Options

[FFRK] An honest to goodness Global collab with Kingdom Hearts! 2/22

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I've never used Affliction break and I've been fine. And you know I don't have all the best hones/relics.
    And yes the torment is just one fight, but its the second autohit status hit obnoxiousness. I'm expecting more to come.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    It's apparently Force Inflict, rather than Auto-Hit, as Force Inflict respects Astra while Auto-Hit does not. At least according to the mechanical discussion in the reddit thread about the Torment.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    As long as there are Magicites that spam Imperil, and A+ bosses that throw out Slow, I will keep my Affliction Break.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Affliction Break is infinitely useful in MP fights, but marginally useful outside of that.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I see a lot of sub-30s Hades clears with Affliction Break. You can't rely on Astra for his debuff attack, because he also has a 100% stun AoE attack.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVOkTloaizc

Looks like someone managed to eke out a win on the new Torment 3, but nowhere even close to 30 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9indJCEybw

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Looks like JP's updated FFT Torment is balanced around taking 2/3/5 FFT characters for the 240/280/??? difficulties. The lowest difficulty one is probably feasible to just blitz with 5 FFT characters, since Cuchulainn starts at 80% vulnerability to all elements in that situation. Any old 5* elemental ability spam should completely murder him between the vulnerability and the realm chain.

In one of the threads, I saw mention that most of the statuses are 2997% inflict chance, rather than the more typical 303% chance we usually see. Against a 2997% inflict chance, even moderate resist isn't enough to bring the hit chance below 100%. I think major resist would bring it down to ~33% hit chance. Astra should still work, and I think Affliction Break should also bring the hit chance down to 50%. Also, remember that inflicting statuses is Cuchulainn's main thing, we probably won't see quite so awful a status situation for most of the other updated torments.

eta: Nevermind, found a TFMurphy post explaining it, there's a new mechanic. Weird.

Fry on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Fry wrote: »
    Looks like JP's updated FFT Torment is balanced around taking 2/3/5 FFT characters for the 240/280/??? difficulties. The lowest difficulty one is probably feasible to just blitz with 5 FFT characters, since Cuchulainn starts at 80% vulnerability to all elements in that situation. Any old 5* elemental ability spam should completely murder him between the vulnerability and the realm chain.

In one of the threads, I saw mention that most of the statuses are 2997% inflict chance, rather than the more typical 303% chance we usually see. Against a 2997% inflict chance, even moderate resist isn't enough to bring the hit chance below 100%. I think major resist would bring it down to ~33% hit chance. Astra should still work, and I think Affliction Break should also bring the hit chance down to 50%.

Yeah, Afflict Break is the very VERY last thing applied, even after the ceiling of 100%. So if Afflict Break is up, the maximum chance you have to be hit by a status is 50%. Aside from auto-hit. Nothing saves you there.

E: (of edit)
    Ah, datamine 'error', or inconsistency between the terminology between the two of them. If you don't want to check the link, anything over 998 ignores the math completely and becomes auto-hit, but there's also a new form of auto-hit which respects astra.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Managed to eke out a victory against Echidna last night, but only experted it. I just don't bring the dps to Master it yet. I think Ahriman is going to be a tough to get before the event ends, really want that Cloud of Darkness MC2.

It is crazy how much quicker new accounts get online now than when i played like a year or so ago. I already have Shellga and Protectga, which is insane for just over a week in.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    That new mechanic seems....more annoying than it's worth.

Definitely not botheirng to hone Affliction Break further, though. I've already got R3 >_>

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I see you are a man of culture as well

• Options
    Looking like this week is a repeat of last week. 300 stamina (so I'm pretty sure combined 1000+ stamina) deep, 0 power crystals.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i didn't get any last week but i've already gotten 4 this week.

i need so many power orbs and crystals.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    We have a nice big jump start on JP when it comes to planning power/black crystals

• Options
    It may be irrational, but I'm doing Fire today instead.

I really want to hone Warrior's Hymn and give it to Eiko.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    It may be irrational, but I'm doing Fire today instead.

I really want to hone Warrior's Hymn and give it to Eiko.

I want Fire, too. Well, now that I've got my spreadsheet for "this is what I want" I need EVERYTHING. But specifically, I want to get Dervish honed for my new Ninja OK.
    Beasteh wrote: »
    I see you are a man of culture as well

tbh, I mostly honed it so Ramza wouldn't be completely useless when not lifesiphoning to set up another Shout/Chant.

• Options
    Is Dervish OK viable for a Dive with just the BSB?

• Options
    edited January 2018

So with just BSB you can assume haste, so it's a p4.8/8 with a 35% chance of doublecast. Which isn't shabby, and maybe can be considered depending on what else you have. However, I usually found OK better suited to being a mage than being a physical character with his BSB, particularly with the powerchain non-elemental CMD2.

With the USB, you add a 50% crit chance, and after using it once you've already hit his max speed up, so there's layered benefits you'd be missing out on. I didn't even bother making Dervish until I had that SB. Your crystals might find better use elsewhere.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Physical Onion with just BSB felt really underpowered for me all the times I used it. Quick Hit post-buff felt better than everything else I'd tried, though, so Dervish might feel pretty good. 35% Doublecast would make everything better.

• Options
    Alright. I may put Vivi on hold until I get a relic for him, and do Onion's Dive to consume some of my WIS motes in exchange for magic shenanigans.

Then maybe I'll Dive Ashe. Her BSB continues to inpress, even now, and Dualcast would be perfect.

• Options
    Alright. I may put Vivi on hold until I get a relic for him, and do Onion's Dive to consume some of my WIS motes in exchange for magic shenanigans.

Then maybe I'll Dive Ashe. Her BSB continues to inpress, even now, and Dualcast would be perfect.

Ashe's dive has been good times for me. Especially because she can dualcast Valigarmanda in addition to her burst commands and whatnot.

For kicks, on that 1st anniversary Multiplayer, I did a singleplayer run geared around buffing her up. I dualcast Valigarmanda doing 99999 per hit.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I'd be surprised if you got onion to do more dps himself with double celerity than entrusting to someone better.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular

Viable in that he is a character you could use without hurting yourself too much, but I think you need the pUSB for him to shine with Dervish. Otherwise I would probably just use Quick Hit.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if you got onion to do more dps himself with double celerity than entrusting to someone better.

The point being he can run BSB + Dervish/Quick Hit and a utility ability in second slot, like always. Sometimes you need someone to carry Affliction Break/Dispel/Slowga, etc. His dive would improve his DPS when he doesn't have the freedom to do Wrath+Entrust.

Rius on
  • Options
    You can sure. I think it's probably better to have him on two support/white or entrust battery rather than dps.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Honestly, I think the dualcast magic LM is more useful with just the BSB than the dualcast celerity. *shrug*

• Options
    edited January 2018
    How To Evenly Balance Crystal Requirements: By DeNA

ScReXQVl.jpg

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Dive Onion, Raines, and Rapha. Just have a team where all the DPS are just using support BSBs and dualcasting the commands.

• Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    How To Evenly Balance Crystal Requirements: By DeNA

ScReXQVl.jpg

Worth noting that this list does not have the new black magic (chain firaja, chain thundaja, vortex)

• Options
    They don't actually exist yet. So...

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    That doesn't look so bad, honestly? Power is pretty overloaded for main orb requirement compared to Black/Summon/White, but that's not totally unreasonable. As for the other 8 orb types, they're each the main orb for one skill and a sub-orb for three to seven skills. It's actually six to seven skills if you set aside Holy and Non-Elemental, which always have problems being evenly used.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Ooh yes. Eiko with Warrior's Hymn and Curada and BSB works quite well in a mixed team where the physical dude has no self-buffs. Only drawback is that tying her actions up with the Hymn kind of necessitates me bringing Enkidu Magicite, just in case of healing emergencies.

Still, it's nice to be able to offload a buff like that.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Black will be overloaded once the new magic stuff is released

• Options
    I pretty much always bring Enkidu as my primary anyway, since that 10% magic boost is tops regardless

• Options
    Don't all Magicite grant their passive buffs, regardless of Main or Sub status?

• Options
    Yeah but instant medica is definitely one of the best summon effects anyway

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Managed to eke out a victory against Echidna last night, but only experted it. I just don't bring the dps to Master it yet. I think Ahriman is going to be a tough to get before the event ends, really want that Cloud of Darkness MC2.

It is crazy how much quicker new accounts get online now than when i played like a year or so ago. I already have Shellga and Protectga, which is insane for just over a week in.

Just a note, but the FFIII event lasts until the 28th, giving you an extra week to work on it. You may have time to clear more of it than you expect.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »

Just a note, but the FFIII event lasts until the 28th, giving you an extra week to work on it. You may have time to clear more of it than you expect.

Oh that's good news, a little more time to farm some beginner skills. Lifesiphon would probably help Tidus out somewhat, and I'll need to hone at least one more spell for Cloud of Darkness.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Rius wrote: »
    That doesn't look so bad, honestly? Power is pretty overloaded for main orb requirement compared to Black/Summon/White, but that's not totally unreasonable. As for the other 8 orb types, they're each the main orb for one skill and a sub-orb for three to seven skills. It's actually six to seven skills if you set aside Holy and Non-Elemental, which always have problems being evenly used.

Power crystals are needed at just under TWICE the rate of the next closest crystal. And five times the least used crystal. You could straight up double the usage for literally everything but power, and only a couple would surpass power.

And if they've put out a 6* fire spellblade, then it's safe to assume that there's going to be more coming for all the other elements.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »

Power crystals are needed at just under TWICE the rate of the next closest crystal. And five times the least used crystal. You could straight up double the usage for literally everything but power, and only a couple would surpass power.

And if they've put out a 6* fire spellblade, then it's safe to assume that there's going to be more coming for all the other elements.

Except Poison.

This discussion has been closed.