As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Note: Illidan died on his way back to his home planet [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    if anyone's being set up as a successor leader for the forsaken right now it's Mr. Special New Model Who Actually Shows Up All The Time For All Horde Players, Nathanos Blightcaller

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Honestly the model upgrade I am most curious about is Rexxar

It could just be because his old model was busted as hell and he was just overdue for an update but I would like to see him take more of an active role in the story

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

It could just be because his old model was busted as hell and he was just overdue for an update but I would like to see him take more of an active role in the story

spoiler if you want to know
    he's part of the campaign to set up bases on the Alliance islands, and he's one of your followers for the mission table this time around

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

spoiler if you want to know
    he's part of the campaign to set up bases on the Alliance islands, and he's one of your followers for the mission table this time around
    Hrm

Not as big as I would have liked, but I will take it

I like that dude

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Bobble wrote: »
    Oh I like that a lot

Jaina leading the Forsaken would be neat

My head is spinning at the idea. I'm no lore expert, but I have no idea what she would do. Try to take leadership of the Horde to bring peace? Full isolationist to focus on the undead? Try to flip the undead to the Alliance? (Blizz wouldn't actually go for it though)

One problem with this.
    Calia Menethil's been more or less set up to take over as she's been killed by Sylvanas only be brought back as a Forsaken with the Light rather then the usual shadow magic that's involved.

ain't no one been set up as nothin' if they've only appeared in a book so far

Yeah but Blizzard loves setting up stuff in books and other outside media. For example, Sylvanas' current mental state? Go read War Crimes and that Sisters comic to get a clue. War Crimes I believe also showed how Garrosh got to where he did to start up the Iron Horde. Might be wrong on that one.

• Options
    i mean i also severely doubt she's going to be involved because she's completely 100% absent from the entire bfa storyline everywhere so far

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    someone told me you can get 210 gear ez from these supply drops in darkshore, so I thought, sure i'll bite.

I went down to darkshore and murdered alliance while waiting. Which made me an assassin. Which means I cant fly??? Flight was disabled for me.

Then a supply box drops on the other side of fuckville and I literally cant fly over there!
    Finally, I got ganked by... well, this:
    AnECPSI.jpg

This was not worth 210 gear and im feeling very lied to.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    not sure how calia managed to go and get herself killed when all she was supposed to do was go to suramar and pick me up some rep tokens

also, i have to assume they're building to some sort of climatic meeting between thrall, jaina and rexxar. it'd be a bummer if they didn't. i haven't looked at a lot of the bfa plot details, but as far as i can tell 8.0 is mostly about the stories involving recruiting the new allies, so i have to imagine the actual BATTLE part will come in 8.1, and with it, some of the more lingering plot threads

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    maybe Nathanos got a new model because he's going to be a boss in the Sylvanas raid instead

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    maybe Nathanos got a new model because he's going to be a boss in the Sylvanas, Jaina, Rexxar, Saurfang, Anduin, Thrall, Greymane, Khadgar, Alleria, Turalyon, Malfurion, Tyrande raid instead

look, i'm the player character. far as i can tell, there's only one way to stop the rest of these idiots becoming corrupted

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    don't forget Lich King Bolvar and Illidan

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Pretty sure the only end to Corruption is a lifeless ball of rock, the way Blizzard operates.

• Options
    that sounds perfect

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    a lifeless ball of rock....AND ROLL RACING!

https://youtu.be/VIOh7jXEYmI?t=8

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Auralynx wrote: »

Pretty sure the only end to Corruption is a lifeless ball of rock, the way Blizzard operates.

no, some of those guys have been corrupted too.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Zay wrote: »
    not sure how calia managed to go and get herself killed when all she was supposed to do was go to suramar and pick me up some rep tokens

Because she was a moron.
    She disguises herself as part of the Alliance entourage that's attending the big meeting between some Forsaken and their still-alive loved ones. Then one of them recognizes her and goes "Hey, you used to be our princess! Listien, we'd rather stay with our family if that's ok." and she goes "Sure." and then basically tosses her disguise away and starts trying to lead the Forsaken that want to leave away towards the nearest Alliance camp with Sylvanas practically just a few yards away. Hacked off, Sylvanas has her Rangers kill all the Forsaken there (surprising Nathanos who was naturally there next to Sylvanas) and personally put an arrow through Calia, threatening Anduin with the next one. Anduin managed to call Sylvanas' bluff and then had to drag Calia's dumb body back to Netherlight Temple where she got rezzed as a 'Light' Forsaken.

• Options

Because she was a moron.
    She disguises herself as part of the Alliance entourage that's attending the big meeting between some Forsaken and their still-alive loved ones. Then one of them recognizes her and goes "Hey, you used to be our princess! Listien, we'd rather stay with our family if that's ok." and she goes "Sure." and then basically tosses her disguise away and starts trying to lead the Forsaken that want to leave away towards the nearest Alliance camp with Sylvanas practically just a few yards away. Hacked off, Sylvanas has her Rangers kill all the Forsaken there (surprising Nathanos who was naturally there next to Sylvanas) and personally put an arrow through Calia, threatening Anduin with the next one. Anduin managed to call Sylvanas' bluff and then had to drag Calia's dumb body back to Netherlight Temple where she got rezzed as a 'Light' Forsaken.

so what you're saying is she wasn't even at suramar at all

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    i don't know if "willing to help some people she's talking to live a peaceful life" qualifies as "what a fuckin' MORON"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

Because she was a moron.

so what you're saying is she wasn't even at suramar at all

oh she is so fired

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    i don't know if "willing to help some people she's talking to live a peaceful life" qualifies as "what a fuckin' MORON"

No, that's noble. What qualifies her for moron status is...
    ...trying to do this in front of Sylvanas in a meeting that was meant to perhaps lead up to a more peaceful resolution between the Forsaken and the living. She could have simply told the Forsaken "I'll do my best to help you but not right here in front of your boss and her group of elite soldiers as she'd likely take it very badly if the former princess of the land she's currently ruling tried stealing her people in front of her quite publicly."

• Options
    If I remember right
    Calia takes off her hood and basically goes I AM THE RIGHTFUL HEIR TO LORDAREON, FOLLOW MEEEEE

Which is

Maybe not the smartest move given the situation. But wanting to help the Forsaken who wanted to defect and join their loved ones was a good idea, she just did it in a very short sighted way.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    but it's not stealing they wanted to leave

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    If I remember right
    Calia takes off her hood and basically goes I AM THE RIGHTFUL HEIR TO LORDAREON, FOLLOW MEEEEE

Which is

Maybe not the smartest move given the situation. But wanting to help the Forsaken who wanted to defect and join their loved ones was a good idea, she just did it in a very short sighted way.

Exactly.
    She could have handled that sooooo much better. And don't forget, Anduin is there too and her actions don't just reflect on her but him as well. Plus, you know, Sylvanas nearly shooting him with an arrow over what she saw as a big con set up by him to steal Undercity and her people from her.
    but it's not stealing they wanted to leave

And you think Sylvanas sees it that way?

Owenashi on
  • Options
    how come sylvanas isn't the moron because she's a stupid evil murder person

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Cause it actually helped her out a ton by solidifying her position

The Forsaken that were spurned by their loved ones survived and are now more committed to her than ever, and they're the only witnesses who were there to tell the tale now

The ones that wanted to defect will be considered traitors she brought to justice and not be able to spread the idea that there may be a place for them in the Alliance

She took out a potential usurper to her throne

And her iron grip on the Forsaken is tighter than ever

It is evil as shit but it is a very smart play given what she wants

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular

The Forsaken that were spurned by their loved ones survived and are now more committed to her than ever, and they're the only witnesses who were there to tell the tale now

The ones that wanted to defect will be considered traitors and not be able to spread the idea that there may be a place for them in the Alliance

In a world where undeadness is a thing, "kill someone who's not undead already = solve the problem" is a very stupid idea to have. Especially when you are undead yourself.

• Options
    the issue i have is that a lot of descriptions of things sylvanas does to other characters winds up sounding more like she's being described as a force of nature that people should just learn how to deal with, like "oh you shouldn't have built your house in tornado country of course a tornado would hit it" and tends to focus on the mistakes they make rather than acknowledging that sylvanas has agency herself and should probably be blamed for the action in question

which i guess is maybe not the craziest stance given that blizzard just has everyone kind of ignore the comically evil things she continually does but i feel like it harms Story Discourse

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Shadowen wrote: »

The ones that wanted to defect will be considered traitors and not be able to spread the idea that there may be a place for them in the Alliance

In a world where undeadness is a thing, "kill someone who's not undead already = solve the problem" is a very stupid idea to have. Especially when you are undead yourself.
    Yeah but so far the only type of actually intelligent undead known of are raised by either the Lich King or the Val'kyr and she had no reason to think Calia would be risen by either

The Light Forsaken shit is a brand new development she couldn't have foreseen

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    the issue i have is that a lot of descriptions of things sylvanas does to other characters winds up sounding more like she's being described as a force of nature that people should just learn how to deal with, like "oh you shouldn't have built your house in tornado country of course a tornado would hit it" and tends to focus on the mistakes they make rather than acknowledging that sylvanas has agency herself and should probably be blamed for the action in question

which i guess is maybe not the craziest stance given that blizzard just has everyone kind of ignore the comically evil things she continually does but i feel like it harms Story Discourse
    Oh I think she should be blamed 100%

Sylvanas is indisputably the villain in the situation and a monster

Calia is guilty of, at worst, getting caught up in the moment and revealing something she shouldn't have

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

True but there's a difference between that extreme and what Calia did.
    As far as I know, she had no actual plan and she tipped off no one Alliance-side what she was going to do. Sylvanas did a horrible thing but Calia should have known better then to pull what she did with nothing to defend her or much more importantly the defecting Forsaken other then 'leg it'. She most certainly deserves some of the blame for getting them killed.

• Options
    no she doesn't

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Shadowen wrote: »

Yeah but so far the only type of actually intelligent undead known of are raised by either the Lich King or the Val'kyr and she had no reason to think Calia would be risen by either

The Light Forsaken shit is a brand new development she couldn't have foreseen

Sure she could have. The fucking val'kyr queen has every reason to have a grudge against her.

There are lightforged dreadlords, her other sister's alive (if weirdly voidtouched), demons can now die permanently.

Alternate universes aren't only a thing, you can cross between them.

Suddenly! PANDAS

The continents changed shape due to the actions of a single living being.

There's a jungle paradise on a frozen continent, and two types of undiscovered giant, and a huge sprawling complex peopled with demigods who watch over the almost-corpse of death itself. People thought long-dead can still be around and kicking and they don't even have to be undead to do it.

Uncorrupted orcs and non-evil eredar exist. Teron'gor is still not dead, possibly even after being killed a third time.

There are, arguably, worse things than demons and Scourge, and some of them exist right here on Azeroth, so old they're all but forgotten, so powerful they might never be permanently destroyed.

She has every reason to think that she doesn't know everything and that there will be surprises she can't imagine and that powerful enough people who die might come back. And for a less disingenuous point, she's a brand new development of undead she couldn't have foreseen. Suddenly parts of the Scourge have free will. The Lich King's not dead, and they're not alive again. And yet, here she is, able to do what she wants.

You'd think someone who's seen and been shit like that would be a lot more wary about killing people.

But she's not.

Because she's stupid.

• Options
    I mean at that point you're just saying Warcraft has a bunch of a crazy shit that has happened in it so no one should have any expectations for what may or may not happen and that's not a great way to try and tell stories

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I just wish her arrogance were ever justified

As soon as she explains her plan, and caps it with 'and we'll do it all before they even know what's happening' I violently rolled my eyes, because I knew right then that would be proven wrong almost immediately.

She's probably the strongest, in terms of raw power, and yet her schemes continue to fail. That's what a supervillain does.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Zenyatoo wrote: »
    someone told me you can get 210 gear ez from these supply drops in darkshore, so I thought, sure i'll bite.

I went down to darkshore and murdered alliance while waiting. Which made me an assassin. Which means I cant fly??? Flight was disabled for me.

Then a supply box drops on the other side of fuckville and I literally cant fly over there!
    AnECPSI.jpg

don't murder 10 alliance without dying while waiting

supply plane spawns at X:11, X:31, and X:51 in the north and flies south so as long as you make sure you're north at like X:09 you basically never miss them

we've had a rolling raid group of like 19+ that's claimed every supply drop for like 4 hours straight today, it's been a very good cycle

• Options
    I mean at that point you're just saying Warcraft has a bunch of a crazy shit that has happened in it so no one should have any expectations for what may or may not happen and that's not a great way to try and tell stories

I'm saying that if anyone should be cautious about thinking murder is the best solution, it should be Sylvanas.

And yet.

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »

AnECPSI.jpg

don't murder

No.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »

AnECPSI.jpg

don't murder

No.

fair

• Options
    what is this supply drop thing, a war mode feature?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I think aside from legendaries, legion was probably the best state the game has been in??? It’s hard to look past Wrath and vanilla nostalgia, but legion is almost certainly a better game. I’m hoping bfa will be as well, but it’s hard to ignore some of the red flags

Legion was the only time I picked up WoW and actually stuck with it for a decent period of time, so that must indicate something positive. I even did a couple raids!

Now I'm back in and grinding out Army of Light rep on my Demon Hunter so I can switch over to a Lightforged Draenei paladin

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
This discussion has been closed.