As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Achievement Unlocked] Bleep Bloop

1171819202123»

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    cckerberos wrote: »
    Ghostwire: Tokyo (PS5) - Mediocre combat and a collectathon worthy of Ubisoft, but I still really enjoyed it. It did a really impressive job recreating part of Tokyo. The free roguelike DLC isn't bad, but it's very time intensive and starts off slow (you can also really screw yourself by not taking notes of where you picked up cats as you went).

Final Fantasy VII (PS4) - I've been thinking of playing Remake soon and wanted to replay the original to refresh my 20 year old memories. Following a guide, this was actually pretty quick as the game has been busted wide open over the years.

Haven (PS4) - Short little fairly stylish exploration game I played because it was leaving PS+. Fun, but there really wasn't all that much there.

Pacific Drive (PS5) - This was discussed in the PS thread, but I'm all the more convinced that - despite having the trappings - this game isn't a roguelike. A big reason is that while the game does a very good job of making you *feel* like you're in danger, you're actually not. Deaths are actually really rare. Still, it's a lot of fun and I'm glad I broke my usual "no brand new games" policy for it.

Days Gone (PS4) - Fun game that doesn't really break the mold. I'd heard horror stories about the Challenges DLC for years, but it wasn't that bad. Some were pretty fun. I've gotten the platinum but am now putting myself through NG+ on the hardest difficulty to get the 100%.

In the PlayStation thread it seemed like survival crafting might have been the more accurate label for Pacific Drive, do you concur?

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    cckerberos wrote: »
    Ghostwire: Tokyo (PS5) - Mediocre combat and a collectathon worthy of Ubisoft, but I still really enjoyed it. It did a really impressive job recreating part of Tokyo. The free roguelike DLC isn't bad, but it's very time intensive and starts off slow (you can also really screw yourself by not taking notes of where you picked up cats as you went).

Final Fantasy VII (PS4) - I've been thinking of playing Remake soon and wanted to replay the original to refresh my 20 year old memories. Following a guide, this was actually pretty quick as the game has been busted wide open over the years.

Haven (PS4) - Short little fairly stylish exploration game I played because it was leaving PS+. Fun, but there really wasn't all that much there.

Pacific Drive (PS5) - This was discussed in the PS thread, but I'm all the more convinced that - despite having the trappings - this game isn't a roguelike. A big reason is that while the game does a very good job of making you *feel* like you're in danger, you're actually not. Deaths are actually really rare. Still, it's a lot of fun and I'm glad I broke my usual "no brand new games" policy for it.

Days Gone (PS4) - Fun game that doesn't really break the mold. I'd heard horror stories about the Challenges DLC for years, but it wasn't that bad. Some were pretty fun. I've gotten the platinum but am now putting myself through NG+ on the hardest difficulty to get the 100%.

In the PlayStation thread it seemed like survival crafting might have been the more accurate label for Pacific Drive, do you concur?

Yes, though the survival aspect kind of falls away as you build up a stockpile.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I recently picked up Final Fantasy VII Remake on PC. Late to the party, I know. As a primarily Xbox player I don't hold Steam achievements in the same regard as Xbox achievements, but Remake was so good I wanted the full completion.

The achievements are mostly straightforward enough. Hard mode was intimidating but surprisingly fun. The super bosses in the combat simulator were quite difficult though.

The most annoying achievement is getting all of the dresses, since that requires recompleting multiple chapters three times with varying levels of side quest completion.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited April 1
    Locked out of the platinum trophy for Last Faith due to two spells completely disappearing for no reason.

Of course I only notice this at the very end of the game.

On PS5/Xbox if you upgrade the magic item lady shop with livers (you'll know) it will erase the previous spells in her inventory. Buy ALL spells before upgrading.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Locked out of the platinum trophy for Last Faith due to two spells completely disappearing for no reason.

Of course I only notice this at the very end of the game.

On PS5/Xbox if you upgrade the magic item lady shop with livers (you'll know) it will erase the previous spells in her inventory. Buy ALL spells before upgrading.

Trophy bugs are my biggest fear in games. Only had it happen once, but it was still really shitty to get every trophy but one.

• Options
    Unicorn Overlord done. Damn that was enjoyable. No missable trophies, no bullshit grind, just play the game and enjoy yourself. Next up is Dragons Dogma 2. Going to spend an hour or two tomorrow setting up my Arisen and pawn. Large muscular woman and twink pawn dude.

• Options
    furlion wrote: »
    Unicorn Overlord done. Damn that was enjoyable. No missable trophies, no bullshit grind, just play the game and enjoy yourself. Next up is Dragons Dogma 2. Going to spend an hour or two tomorrow setting up my Arisen and pawn. Large muscular woman and twink pawn dude.

Speaking of bullshit missable trophies...

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Botany Manor is a simple little puzzle game that I stretched out over a few days. I was originally planning to use it as a "get one achievement a day" farm for Game Pass points, but it was enjoyable enough that I blew through the last chapter and cleared out the remaining secrets I'd been missing in one go.

36 cheevos, 1000 points, no hassle, no gameplay issues, and only one of the plants gave me the slightest trouble in figuring out what it wanted from me. I highly recommend it.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I had been keeping an eye on that one. The gameplay looked really fun and chill. Hopefully it goes on sale soon.

Right now I'm working on a few games simultaniously:

Final Fantasy VII Rebirt - Just need to finish hard mode and the brutal challenges.
    Tunic - Enjoying this one so far. Love the old school Zelda gameplay.
    Dave the Diver - This is probably one of the best games I've played this year. Can't wait to get the plat for it.
    Legend of Dragoon - Old school PS1 RPG that I loved when I was younger...but since have learned that these games haven't aged well and are super slow. The writing is so much worse than I remember as well. Oh we'll it'll be nice to have worked through it again.

I'll be happy to have these done and behind me as I don't do well having too many games on my plate at once. :neutral:

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Three more platinums:

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS4) - Such a weird game. I played it back on the PS3 and decided to dig the PS4 expanded version out of the backlog since Dragon's Dogma 2 just came out.

The Sinking City (PS4) - I didn't realize going in that this was less an RPG and more of a detective game, but I found it quite enjoyable. The combat is very weak which makes the game suffer early on, but it isn't enough to ruin the game. Lots of missable trophies, but it's generally pretty obvious when you need to make a save to get both endings for a quest.

Dave the Diver (PS5) - Fun game, though at times it seems like there's a little too much game there, since it continues to throw new mechanics and minigames at you for all of its 30+ hours. In all, it was a much more focused experience than I was expecting. A few of the trophies are grindy, but they could have been much worse (like requiring you to 100% the fish list, for example).

In the meantime, I've been plugging away at Helldivers 2 and only have two trophies left. I've been playing solo for about 70% of the time, and the game has been a lot more solo-friendly than I was expecting.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    edited April 23
    I am also working on Dave the Diver right now. My main problem is how boring the little fish raising minigame thing is. It's just... boring. Thankfully I think I only need to do 5 and then that's done at least. The only other grindy looking trophy is the "Sell 200 minerals one". Depending on how long it's going to take to do the fish tamagotchi will be what determines the platinum time I think, as I have mostly every other trophy now.

I should have the Platinum Trophy for Forgive Me Father soon as well, which is well worth playing if you want a fun oldschool shoot em up. I recommend the Priest because I swear the journalists VA is drunk or high or both the entire time.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    How grindy selling 200 items is will depend on whether you've been picking up starfish, sea shells, and crafting materials as you played. He's willing to buy a lot of stuff, so if you have, it's a quick trophy to get.

IIRC each fish tamagotchi takes 4 days to do. That and the 5 FishMon were my last trophies.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    edited April 23
    Wait, it counts your starfish and seashells as well? I thought it was only minerals. That's really trivial in that case.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    The trophy is for selling 200 "items." Everything counts.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    I'm tenetively going for the Eiyuden Chronicles Hundred Heroes plat, but I'm almost certain I'm gonna mess it up. One of the trophies is for getting every chest in the game and another is for recruiting every character. I'm hoping I can scrape my way to getting both of them, but probably gonna be kinda tricky without a guide. People are putting together a recruitment guide at least.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    That is one of the plats I'd like to do this year, but I'm waiting for a bit so I can get a good recruitment guide to work from. Hopefully the chests are not missable..I hate when they do a lot of missables in RPGs.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I recently played through Assassin's Creed Mirage, which was a refreshing, fun, and most importantly breezy time after the mammoth games of the "modern" trilogy preceding it. Valhalla is still the only mainline AC game I haven't 100%.

I also rushed through Ravenlok and Pikuniku as those were both leaving Game Pass. Ravenlok is straightforward but forgettable. Pikuniku has some frustrating minigame related achievements.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    That is one of the plats I'd like to do this year, but I'm waiting for a bit so I can get a good recruitment guide to work from. Hopefully the chests are not missable..I hate when they do a lot of missables in RPGs.

People are putting together a recruitment guide in realtime, so that's nice. Even formatted it in a nice relatively spoiler free format:
    https://eiyuden.wiki.gg/wiki/Recruitment_guide

Though I guess there are a couple other sites putting them together as well.

Stabbity_Style.png