Options

[FFRK] An honest to goodness Global collab with Kingdom Hearts! 2/22

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    If there's a Magicite I'm going to try first, I guess it'll be Water. I still would like access to Imperil Water.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I have R3 Meltdown and would like to R4 it, but Earth Crystals :(

R4 Raging Waters and R4 Thundering Quad for their respective stuff though, so that's nice.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    My kingdom for some 5* spirit motes

I have way too many vit motes now

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    200 CM wasn't as bad as I feared because AoE magic wasn't a thing. Just had to S/L once to re-up wall because I didn't kill him fast enough.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    200 CM required one S/L because I forgot to put up wall before going into the boss. Boss died to Raines. Resistance is futile ugly face barnacles.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    OMG, I never have to do another Torment+Trash fight ever again. Keep the torments around for 3xMajor Orbs, that's fine. At least it's a full throttle piece of cake. Seriously, fuck these 200/250 fights forever and ever.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Is there a support restore one use RM? I'm going to super cheese the 250.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    OMG, I never have to do another Torment+Trash fight ever again. Keep the torments around for 3xMajor Orbs, that's fine. At least it's a full throttle piece of cake. Seriously, fuck these 200/250 fights forever and ever.

Done here too, threeish hours before I've polished off Torments 1.0 for good... aside from the farmering.

But do I take mages to finish this off, or do I just UCS it like always? So many decisions.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Is there a support restore one use RM? I'm going to super cheese the 250.

I want to say yes. Maybe Red XIII?

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    My secret tech for making 200/250s a breeze:
    1) Never do 200CMs for realms you aren't at least reasonably strong in, 2 Crystals isn't worth the hassle

2) Ramza BSB2 makes physical teams much, much easier, since it's self-sustaining Shout with the Wrath command and one shot of killing the biggest thing per wave.

3) Protect+Regen(Hi) is all you need to outlast the trash with occasional spot healing if they ever get any spells off, so don't dismiss relics with that combo to save ability slots. Catgirl's Aetherial Pulse, Sazh's Godsend, etc.

4) Seriously, just mages if you weren't planing on UCSing, Meteor/Bahamut makes trash a joke.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Done with all torments and CMs but 200 for FF4.

And I've got the pieces for that when it comes around. Hooray!

• Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    1) Never do 200CMs for realms you aren't at least reasonably strong in, 2 Crystals isn't worth the hassle

2) Ramza BSB2 makes physical teams much, much easier, since it's self-sustaining Shout with the Wrath command and one shot of killing the biggest thing per wave.

3) Protect+Regen(Hi) is all you need to outlast the trash with occasional spot healing if they ever get any spells off, so don't dismiss relics with that combo to save ability slots. Catgirl's Aetherial Pulse, Sazh's Godsend, etc.

4) Seriously, just mages if you weren't planing on UCSing, Meteor/Bahamut makes trash a joke.

Seems like 4 requires hones. Abusing hit and run is cheaper.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

Seems like 4 requires hones. Abusing hit and run is cheaper.
    R3 Meteor is still pretty cheap these days and only needs support from like a R3 Ruinga to wipe all 6 trash waves basically.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    And stomped all over the XIII Torment. Brings a smile to my face for this to be the last one and to have Lightning finally count as a CM character after all the hard work she did on most of the previous ones.

D200 CM:

Setup:
    QHBitTtl.pngDnlYTkEl.png

Godsend on the opener, everyone had enough innate ATK to smash the trash with just Lifesiphon spam, then did tragic things to the boss wave. Army of One (Aileron dead) -> Quadstrike (Pauldrons dead) -> Focused Bolts -> Thunderfall -> Quadstrike (Bart dead).

Stupid Snow's BSB2 which I 100 Gem'd off the past XIII event actually let me do this without having to take Serah SSB for the Hastega, which itself enabled me to just go full physical and smash this. And Sazh vaguely contributed with just SSBs, I guess.

---

D250:

Setup:
    8TR71BWl.pngWmOyvXkl.png

Aeth Pulse+Cheer on the opener, still just Lifesiphon through the trash. Native Wall + RW UCS. Reno BSB cleared the A+P, Lightning did the rest.

---

D300 CM:

Setup:
    2XvywYIl.pngVP774I3l.png

https://youtu.be/XMFOSu76T0c

I mean, no, seriously, I have an almost complete LD Lightning, was this ever in doubt?

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    200 CM was comical when I could field:

Ultra Claire
    Vanille USB & BSB
    Snow BSB
    Cid Raines
    Serah Hastega

250 involved repeated applications of Oldman OSB to the face while Lightning was Lightning.

300 CM setup is looking like Lightning, Vanille, & Cid Raines + Cid Not Shout and Ramza USB, whenever I have stamina.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    I had my pick between:
    Lightning SB2+SB3+BSB2+OSB+USB+LMR+LD
    Fang BSB1+OSB
    Snow SSB2+BSB1+BSB2
    Sazh SSB1+SSB2
    Noel SSB

Vanille SSB+BSB+LMR+LD

Serah SSB+USB
    Raines BSB+LD
    Nabaat SSB+BSB

I, uh, may have overpulled on multiple XIII banners in the past. (Don't let your dreams be dreams!)

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    And 300 Torment 3-man CM done with mages. First and only 300 I didn't abuse UCS for. Seems like it'd be a pain in the ass to and not a fight you want to go too light on defense anyway.

Raines BSB
    Vanille BSB
    Shan BSB/CSB
    Serah SSB
    Ramza USB

Not sure what exactly happened in the middle, if I passed some threshold or something, but he went kind of berserk and took like three actions in between a single one of Vanille's. Instant super medica was very appreciated, although nothing he was throwing at me was doing over like 1500 anyway.

Fare thee well, Torments. Except when I need specific majors, I guess. And when you're revamped.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    (Don't let your dreams be dreams!)

ff5.png?w=736

• Options
    edited January 2018
    This, shockingly, looks like a vaguely reasonable 'budget'-ish sub30 for Isgebind. The hone requirements don't look terrible at all and there's not too much exotic tech being used here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6y84p1/isgebind_downed_2863s/

(More saving this for self to look at again later but others may be able to pull something from this)

musing to self
    Refia BSB+USB+LMR
    Bartz USB+LMR+LD
    Locke SSB2+BSB1+USB+LMR(+willing to LD)
    Balthier SSB+BSB

Terra USB(+willing to LD)
    Krile BSB(+vaguely willing to LD but would prefer not to unless better tech is pulled in 3rd anniv)

A fairly wide spread of buffs and healers

I -have- to be able to put something together that can do this if the above can, right?

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    XIII Torment was about as easy as expected when you're packing an LD'd Lightning with her USB/BSB2 combo.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    This, shockingly, looks like a vaguely reasonable 'budget'-ish sub30 for Isgebind. The hone requirements don't look terrible at all and there's not too much exotic tech being used here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6y84p1/isgebind_downed_2863s/

(More saving this for self to look at again later but others may be able to pull something from this)

musing to self
    Refia BSB+USB+LMR
    Bartz USB+LMR+LD
    Locke SSB2+BSB1+USB+LMR(+willing to LD)
    Balthier SSB+BSB

Terra USB(+willing to LD)
    Krile BSB(+vaguely willing to LD but would prefer not to unless better tech is pulled in 3rd anniv)

A fairly wide spread of buffs and healers

I -have- to be able to put something together that can do this if the above can, right?

I think for non-whales, focusing on just beating them and farming 4* Magicite should be the goal at first. Once those are leveled for their better passives, sub-30s will be more possible.

• Options
    Did Bart 300 but cloud ran out of gas at the end, and I forgot that I had to do a 3 cm. Not really sure what to do seems like he has a lot of life.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited January 2018
    I should be roughly capable of doing every 4* first try

Marilith: Tidus USB/BSB2/OSB/LMR dived, Edge USB/BSB/SSB/LMR dived, Bartz USB/BSB2/LMR dived, Vivi dived, chain waterga r3, engulfing quadstrike r3, sapphire shot r3, reflecting pool r3/raging waters r4 (prepared to dive Yuffie and craft/hone a second set of ninja water stuff)
    Isgebind: Krile CSB/LMR, Vivi USB dived, Ace USB/BSB dived, Terra USB/LMR, Bartz USB/LMR dived, meltdown r4, chain firaga r4 + r3, valigarmanda r3, blazing quadstrike r3, smoldering fire r3, blazing snipe r3
    Tiamat: Rinoa CSB/LMR, Laguna USB, Squall BSB2 dived, Lulu USB/BSB/LMR, Vivi dived, Rikku USB, chain blizzaga r3 x2, sudden freeze r5, abyssal shards r3, snowspell strike r2, freezing snipe r3, valigarmanda r3
    Midgardsormr: Zack CSB, Cloud USB/BSB2 dived, Vivi dived, Fujin BSB/OSB/LMR, Zidane USB, Faris USB2, Cid VII BSB, snowspell strike r2, meltdown r4, dash & slash r3, raging winds r3 x2
    Ixion: Ingus CSB, Vivi dived, Bartz USB/BSB3 dived, Onion sage USB dived, meltdown r4, chain stonega r3, 4 hit spellblade r3, gaia cross/earthbringer r3
    Kraken: Shantotto CSB/USB dived, Lightning USB/BSB2/OSB/LMR dived, Ashe BSB/OSB/LMR, Aranea SSB/BSB/OSB/LMR, Prompto USB/LMR, chain thundaga r3, thundering quadstrike r3, sudden thunder r5/hell thunder r4, tempest snipe r3, valigarmanda r3

Defensive stuff: Every healer BSB, Eiko USB dived with bardsongs/Rosa USB, Onion USBs/LMR dived, Rikku USB, Y'shtola wall + BSB dived, Edge dived with SSB

Beasteh on
  • Options
    Beasteh you will disappoint us if you aren't sub 10ing them.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I can sub 20 the 3* stuff which is roughly on par to sub 30 most of the 4* but that's not taking into account BULLSHIT RNG like constant aoe slow/paralyze/mass dispel

• Options
    Up to plugging in Abilities and figuring out actual counts of needed orbs/crystals and I've...uh....got some work to do.

On that note, looking at maybe shattering these. Thoughts? Anything not specified is R1.
    • Burning Rush - Fires Within seems better, I know this was discussed a few days ago
    • Saint Cross (R2) - It hits harder than Divine Cross, but Divine Cross flows into Guardbringer in a way Saint's Cross doesn't, so I haven't been using it. I guess if I brought two Knights, maybe, but not sure it's worth holding onto or not.
    • Rapid Fire - hits slightly harder, but doesn't target elemental weakness so loses out there. Doesn't seem worth using, even for 10 hits.
    • All the Offerings - I don't really use Machinist very much to begin with (although maybe with Rikku USB I could now, I guess), but just like our recent imperil talk - I'd rather bring one of the snipes and hit harder than bring a 35% chance of minor imperil for 15s.
    • Morbid Countdown/Necrofear/Dwindling Spirit - to be honest, I'm not sure how to use these effectively. I'd rather stick to Reaping Scythe/Dark Zone
    • Crimson Cross - not a fan of self-inflict 25% HP
    • All Witch abilities - I...don't really get the point. More hits than Chain, sure, but weaker hits. The only witch-specific thing I have is Shantotto's LMR (which is only 10% chance, to boot), and nothing else for her, and Edea's better off sticking to her BSB (and CoD is darkness based, so...)
    • 4* Black Magic (mostly R4) - now that I've got everyone to 80 and will slow down getting weird teams for medal requirement levels, I think having a second copy of the chains is better
    • Diaga (R5) - ditto to second copy of holy now that it's been buffed. Not that I use either of them, really. So maybe just get rid of now that Holy is useful.
    • Leviathan/Alexander (R4) - Ogopogo/Madeen are straight upgrades
    • 4* spellblades (R3) - 5* ones are better, I don't use spellblades much since my draws didn't align that way, anyway
    • Fire Blossom (R3) - even with an enFire samurai with dualcast there's no reason to keep this, right?
    • Hydroburst/Flame Burst - No real reason to keep these either, is there? I've used Hydroburst a couple times, but Sapphire Shot is so much better.
    • Rallying Etude/Mana's Paean - haven't honed or looked into these since we got them, but I also recognize that I've never been good on the ability boost game. I just have enough boostgas that working these in seems more effort than it's worth for an extra 15%.

• Options
    I already trashed a lot of that stuff ages ago. I still find some use for anything AoE like fire blossom just for efficiently clearing daily dungeon trash, but never in any serious content.

I keep the witch abilities because Shan still gets more damage out of them against Bismo than she would Chain Lightning once her BSB/CSB are up (~7-8k a hit), and the long cast time isn't a restriction with all the quick casts and angry mode. If/When I pick up an enIce for Rinoa, I imagine she'll be the same way, especially if I dive her. Also, someone else can carry Chain Lightning. Without those, the only thing they add is variety. I think they'll probably get reworked in the future whenever they get around to adding more though since their niche was pretty solidly nuked by the chain -ga revamp. 4* witch abilities may still have some use for speeding up SB casts in entrust battery strats as kind of a pseudo magical powerchain.

Burning Rush seems only worth it if you NEED crits for whatever (Zell or Refia come to mind) and don't have a critfix. Otherwise, it's eminently trashable.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    The 4-star witch skills can still help some Mages without Wratj build meter.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Rallying Etude/Mana's Paean can be decent on Rikku if you're using her for the USB. You don't get much for shattering them (but then, it doesn't cost much to create them again, either).

Morbid Countdown might actually be OK in today's metagame of "clear everything under 30 seconds", but it's not that big of an improvement over Dark Zone.

4* black magics can go straight into the recycle bin once you've got Chain -gas and Meltdown honed up.

There are some specific USB + LD + LMR combos (e.g. Laguna, Prompto, Balthier) where I would consider honing up the Offering abilities, but in general I think they're not great.

Fry on
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Burning Rush seems only worth it if you NEED crits for whatever (Zell or Refia come to mind) and don't have a critfix. Otherwise, it's eminently trashable.

Any physical team I'm running will almost certainly have OK pUSB, so that covers that.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    CoD's BSB2 kinda makes me want to hone Dwindling Spirit and Necrofear, but even at their 20 second/4 hit thresholds they're weaker than Reaping Scythe/Dark Zone. Which is sad.

• Options
    Rinoa's CSB is getting buffed in Japan.

They're switching out the FF6 Shiva graphic for an FF8 one.

Be still my beating heart.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    That's actually a thing people have been annoyed by, so I'm okay with that.

Like, imagine if we got Ysayle, and her transformation used the same FFIV-Shiva sprite.

• Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular

Counterpoint: Sometimes I enjoy the challenge. Like trying to beat the II CM without Maria BSB. (I failed, but it was fun trying to figure it out)

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »

Like, imagine if we got Ysayle, and her transformation used the same FFIV-Shiva sprite.

That would please me because at least one part of what you said would trigger nostalgia.

Interesting, her Chain seemed fine to me, her legend dive could use some help though.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I look forward to that FFXIV event, mostly to hear Shiva's theme. I wonder if they'll go with Part 1 or Part 2.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Pulled on Water banner. Got Tidus' Apocalypse and Bartz Maximillan. Pretty happy about the pull. Will probably pull on onion if i get another 50 while banner is still up (likely since im going through realm dungeons).

So my core team should be now: Cloud of Darkness with her 6* staff, Tidus with Apoc, and 3 other folks that don't really stick out much but i have their Memory crystals. I think i'll be able to take down the 120 difficulty stuff before the banner ends, but it will be close.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Enlong wrote: »

That would please me because at least one part of what you said would trigger nostalgia.

Interesting, her Chain seemed fine to me, her legend dive could use some help though.

The entirety of the buff being the sprite change. The soul break's mechanics are gonna be unchanged, I think.

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    So, I am struggling with something. I am trying to figure out the relative value of Jecht. Mostly, I default to him being a bad character for several reasons. He also gets dual cast Darkness from his mote dive. I am considering diving either him or Sephiroth and I can't decide which. I dunno if I can justify diving both considering the relative strength of my dark team with LD Raines, and Shadow already. I can't decide which one I like more honestly, and my quick mental math can't make one look stronger than the other. Anyone got a clear idea for a tie breaker?

• Options
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    So, I am struggling with something. I am trying to figure out the relative value of Jecht. Mostly, I default to him being a bad character for several reasons. He also gets dual cast Darkness from his mote dive. I am considering diving either him or Sephiroth and I can't decide which. I dunno if I can justify diving both considering the relative strength of my dark team with LD Raines, and Shadow already. I can't decide which one I like more honestly, and my quick mental math can't make one look stronger than the other. Anyone got a clear idea for a tie breaker?

Jecht, with his enDark BSB, is a decent darkness DPS if you lack other options.

With LD Raines and Shadow, you already have better options.

Sephiroth I'm not sure what you've got for him.

FWIW, I've been sitting on both of them for months (Seph with his BSB1, which is piercing so it doesn't gain as much from the trance admittedly), waiting for better DEX/VIT options to come available. I'm hoping Master finally gets unlocked in the FFI event.

This discussion has been closed.