As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Note: Illidan died on his way back to his home planet [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    oh right threat is a thing again kinda

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I think I’m going to wait until 8.1 or whatever to make a zandalari warlock for heritage and not spend a ton of money on boost + race change

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    If I haven't played WoW since...the first days of cataclysm, what all would i have to buy to get current? I thought I heard news you didn't have to buy allll of the expansions now? or do I?

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    If I haven't played WoW since...the first days of cataclysm, what all would i have to buy to get current? I thought I heard news you didn't have to buy allll of the expansions now? or do I?
    If you subscribe for the 14.99 you get everything up to and including Legion, the most recent expansion

The new expansion, Battle for Azeroth, launches in like 2.5 weeks and is not included in that and needs to be purchased separately

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ugggh I can't believe I'm re-installing this gaaaaame what is wrong with me

• Options
    You've been

corrupted

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Only if he's following the genocidal Banshee Queen. There's nothing wrong with following the Glorious Manduin as he works to defend the Night Elves and the rest of the Alliance from the Warmongering Horde.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    Only if he's following the genocidal Banshee Queen. There's nothing wrong with following the Glorious Manduin as he works to defend the Night Elves and the rest of the Alliance from the Warmongering Horde.

This but unironically.

(Hey, it's both the subtext and the text of the game. It's not my fault Blizzard can't write.)

• Options
    I just wanna know what the fuck they are hiding with the final War of Thorns cinematic

The split narratives between sides and the escalation from "hold Darnassus and keeping citizens alive so that the Alliance won't attack" to "BURN IT ALL" is just too weird

I'm sure it will be underwhelming but I wanna know

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Horde 4lyfe

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I'm sure the naga or twilight's hammer will be the ones who actually start the fire and frame the horde

archservant of the old gods nomi, specifically

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Slowing down leveling was never intended... (also I have a bridge you may be interested in purchasing.)

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20766196849?page=2#post-38

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Sylvanas finds old god shenanigans in the tree and decides to burn it to prevent a worse threat taking hold?

Maybe Jaina takes a break from frost magic and does it to frame them?

Dys on
  • Options
    I wonder what sort of shit i'll need to do to get up to speed. I guess I'm like...two or three expansions behind?

Cataclysm, Pandas, Legion?

• Options
    Dys wrote: »
    Sylvanas finds old god shenanigans in the tree and decides to burn it to prevent a worse threat taking hold?

those would both be good, not expecting anything that shades-of-grey given how everything else has been presented though

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I wonder what sort of shit i'll need to do to get up to speed. I guess I'm like...two or three expansions behind?

Cataclysm, Pandas, Legion?
    Warlords of Draenor, also

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    My prediction that I hope comes true is Sylvanas actually biting it this expansion outside of being a raid boss, and somehow cursing Jaina to take her place.

It would put a human tied to the former kingdom the Forsaken are from in charge of them, and I think it would be a fairly interesting story dynamic as well.

• Options
    Oh I like that a lot

Jaina leading the Forsaken would be neat

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Oh I like that a lot

My head is spinning at the idea. I'm no lore expert, but I have no idea what she would do. Try to take leadership of the Horde to bring peace? Full isolationist to focus on the undead? Try to flip the undead to the Alliance? (Blizz wouldn't actually go for it though)

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular

The world tree is corrupted.

We know this from the in game lore.

• Options
    Teldrassil? The night elf capital one is?

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Darkshore's meta being "distract the alliance while the rest of the raid group waits for the supply drop plane to spawn and then claims it for the horde so everyone gets their free loot" really meshes well with my "barely pay attention to the computer" lifestyle

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Angry wrote: »

The night elf starting area was reworked in Cata to show that all the weird shit going on was the result of the corruption being purged.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    uhhhh...looks like my wow names are now cut off by a bunch of numbers???

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

That probably just means that they got flagged for a character rename, due to you being gone for so long. That lets players who are actively playing get hot usernames like WorgenFreeman

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

That probably just means that they got flagged for a character rename, due to you being gone for so long. That lets players who are actively playing get hot usernames like WorgenFreeman

does it mean they have to be re-named? how do i fix it

• Options
    If you just try to enter the game with them it should let you pick a name automatically, since names can't contain numbers.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Angry wrote: »

I think they offscreen fixed it when they offscreen solved the emerald nightmare in cata, but that's boring so I don't mind if they retcon that\
    e: or maybe it was on-screen fixed, never did post-cata NE starting zone

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ok, I tried to play the game before the entire 1,000 gig download was over because it told me it could, but then it gave a driver error so I'm just going to wait until it's done.

• Options
    also the part in Hyjal where the dragon aspects gave the world tree their blessing, which previously hadn't happened because Staghelm grew it in arrogance

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Yeah Teldrassil was planted by Staghelm in an attempt to restore the Night Elves immortality, wasn't it?

But the original World Tree had been blessed by the dragon aspects and they withheld their blessing for Teldrassil. So instead of getting a big tree that also made them immortal, they just got... a big tree.

Eventually Ysera and Alexstrasza did bless Teldrassil, but I think Nozdormu was all like "lol no ur mortal now deal wit it"

Anyway it's supposedly been cleansed of whatever was corrupting it.

RT800 on
  • Options
    "Your device driver is not compatible. Please see (Generic Webpage) for more information"

great, so I don't know what driver it is, or what to update it to. I have no problems running destiny 2 or anything else on this computer

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    "Your device driver is not compatible. Please see (Generic Webpage) for more information"

great, so I don't know what driver it is, or what to update it to. I have no problems running destiny 2 or anything else on this computer

It's your video card driver.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Oh I like that a lot

My head is spinning at the idea. I'm no lore expert, but I have no idea what she would do. Try to take leadership of the Horde to bring peace? Full isolationist to focus on the undead? Try to flip the undead to the Alliance? (Blizz wouldn't actually go for it though)

One problem with this.
    Calia Menethil's been more or less set up to take over as she's been killed by Sylvanas only be brought back as a Forsaken with the Light rather then the usual shadow magic that's involved.

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Oh I like that a lot

One problem with this.
    Calia Menethil's been more or less set up to take over as she's been killed by Sylvanas only be brought back as a Forsaken with the Light rather then the usual shadow magic that's involved.

ain't no one been set up as nothin' if they've only appeared in a book so far

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited July 2018

It did the same thing to me when I opened the game last night, it stopped spamming me with it once I actually got in game.

Now, the notifications that the voice chat client wasn't working...

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    go get the latest driver from your video card brand and it will stop pestering you

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Oh I like that a lot

One problem with this.

True but Golden is actually writing for the game itself now so Calia is probably gonna show up

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Oh I like that a lot

One problem with this.

True but Golden is actually writing for the game itself now so Calia is probably gonna show up

oh she's shown up she's a priest follower in legion

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Oh I like that a lot

One problem with this.

She's one of your followers in the Legion priest storyline.

This discussion has been closed.