As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Here's Leonie, Felix and Raphael (some story text on the screen in history, not sure if spoilers I haven't read it so probably avert your gaze from that part to be safe)

https://i.redd.it/hilemnh7sub31.png

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Someone better post an image of the adult other two houses so I can decide.

As far as I know, there's only one person leaking all this stuff and they picked Black Eagles. So you might have to wait a while for the other two.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    The thing I like the best about the 3rd person view is it let's you better see the scale of what a single square actually is which is super cool.

• Options
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I am happy we're starting with college aged and older characters and then ending with a full adult party.

It is war after all.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Also just realizing that the above image means that the leaker stole 3 characters so it may not actually be that crazy to be stealing that many and as long as you plan might be reasonable after all.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Is it Friday yet? :rotate:

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Wait, FE drops this Friday? Shit, better get down hard to finish up Bloodstained.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Also just realizing that the above image means that the leaker stole 3 characters so it may not actually be that crazy to be stealing that many and as long as you plan might be reasonable after all.

You'll probably end up getting some by accident, almost, just by some units asking for high Swords and Authority. Like Dorothea (Cha and Authority), Ignatz (Dex and Authority), and Felix (??? and Swords).

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Wait, FE drops this Friday? Shit, better get down hard to finish up Bloodstained.

Ah boo. I had it in my head it was tomorrow for some reason.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options

Crap, I should do this too. I've been so distracted I have barely had time to touch the game. But I wanna go ham on Fire Emblem when it hits which means rip Bloodstained for awhile if it's not beat.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options

You'll probably end up getting some by accident, almost, just by some units asking for high Swords and Authority. Like Dorothea (Cha and Authority), Ignatz (Dex and Authority), and Felix (??? and Swords).

Yea there was just the idea floating around that it was going to be harder than expected because one reviewer said they never had enough stats to recruit even a single student when they hit the end of that part. They weren't going out of their way to try and recruit anyone, but were just saying that if you planned on it you should definitely make a plan and put in specific focus to make it happen.

• Options

Yea there was just the idea floating around that it was going to be harder than expected because one reviewer said they never had enough stats to recruit even a single student when they hit the end of that part. They weren't going out of their way to try and recruit anyone, but were just saying that if you planned on it you should definitely make a plan and put in specific focus to make it happen.

Well, I have a plan. Kind of. Almost.

Unfortunately, one of the students I want to recruit wants Strength, the other Magic. Which... most of the time those stats are kind of mutually exclusive.

Still, one wants Lances, the other Riding, so Stage 1 of my plan is spend some time as a Cavalier while I figure out how to game the Strength/Magic thing for Stage 2.

• Options
    edited July 2019

Well, I have a plan. Kind of. Almost.

Unfortunately, one of the students I want to recruit wants Strength, the other Magic. Which... most of the time those stats are kind of mutually exclusive.

Still, one wants Lances, the other Riding, so Stage 1 of my plan is spend some time as a Cavalier while I figure out how to game the Strength/Magic thing for Stage 2.

Yea the ones I want are:

Charm+Authority
    Riding+Dex
    Reason+Charm

And my MC is going to be a physical damage dealing sword user who will not be riding any horses and will be solo without a battalion.

So it's going to be interested.

The first two are the ones I will 100% get no matter what and will gladly switch to a mounted class with a battalion and just spend time in the grinding map until I have what I need before swapping back to play the way I want.

The third one if it seems too hard to get that as well when I actually see it all in action I don't mind missing out on, I have a back-up team comp without them.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Going on a family vacation to a place without internet all last week was a great way to make waiting easier.

But now that I'm back...
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Is it Friday yet? :rotate:

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to need some guides after it comes out, as I have no idea what folks are talking about with recruiting students, requirements, etc.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Past Me Playing FE:A: "Gosh this game is so strategic. . .but it's strange that I get random positioning for my characters."
    Current Me Playing FE:A After 12HOURS: ". . .why am I able to select my unit at the start of batt - oh damnit!"

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    ED! wrote: »
    Past Me Playing FE:A: "Gosh this game is so strategic. . .but it's strange that I get random positioning for my characters."
    Current Me Playing FE:A After 12HOURS: ". . .why am I able to select my unit at the start of batt - oh damnit!"

This was me playing Fire Emblem Warriors. I was seriously like 3/4 of the way through the campaign before I realized it actually let you swap in preps. It's super un-intuitive how to do it in that game. Was annoying cuz I couldn't figure out why it kept making me take the same characters every map even when I would meet new ones :P (I still gotta beat that sometime.. I got to the last mission of the campaign and stopped -_- Never even touched History mode or whatever they called Adventure Mode)

(I still feel like I'm missing shit in that game though... characters feel waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more limited than in Hyrule Warriors in terms of combos and such... I suspect I'm doing something wrong)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular

I thought Wolfenstein was this week and FE next.

Well shit. There goes this weekend.

Petition that the thread title be changed to NO SLEEP.....TILL FODLAN!!

• Options
    The full game files for Three Houses have leaked now, so definitely beware random spoilers. I'm trying to skirt them and get useful info (like finishing the Recruitment Demands list, and hopefully some of the individual classes).

On classes for Byleth and the lords (if you want to plan a bit of how to train them):
    Byleth has a class called Enlightened One. It is proficient in Swords, Brawling, Faith, and Authority. It can wield magic. It seems there are no exam requirements - you automatically have access to it post skip.

Edelgard has a Advanced Tier called Armoured Lord and a Master Tier called Empress.

Dimitri has a High Lord class at Advanced Tier, and apparently Great Lord at Master.

Claude has Barbarossa at Master (mounted on a Wyvern) and maybe "Wyvern Master" at Advanced.

• Options
    With the Internet crawling with spoilers, I guess I'll just restrict myself to the voice actor's tweets.

• Options
    Post time-skip student portraits.

Black Eagles
    o7fjb3plj3aw.jpg

Blue Lions
    2ylcddbkovar.jpg

Golden Deer
    g75xiinqfmxm.jpg

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I've seen some spoilers. Some hardcore spoilers. Whooops.

On the other hand, I'm more excited for this game and the various routes. This game isn't pulling it's punches.

• Options
    Also confirmed that there's four routes. But the fourth route is just another route choice and none of them are 'true' or anything.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular

This was me playing Fire Emblem Warriors. I was seriously like 3/4 of the way through the campaign before I realized it actually let you swap in preps. It's super un-intuitive how to do it in that game. Was annoying cuz I couldn't figure out why it kept making me take the same characters every map even when I would meet new ones :P (I still gotta beat that sometime.. I got to the last mission of the campaign and stopped -_- Never even touched History mode or whatever they called Adventure Mode)

(I still feel like I'm missing shit in that game though... characters feel waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more limited than in Hyrule Warriors in terms of combos and such... I suspect I'm doing something wrong)

I honestly was in Valkyrie Chronicles mode thinking there would be a huge flashing sign saying: "Where do you want to place your units!" Was literally sitting here thinking "why the hell is there random unit placement in this insanely strategy-movement game?"

I also should have read a review or something (or hell the manual) before starting: I sold like three Master Seals before realizing what they actually did (to my credit my units were at like level 4 and level 10 was like some far off land of milk and honey I might get to someday). Got one on the Novi map after grinding for about 3 hours. Whoops.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    Seeing adult Ignatz makes me lean harder towards my secondary team plan. Instead of trying to get sylvain for paladin duties and Shamir for thieving duties, go for Leonie and Ignatz respectively.

Having that little nerd boy turn into my assassin just tickles me. And I really like Leonie's TS self.

So now it just comes down to seeing which sets of personalities I like better between those few. The rest of my team is a total lock for sure though.

• Options
    I'm gonna have to search for the full list of Bi chacacters.

There's rumors that Dorothea can end up with more women romantically (in epilogues) than female Byleth. Damn Spoony Bards.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    This was cracking me up last night
    https://youtu.be/4awglsRYBw4
    I also should have read a review or something (or hell the manual) before starting: I sold like three Master Seals before realizing what they actually did (to my credit my units were at like level 4 and level 10 was like some far off land of milk and honey I might get to someday). Got one on the Novi map after grinding for about 3 hours. Whoops.

Don't worry, you can just outright buy Master Seals later. Awakening is super forgiving for that kind of stuff thankfully.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    after looking at those portraits, am... am i team golden deer now?

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    after looking at those portraits, am... am i team golden deer now?

ONE OF US!

ONE OF US!

• Options
    edited July 2019
    I'm probably gonna go Blue Lions > Golden Deer > Black Eagles or 4th Route, then the other.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    I'm doing Black Eagles > Golden Deer > Blue Lions, unless the story persuades me to swap the last two.

• Options
    I'm doing Black Eagles > Golden Deer > Blue Lions, unless the story persuades me to swap the last two.

Just general path stuff but no specific story info
    Supposedly Lions and Eagles spoiler each other more directly.

And also lookit at you all with your plans to actually play through the game that many times.

Deer and only Deer over here.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I'm not reading spoilers so I'm going to just assume that fourth route is "I'm gonna start my own house, with blackjack and hookers."

• Options
    I'm probably gonna go Blue Lions > Golden Deer > Black Eagles or 4th Route, then the other.

I think everyone should know this going in, but I'll spoiler it. About the 4th route:
    What happens is that Black Eagles route splits in two at the time skip.

So you might want to spread out the Black Eagles playthroughs.

• Options
    Without knowing much outside of some general story ideas thoughts on what the 4th route means from someone who will never play it
    Since it's only for Eagles and I believe they have some relation to the church and dealings with the church are probably a big story thing I imagine the 4th path is related to this. So if anything the 4th path is probably more of a
    bad path (following the church) than any sort of better choice or something like that.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

I’m probably gonna go Blue Lions > damn this game is long > wait, there’s more to do?! > never finish > Black Eagles six months later > never finish

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular

I’m probably gonna go Blue Lions > damn this game is long > wait, there’s more to do?! > never finish > Black Eagles six months later > never finish
    You can take it further

Decide to watch a let's play of it while at work > Not listen to half of it > Feel gratified anyways

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I'll most likely end up doing every route at some point. Probably. Maybe not the fourth route, perhaps.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I think I'm going eagles first, then maybe deer? Not sure.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
This discussion has been closed.