Options

[FFRK] An honest to goodness Global collab with Kingdom Hearts! 2/22

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    So something occurs to me. I remember in a lot of collabs (Secret of Mana and such) that Japan has gotten a free 11x draw on the event banner. I wonder what the odds are of that being the case again, and also what the odds of that being extended to Global are (assuming Japan gets it).

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Anyone want a Firemane?

RsldDql.png

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Me. I do. I'll take all the 4* Magicites you can spare.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Admittedly, I have basically all of the drops, but apparently I am no longer allowed to kill Fenrir. Wind resist? Slows entire party. Slow resist? Slows entire party. Over and over and over and over. Infuriating.

Edit: Thinking about it, assuming I'm not hitting 30s yet which BOY am I not, is there even a point to killing sparky once you've got enough of each 3* to max them out?

Edit 2: Yeah no screw this. Even with Affliction Break and moderate slow resist, EVERY SWW slows Y'sh and Squall. Fuck it.

dporowski on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    See also: Kraken's Ice Blast only ever targets Lightning with a 100% chance to inflict Stop.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    The best solution I saw to Fenrir was to bring magic blinks. Ideally it's something like Rosa USB that has a lot of power in one SB but most things can work. You eat the first slow (reset or re-haste with Raider as necessary) and blink all the rest.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    The best solution I saw to Fenrir was to bring magic blinks. Ideally it's something like Rosa USB that has a lot of power in one SB but most things can work. You eat the first slow (reset or re-haste with Raider as necessary) and blink all the rest.

I got a solution. Take him to the vet for some tutoring. Little bastard just started doing it to me the other day. And turns out I don't have all the Fenrirs I need, so I DO need more kills. :/ (I'm stocked on Enkidu though, at least.)

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Ugh, my magical fire team is not nearly strong enough to sub-30 Isgebind. I can get to 40% HP remaining, but Papalymo and Krile just need too much meter to work properly.

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Ugh, my magical fire team is not nearly strong enough to sub-30 Isgebind. I can get to 40% HP remaining, but Papalymo and Krile just need too much meter to work properly.
    What are you running?

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    What are you running?

Current setup is:

OK - Wrath/Entrust, mUSB, DMT
    Terra - Wrath/Valigarmanda, USB, Ace Striker
    Krile - Enveloping Etude/Meltdown, CSB/OSB, +30% Weakness Damage
    Papalymo - Curaja/Chain Firaga, BSB/SSB, MM
    Y'shtola - Ultra Cure/Curada, BSB, Gathering Storm

RW - Wall
    Magicite - Mom Bomb

The idea is to get OK's mUSB and Potato's Sheep modes out ASAP, then Entrust half a bar to Krile so she can throw out her Chain.

The problem is that even though I can get the Chain out by the 15s mark, before that I do piddly amounts of damage due to the lack of en-fire. I have to Wrath/Entrust to Krile first, then do the same to Papalymo, then Papalymo has to use his C2 to hit the six-hit breakpoint for his C1.

I've tried switching out Potato in favor of Rikku (Flame Offer/Burning Snipe, USB), and it lets me max out the chain - but Rikku still does 20k at most with Burning Snipe, and Krile is still unable to cap Meltdown.

I'm now debating switching to a physical team since I have Refia's USB and Balthier's BSB2/SSB, but I'd lose out on the chain since there's no way Krile would be useful on that team and I'd be better off keeping Terra in her spot.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    rattletrap wrote: »
    The wording is a bit ambiguous, but I assume I can skip playing the Gummi Ship mode and just free-ride off everyone's hard work right?

There’s no way for them to track it, and it’s a global score threshold, so yeah.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    If they bump the fft banner because of this event I’ll be sorely cross

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    What are you running?

Current setup is:

OK - Wrath/Entrust, mUSB, DMT
    Terra - Wrath/Valigarmanda, USB, Ace Striker
    Krile - Enveloping Etude/Meltdown, CSB/OSB, +30% Weakness Damage
    Papalymo - Curaja/Chain Firaga, BSB/SSB, MM
    Y'shtola - Ultra Cure/Curada, BSB, Gathering Storm

RW - Wall
    Magicite - Mom Bomb

The idea is to get OK's mUSB and Potato's Sheep modes out ASAP, then Entrust half a bar to Krile so she can throw out her Chain.

The problem is that even though I can get the Chain out by the 15s mark, before that I do piddly amounts of damage due to the lack of en-fire. I have to Wrath/Entrust to Krile first, then do the same to Papalymo, then Papalymo has to use his C2 to hit the six-hit breakpoint for his C1.

I've tried switching out Potato in favor of Rikku (Flame Offer/Burning Snipe, USB), and it lets me max out the chain - but Rikku still does 20k at most with Burning Snipe, and Krile is still unable to cap Meltdown.

I'm now debating switching to a physical team since I have Refia's USB and Balthier's BSB2/SSB, but I'd lose out on the chain since there's no way Krile would be useful on that team and I'd be better off keeping Terra in her spot.
    Who is LD and who isn't?

Have you considered something like:
    Y'sh - Curada+Ultra Cure/Prot (honestly, just reset if you take a bad status) - Ace Striker
    OK - Chain Firaga+Chain Firaga/Prot/some low tier spell to kick Terra into Trance - MM
    Krile - Enveloping+Meltdown - 30% Fire/Gathering Storm
    Terra - Chain Firaga+Vali - 30% Weakness
    Shelke - Wrath/Entrust - DMT

Entrust to Krile, Wrath+Entrust to Terra (who casts Vali a couple times and then should have enough to go into USB and then spam Chain Firaga), rest of the Entrusts to Krile late to pump out OSBs

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    If they bump the fft banner because of this event I’ll be sorely cross

I'd say I'll be happy because I want more time to get mythril for that banner.

But we all know I'm just going to dump 50 on this KH banner because I have to, overabundance of Holy and Dark users be damned.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Really wonder what that Cloud BSB3 is going to be. Would be pretty gross if it was just a dark-elemental version of his BSB2.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Well I WAS gonna save mythril for the next FFX banner, but along comes KH to destroy that plan

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I don't have any mythril to save so it doesn't really matter what events come.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Yeah, if I roll on an FFXIV banner, I can roll on either FFT or KH. So it's gonna be KH.

• Options
    Tomorrow's multiplayer is Garuda (HEEHEE haha HEEE!!!):

Notes:
    • Elements: Normal ALL
    • Status Effects: None
    • Attacks: (Phase 1) ST PHY, AOE PHY wind, RT PHY 2-hit, (Phase 2/3/5) AOE NAT piercing magical wind, (Phase 5 Entry) AOE NAT fixed based on # plumes defeated
    • AI Notes: Defeat the Razor Plumes before they can use Feather Lance and suicide and damage the pillar.

What to bring:
    • Wall, Protect, both Breaks (skip Shell)
    • Optional Guts as insurance if you mess up killing the Plumes in time
    • Optional Drawtaliate
    • Some consistent strong form of AOE damage for the Plumes. Summoners are a good bet as are finally some of those weirdo USBs that have AOE chases (CoD USB+LD etc)
    • Otherwise/in addition, coordinate your favorite element and grab a Chain and Imperil and go crazy

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Heh. For the first time in ever, I need to make a banner decision with no knowledge of what an upcoming banner will actually contain. I would like to draw for something in XIV, but that comes at the expense of being able to draw more than once on KH. Considering how unlikely it is that we'll see another event for these characters any time soon, I'm worried about pulling once and just getting, like, an LMR for Sora that isn't useful without other relics. Though I suppose two bites at the apple isn't much better, but still.

And it now occurs to me that
    I'd have a third pull I could put in this decision, if I hadn't drawn on that dungeon update banner. I think I may need to stop doing those.

Enlong on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I'm hoping one of the KH characters has Support 5 and an IC3 + Haste LM2, to make up for Morrow.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I sincerely doubt that will happen

• Options
    I would more imagine that Sora's legend dive will capstone with Dualcast Holy, and Riku's with Dualcast Dark.

I could see Sora with Support, though. That said, if we were adding more characters from KH, I'd give Support 5 to Goofy. I still remember how good MP Gift was, and Entrust is the closest approximation to that in FFRK.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Enlong wrote: »
    I would more imagine that Sora's legend dive will capstone with Dualcast Holy, and Riku's with Dualcast Dark.

I could see Sora with Support, though. That said, if we were adding more characters from KH, I'd give Support 5 to Goofy. I still remember how good MP Gift was, and Entrust is the closest approximation to that in FFRK.

I doubt we'd be getting actual Disney characters like Goofy.

More than likely any characters beyond Sora and Riku would by KH originals, like Kairi, Namine, Roxas, the Organization members, etc.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    MOTHERFUCKING JET FIRE!

That is all.

• Options
    Also if you bring in the BBS main characters, you can separate their specialties pretty easily. All of them get 5* Combat, but in addition:
    Terra gets 5* Knight and earth SBs
    Ventus gets 5* Celerity and wind SBs
    Aqua gets 5* Spellblade and water SBs

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Stilts wrote: »
    Also if you bring in the BBS main characters, you can separate their specialties pretty easily. All of them get 5* Combat, but in addition:
    Terra gets 5* Knight and earth SBs
    Ventus gets 5* Celerity and wind SBs
    Aqua gets 5* Spellblade and water SBs

Since FFRK is super sexist, I'm sure Aqua will be the designated realm caster (BLK/WHT 5*).

E: Also no way in hell Disney licenses its own characters.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    I imagine Aqua would also have high access to Black, White, and Witch abilities, and possibly soul breaks that, in the style of Vayne, can be either physical or magical damage.

Strangely enough, almost all water SBs for Aqua would have to be invented; she actually only has one Water ability in her own game.

• Options
    MOTHERFUCKING JET FIRE!

That is all.

Bismarck is instant cast

She savage jet fires at 19 seconds

You're welcome

• Options
    *grumbles something about Ysayle's MC3 not being available yet*

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Up to 50 again. Pulling on the FFXIV banner 1. No regerts.

2/11

Caller's Himation (Alphinaud LMR)
    Veil of Wiyu (Alphinaud BSB)

!!!

Alright, I'll take that!

Enlong on
  • Options
    Managed to finally repeat my kill of Tiamat

34 seconds and that is never a pretty clear

Squall/Rinoa/Lulu/Onion/Eiko

Leaned hard on Eikos USB trance and LMR

• Options
    Oh I did it! Sub 30 Tiamat

This has been my white whale for a month now

Turns out the missing piece of the puzzle was none other than Laguna with his USB (4* dive)

Squall BSB2 LMR LM2 snowspell spam into BSB2 into w cast lowen roar (gathering storm)
    Laguna USB Icicle Shot/Freezing Snipe (ace striker)
    Rinoa CSB chain blizzaga/Valigarmanda (Dr Mog)
    Onion Knight pUSB/BSB LMR LM1 chain blizzaga/protectga (Mako Might)
    Eiko USB LMR LM2 Curada/shellga (battleforged)

The damage of everyone other than Squall didn't really matter as long as he never got absorb strengthed

28 second clear with a moderate amount of w cast lowen roar luck so I can pretty confidently replicate this

• Options
    Intriguing. I can't swing that exact team, but the important ones are Squall and Rinoa, and I can figure out how to swing a variant of their supporters, I think.

• Options
    It pleases my brain that I ended up using the dad son and gf VIII squad

• Options
    edited February 2018
    3 Loves: Ysayle USB, Yda USB, Ysayle BSB
    2 Likes: Ysayle LMR, Ysayle SSB
    7 Meh: Cid USB, Potato OSB, Cid BSB, Yda BSB, Y'sh LMR, Cid LMR, Potato LMR
    0 Dupes: --

Fingers crossed. Been chomping at the bit waiting for this one. Kind of a dangerous set of pulls, honestly, look at that, but c'est la vie.

Pull 1:
    bFiRhCgl.png

!!!

I am 100% okay with that.

1/11: Ysayle USB

2 Loves, 2 Likes, 7 Meh, 1 Dupe

Pull 2:
    3xR9lWRl.png

Oh my. But I've been burned on that kind of thing before, so not getting my hopes up.

EpAuM9Zl.png

*jaw drops*

Uh. Um. Yeah, I'm done. I was planning to go into gems at this point but...yep.

4/11: Papalymo OSB, Yda USB, Ysayle BSB, Yda BSB

0 Loves, 2 Likes, 5 Meh, 5 Dupes

Summary:
    1/11: Ysayle USB
    4/11: Papalymo OSB, Yda USB, Ysayle BSB, Yda BSB

I'm kind of astounded. This is finally basically a perfect set of pulls that I have no complaints about.

Wow.

And so...
    vvoNlptl.pngbTfSFizl.pngqiSonaul.png

No regrets, this was the only path, etc...

(remind me of this post when I complain about getting good relics but not being able to clear stuff and someone has to point out again I pull for waifus, not pure power)

Also I might dive Yda now? She's actually my #1 favorite FFXIV character but her stuff was so trash before but now there's that brand new USB...but I already have a lot invested into Refia...and I don't really need more fire...and I'd have to hone a crapton of Fires Within to support her...not even sure adding her and going full physical would do better than Terra's crazy damage. Hrm.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    And bonus post, the Multiplayer A+ with @Frosteey @IceBurner and @Javen

https://youtu.be/ZavtRRrT_ME

Featuring Ysayle's brand new relics (who I actually didn't LD prior to the above since I was already being slow and making everyone wait)

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Amazing, Spectrum.

Now go take revenge on Ravana.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Bonus bonus post: Kaiser Knuckles Zeta!

DIA0W74.png

That's a pretty decent rendition in this game!
    Amazing, Spectrum.

Now go take revenge on Ravana.
    I don't want to talk about how many times Ravana (and Titan) have punted me off their stupid arenas.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I need more MMO fights in my life that are as frustratingly fun as Titan EX and Thordan EX.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

This discussion has been closed.