As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Get ready to raid some tombs! Tomb Raider collab incoming!

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    EDIT: I'm seeing things in my news ticker in the game that I have no idea about. Things like X cleared Another Threat, and Soandso cleared Protecting the Dragon Village. Where is this stuff? I don't see any events with these names.

Names of the individual level for stages of the latest Story Event. Another Threat is the last story cutscene level of the second last Stage (the first 90 NRG stage), and Protecting the Dragon Village is the last story cutscene level of the last Stage (the second 90 NRG stage). So it's them clearing the 90 NRG stages.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Welp, I now know that Active Provoke doesn't additively stack with party-size-based hit chance. I took a Fryevia with Golem's Provoke and Ace with me to Earth Shrine (which you can access using Chamber of Recollections, to save me that 1 energy). Ace used his MP recovery and Fryevia uses Provoke. Repeat using macro.

I'm already seeing that Ace is getting hit. He shouldn't be, according to the theory I read on reddit. Provoke is 70% chance to get hit. Being in a 2-man party gives Fryevia 50% to get hit. If the percentages stacked additively, she should have a 120% chance to get hit.

But nope.

I'm guessing it stacks multiplicatively. I'll need to replace Fryevia with a unit without evade and run the test again, this time keeping track of damage to see the percentage Fryevia is getting hit. If it's multiplicatively, the provoke unit should be getting hit 85% of the time.

[edit] I'll also need to check if passive provoke works differently. Probably not. I guess this teaches me not to blindly trust reddit.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Provoke stacks additively with other "Increase Chance of being targetted" passives, such as on that shield we got, or native passives.

Characters
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Yeah, not talking about that.

Put 2 units in a party and both units have 50% chance to get hit.

If one of them uses provoke (70% chance to get hit), it turns out that said unit actually has 85% chance to get hit, according to the test I just ran. Well, actually, it's 85.3%, but that .3% falls within the margin of error. If I keep the test running long enough, it'll probably get closer to 85%.

Which means that party-size-based hit chance stacks multiplicatively with Golem's Provoke.

[edit] Okay, new test. I'm equipping Firion with Pink Striped Float, giving him 15% passive provoke. He's on a 2-unit party, so he should be getting hit 57.5% of the time if Passive Provoke (as opposed to Active Provoke) stacks multiplicatively like Active Provoke does.

Then I need to run a test combining Active and Passive provoke.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    This thread had a bunch of people running tests which suggest multiplicative with normal attack chance.

This also has to keep in mind that position of the unit matters when multiple units have provoke.

Characters
  • Options
    That's the thread that told me that Golem's Provoke stacks additively with normal attack chance. A number of replies had conflicting information.

I'll do my own tests, thank you very much.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I have a 50% moogle accumulated and no idea what TMR to go for next. Maybe I should find something for my mages. I was originally working on a Silvia and an Ingus for Ashe, but Zyrus's rod also seems pretty good. Or Ashe's own ring.

Or just keep working 9S for the pod. I dunno.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    I don't know if I'd necessarily burn Moogles on any of those, though if you don't have a source of physical damage mitigation Pod's nice on a support unit.

Characters
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    The pod is nice to get some mitigation up on turn one. That helped me get through Ultros this time around. Zyrus' rod is nice for mages including Ashe since she only needs a sword in one hand to get that bonus.

In related news, Ultros down! Rikku's reraise was useless since I didn't realize acid rain seems to strip that off, but her Mega Phoenix was clutch. At one point Fohlen, Wilhelm, and Ashe were all down, and Rikku being able to get them all up was all that saved the run.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Also I should give a big shout out to @Rius for your Noctis. His attack break and Pod together saved the run. Then Rikku could get everyone back up while Marie dropped elemental resists and Noctis brought the mitigation. Seriously, I went in a little messy, but I made it.

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I keep trying Bloody Moon and getting to like 13% and the wheels fall off. I need to figure out what's going wrong there as my two Trance Terras with around 1100 magic should make this stupidly easy.

• Options
    There shouldn't be anything different going on unless you're getting super unlucky on what its 20% threshold is.

Characters
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Also I should give a big shout out to @Rius for your Noctis. His attack break and Pod together saved the run. Then Rikku could get everyone back up while Marie dropped elemental resists and Noctis brought the mitigation. Seriously, I went in a little messy, but I made it.

Glad to hear it! I threw the Pod on him for the Mog King event but he's the perfect sort of character for it anyway.

• Options
    Someone had a Bloody Moon clear using Cagnazzo, Rikku, Soleil, Tilith, Trance Terra, & Barbaraccia, so I think I'm going to give this a go since it's a lot more tolerable than Ashe.

Characters
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Cagnazzo seems like the perfect kind of tank for Bloody Moon, since besides thresholds everything else should be ST. And if you can cover other roles all he has to be is a big dumb damage sponge.

• Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    I don't know if I'd necessarily burn Moogles on any of those, though if you don't have a source of physical damage mitigation Pod's nice on a support unit.

Keep in mind, Moogles are literally the only way I get TMRs. I don't have farm macros set up. It's not "burning moogles" as opposed to something else. It's "which TMR do I go for next".

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    Cagnazzo seems like the perfect kind of tank for Bloody Moon, since besides thresholds everything else should be ST. And if you can cover other roles all he has to be is a big dumb damage sponge.

WoL is doing fine unless Bloody Moon Comet Moons 3+ times in a single turn. The Moon is a jerk.

Characters
  • Options
    5 Comet Moons in a single turn is the new record out of 12 possible attacks at 15% per Comet Moon.

Characters
  • Options
    5 Comet Moons in a single turn is the new record out of 12 possible attacks at 15% per Comet Moon.

I know that pain. I think 6 was my record, and it took a little bit of time to stabilize after that.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

Keep in mind, Moogles are literally the only way I get TMRs. I don't have farm macros set up. It's not "burning moogles" as opposed to something else. It's "which TMR do I go for next".

Try to focus on one side first, either physical or magic. You want to be able to start doing early trials as the have TMR like rewards.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Oh.

Moon Phases deal damage in Phase 2.

Characters
  • Options
    So uh...

...How do I get Trance Terra to deal single target damage? Asking for a friend.

Characters
  • Options
    So uh...

She has Holy. You...r friend can try that. But...it does very little damage unless against dark apostles.

• Options
    r1CfstV.jpg

Support Barb is real. 3000-3500 hp/turn, which beats Marie by a full thousand hp/turn. Also plenty mana each turn that No Items was doable. And then on free turns contributed some damage, as well as chaining (imperfectly but well enough) with a Friend Trance Terra to kill the boss off at the end.

Everyone except Rikku had to be kitted out for 400+ SPR though, fuck that hurts. Phase 2 transition was the hardest part of the fight, since he wipes the buffs off 4 people through the aoe death and can kill off several and I never recover. This time, I got through a turn after that with everyone alive and that was all that was needed.

Also I may have triggered a counter-attack once because I forgot Blizzara is black magic. I'm smart me.

Characters
  • Options
    So uh...

She doesn’t really. I had to attack with Chaos Wave but not chaining to whittle the apostles down without killing the moon.

Now i have crazy day i can equip to help, though its not really that great as it’s only 1 hit.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Trajan45 wrote: »

Try to focus on one side first, either physical or magic. You want to be able to start doing early trials as the have TMR like rewards.

What counts as Early trials? I have taken down Intangir, Menace, Antenolla, 2-headed dragon, and through blatant cheating Gilgamesh. Not super sure I can take dark espers.

For physical, Onion Knight is at about 820 ATK or so IIRC, which is not a lot by you guys' metrics I'm aware, but my best mage is at like 450 mag, so rather a difference. But I dunno what would be a good investment for physical. OK is already holding his Onion Sword, and a Genji blade on his offhand. For equipment I have him in Onion Helm and Onion armor, then Loren's insignia because I don't have any MP heals so I need the regen something fierce, and a ring from the trophy recipes for a +10% atk.

I do have a Chizuru, so I could work on her I guess for Katana Mastery? She's at 0% though.

Drascin on
  • Options
    Who is your best mage and what equipment do they have?

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular

What counts as Early trials? I have taken down Intangir, Menace, Antenolla, 2-headed dragon, and through blatant cheating Gilgamesh. Not super sure I can take dark espers.

For physical, Onion Knight is at about 820 ATK or so IIRC, which is not a lot by you guys' metrics I'm aware, but my best mage is at like 450 mag, so rather a difference. But I dunno what would be a good investment for physical. OK is already holding his Onion Sword, and a Genji blade on his offhand. For equipment I have him in Onion Helm and Onion armor, then Loren's insignia because I don't have any MP heals so I need the regen something fierce, and a ring from the trophy recipes for a +10% atk.

I do have a Chizuru, so I could work on her I guess for Katana Mastery? She's at 0% though.

You have Orlandeau, right? Two Orlandeau with light weapons and pretty high ATK (850+) and killers can get through Dark Espers in 2 turns. You won't get the esper evoke mission but you can get the rest.

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Beasts_of_the_Dark#Cheese_Strategy

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    If I remember the problem is Drascin would need dual-wield and excalibur. I wonder if Onion Knight with excalibur and a friend OK with excalibur would be able to cheese them as well? You'd probably need a source of light imperil though.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    tsmvengy wrote: »

You have Orlandeau, right? Two Orlandeau with light weapons and pretty high ATK (850+) and killers can get through Dark Espers in 2 turns. You won't get the esper evoke mission but you can get the rest.

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Beasts_of_the_Dark#Cheese_Strategy

if you have a xon, you can destroy that mission with essentially any chainers

• Options
    I switched out Ashe for Ace now that I got the rod mastery materia from Ultros.

The damage difference is hilarious and sad, even when he has almost 200 less MAG. Womp womp.

• Options

The damage difference is hilarious and sad, even when he has almost 200 less MAG. Womp womp.

Yeah, Tri-beam Laser is great, and Wildcard hitting twice with DW and also applying weapon elements/killers is great. His LB is also damn good.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Cruor wrote: »

Yeah, Tri-beam Laser is great, and Wildcard hitting twice with DW and also applying weapon elements/killers is great. His LB is also damn good.

Seems that way so far. Dracospike and Holy Rod are making some fun damage hits with friend Orlandeaus. I have Veritas of Water that I should get the TMR for as well, but I don't know if I can get Ace's MAG up much higher.

Edit: I have Adventurer V, but it feels so good to have that bonus SPR/DEF on my tank.

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I feel like I should start working on putting together a real team instead of flailing around with a bunch of random characters.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    If I remember the problem is Drascin would need dual-wield and excalibur. I wonder if Onion Knight with excalibur and a friend OK with excalibur would be able to cheese them as well? You'd probably need a source of light imperil though.

I do have Dual Wield. I do not have Excalibur, but I could work on it, because I do have a Cecil laying around.

The bigger problem is the assumption this strategy makes that I can get to 850+ attack on Cid AND that I can reliably perfect-sparkchain anything at all on my phone. Also do not have Bird Killer.

Drascin on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    you don't need to spark chain, just to chain

and you also don't need bird-killer

if you don't have xon to steal ifrit's buff, you do need a sizable attack buff though

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Mystea vs Malboro. Didn't die as much as I'd have thought, only to rampage really. With a high LB rate Rikku in the mix you might even be able to get by without Ayaka's reraises. Good gear/units of course but still, looks like she could be a help.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    Beasts of the Dark is much, MUCH easier than you'd think

You can do it slowly and pay attention to the thresholds or you can 1-2 turn kill each beast with a high attack Orlandbreau

The slow-and-steady method just involves having a unit who can either buff elemental resistances (water and dark iirc?) or having Rikku. Friend Tidus is also a stupendous choice for the trial, he'll provide a suite of things you need all in one unit

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Hah, TDH FD 7* Tidus is a little silly I guess.

Was looking at Omega videos, a 7* Orlandu+DV get him to 81% in their first turn doing damage (pretty consistent with most vids I think). 2 Tidus get to 27%, and don't think it was their highest roll. I think both Tidus were FD+2xCloud+2xElfried, so not exactly cheap.

Had heard it was nuts but never really saw it in practice.

BlehBlehAmiga on
    ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Today's daily was an Amarant, but the login Summon Ticket went Blue->Yellow->Rainbow and popped to reveal an Ace! The string of magical units continues, and here I am with a bunch of farmed physical TMRs, lol.

This discussion has been closed.