As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Download cards for the game are now available at Japanese retailers, and they confirm a couple (not too surprising) details:
    • the game requires an 11.9 GB download
    • some online functionalities require a Nintendo Switch Online membership
    • there will be paid DLC which will add new missions, quests and costumes

Also, seems like several influencers and press in the US got to play the game today, so there'll likely be some previews going up soon.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Maz- wrote: »
    Download cards for the game are now available at Japanese retailers, and they confirm a couple (not too surprising) details:

Also, seems like several influencers and press in the US got to play the game today, so there'll likely be some previews going up soon.

Interesting, costumes... Curious what that entails. Never really seen that with Fire Emblem I don't think, but then not many have been able to feature DLC in the past. I wonder if this will be something akin to the Festival/Hotspring/etc DLCs they've done except you actually get to see the costumes on their models for once instead of a single piece of artwork.

Assuming they do a season pass type thing, I hope the price is a bit more reasonable than Echoes's pass. I had a hard time justifying the price of essentially a full game for a handful of extra maps and some overclasses (which honestly I've heard were pretty janky with taking away existing class spells and same-y looking across different characters unlike the normal classes that at least got palette swaps)... It didn't help I DID buy the pass for Fates and then ended up kind of hating that game and never playing any of it.....

Though all of that said, both Awakening and Fates had waaaaaaaay better DLC than Echoes which is a shame (at least based on me watching Let's Plays of the Echoes DLC).. I picked up a handful of Awakening DLC not too long ago that I initially skipped out on and had a friggin blast. It helps actually recognizing the characters and being able to appreciate their interactions with the Awakening cast... Having Cherche talk to Minerva was priceless :D Or Maribelle and Lachesis ruminating on being refined and proper :P (with Lachesis spending most of the time talking up Eldigan :P) Or maybe my favorite, Donnel trying to talk to Nephenee and her getting all shy and embarrassed because he reminds her of her country accent :D

Edit: Damn, now I'm wondering if Walhart and Alm had a dialog. I doubt it - the extra characters seemed to be kind of very bare bones.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Interesting, costumes... Curious what that entails. Never really seen that with Fire Emblem I don't think, but then not many have been able to feature DLC in the past. I wonder if this will be something akin to the Festival/Hotspring/etc DLCs they've done except you actually get to see the costumes on their models for once instead of a single piece of artwork.

Assuming they do a season pass type thing, I hope the price is a bit more reasonable than Echoes's pass. I had a hard time justifying the price of essentially a full game for a handful of extra maps and some overclasses (which honestly I've heard were pretty janky with taking away existing class spells and same-y looking across different characters unlike the normal classes that at least got palette swaps)... It didn't help I DID buy the pass for Fates and then ended up kind of hating that game and never playing any of it.....

Though all of that said, both Awakening and Fates had waaaaaaaay better DLC than Echoes which is a shame (at least based on me watching Let's Plays of the Echoes DLC).. I picked up a handful of Awakening DLC not too long ago that I initially skipped out on and had a friggin blast. It helps actually recognizing the characters and being able to appreciate their interactions with the Awakening cast... Having Cherche talk to Minerva was priceless :D Or Maribelle and Lachesis ruminating on being refined and proper :P (with Lachesis spending most of the time talking up Eldigan :P) Or maybe my favorite, Donnel trying to talk to Nephenee and her getting all shy and embarrassed because he reminds her of her country accent :D

Edit: Damn, now I'm wondering if Walhart and Alm had a dialog. I doubt it - the extra characters seemed to be kind of very bare bones.

DLC pricing has been kind of an issue for all three 3DS games. I really hope the Three Houses DLC will be a bit more affordable.

As for the quality of the DLC..I think all three games had their ups and downs. Future Past, Heirs of Fate and the extra characters in Echoes were great, but there were a lot of really subpar maps as well for all three games.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    I'll be honest, I was pretty happy with almost everything I played for Awakening. Even the shitty grind maps had tons of charm to them in the dialog. The ones that featured characters from older games, though a little same-y (they basically re-use the same map three times with different unit placement) were cool just for all the neat nostalgia stuff for past games, and like I said, seeing interactions between Awakening and other game characters (even if said characters looked kinda shitty with them trying to graft them into Awakening class models... Nephenee in bulky ass armor is just.. no..). There were a couple I didn't pick up (like the one with a bunch of Annas or something?) so maybe some of those were bad. But Awakening didn't have a season pass, only "sets" you could buy. So that was a shame. (I actually still need to play Future Past... I bought that one and didn't get around to it...)

Also I totally forgot about the Echoes Cipher DLC. That's about the only one I saw that seemed super worth it.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

Wonder what you're gonna need Nintendo Online for. As far as I know, the game has no multiplayer and I doubt they'll lock DLC behind Online.

As for the DLC... I'll probably end up picking up a few (or several) that interest me and leave the rest. As I did with Awakening and Fates and Echoes.

• Options

Wonder what you're gonna need Nintendo Online for. As far as I know, the game has no multiplayer and I doubt they'll lock DLC behind Online.

As for the DLC... I'll probably end up picking up a few (or several) that interest me and leave the rest. As I did with Awakening and Fates and Echoes.

There's an online option that lets you see what other players did on any given in-game day. That's probably what you need NSO for.

• Options
    Two previews I've found so far - seems to be the same demo that was available to press at E3, so not a ton of new stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMMIDf_u-V0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8d1TLVcbws

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    I've been poring over a lot of little details in various videos and print previews. From that, I'm pretty sure that the Black Eagles's initial Skill Levels will look like this:

wo9l5jgrx17l.jpg
    (Only one that I'm not sure of is Hubert's Bows, which might be an E+ (some of the math used to figure stuff out works out for both options in different scenarios, but I think the D one is more likely).

In Blue Lions, we know:
    • Dimitri: D+ Lances and Riding, D in Authority, and E+ Swords
    • Dedue: D+ Axes, D Armour, E+ Lances and Fighting
    And there is proof of:
    • Felix: D Swords, E+ Fighting, possibly something in Bows and the Movement Skills
    • Mercedes: D in Faith, E+ in Reason, possibly something in the Movement Skills
    • Ashe: D in Bows, E+ in Axes, possibly something in the Movement Skills
    • Annette: D in Reason, possibly E+ in Authority and/or Axes, possibly something in the Movement Skills
    • Sylvain: D in Lances, E+ in Axes, possibly something in the Movement Skills
    • Ingrid: D in Lances, E+ in Swords, likely something in the Movement Skills

In Golden Deer, we know very little. But can glean:
    • Claude: Likely D/D+ in Bows and Flying, E+ in Swords and Authority
    • Lorenz: D in Lances and E+ in Authority, possibly E+ in Reason and D in Riding
    • Hilda: D in Axes, E+ in Lances, possibly something in the Movement Skills
    • Raphael: D in Fighting, E+ in Axes, possibly something in Swords and the Movement Skills
    • Lysithea: Likely D in Reason, possibly something in everything else (no hints for this character)
    • Ignatz: D in Bows, E+ in Swords, possibly something in the Movement Skills
    • Marianne: D in Faith, possibly E+ in Authority, possibly something in Swords and the Movement Skills
    • Leonie: Likely D in Swords, E+ in Lances, possibly E+ in Bows and D in Riding or the other Movement Skills

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    Huh, I've been following the Black Eagles pretty closely since I'll be choosing them for my first playthrough, but I never knew that Edelgard started with D in Heavy Armor. She'd actually be a good candidate for a Knight since she's also good with axes, but I don't really want to make her one. I'm actually planning on poaching someone from another house for that role (though I don't know who yet). Same goes for a Pegasus Knight (likely Ingrid).

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    As is traditional for me, I will be making Byleth a Knight. Maybe a Horsey Knight though. I was pleasantly surprised by the effectiveness of Great Knight Corrin in Fates.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I just noticed that both the people I am stealing from Eagles for the Deer are Commoners.

My Deer group is just going to be sweeping up the commoners to be the rag tag group of commonfolk making the world better.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    You're still a Fire Emblem Protag. "Better" usually means killing the evil dragon, beyond that you're no better than Aperture Science.

My Hero Unit :whistle:
    We do what we must
    Because we can.
    For the good of all of us.
    Except the ones who are dead. :whistle:

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    If you're thinking about what you can do with Black Eagles, we also know a lot about their Strengths/Weaknesses/Hidden Talents:
    • Edelgard - Strengths: Swords, Axes, Authority, likely Armour; Weaknesses: Bows, Faith; Hidden Talent: Reason; Don't know: Riding.
    • Hubert - Strengths: Bows, Reason, Authority; Weaknesses: Axes, Faith, Flying; Hidden Talent: Lances; Don't know: none.
    • Ferdinand - Strengths: Swords, Lances, Axes, Riding; Weaknesses: None!; Hidden Talent: Armour; Don't know: none.
    • Linhadt - Strengths: Reason, Faith; Weaknesses: Axes, Fighting; Hidden Talent: none; Don't know: none
    • Caspar - Strengths: Axes, Fighting; Weaknesses: Possibly anything else; Hidden Talent: Possibly anything else; Don't know: everything else.
    • Bernadetta - Strengths: Lances, Bows, Armour; Weaknesses: Swords, Axes, Fighting; Hidden Talent: Possibly Riding, Flying, or none; Don't know: Riding, Flying.
    • Dorothea - Strengths: Swords, Reason; Weaknesses: Faith, Flying; Hidden Talent: Faith; Don't know: Armour, Riding.
    • Petra - Strengths: Swords, Axes, Bows, Flying; Weaknesses: Reason, Faith; Hidden Talent: Possibly Armour, Riding; Don't know: Armour, Riding.

(Byleth seems to start with Strengths and D's in Swords and Authority, plus Strengths and E+'s in two Skills of your choice. Not sure if you pick Weaknesses as well. Or a Hidden Talent, though footage has shown one in Faith.)

For every Skill Level gained, characters get Skill Abilities (you can equip 5 at a time). For "(Weapon): (n)+" ranks you get "(Weapon) Prowess (n)", which boosts your hit and avoid when using (Weapon). You also get other Abilities, like Swords: B will give you Axebreaker. The Movement Skills (being Armour, Riding, Flying) don't seem to give Prowesses, but do give other Abilities (we've seen one from Armour which reduces equipped weight by 3). Reason and Faith will provide the student with Prowesses at the n+'s, and are how characters get Spells (ie when Byleth gets a D in Reason, he learns Fire). Spells seem to have a fixed number of uses per map, rather than using Tomes and Staves.

These Abilities/Spells seem to be somewhat individual. For example, at Axes C+ Edelgard gets Monster Breaker, while Petra learns Helmsplitter and Caspar Wild Abandon. Magic wise, we know Dorothea learns Thunder early, while Annette at a B in Reason has all Wind Spells. Magic is also helped by the Class Abilities (every Class has 0-3 of these that are automatically equipped when in that Class, separate from a character's Personal (1) and Skill (0-5) Abilities). Mage gives Fire, while Dark Mage gives Miasma and Priest Heal. (If a character already knows a Spell, they'll gain additional uses of it). "Mastering" a class (likely from doing 100 combats in it) seems to be needed to get that class' third Class Ability.

Hidden Talents also grant special Abilities once unlocked (by training), and can even remove Weaknesses or change them to Strengths. For example, Dorothea will gain White Magic Avoid +20 from doing her Faith, while Hubert will get Ice Javelin from his Lances.

And a quick rundown on how to gain experience in Skill Levels:
    1. Use a Weapon or Gambit (for Authority) in battle. If you whack someone with a Sword, you get some experience into Swords' Skill Level.
    2. Tutor a student. Entering Instruct at the beginning of the week lets you select a student and give them experience into the Skill Levels of your choice (capped by their Motivation).
    3. Have one or two skills set as their Goals, and fight. Every time you exchange blows with an enemy, you get some experience into those Goals as well as whatever weapon you used. You can freely custom focus your students' Goals at the beginning of every week, or maintain their default focuses.
    4. Have one or two skills set as their Goals, and progress the week. Every week, your students get a bit of experience into their Goals. (I say one or two, as if you choose to only have one Goal then you get 50% more experience for it, but miss out on the 100% experience you could be getting in a second skill.)
    5. Two students a week can be given a Group Task, which will (slightly) raise one of their Movement skills as you progress the week.
    6. Use Seminars, where teachers will grant experience to every student who's Goals are focused in one of the subjects they teach. (For example, say you do a Seminar tought by Hanneman. Hanneman teaches Reason and Bows. All the students who are focused on Reason or Bows will attend, and gain experience in both. The following Black Eagles would likely attended: Hubert (Reason && Authority), Lindhardt (Reason && Faith), Bernadetta (Lances && Bows), Dorothea (Swords && Reason). All would gain experience into both Reason and Bows.)
    7. Do events around the Monastery. For example, students doing Choir Practise will get experience into their Faith skill.
    8. If the character is in a Class that has proficiency with certain skills, those skills gain extra experience. [We think. For example, Heroes are proficient in Swords and Axes, so you will get more Axe experience than Bow experience as a Hero, despite doing the same action.]
    9. If a character has a Strength or Weakness, then they get small increases and decreases in how much experience everything above provides.

Classes

And for Classes, we know the first two tiers and bits of the third. (Fourth is only hinted at.) First Tier requires the student to be level 5 and use a Beginner Seal, Second Tier level 10 and Intermediate Seal, and Third Tier level 20 and Advanced Seal. Format of Class name (proficiencies) - exam 100% pass guarantees [restrictions]:
      • Myrmidon (Swords) - D in Swords
      • Soldier (Lances) - D in Lances
      • Fighter (Axes, Bows, Fighting) - D in Axes || D in Bows || D in Fighting
      • Monk (Reason, Faith) - D in Reason || D in Faith [Can wield magic]
      • Lord (Swords, Lances, Authority) - D+ in Swords && C in Authority [Lords Only]
      • Mercencary (Swords, Axes) - C in Swords
      • Thief (Swords, Bows) - C in Swords
      • Armour Knight (Lances, Axes, Armour) - C in Axes && D in Armour
      • Cavalier (Swords, Lances, Riding) - C in Lances && D in Riding
      • Brigand (Axes, Fighting) - C in Axes
      • Archer (Swords, Bows) - C in Bows
      • Brawler (Axes, Fighting) - C in Fighting [Male Only]
      • Mage (Reason, Faith) - C in Reason [Can wield magic]
      • Dark Mage (Reason, Faith) - C in Reason [Male Only; can wield magic]
      • Priest (Reason, Faith) - C in Faith [Can wield magic]
      • Pegasus Knight (Swords, Lances, Flying) - C in Lances && D in Flying [Female Only; cannot wield Fighting]
      • Hero (Swords, Axes) - [Male Only]
      • Swordmaster ( ) -
      • Assassin ( ) -
      • Fortress (Lances, Axes, Armour) -
      • Paladin (Swords, Lances, Riding) -
      • Warrior ( ) -
      • Sniper ( ) -
      • Grappler ( ) - [Male Only]
      • Warlock (Reason, Faith) - [Can wield magic]
      • Bishop (Reason, Faith) - [Can wield magic]
      • Wyvern Rider ( ) -

So with all that, you can kind of get an idea for how you'll want to progress your characters. Like was said, Edelgard's starting D in Armour means that she can shift effortlessly into Armour Knight once she reaches level 10 (if you didn't neglect her Axes). And it can be good to have characters take multiple exams, as once you pass one you can freely switch in and out of that class. Meanwhile, if you want to make her a Lord, you might want to custom focus her Goals to Swords and Authority for a bit, while if you aim on making her a Wyvern Rider down the line (like I kind of want to) you'll be wanting to set her to the Group Task for Flying, as well as focus one of her Goals on it. (And even then, Wyvern Rider will probably require B in Lances && C in Flying, so if her Lances are only an E you might burn a couple Seals trying to pass the exam.) Edelgard also has that Hidden Talent in Reason to pursue, so you might want to put some experience into it (even if she won't get to use magic in many classes).

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    You're still a Fire Emblem Protag. "Better" usually means killing the evil dragon, beyond that you're no better than Aperture Science.

My Hero Unit :whistle:
    We do what we must
    Because we can.
    For the good of all of us.
    Except the ones who are dead. :whistle:

I'm scoring points for the non nobles!

Putting more power into the commonfolk!

Down with the kings and queens!

• Options
    Two previews I've found so far - seems to be the same demo that was available to press at E3, so not a ton of new stuff:

Yeah I was disappointed by that. Roger even asked a couple things I was curious about and they were like "Well you'll have to wait and see!"

• Options
    On the one hand, I can't exactly blame Nintendo for wanting to keep a lid on some things.

On the other hand, I am terribly hyped and I want all the information right now!!!

• Options
    edited June 2019
    I just wanna know what the god damn amiibos do!

(also a shame no Three Houses amiibos now that I think of it)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    I was really hoping we'd get Edelgard/Dimitri/Claude amiibo, at least. (I don't have too many, but Alm and Celica are pretty great sculpts.)

Sadly, it doesn't look like we will.

• Options

Also, they revealed another type of online functionality. If you're connected to the internet while playing and have an active Nintendo Switch Online subscriptions, "transfer students" will show up in your academy. These are characters from other players. You can buy items from them and have them train you, among other things.

• Options

Also, they revealed another type of online functionality. If you're connected to the internet while playing and have an active Nintendo Switch Online subscriptions, "transfer students" will show up in your academy. These are characters from other players. You can buy items from them and have them train you, among other things.

I wonder how robust that's gonna be. Like is it only buying items, or can you recruit other players' Byleths like in Awakening/Fates?

• Options
    And here's another Fire Emblem staple: The Mysterious Masked Man Who's Definitely Not Related To Any Of Your Characters Why Would You Think That™

• Options
    And here's another Fire Emblem staple: The Mysterious Masked Man Who's Definitely Not Related To Any Of Your Characters Why Would You Think That™

I'm not sure there have been enough characters like that in Fire Emblem to consider it a staple. Yeah, there's Conrad, Lucina, and Bertram, but I'm not sure three characters is enough to make it a staple. Maybe the Black Knight if you want to stretch the definitions of 'masked' and 'related'. Gerome wears a mask, but the fact he's Cherche's son is never a mystery or anything.

Although now that there's four, maybe it's on the way to becoming a staple?

• Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    I'm up to the Nuibaba fight in Echoes. . . what the hell am I supposed to do here? An attack that flat out reduces HP to one? Dread Fighters that neuter my mages? Terrain that makes my Paladins and armored units effectively useless? And worst of all, multiple enemy units with AOE healing spells? I'm starting to see why people say this has the worst designed maps in the series. I'm trying to rack my brain thinking of counter strategies, but I wind up having very limited options.

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    For that map and a lot of other late ones, I kinda cheesed it with 3 specific abilities. Requires two clerics, including Faye. I forget the other cleric's name! She would Warp Alm next to the boss or other threat, Alm would use his incredibly broken Double Lion to kill it, then I'd Rescue him back with Faye.

The endless enemies can make maps really suck. Not to mention some of the spells they have.

• Options
    Any map in Shadows of Valentia can be beat by Warping Alm with a Killer Bow.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    We're now officially in the release month of Three Houses! Crazy how close it is. Luckily this month should go by pretty quickly for my since I'll go on vacation next week and I still have plenty of other games to finish.

Also, here's some cute new artwork of Edelgard, Ingrid and Lysithea. The game will be shown off at Japan Expo this weekend.

Maz- on
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    They Putting out video for a quick overview of each leader and their house on the Nintendo twitter:

One per week it seems.

These I will actually watch. Just short enough to give you a taste without feeling spoilery.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    Hubert suddenly seems a lot more likeable. Because I like irony, too.

Well, some forms of irony, anyway.

• Options
    That was also the first time I heard Petra speak.

I am quite looking forward to getting to her.

• Options
    Dislikes: Politics

it me

• Options
    edited July 2019
    A whole big whack of Japanese trailers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPHL8hcdDlE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpQh321AtZo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqS2IEj5rEM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo_MF3F14tU

Plus a Japanese overview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZqLpzlaiyo

Edit: and the Japanese website has updated it's Classes page, giving a look at many we hadn't seen before. For those wondering about the names:

Beginner Level
    Myrmidon // Soldier // Fighter // Monk

Intermediate Level
    Lord (lords only) // Mercenary // Thief // Armoured Knight
    Cavalier // Brigand // Archer // Brawler (male only)
    Mage // Dark Mage (male only) // Priest // Pegasus Knight (female only)

Advanced Level
    Hero (male only) // Swordmaster // Assassin // Fortress
    Paladin // Wyvern Rider // Warrior // Sniper
    Grappler (male only) // Warlock // Dark Bishop (male only) // Bishop

(There are hints at a fourth tier, but we haven't seen anything from it yet.)

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Why so many male exclusive classes? Is it so hard to even them out?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Especially Hero being male only makes no sense to me. Hero used to be the promotions of Mercenary, and Mercenaries are open to both genders. I understand that promotion doesn't work quite the same way in Three Houses, but still, that connection is still kind of there.

Dark Mage and Dark Bishop make no sense, because since when is magic gender-locked?

Which leaves us with the fact that Pegasus Knight has no promotion. Although I suppose it could be argued that Wyvern Rider is kind of soft-locked because men won't have much reason to train their Flying skill because they won't be able to use it for quite a while, whereas women can make use of it right away.

Still... weird.

• Options
    Also, the game's DLC has been detailed:

https://serenesforest.net/2019/07/03/three-houses-downloadable-pre-purchase-now-available-dlc-season-pass-confirmed-jp-bundled-cipher-promotion-card/#more-54726

Way lower priced than previous DLC, which is good. However, I don't think I'll be getting the season pass right away..the really interesting stuff will seemingly only start getting added with wave 3, and by then I'll probably have finished my three playthroughs already.

• Options
    edited July 2019

Especially Hero being male only makes no sense to me. Hero used to be the promotions of Mercenary, and Mercenaries are open to both genders. I understand that promotion doesn't work quite the same way in Three Houses, but still, that connection is still kind of there.

Dark Mage and Dark Bishop make no sense, because since when is magic gender-locked?

Which leaves us with the fact that Pegasus Knight has no promotion. Although I suppose it could be argued that Wyvern Rider is kind of soft-locked because men won't have much reason to train their Flying skill because they won't be able to use it for quite a while, whereas women can make use of it right away.

Still... weird.

Yeah, Heroes are my favourite class (going back to Shadow Dragon, where Barst was my all-star). And here, Petra is one of my favourite designs and focused on Swords and Axes. I had already made the mental note designating her my Black Eagles' Hero. Super disappointed about the male lock. I suppose I'll focus her Goals on a mix of Axes/Bows/Flying and go Fighter -> Brigand -> Wyvern Rider. (Silver lining: Caspar can now take the Hero role. I like him too, and he is all about justice... Unless they reveal he has a weakness in Swords...)

The Dark Mage/Bishop I would have speculated on originally being an opponent-only class that they decided to make playable in limited amounts (you need a special Dark Seal to take the exam for Dark Mage, and you must have Mastered that class in order to take the Dark Bishop exam). But the Hero? Bizarre.

As for Pegasus Knight promotion, we've seen that the class list has a scroll bar with enough space for one more level. And that Japanese overview says "Over 30 classes!" when we've been shown exactly 30. So... there are good chances that there's another level yet to be revealed. I'd guess maybe:

Vanguard (male only) // Trueblade // Dread Fighter // Baron
    Gold Knight // Wyvern Lord // Berserker // Grappler++ (male only)
    Dark Knight // Falcon Knight (female only) // Archsage // Saint (female only)

Though if there were that many, they'd have probably said "over 40 classes!". And things like Fortress don't really require a next level - you already need B's in Axes and Armour. Or Swords A for Swordmaster. So maybe it'd just be for odder, over-the-top combinations:
    Dread Fighter (Swords A, Bows B, Reason B)
    Dark Knight (Lances A, Reason B, Riding B)
    Falcon Knight (Lances A, Faith B, Flying B)
    Malig Knight (Axes A, Reason B, Flying B)
    Archsage (Reason A, Faith A)

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Also, the game's DLC has been detailed:

https://serenesforest.net/2019/07/03/three-houses-downloadable-pre-purchase-now-available-dlc-season-pass-confirmed-jp-bundled-cipher-promotion-card/#more-54726

Way lower priced than previous DLC, which is good. However, I don't think I'll be getting the season pass right away..the really interesting stuff will seemingly only start getting added with wave 3, and by then I'll probably have finished my three playthroughs already.

That's some real Fenrir-eating-the-celestial-object symbolism there.

Now, with 25 bucks for the whole thing, I don't expect an entirely new campaign, so I can't help but wonder if that giant wolf is related to the main campaign somehow and will get fleshed out a bit more in the side campaign. Both Awakening and Fates did something kind of similar with Awakening getting a DLC mini-campaign set in the Bad Future and Fates getting a few maps to delve into the backstory Anankos.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Latest twitter bio (I haven't been posting them, but they have been continuing if anyone wants to go look them up).

Shamir Nevrant

"On that, being a Knight of Seiros is good. You can beat up arrogant nobles without problem."

A master of the bow serving as a Knight of Seiros. She was once a mercenary, but joined the Knights to repay Rhea for past debts. She is not a believer of the Church of Seiros despite being a knight, which is a rarity, and she only pledges her loyalty to Rhea for now.

"You loiter around the Monastery almost every day. If you're trying to find something, do a better job of it."

1) I've been thinking about our enemies' goals
    2) I'm not looking for anything <<

"We'll leave it at that then. Well, it's none of my business. My job is to kill anyone that approaches."

(Translations taken from twitter comments.)

//

There was also a French presentation. Mostly the King of Beasts map that's been used for demos before, but there was some new info, and some concept art for the lords:
    020.jpg
    021.jpg
    Dimitri is basically unchanged, but Edelgard and Claude look a bit more like their post-skip designs.

The big other point was that using the Amiibo Gazebo will grant you items, but Fire Emblem characters will unlock music from past games that you can set to play in free battles.

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    The big other point was that using the Amiibo Gazebo will grant you items, but Fire Emblem characters will unlock music from past games that you can set to play in free battles.

Well, I've got the Lucina one, but now I suddenly need Ike.

Also, there should be a Lyn amiibo. Just in general.

• Options
    edited July 2019

Still... weird.

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of that. I mean, maybe it's just cuz I played it recently but I think Hero and I tend to think of Echidna from FE6 who is decidedly not male :P

At the very least though, it's weird there isn't an even distribution of gender exclusive classes.

Oooo... Though... The amiibo are missing a couple games :/ I don't think we have anything for FE7 or 8... Maybe Roy can just randomly unlock FE7 music too? *shrug* Also nothing for FE4 and 5. FE3 is like... I guess they could just use Marth or Tiki...

That said, if Twilight of the Gods is not an option after scanning in Alm or Celica I will stab someone...

Edit: Also, decent price for the DLC. I will get the season pass. I tried to buy it yesterday but it wasn't on sale yet, which is a bummer. Only way to buy that I saw was the game+dlc bundle which, I have the game ordered already... I don't need that :P

Warlock82 on
This discussion has been closed.