As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Assassin's Creed

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    I wish turning off the stupid photos on the map actually worked. Or some option to turn off their whole dumb community bullshit completely. I don't want to see buttjoe3456's amazing photo that has 2 likes and is right on top of a treasure chest.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Yeah I've been searching for a filter like in Origns/Odyssey and can't see one at all :(

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Open up your map legend and scroll down to MISC which lists the photo spots and turn that off

And then marvel when it doesn't do anything anyway!

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I would appreciate it if everyone could really vociferously borderline dementedly complain about that so by the time I get to play this it is fixed

• Options
    Also, the village cartographer is a scam. He sold me a map to a treasure I had "missed" in an area I already explored.

Out of the two treasures I was missing in that area, the one he sold me a map to was the one already marked on my map that I couldn't get to yet.

At least I assume so since no other treasure showed up on the map.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    I had a few instances of wealth showing on the map but never pinging in Odin vision and it was driving me bonkers

Edit: so it seemed to be they were items held by enemies that hadn't spawned right. Just went back to those areas later and they dropped fine

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    FYI there is an exploding arrow skill (I can't remember exactly where I found it but fairly early on) which is neat, but more importantly it works on walls so no need to lug an oil jar around if you have the adrenaline to use.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    I have yet to see a bombable wall that didn't have a bomb right next to it, it's very convenient

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I have lopped off multiple heads in this game, it's extremely visceral at times

there's also an option to turn it off

• Options
    There's a real fiddly one in SPOILERS AREA that involves a tightrope and throwing a jar just past but not at* your feet that I wish I'd tried the arrow on but I found out on literally the next wall.

*ie directly at your feet a whole bunch of times

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    I mean you can set the jar down, walk away, and shoot it with an arrow, assuming you have the space

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    It's a shame the "shoot an arrow through walls and people" ability doesn't damage barricades.

Like, I get why it doesn't that would be completely game-breaking, but as a fan of consistency it annoys me.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    2H axe has a pretty brutal finisher from behind where you cut the legs off at the knees and then on the second swing get the head.

• Options
    FYI there is an exploding arrow skill (I can't remember exactly where I found it but fairly early on) which is neat, but more importantly it works on walls so no need to lug an oil jar around if you have the adrenaline to use.

Oh come on. 40h in and never realized that ability does that. It just says it sets stuff on fire!

• Options
    I think I'm gonna end up liking Odyssey more than this, but Odyssey was one of my favorite games of that whole console generation, so it was a high bar to clear. Still got a ways to go however

• Options
    suprachromatsuprachromat Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Whats the brutal violence scale on this unit are there heads flyin off necks or what

There is definitely at least two decapitation finishing animations that I know of. One with bearded axes (seems rare) and another for flail enemies. The stun finisher for them basically has your character exploding their head with the flail. Its brutal.

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Shields have some surprisingly violent decapitations as well. And I think that while a lot of the kills in here are super violent and over-the-top, they are at least mercifully quick for the most part. I think Syndicate was the most brutal, where you'd have Evie slowly and systematically dislocate every limb before driving a cane through their skull.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Are there really not any one handed swords in this viking game

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Are there really not any one handed swords in this viking game
    Get outta here, ya fuckin Breton

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Vikings had swords! Famously so!

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    There definitely are.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    There is so much off the wall comic relief in Grantebrisgesire world events, its fantastic. In the last hour I've ran into a full-on cat-lady and a fellow dengr that was complaining of a slight headache...
    he had a bearded axe embedded in his skull. You let him know what that itch is and he takes it like a man and asks for a hand in getting him on his way to Odin's Hall

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Vikings had swords! Famously so!

Sounds like Breton talk.

Next you’ll be telling me I gotta take these sweet horns off my helmet

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Just got to the quest chain to take out the Keel
    So, here I am in Vinland, hanging out with the Iroquoi, nobody knows what anyone else is saying. I wonder how long it'll take until someone translates what they're saying

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    More fun in Granitschire, helping a kid who has a slight problem with his dad:
    the dad is a disgusting slob that dips his arrowheads in cow shit, doesn't bathe, and the stench has leeched into rhe very walls of their cottage. This 10 year old kid begs for help "otherwise we're destined to die in Father's shit-house."

You need to use a touch to burn away the sickeningly green fart cloud permeating the house then grab and toss crates full of cow and pig shit into the forest.You also find a not written by the kid's mom to her father asking if he could help them out.. She also admits she now only refers to her husband as He Whom I Should Not Have Married, and asks her dad to at least send lye soap, vinegar, and a washbasin.

I wasn't paying attention when I first entered that building and Eivor almost succumbed to the reek of unwashed ass.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    the two handed carolingian sword is a good sword

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    So, here I am in Vinland, hanging out with the Iroquoi, nobody knows what anyone else is saying. I wonder how long it'll take until someone translates what they're saying

Uhhhm
    Does this game have you travel to Newfoundland to lay waste to Beothuk people

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    How the hell do none of these reindeer have antlers? I can see them right there on your head just give them to me game.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    More fun in Granitschire, helping a kid who has a slight problem with his dad:
    the dad is a disgusting slob that dips his arrowheads in cow shit, doesn't bathe, and the stench has leeched into rhe very walls of their cottage. This 10 year old kid begs for help "otherwise we're destined to die in Father's shit-house."

You need to use a touch to burn away the sickeningly green fart cloud permeating the house then grab and toss crates full of cow and pig shit into the forest.You also find a not written by the kid's mom to her father asking if he could help them out.. She also admits she now only refers to her husband as He Whom I Should Not Have Married, and asks her dad to at least send lye soap, vinegar, and a washbasin.

I wasn't paying attention when I first entered that building and Eivor almost succumbed to the reek of unwashed ass.
    I didn't realize you could burn away the cloud. I would run in, grab a box, run out, toss the box, and eat a couple berries. Fortunately, there's tooooons of healing around that house.

Also, I've seen complaints about the writing in that quest, but I loved how over the top that kid is.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    There definitely are.

If you are talking about 1-handed swords, then no. They 100% are not a weapon type in this game currently.

• Options
    That does seem a peculiar omission

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Since I don't have a PS5 and I never did finish Odyssey, I popped it back in. Level 59 currently, helping the fine folks of Lesbos. I finally started messing with changing up the cosmetics of my armor. And now I want the final 5-6 pieces I don't have available, because I am a video game hoarder. I assume they are a few unique sets.

Anyways, customizing leaves you few options when your overriding criteria is "must show off Kassandra's guns as much as possible." I'd been wearing the Amazonian set, and that's hard to beat. I settled on a relatively simple sleeveless Spartan breastplate and matching bracers without sleeves. All the belt options are kind of samey, and not much in the way of armor. For common armors, you can choose from 5 different finishes: black iron, burnished iron, copper, silver, and gold. For some armors, gold doesn't unlock until you hit level 70.

I've been using the same Kronus daggers forever, they're so good. But I would like to find a good unique sword or spear. I haven't loved the ones I've found. I beat a certain snakey lady with a spear that I figured was meant for that, but it's really just a unique named blue-level spear. I'd forgotten how fast and how good reach they had.

I need to look up a story summary or something, because I don't remember any details of what I'm doing in the main plot. I think the Olympics are happening?

• Options
    edited November 2020
    There definitely are.

If you are talking about 1-handed swords, then no. They 100% are not a weapon type in this game currently.

I thought I had one in my inventory, but maybe not? I haven't actually used it.

Edit: I guess I was looking at a dagger or two-handed sword.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Does the Epic store do refunds if the game doesn't work?

• Options
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

Uhhhm
    Does this game have you travel to Newfoundland to lay waste to Beothuk people

No
    you're there to hunt a templar you are explicitly not there to start shit with the locals and none of the vikings there want to settle, they want to go back home

• Options
    Well that's...good
    I will say from what I recall from the sagas the norse in Vinland literally immediately started shit like upon first contact they stabbed a guy to see what he bled like

Normal as it turned out

• Options
    Well that's...good
    I will say from what I recall from the sagas the norse in Vinland literally immediately started shit like upon first contact they stabbed a guy to see what he bled like

Normal as it turned out
    you kinda show up well after first contact, and Eivor is specifically only there to start shit with another Norwegian

• Options
    another thing was, I went to Lunden in the game, and you meet a couple new allies
    Eivor walks up to them and is like, "wow you guys are so close! like brothers!" and they're like, "eh heh...yeah, something like that," and that recurs a few times, and it's like...eivor, come on

(there's also a bit where eivor is going off on a trip and she's watching randvi's ass as she leaves and it's not subtle and it's very funny, which is only related in that eivor should really have picked up on what they were putting down much sooner)

• Options
    Am I missing something about how to use the raven this time around? He seems pretty useless

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Am I missing something about how to use the raven this time around? He seems pretty useless
    You can't mark targets with your bird anymore.

Only Odin sight (right stick click hold) will highlight things and enemies in a certain radius.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile