Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Hit, shit, it's an easy mistake to make.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Ugh, I can't escape the Sonic Forces talk even over here.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Hit, shit, it's an easy mistake to make.

Sonic Feces

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I will say I liked Sonic Forces enough, but this obviously shows that they’re desperate for sales.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Copying and pasting from Neogaf The Sequel:
    Possible Nintendo direct leak:
    First weekend of the month, 45 minutes long. The following games are currently slated to appear:
    >Yoshi
    >Kirby Star Allies
    >Kirby Battle Royale (NA Direct only)
    >No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again
    >Yooka-Laylee
    >Fire Emblem
    >Fire Emblem Warriors
    >Steep
    >Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology
    >Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux
    >Dragon Quest 11 for 3DS and Switch
    >Dragon Quest Builders 1+2
    >Metroid Prime 4
    >Mario Maker (switch/port)
    >Kid Icarus (switch/new)

Additionally, Nintendo will be announcing a partnership with Devolver Digital to bring many of their titles to the Switch. The Japanese stream will also announce the localisation of several of their untranslated titles.

Beyond this the Switch's paid online scheme will be a major focus, along with the reveal of a new Game Pass/Origin Access style system for playing old Nintendo titles. You can subscribe to a specific system's titles, download, and play them freely so long as your subscription is active. It will launch in tandem with the paid online service and will feature NES and SNES titles only at the start, all from the Classic releases. Netplay will be enabled for specific games. There is no option to rent a game individually or permanently purchase any of them currently.

A system update for the Switch will also be coming in January.

Via 4chan: (HC edit: removed 4chan link)

Remember, it's from 4chan, so all the grains of salt ever and whatnot. However it does seem rather plausible... some of it at least.

Source: https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-switch-ot-now-youre-playing-with-power-hybrid-power.3241/page-29#post-1154413

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    First weekend of the month, 45 minutes long. The following games are currently slated to appear:
    >Yoshi
    >Kirby Star Allies
    >Yooka-Laylee
    >Fire Emblem
    >Fire Emblem Warriors
    >Steep
    >Metroid Prime 4
    >Kid Icarus (switch/new)

Additionally, Nintendo will be announcing a partnership with Devolver Digital to bring many of their titles to the Switch. The Japanese stream will also announce the localisation of several of their untranslated titles.

Beyond this the Switch's paid online scheme will be a major focus, along with the reveal of a new Game Pass/Origin Access style system for playing old Nintendo titles. You can subscribe to a specific system's titles, download, and play them freely so long as your subscription is active. It will launch in tandem with the paid online service and will feature NES and SNES titles only at the start, all from the Classic releases. Netplay will be enabled for specific games. There is no option to rent a game individually or permanently purchase any of them currently.

Remember, it's from 4chan, so all the grains of salt ever and whatnot. However it does seem rather plausible... some of it at least.

Source: https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-switch-ot-now-youre-playing-with-power-hybrid-power.3241/page-29#post-1154413

If we get to finally see Metroid Prime 4 gameplay, that is all I need to see right now.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Fuck Mario Maker. Spend hours crafting a level just to have Nintendo delete it for no reason. Yet kaizo bullshit levels flood the place.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    No Smash even on a possibly fake leak

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    eelektrik wrote: »
    >Yoshi
    >Kirby Star Allies
    >Yooka-Laylee
    >Fire Emblem
    >Fire Emblem Warriors
    >Steep
    >Metroid Prime 4
    >Kid Icarus (switch/new)

If we get to finally see Metroid Prime 4 gameplay, that is all I need to see right now.

That's one of the items that I don't feel is quite so plausible. Although who knows, that's the time of the year when the big Switch direct happened and an MP4 segment would be a good sequel to that. Besides we have no actual idea where that game is in it's development, it could be much further along than we all suspect.

edit: to me though it looks like someone took a direct leak, or at least a plausible prediction of a direct, and added a bunch of outlandish stuff after DQ builders 1 and 2.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    I feel like the next Direct won't be until January, unless they are trying to fuel some holiday sales hype still but I don't think they even need to at this point.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    eelektrik wrote: »
    I feel like the next Direct won't be until January, unless they are trying to fuel some holiday sales hype still but I don't think they even need to at this point.

I don't think they need to but there are so many games coming out that I think some are totally getting buried. I keep focusing on Xenoblade 2 as the next big thing and forgetting about Revelations 1 and 2. Not that I'm necessarily getting that but I hope it performs well for Capcom and I know some people are looking forward to it.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    What was the latest word on when Switch paid online kicks in? Can’t remember if that’s still due this year, but if it is that pretty well requires a new Direct.

• Options
    What was the latest word on when Switch paid online kicks in? Can’t remember if that’s still due this year, but if it is that pretty well requires a new Direct.

Still coming in 2018

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    dantreedantree Registered User regular
    Several times last night I very nearly leaped from several cliffs while playing Skyrim thinking it was like Zelda with the glider. They should have added a glider.

psn: dantree
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I feel it will be in January in the direct.
    Will it be the focus of it?

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular

They postponed it to next year. Probably a combo of essentially wanting a post-Christmas free online period, and needing to fine-tune the service a bit more.

If their Updated Retro Game Library is actually a substantial service, I could see it being a good Spring Marketing Event- $20/year for NES Netflix, essentially.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    I really hope that Devolver Digital thing is true because that would mean Absolver on the Switch possibly.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    dantree wrote: »
    Several times last night I very nearly leaped from several cliffs while playing Skyrim thinking it was like Zelda with the glider. They should have added a glider.

The Skyrim equivalent is shouting Become Ethereal before jumping off mountains.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    This photo makes me happy. It's obviously set up, from experience I know that there's no way the guy on the right can possibly see the screen unless he's taking a break from hunching over in front of it, but it makes me happy nonetheless:

xd6rppfu4uyz.jpg

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/7dxda0/this_last_field_exercise_showed_me_that_the/

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    You know, call me crazy but after doing those DK side scrolling platformers for so long, I’m really, really curious to see what Retro Studios is preparing to do with Metroid.

I know Prime=FPS, allegedly, but still. They’ve been playing around a bit outside that wheelhouse...

• Options
    You know, call me crazy but after doing those DK side scrolling platformers for so long, I’m really, really curious to see what Retro Studios is preparing to do with Metroid.

I know Prime=FPS, allegedly, but still. They’ve been playing around a bit outside that wheelhouse...

Retro isn’t making Metroid Prime 4

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Yeah an entirely new in-house studio is making Prime 4. We don't know what Retro is working on but they are working on something.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Yeah an entirely new in-house studio is making Prime 4. We don't know what Retro is working on but they are working on something.

This is new information for me.

Not sure how I feel

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    >Yoshi
    >Kirby Star Allies
    >Yooka-Laylee
    >Fire Emblem
    >Fire Emblem Warriors
    >Steep
    >Metroid Prime 4
    >Kid Icarus (switch/new)

New Kid Icarus. Nah...

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options

This is new information for me.

Not sure how I feel

I'm hoping Retro is being allowed to create some new IP.

Prime 4 is being done by a new team but still in house at Nintendo so I'm not too worried.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    the reveal of a new Game Pass/Origin Access style system for playing old Nintendo titles. You can subscribe to a specific system's titles, download, and play them freely so long as your subscription is active. It will launch in tandem with the paid online service and will feature NES and SNES titles only at the start, all from the Classic releases.
    it's gotta be real - who could just make up such a Nintendo Dumb implementation

• Options
    Nice. Skyrim was finally delivered. Now to waste the rest of my Sunday enjoying it.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Reggie recently said in an interview that they're gonna talk about the Switch online stuff next year, so this is fake. There's also no way they wouldn't talk about the Breath of the Wild DLC.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    Am I the only one hoping Nintendo has NOTHING for Jan/Feb so I have time for Skyrim?

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I wonder how much that Puyo/Sonic bundle would cost. $60? If it even is real, and has a NA release. I would happily double dip on Forces and get Puyo out of the deal. No question if it was like, $30 or something.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Reggie recently said in an interview that they're gonna talk about the Switch online stuff next year, so this is fake. There's also no way they wouldn't talk about the Breath of the Wild DLC.

Reggie also said "there are no friend codes within what we're doing."

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Are than any good charging cables for when you're undocked but close to an outlet? Did something come in the box, and I just don't remember?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Mine I am excited for Tiny Metal on Tuesday. Anyone else planning on getting it?

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
      Skull2185 wrote: »
      Are than any good charging cables for when you're undocked but close to an outlet? Did something come in the box, and I just don't remember?

The Google Pixel phone charger is a solid, high quality charger for the Switch.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
    • Options
      DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
      The idea of both Switch and 3DS localizations of DQ11 was kind of a red flag for me. Those are definitely "believe it only when you see it" titles.

• Options
      LorekLorek Registered User regular
      Skull2185 wrote: »

The power cord that plugs into the dock can also just plug directly into the switch.

• Options
      Oh right... durrrr

• Options
      jothkijothki Registered User regular
      I wouldn't call that a good charging cable, at least not if you're actively playing.

• Options
      homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
      To add to the iffy things on that list, Kirby Battle Royale is marked (NA Direct only), while Radiant Histora and SMT:SJ aren't, even though those are already out in Japan. Kirby Battle Royale isn't out yet in Japan, but will be when the supposed Direct will take place.

• Options
      SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
      Donnicton wrote: »
      The idea of both Switch and 3DS localizations of DQ11 was kind of a red flag for me. Those are definitely "believe it only when you see it" titles.

Maybe only in the japan direct?

steam_sig.png
    This discussion has been closed.