Options

The Playstation Experience is boredom, The Game Awards were still a thing

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I like both!

You can't like both! Pick a side!

• Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    id rather have DmC2 than Devil May Cry: 5

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    The Internet tells me that DmC is the worst atrocity and that liking it is the reason that gaming is dead. The Internet is never wrong.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I'll definitely take either

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Is DmC not Devil May Cry? Am I that much of an old now that I can't keep up with videogame acronyms?

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Is DmC not Devil May Cry? Am I that much of an old now that I can't keep up with videogame acronyms?

The fifth Devil May Cry game was just called DmC and it was a pretty big change from the previous games in a number of ways. These days when people refer to just DmC they're usually talking about specifically that game.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    DmC is the one where Dante has dark hair and Devil May Cry is the one where he has white hair.

• Options
    it was pretty polarizing, most of the fans of the series up to that point were pretty insulted by Dante's design (also I'm sure there are people out there who resented the political elements of the plot)

they're all wrong though, he was rad and the game was fun

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Devil May Cry are the games that people like because they are good and DmC is the game that people "like" because they are paid money by the publisher.

• Options
    Boy I wish I got paid to like things.

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    it was pretty polarizing, most of the fans of the series up to that point were pretty insulted by Dante's design (also I'm sure there are people out there who resented the political elements of the plot)

Some people who were deep into the gameplay also hated how that changed quite a bit.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular

There's this gag early in the game where a white mop landed on the dude's head, and he was like "lolno," which the hordes decided was a massive slap on the fanbase and got angry over a dumb joke. Of course, it was also clear they never actually played the game either.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    I try to keep the terrible fans of the previous Devil May Cry 4, and the legitimate criticism of DmC, separate.

For me, I don't think the franchise name, or especially the characters, will make much difference.
    Really depends on the developers and writers chosen.

Like it's a real concern if we get another game written with

DMC Spoilers
    your fedora wearing comrade sniping a pregnant lady, and Dante harrumphs about how he's glad he made the big bad guy upset.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    i only enjoyed DmC because of penis pizza crust

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    DmC is the only DMC I enjoy

DMC5 sounds like a bummer

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    DmC was a resoundingly okay game supported by phenomenal art design. Seriously, that nightclub level looked so cool.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    In my personal estimation, 3/4ths of the original dmc games weren't super great. Never figured out why its this untouchable golden calf for Real Gamers

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    DmC is the best Devil May Cry game (but also the only one I liked)

That Resident Evil camera makes them damn near unplayable

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    The Bill O'Rilley Boss Fight from DmC is probably the most unexpected fun thing I've ever gotten out of PS+

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I liked the original, was a fun little character action game with a decent challenge level.

2 was poop from a butt, mainly due to how much the difficulty was nerfed. I remember flat-out quitting after I let a pair of enemy dogs literally run circles around me without ever attacking for multiple minutes.

Never played 3 or any of the others.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    DmC is so fucking good

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Apparently 343 got out ahead of this and said no Halo 6 after Kieghly was misquoted as saying they were debuting a 30-second teaser for a sixth secret in a franchise. (He was actually using a made-up trailer as an example as the kind of thing they wanted less of at this Game Awards)

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Boy I wish I got paid to like things.

My aunt keeps saying that the only reason my mother and I go to protests is because George Soros is paying us.

I'm just like... goddamn, if only.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Apparently 343 got out ahead of this and said no Halo 6 after Kieghly was misquoted as saying they were debuting a 30-second teaser for a sixth secret in a franchise. (He was actually using a made-up trailer as an example as the kind of thing they wanted less of at this Game Awards)

https://kotaku.com/dumb-rumor-spreads-about-the-game-awards-1820974472

How anyone would have taken that conversation as a secret sixth game in a franchise announcement is completely beyond me.

• Options

Some people who were deep into the gameplay also hated how that changed quite a bit.

yeah if like DMC 3 was your jam I could see being disappointed by the simplification of DmC, that's totally reasonable

I wasn't totally happy about that BUT I thought the game was still really fun

I would have been happy with a proper sequel to DmC but I'll take DMC 5 too, though I want it to be as unlike DMC 4 as possible

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    DMC4 got annoying with how many loading zones and tiny areas there were.
    Also I didn't like Nero.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    more like

gay awards

...I wish

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Brolo wrote: »
    DMC4 got annoying with how many loading zones and tiny areas there were.
    Also I didn't like Nero.

nero sucked and his mechanics were boring

also the game made you play the whole thing twice, which, get the fuck outta here with that

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I enjoyed DMC3 and DMC4 but it's not my favorite CAG franchise. That said DMC5 is supposed to have some concessions made to more modern character action game design, according to rumors

Like having a Bayonetta-style designated dodge button! Which is step 1 to making me very happy with it

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    THE TIME HAS COME AND SO HAVE IIIIIIIIII

• Options

Gross, dude

• Options
    Going back and playing a few DMC titles has taught me one thing:

Ninja Gaiden/Ninja Gaiden Black was waaaay ahead of its time. It's been a bit since I played it but I think it still holds up, mechanically, in a way pretty much no other action game of that particular generation did

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I enjoyed DMC3 and DMC4 but it's not my favorite CAG franchise. That said DMC5 is supposed to have some concessions made to more modern character action game design, according to rumors

Like having a Bayonetta-style designated dodge button! Which is step 1 to making me very happy with it

Speaking of

Come on Bayonetta 3 for Switch!

Also Bayo2 port!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Make Bayonetta 3 on Switch and bundle Bayo 1 and 2 with it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I wish there was an easy way for me to play Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden 2 right now

• Options
    Bring Ninja Gaiden Black to PC you cowards

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Bring Ninja Gaiden Black to PC you cowards

Have you heard the good word of Nioh?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

I have had every one of those garbage songs stuck in my head today thanks to this discussion

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    The Game Awards? More like the Game Ads!

I'm expecting there to be a new trailer for Death Stranding, but will be surprised if it shows it being a video game.