felt like i never had enough legendary marks and it was a hopeless grind trying to get them

now i am lousy with shards and please someone take them from me

though if i hadn't taken long breaks from D1 i probably would have found myself at a point of not caring about marks as well

some of us probably play a lot more than the average player, and a lot smarter than the average player (just from all sharing strats and ideas here even)

before i stopped infusing my way up to get those extra 1 or 2 points before redeeming my powerful engrams, keeping enough shards was definitely more of a challenge

I seem to recall mark equivalents were fairly easy to get in launch D1 but then TDB or maybe HoW changed the way they worked? So maybe this is just D2 echoing D1 again.

I certainly expect DLC 1 to make the giant stacks of legendary marks utterly useless for any kind of meaningful advancement....wait, we're already there now that I think about it.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Evil MonkeyEvil Monkey Grover beachRegistered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Without Orpheus Rig Nightstalker is just so much less fun to play, like I guess it's also less efficient but really when I don't have Rig on my hunter then I'm just having less fun and that's all that matters to me.

I disagree rig is only good if there's a big amount of clumped up enemies and most the time you just really rethether the ones you hit all ready but I find my self using stompees a lot more. But I really love playing nightstalker regardless.

I only play gunslinger with nighthawk and really only for raids maybe a strike if burns are going. The only thing about arc strider I like is the Darth maul dodge I get to do whike.supering. I think arc needs blink back. Sorry for ramble just woke up

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
  • Options
    I play every day, pretty much. I have not gotten a new Titan exotic in WEEKS. Hell, I haven't gotten a new gun exotic in WEEKS. All those engrams and powerful rewards, Dupes dupes dupes.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I play every day, pretty much. I have not gotten a new Titan exotic in WEEKS. Hell, I haven't gotten a new gun exotic in WEEKS. All those engrams and powerful rewards, Dupes dupes dupes.

Are you sure you just dont have all the exotic guns and titan exotic armor?

• Options
    Hell, I can't even farm heroic events anywhere like I used to for engrams, because the pop rate of events is lowered, and the number of people actually doing events so that they can be completed quickly has also dwindled. It feels like the game is pushing back on me at every turn. Can't even do chest loops or resource farm. Planetary engrams don't have a chance to be exotic, so no point in that either.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    ObiFett wrote: »

No Prospector.
    No Hard Light.
    No Skyburners.
    No Synthos.
    No Lion Rampant.
    No Acrius (this one I'm ok with)

Hallowfire Heart is nigh-useless in pvp. You don't get the damn buff til like halfway through the game so that's out of the question. Exotics in general being so gimped compared to D1 doesn't help this game at all. Feedback Fence I used to run on void Titan before they buffed NBP. It's trash now. I've been playing Striker Knockout with either Dunemarchers or War Rig, and I just want to change it up and run Voidpunch like I used to in D1, but those trex arms, man.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    Donuts is stuck in a loop. Unplug his power cord.

...a causal loop built into the posting mechanism where the same argument arises about whether it's a kitbash or a reskin, which causes angry responses intoning one's opinion and invoking Godwin's Law, thought to be due to...

• Options
    Peen wrote: »

I'm right there with you, I think Perseverance is underappreciated. It is one of my favorite guns for maximum Dakka.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    This is the first week for me that Xur is all dupes for me. And I have a shit ton of Exotics so that still feels pretty good. I have all the weapons, all the Warlock exotics, and am only missing a few pieces from other classes:
    - Lion Rampant
    - Lucky Raspberry
    - Orpheus Rig
    - St0mp-EE5

So basically I'm missing all the top-tier fun boots for Titan and Hunter.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

No Prospector.
    No Hard Light.
    No Skyburners.
    No Synthos.
    No Lion Rampant.

Hallowfire Heart is nigh-useless in pvp. You don't get the damn buff til like halfway through the game so that's out of the question. Exotics in general being so gimped compared to D1 doesn't help this game at all. Feedback Fence I used to run on void Titan before they buffed NBP. It's trash now. I've been playing Striker Knockout with either Dunemarchers or War Rig, and I just want to change it up and run Voidpunch like I used to in D1, but those trex arms, man.

I disagree, I like Hallowfire in PvP

But I don't like it enough that I wanted most of my engrams to decode into it

• Options
    Arch wrote: »

No Prospector.
    No Hard Light.
    No Skyburners.
    No Synthos.
    No Lion Rampant.

I disagree, I like Hallowfire in PvP

But I don't like it enough that I wanted most of my engrams to decode into it

How long does it normally take you to get the buff going so you can make use of it? It also rankles me that the exotic perk is just a vanilla perk from D1, essentially.

• Options
    Forgot to bookmark new thread. I realize it was Friday so I should be seeing TW@B and Xur and....well I was happier before that.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    the nice thing about not having top tier exotics for hunter/titan is that I can just worry about looking cool on hunter and literally flying everywhere on titan

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I mean... I don't want to pile on the Destiny 2 sucks thang, but there were some posts here and previous thread about player retention.

Per some stats on r/dtg (take it with a big grain of salt :lol:) it appears that D2 is down 78% of it's playerbase on console since release.

For reference, the stat tracking is based on unique daily accounts in PVP, so it will be a skewed number as there's X% of the playerbase that only plays PVE.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure those lines aren't unique player counts each, just how many players did each thing (so it caps out at 3.67 million total, not that plus how many people did PvP). So it's closer to 50%.

• Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    That's...still not good though, right?

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

I don't know! What does normal player retention 6/7 weeks after launch look like for most games?

It could be perfectly fine.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »

I don't know! What does normal player retention 6/7 weeks after launch look like for most games?

It could be perfectly fine.

Supposedly CoD's go like six month before seeing an 80% drop off.

This discussion has been closed.