Options

[Job] Thread in mourning

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Vacation is officially over. Back to work tonight. One of my co-workers sent me this last night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn-enjcgV1o

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    What kind of asshole spits their gum out in the urinal? Like, are they intentionally being an asshole, or are they just so self absorbed that they don't even realize that someone has to clean up after them??

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    See also: Adults who piss on the seat, stick gum to the bottom of desks, throw trash out of moving cars, etc., etc.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Every morning, I clean up the cigs left in the parking lot in front of our store,
    along with
    Spin the Gross Litter Wheel Dice

D1 - Diapers
    D2-3 - Fast Food
    D4 - Broken Bottles
    D5 - Stained Clothes
    D6 - Condoms

Geth roll 1d6 for Litter

Litter:
    1d6 2 [1d6=2]

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Every morning, I clean up the cigs left in the parking lot in front of our store,
    along with

D1 - Diapers
    D2-3 - Fast Food
    D4 - Broken Bottles
    D5 - Stained Clothes
    D6 - Condoms

Geth roll 1d6 for Litter

no thanks I'll pass!

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Back to work in 12 hours.

Finished another assignment, almost caught up.....have til the 27th. Guess I'll finish this week's and start the next 2.

I only work 1 day and have Tuesday off, then work another 3 days.

Its odd, but considering how much my shifts tend to go to shit with alarms and shit, I do not mind them being interrupted.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    along with

D1 - Diapers
    D2-3 - Fast Food
    D4 - Broken Bottles
    D5 - Stained Clothes
    D6 - Condoms

Geth roll 1d6 for Litter

I was living down in Houston when I went into the gas station right next to my house just before work one morning; I had to do a double take because there was, laid gently on the ground next to the curb, an honest-to-goodness crack pipe. It's not really something you expect to see in a decent-to-good neighborhood at 5AM on a Tuesday. I told the guy behind the counter about it and he actually gloved up before getting a broom and dustpan, swept it up and then handled the dustpan like it was carrying a live rattlesnake all the way to the dumpster.

Don't blame him, really.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    had my meth dude tell me last time he had meth psychosis he tried to run out because he "though all the nurses and doctors were Satanists and were going to harvest my organs and sell them"

2 out of 3 ain't bad?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    TheStig wrote: »
    had my meth dude tell me last time he had meth psychosis he tried to run out because he "though all the nurses and doctors were Satanists and were going to harvest my organs and sell them"

2 out of 3 ain't bad?

Yeah no one worships satan anymore, come on guy

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    I wan gonna say we don't (directly) make money off it, so it's not really selling.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Normal day in the Library. Having this R2-D2 robot fight this BB9 robot.

Just the usual.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Also I think I pulled a muscle in my back lifting laptops.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    along with

D1 - Diapers
    D2-3 - Fast Food
    D4 - Broken Bottles
    D5 - Stained Clothes
    D6 - Condoms

Geth roll 1d6 for Litter

What? No used needles?

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    That just reminds me of when I pushed carts at Walmart. People love leaving full diapers in their carts. Or they opt to drop them on the ground so the next time a car pulls into the spot they explode the diaper under their tire on a hot summer day.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Not too many needles thankfully.
    Generally find those in alley in behind the shops.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Yet another thing I love about going to Japan: I've never seen any of that shit. I rarely even see cigarette butts on the ground, even though everyone and their mother is a pack-a-day smoker, because despite that people seem to, you know, give a fuck.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Last year and part of this year, I was one of those dumb fucks guarding the entrance and perimeter to a rail yard construction site to prevent dumber fucks from stealing shit and/or walking into an open it and/or walking across live railroad tracks.

One of the series of trains I used to see coming and going during my various shifts just derailed in the Tacoma, Washington area.

Unpleasant sleep soon.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Speaking of, are all our Seattle area folks alright?

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    It has been freezing all da
    Also I think I pulled a muscle in my back lifting laptops.

Make sure you report that ASAP. Never know what could come of it and it's better to have documented at the time of the incident.

• Options
    RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular
    Overexerted on Saturday emptying wreath boxes, and my butt/thighs/lower back are still sore. First entry on the 2018 resolutions list: get in better shape.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    According to Plato, the most perfect shape is a sphere. So, you know, I'm doing what I can.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

2 out of 3 ain't bad?

Don't... we... worship Satan? I mean, who am I receiving gifts from?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Elaro wrote: »

2 out of 3 ain't bad?

That's Santa, his cousin. They both wear red and have cloven feet.

• Options
    RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular

2 out of 3 ain't bad?

Excuse me sir, would you like to hear the good news about our lord and savior, Fedex?

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Nope, the thread on the first page clearly says "Satan(s)". Y'all are just trying to lead me astray!

Elaro on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I believe that was supposed to be a secret.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Robonun wrote: »

2 out of 3 ain't bad?

Excuse me sir, would you like to hear the good news about our lord and savior, Fedex?

Oh wise and powerful Avis, cover the loss of our vehicle. Hail Avis, hail victory!

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    ... and I've spent 3 hours looking for a codeplug that may never have existed, as well as trying to find it through data recovery from knowing what its name would likely have been.

I'm pretty sure at this point that my predecessor just straight up didn't back this particular bit of data up at all since he knew he was quitting, but I can't prove it and have nothing else on my plate at the moment. :|

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I did not get the orders I applied for. This means I have one last application before finding out whether or not my next duty station tanks my wife's career.

In other news I did not get the evaluation I was expecting despite hitting literally every wicket expected. Likely because even though I am outperforming others I haven't been at the command as long, not that anyone would admit that.

1l3CbFG.gif

*sigh*

Nothing for it but to apply one last time, keep doing what I'm doing, and hope wherever I end up next aren't such ass hats about evals.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I recieved a rejection email from a firm in Washington today. Not unexpected at all considering I don't live there yet!

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I recieved a rejection email from a firm in Washington today. Not unexpected at all considering I don't live there yet!

The hardest part about moving and getting job offers is getting someone who's willing to like chillax for a few months while you move.

• Options
    Do you know who didn't complain about finding a place to stay for a job?

Communists.

Because they didn't have to. Because the government made sure its workers were fed, lodged, and had job security.

Now you may say, "Elaro, didn't they lack certain basic necessities, like LEGO bricks and music by the Beatles?" That is true! So maybe we should count our blessings, in being left to fend for ourselves in the area of housing.

Or the municipal government could get off its ass and keep a registry of every available housing solution in its city, and keep track of available housing? Hmmm?

• Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    kolyma_detail.jpg

Just look at these happy workers!

• Options
    DrDinosaur wrote: »
    kolyma_detail.jpg

Like I said, no LEGO bricks.

basic necessities

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    DrDinosaur wrote: »
    kolyma_detail.jpg

If you're gonna try and pretend that working in a mine in America at the same time was any different, well, I honestly don't know what to say to you to explain just how wrong you are.

• Options
    I still remember when my brother was trying to get me a job in Colorado before he moved.

And they were like "how much notice do you need?"

"Well about a month and a half, I'll be giving my current place 4 weeks since I'm essentially upper management and I want a little bit to get across the country and settled"

"Oh that long? We were hoping you could stop by for an interview next week."

Which I mean... yes I could have done that, but I got a little frustrated after the last time they gave me the run around in regards to not having a bachelors and only an associates.

me: "I understand you're looking for a bachelors but I have 11 years of experience in the field professionally and almost another 10 of amateur experience during middle school and high school." (I self taught qbasic and C++ at 12ish)

"We're really looking for someone with a bachelors though."

Just... super frustrating at times, I was more than willing to relocate I just needed the time to do so. Even places that are regional seem super hesitant to even consider you. I've shot out a few to Rochester, Binghamton, Albany, Boston, NYC, some to DC and as soon as they find out I'm not local (I don't put my address on my resume anymore) they basically ghost me.

Like come on now, ya'll are within half a day's driving distance knock that shit off.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The person I was friends with for a long time before they fled to Colorado told me the other day it's like some alien place now
    As they treat it if you don't smoke as a weirdo

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    The person I was friends with for a long time before they fled to Colorado told me the other day it's like some alien place now
    As they treat it if you don't smoke as a weirdo

my brother moved because "all the liberals from California were taking the place over"

lol get rekt noob

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    A very funny man, is my visiting sous chef who's helping us through the growing pains of Opening New Restaurant. You might remember him as the man who sent out a chicken fried steak on top of a salad as a prank and ended up making a loyal customer out of a guest with a great sense of humor.

But first, one of our dishwashers ...

He's a young man (maybe 19?) majoring in Computer Science, and true to the stereotype, he's very bright in a certain range of topics, but has trouble with the common sense it takes to be a dishwasher in a high volume restaurant; his heart is always in the right place, but he's ... just ... well, he's not very efficient and he's required a good deal of coaching. His name is Serani and he is apparently of Turkish descent; one of the line cooks immediately nicknamed him 'Salami,' to which he had a good laugh and now embraces his nickname as a grand joke.

So, our visiting chef proceeded to start calling him by various other meat names: Salami became Pastrami, which became Bologna, which became Prosciutto and so on. Each new name got a hearty laugh from this kid.

There was one point this evening where we needed some various flatware on the expo line and Serani had been kind of dragging his feet, to which Visiting Chef asked the air:

"Man, I really need some app plates and ovals. Where the fuck is Lunchmeat?"

I tried not to laugh, I really did, but I think we all know how much sadistic humor makes me cackle like Witch Hazel from Looney Tunes.

Lunchmeat is such a beautifully apt moniker, and every time the kid walked past with his mind in another dimension, I found myself smiling and thinking to myself in an exasperated tone ...

"Oh, Lunchmeat, will you never learn?"

I can feel your judgement and I reject it.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    honestly I think Lunchmeat is a pretty decent nickname, all things considered

This discussion has been closed.