As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

BYOC Registration East 2018

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
The one, the only, Bring Your Own Computer for PAX East 2018!

Want to be part of a rad PAX Lan Party? This is how you do that! BYOC is a dedicated LAN Party area in the PC section of PAX for you to bring your cool rig or your travel machine or just your gaming laptop and hang out and game with other attendees! The BYOC badge does not grant you entry to PAX itself, you need both BYOC and PAX general admission badges in order to participate!

Register here:
https://www.showclix.com/event/paxeast17byocbringyourowncomputer13579

yes the link text says east17byoc but it is for 2018!

• Options
    jkurucarjkurucar Registered User regular
    Thanks! BYOC is one of the most under rated things about PAX. :)

• Options
    thorkonthorkon Registered User regular
    Still having the Case Mod table?

• Options
    thorkon wrote: »
    I don't know for sure, but I would expect it's extremely likely

• Options
    DrogithDrogith She who runneth the BYOC Pittsfield, NHRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    thorkon wrote: »
    I don't know for sure, but I would expect it's extremely likely

I need to start checking these forums more often... No official word from the folks that judge the PC mods, but as Zerzhul stated, it is extremely likely.

yx1i87m92tky.png

• Options
    mayapplemayapple TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Do we have a place to start group seating requests yet? They normally start rolling out about this time.

e6txb8m8cavf.png

• Options
    mayapplemayapple TennesseeRegistered User regular
    So I had two friends who didn’t buy their Byoc passes like they were supposed to. If anyone changed their mind or isn’t going, let me know please and thank you.

e6txb8m8cavf.png

• Options
    unfortunately we do not permit buy/sell/exchange of any passes via the forums. It's possible that if you email pax_questions@paxsite.com they might be selling at the registration booth? They might not, but it's worth finding out!

• Options
    TumbleDryLoTumbleDryLo Registered User new member
    I didn't purchase a BYOC badge as I thought I read somewhere that if you have a laptop, you DO NOT need to purchase one.
    Is this statement correct?

• Options
    macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    You need a BYOC badge to get into BYOC area. The badge is your reservation for desk space, power, network ports. They don't let people in who don't have a badge. If you bring hardware in and leave it it's tied to the badge number.

You can bring a laptop or tablet into PAX w/o a BYOC badge, but it can't go into BYOC area. You can try to find a beanbag in handheld lounge.

• Options
    It's time to shift your attention to the BYOC thread made by the lovely Drogith! Drogith will be handling things between now and PAX!
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/218723/pax-east-2018-byoc-mega-thread#latest

This discussion has been closed.