As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Giant Bomb Thread

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Crono never goes Super Saiyan

He does die and get resurrected though.

Lucca seems a lot like Bulma

• Options
    You know what was a good anime this year?

Devilman Crybaby

I'm a big Go Nagai fan but I still thought it was fantastic. Music was great, the characterization was great, and I love that one of my friends who was watching it with me described Ryo as "that Griffith looking motherfucker" one episode in.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I only got a few episodes into the Universal Survival Saga but the best metatextual thing about Super is
    that the literal gods of the DBZ universe, the beings who decide who and what exists on a whim, are two horrible little children who like to watch awesome fights i.e. the DBZ target audience.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Crono never goes Super Saiyan

Isn't Luminaire basically the Spirit Bomb

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

Devilman Crybaby

I'm a big Go Nagai fan but I still thought it was fantastic. Music was great, the characterization was great, and I love that one of my friends who was watching it with me described Ryo as "that Griffith looking motherfucker" one episode in.

rip this thread

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

Devilman Crybaby

rip this thread

Yeah, we should probably keep anime discussion limited solely to DBZ, I think.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    *salts the earth and slowly backs out of the thread*

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I haven't dipped my toe in anything Giant Bomb related in a year now, what's the thread up to.....

Ok yeah, Piccolo and Great Saiyaman are the best

• Options
    This is how the Giant Bomb thread ends

Not with a bang, but with an "uguu"

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    nani?

Xehalus on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Crono always seemed more Gohan than Goku to me. And Marle is more Bulma than Lucca as far as looks go.

But Robo and Frog are the best designs by far.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Which Android is Robo?

• Options
    I've been getting into a bit of Shokugeki no Souma lately as well. It's a big, dumb, over the top shonen series all about cooking. Some great reaction shots and everyone gets real serious about what type of wood someone would use to smoke meat.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I watched Attack on Titan all at once with a fever one time

That shows not very good I don't think probably

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Watch Legend of Galactic Heroes

Watch Ping Pong The Animation

Anime is for jerks

• Options
    Legend of Galactic Heroes is so good

Just all these cool looking people talking all serious about space war for hundreds of episodes

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Which Android is Robo?

• Options
    Which Android is Robo?

Is Ayla Android 18 or one of the lady Saiyans, and is Magus Vegeta

• Options
    Which Android is Robo?

Man Toriyama robots are the best.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    akira toriyama draws the best vehicles

chronotrigger_vehicle_jetbike.jpg
    DFmsok1XYAA6lT-.jpg
    mr_ho001-1024x961.jpg
    sandland-1.jpg

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Hey! Hotlinking is EVIL!

• Options
    Hey! Hotlinking is EVIL!

aw beans

well i don't care enough to rehost you can GIS "akira toriyama vehicles" yourselves

• Options
    edited February 2018
    hey shut up about dragon ball Patrick is streaming a game called Remothered: Tormented Fathers and five minutes in it's AMAZING:

the second line in the game contains the word "lepodopterans"

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    This is how the Giant Bomb thread ends

Not with a bang, but with an "uguu"

it was going to end at 100 pages anyway until next game of the year season though
    assuming we don't all get banned at the end

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    as a word of warning to folks, if i'm remembering correctly

that game's got a healthy amount of old man butt in it so uh, might want to be careful about streaming that

• Options
    Everyone banned

No moral!

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Daypigeon wrote: »

that game's got a healthy amount of old man butt in it so uh, might want to be careful about streaming that

Is this really a warning, or a recommendation?

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

Devilman Crybaby

rip this thread

Yeah, we should probably keep anime discussion limited solely to DBZ, I think.

Frankly even that...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    Daypigeon wrote: »

Is this really a warning, or a recommendation?

look i'm not gonna judge either way

but it's noon on the east coast and i'm just saying some people, tragically, might be in a place where butts are discouraged

• Options
    Oh page 100...I need that Dr Who gif for this moment

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Legend of Galactic Heroes is that anime Rob Zacny and Austin Walker keep tweeting about, right?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Oh page 100...I need that Dr Who gif for this moment

giphy.gif

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Legend of Galactic Heroes is that anime Rob Zacny and Austin Walker keep tweeting about, right?

Yes. And it's fantastic.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    page 99...

DROP A BOMB ON IT

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I give this thread about... 5 minutes until it explodes, killing all of you. Luckily I can survive in the vacuum of the forum index.

Hmm this thread's a tough old girl, but I definitely give it about 2 minutes left until it explodes. For real.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    God I completely forgot about Akira Toriyama's Sand Land. I don't know if it's nostalgia for the brief period where American Shonen Jump existed or if it was actually good, but I LOVE his art in that.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Options
    That Garfield game is gonna pop up on the Old Game of 2018 list, and I will not know if it's done tongue-in-cheek or not.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    That Garfield game is gonna pop up on the Old Game of 2018 list, and I will not know if it's done tongue-in-cheek or not.

But it's Best Old Game.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
This discussion has been closed.