As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

whoawaitwhat

1789101113»

• bone daddybone daddy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004
    i apologize to anybody who takes my rantings seriously.

Lame.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited October 2004
    Ajguy wrote:
    If it helps, pretend Clubpa went away and we all wanted to hang out together still and made our own forum and there is no cat.
    oh, wait. are you suggesting if clubpa people want their own forum they should.. go make their own and not mess around on this one?

oh boy, now i'm arguing just to argue. you guys should heed my sig over in the leper colony: "i'm actually in a good mood, so just fuck off"
    i apologize to anybody who takes my rantings seriously. you're not bad people. but you handled this a little immaturely. and i couldn't stand seeing you pat yourselves on your back for that anymore.
    so how are we supposed to take you, mulysa?

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited October 2004
    Paladin wrote:

Man, I wish I could think of a lewd reply to that.

Tube on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2004
    Paladin wrote:
    Man, I wish I could think of a lewd reply to that.
    You have a dirty mind.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004
    Paladin wrote:
    Ajguy wrote:
    If it helps, pretend Clubpa went away and we all wanted to hang out together still and made our own forum and there is no cat.
    oh, wait. are you suggesting if clubpa people want their own forum they should.. go make their own and not mess around on this one?

oh boy, now i'm arguing just to argue. you guys should heed my sig over in the leper colony: "i'm actually in a good mood, so just fuck off"
    i apologize to anybody who takes my rantings seriously. you're not bad people. but you handled this a little immaturely. and i couldn't stand seeing you pat yourselves on your back for that anymore.

by force, with duct tape

FyreWulff on
    edited October 2004
    Well that's just inappropriate.

Tube on
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2004
    Yeah, gentlemen use electrical tape.

A duck! on
    edited October 2004
    No no, that's double-sided tape.

So you can stick them them :winky:

FyreWulff on
  • PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004
    FyreWulff wrote:

Have you been fucking huffing fumes or were you born retarded?

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
    edited October 2004
    pheezer wrote:
    FyreWulff wrote:

No, I don't believe I can have sex with fumes, good sir. :roll:

FyreWulff on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004
    I think that "the signifigant thread" should be moved from clubPA to a public forum and locked just to show everyone how things went down.

The simple fact is this. We tried to do something neat for the Gabes. We couldn't tell anyone for fear of the elder Gabe finding out. After we started pooling funds, someone threw an idea out for something visable. We talked about it, and managed to get it tucked away in a corner.

It was done and people noticed.

We still couldn't talk about why we had it though, it was too soon. The plan wasn't ripe. In order to divert attention, we started coming up with all kinds of idiotic false reasons for it to be there, and activly encouraged people to guess at anything. The new jail icon was simply a diversion to keep people from ( excuse the pun) letting the cat out of the bag.

I regret people took it personally.

Edit: FYI: the code for it is still there, and can be used for other things. I wouldn't be supprised if the "merit badges" will be given to others in the future for future events.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
    edited October 2004
    FyreWulff wrote:
    pheezer wrote:
    FyreWulff wrote:

No, I don't believe I can have sex with fumes, good sir. :roll:

You know what Tube was saying about literacy? DO YOU SEE THE WORD HUFFING BETWEEN THE WORDS FUCKING AND FUMES OR AM I IMAGINING THINGS?

You're fucking stupid.

Pheezer on
    edited October 2004
    You know what? We could blow this whole thing over very easily by having a merit badge system. Think about it (pheezer), everyone who bothers could have like a single badge determinant upon some kind of qualification, and we could have a variety of badges and groups inside the forum. We could have gang wars and the such. That would be so awesome, and will eliminate clubPA elitism and give newbs something to strive for (additionally helping our "thoughtless newb" problem). I'm not saying divisions and such should be serious, but it could be something like a second title.

Paladin on
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
    edited October 2004
    So we could do drive-bys on Artist's Corner?

Awesome.

FyreWulff on
    edited October 2004
    - double post, and it won't let me delete -

FyreWulff on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004
    Paladin wrote:
    You know what? We could blow this whole thing over very easily by having a merit badge system. Think about it (pheezer), everyone who bothers could have like a single badge determinant upon some kind of qualification, and we could have a variety of badges and groups inside the forum. We could have gang wars and the such. That would be so awesome, and will eliminate clubPA elitism and give newbs something to strive for (additionally helping our "thoughtless newb" problem). I'm not saying divisions and such should be serious, but it could be something like a second title.

My idea in "THE THREAD" where this all started was to give people badges for things like pax attendance, or whatever PA does in the future. We were hoping for this all to be used as a positive forward-moving event on all fronts, but some people have no patience and feel the need to cry out at the ghastly unfairness of it all.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    edited October 2004
    Paladin wrote:

My idea in "THE THREAD" where this all started was to give people badges for things like pax attendance, or whatever PA does in the future. We were hoping for this all to be used as a positive forward-moving event on all fronts, but some people have no patience and feel the need to cry out at the ghastly unfairness of it all.
    I WANT FORUM GANG WARS
    I MUST HAVE FORUM GANG WARS

And is compounding badges a good idea? Because some people would be like General-Majors with a metrosexual border around all their posts

Paladin on
    edited October 2004
    I don't think cliques are something to encourage.

Tube on
  • StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004
    susie is great in the kitchen
    just look at her stir

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
    edited October 2004

I don't either. They were the reason I dropped out of highschool and tested for the G.E.D.

However, handled appropreatly they could be a lot of fun.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    edited October 2004

I don't either. They were the reason I dropped out of highschool and tested for the G.E.D.

I disagree, based on the fact that there isn't a single clique here that I don't want to punch.

Tube on
  • StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004
    treehouse

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
    edited October 2004

I disagree, based on the fact that there isn't a single clique here that I don't want to punch.

how about boddah

the one-man clique

FyreWulff on
    edited October 2004
    Shut up odoe.

Tube on
  • futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004
    it's done. can we just drop the whole thing now?

futility on
  • Darkness MundusDarkness Mundus Registered User regular
    edited October 2004
    If only futility would stick to posting in his secret forum.

Darkness Mundus on
    edited October 2004
    ugh. This is all fucking stupid. I'm abusing my powers and you're all going back to your own forums.

Pheezer on
  • ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited October 2004
    While Pheezer probably overstepped his bounds a bit by locking a thread in here, I am going to support his descision as he was 100% justfied in doing so. I will unlock this in a day or two and we will try it again.

MulysaSempronius - I get that you have kept this kinda pent up, but you have to understand, from an administrative standpoint it would be fairly careless of me not to let this go without some public mention. If you come off swearing like you just learned how to use the word "fuck" as more than a verb, there is something wrong with your post. Normally this results in jailing. I think that it would be best in this situation if no-one got jailed, as Susie isn't the only one at fault here. Now, regarding the cats, code changes, implementation, etc. if you want to yell at anyone, yell at me over PM.

Re: Club PA. Donations to Club PA was shut down by Gabe and Tycho. Ramius talked to Gabe and Tycho and they agreed that the best descision was to keep the forum around for existing members. If there were previous donnors that for some reason were unable to get in and tried talking it over with Tycho but still didn't get access, I will let them in on a case by case basis.

Re: Any coding changes. I make the code changes around here. I do. It's my job. So if you don't like it, tell me. I have no way of knowing otherwise. It is also not anyone else's fault if some of the code is annoying (the one exception being Ramius, but as he isn't here right now, I will take any verbal abuse directed his way).

As always, my PM box is always open, if you disagree with something I've said, I will gladly talk it out over PM (I might not always act on it, but I will always listen).

Älphämönkëy on
This discussion has been closed.