Options

Assassin's Creed

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    These zealots sure are determined.

There I was on my longship sailing towards the next territory I had pledged when I hear shouting from behind me.

A zealot had somehow aggroed onto me and was in the middle of the river trying to chase me down on her poor horse. (hint my longship is significantly faster than her horse can swim)

So I jump off the boat and head towards shore to fight this person. In hindsight I should have used the time they spent swimming to dry land to fill them up with arrows, but I was dying of laughter the whole time that the thought didn't even cross my mind.

If this is the type of recruit the order has maybe they're not such a big threat after all.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I have only tried to fight one zealot, as far as I'm aware the lowest level one, and I repeatedly get my ass stomped

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    I can slowly wear them down in straight combat but once they hit the bombing phase my fight always goes to shit.

• Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Staying in melee range and using a hunter bow to sneak in headshots seemed to skip the bombing phase for one of the zealots I had killed.

The timing to line up the headshot is pretty generous, too. At least a few seconds before the zealot sees what you’re doing and raises his shield to cover his head.

It took me like 20 tries to kill redwalda at level 60. Felt good, but not sure it was worth all that time.

I have the time slow down on dodge now and I feel like that will help a ton with zealot fights

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I wanna play this so bad on my series x, but the screen tearing just got too much and it was also making my Xbox run way hotter than any other game I’ve played.

While the game save corruption glitches, and broken mission glitches that are going around are way worse than screen tearing, I’m actually more angry with Ubisoft over the screen tearing. The other glitches are stuff that can just happen when you release a game and millions more people are playing it, you just get way more variables and so stuff breaks that they might not have caught in testing

But with the screen tearing, they had to just go “well it’s good enough for release, well fix it in a patch”

Like it’s something they could have fixed but didn’t because they had to meet the release deadline I’m guessing. And for it to still not be fixed a week after launch when everyone is complaining about it and the biggest tech analysis site pointed out how bad it is, it’s just really disappointing and frustrating

I don’t get annoyed at stuff like pop in and other tech stuff much in games, cos I feel like devs are just doing the best they can, but with screen tearing, it’s clear they weren’t doing the best they can, cos they’ve done better before in the last two games on the same engine.

• Options
    These zealots are fucking horseshit! I can't parry any of their stuff and they can block every goddamn thing I do. I'm a full 60 power above the lowest leveled one and I'm just getting my ass handed to me

• Options
    The slow time on dodge and heal red damage skills really help with them. They're at the bottom of the tree

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    The shield ones are the hardest to fight normally because you need to basically parry everything to get an opening. Once you get the slow time on dodge that gives you guaranteed attacks since attacks during the slow time stagger enemies.

• Options
    Minor spoilers for an area that opens up after you complete the 90 power area plots
    I wasn't expecting to go to Vinland and I certainly wasn't expecting to hear this much untranslated Mohawk being spoken at length

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    This game is very unrealistic because 90% of the dialogue isn’t “Actually, I’m Norse”.

I’m enjoying dual wield daggers a lot. Stabstabstabstabstab.

• Options
    Flarne wrote: »
    This game is very unrealistic because 90% of the dialogue isn’t “Actually, I’m Norse”.

I’m enjoying dual wield daggers a lot. Stabstabstabstabstab.

When Ceolbert
    notices Eivor's accent is different and asks why
    that's when I knew I would grow very fond of that good smart boy.

• Options
    I mean it makes sense that they all assume Eivor's a Dane. From what I remember reading, the time/area we're in had mostly vikings from Denmark.

Eivor does bring up that they are Norse a couple of times, but I figure they just decided it would be exhausting having to constantly correct literally every single non-Scandinavian person they run into.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    "Yeah 'viking' is kind of more like a verb" said to a gutted burning corpse

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    I mean it makes sense that they all assume Eivor's a Dane. From what I remember reading, the time/area we're in had mostly vikings from Denmark.

Eivor does bring up that they are Norse a couple of times, but I figure they just decided it would be exhausting having to constantly correct literally every single non-Scandinavian person they run into.

I’m glad you took my very serious complaint in the very serious way it was meant.

• Options
    *stab* what he meant was, it’s actually a peninsula! *breaks arms*

• Options
    MargaretThatcherMargaretThatcher Registered User regular
    I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but how is this game running on base PS4? I'm stuck with that until I can secure a PS5 order. :(

I'm Jeremy Corbyn's #1 fan
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I watched the Giant Bomb folks play Syndicate for a bit the other day. Man, what a great game that is. Their shock at how absolutely brutal Evie’s finishers are was an absolute delight.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but how is this game running on base PS4? I'm stuck with that until I can secure a PS5 order. :(

Pretty noticeable load times, and my base PS4 sounds like it’s gonna take me to the moon, but overall it’s fine.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    wish there were fewer "eivor befriends a shitty king," missions in this!

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    well you can't befriend a dead king

• Options
    Holy shit these three wolves

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    First time I fought them they hit me so hard it locked my PC

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    I really hate that lazy swipe animation that you do for some assassinations. It’s like I cut their heels and somehow they die instantly. I want to always have a brutal kill from an assassination

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    I really hate that lazy swipe animation that you do for some assassinations. It’s like I cut their heels and somehow they die instantly. I want to always have a brutal kill from an assassination

i feel like assassinating anyone laying down is either unfinished or keeps bugging out

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    AzraithAzraith DON'T Registered User regular
    Sciropescire end of chapter spoilers:
    God fuck you Ivarr. Dumb bastard. Hope you like Hel. "Hand me my axe" Get the fuck outta here, you too Odin you bastard quit acting like this shit's groovy.

kgefLUA.png
    Steam Live: Azraith PSN: AzraithDeMitri
  • Options
    Geez Oxenefordshire is very frustrating for Eivor, and me because I like Eivor.

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »

The night wolf is the biggest asshole, lunges faster than you can dodge, if you get up tight to it's side so it can't lunge then you get jumped by the big wolf or hit with the grab and jumped by the big wolf

• Options
    Carpy wrote: »
    Aistan wrote: »

The night wolf is the biggest asshole, lunges faster than you can dodge, if you get up tight to it's side so it can't lunge then you get jumped by the big wolf or hit with the grab and jumped by the big wolf

They don't understand roofs so I went onto one where they then came at me one at a time.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Kind of a bummer that you can’t use normal swords in this. Especially since they were used quite a lot by real Vikings and even had their own general style of sword.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    It is a bit of a bummer, but I grabbed the 2 hand dual wield skill and have been using a greatsword and shield combo that has worked out pretty well so far.

• Options
    It’s weird that they took out spotting enemies from your bird. Like is it an attempt to make stealth harder or something? It just feels like they should maybe realise that most people are coming to this after origins and odyssey and so when you take shit out for no real reason it feels bad

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    It’s weird that they took out spotting enemies from your bird. Like is it an attempt to make stealth harder or something? It just feels like they should maybe realise that most people are coming to this after origins and odyssey and so when you take shit out for no real reason it feels bad

The impression I have is that Ikaros and Senu were too powerful

• Options
    How do I get more god favors for orlog? The guy in my fucking town has three of them and keeps absolutely rolling me, everyone has multiple of these things and I am getting fucking wrecked, how do I get good at this

• Options
    You get a new one for each person you beat.

My general strat has been to focus on getting dice with the border on them or the steal. Try to build up as many god tokens as you can and then use tier 3 of the starting favor, the one that does like 8 damage.

Despite having quite a few of the favors the one you start with just feels like the most effective to me.

• Options
    You just have to win Orlog matches, each one gets you a new favor

• Options
    edited November 2020
    I am like 0 for 20 or so matches on orlog

Edit: is there someone I can start playing against who doesn't have a whole bunch of fucking gods already?

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »

The impression I have is that Ikaros and Senu were too powerful

It just feels weird, like make the game harder to compensate, or make it an ability you have to unlock later in the game. I just feel like taking it out doesn’t quite work. It doesn’t really replace it with anything cool, so you feel like you’re loosing abilities rather than just the game being different

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I am like 0 for 20 or so matches on orlog

Edit: is there someone I can start playing against who doesn't have a whole bunch of fucking gods already?

there was one in the starting town

• Options
    Valka stuff at the new homestead, post...completion of the first vision quest thing
    When I first popped up in Asgard, I was like, "hey, neat! wild swing, but it's cool!" but that arc was...too long, and I just finished up the Asgard stuff and now it dropped me into Jotunheim, which is its own zone and I'm officially off board. It's just...not compelling enough to devote hours of gameplay where I'm not Eivor and I'm not talking to any of the people I know or the companions I already have. Maybe eventually it'll come around to a point where it ties into either the main plot of the game or at least the Isu stuff, but as of right now it's a big miss, for me

• Options
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    Valka stuff at the new homestead, post...completion of the first vision quest thing
    When I first popped up in Asgard, I was like, "hey, neat! wild swing, but it's cool!" but that arc was...too long, and I just finished up the Asgard stuff and now it dropped me into Jotunheim, which is its own zone and I'm officially off board. It's just...not compelling enough to devote hours of gameplay where I'm not Eivor and I'm not talking to any of the people I know or the companions I already have. Maybe eventually it'll come around to a point where it ties into either the main plot of the game or at least the Isu stuff, but as of right now it's a big miss, for me
    I just started Jotunheim and I'm enjoying it. I got a feeling, based off some of the conversations going down in Asgard, that it's going to wind up being pretty important. There was a lot of talk about moving souls to a new body and the builder trying to figure out what makes an Aesir's soul tick. That combined with Eivor having chats with Odin every now and then makes me think that maybe Odin's spirit is hitching a ride in Eivor's body. I haven't gotten far into Jotunheim at all, but I'm starting to think that the way Odin escapes from his fate of getting eaten by Fenrir is to yeet his soul out of his body at the last minute and tie it to a human since they survive Ragnarok.

Of course this could all be bullshit and it could be something else. Either way I think it's neat how they are tying in the mythology so explicitly in this game.