As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Black Mirror Season 4 is out

TubeTube Registered User admin
I am watching it. Episode 1 is good. Episode 2 is bad. Episode 3 is good but dammit
it should have just been a regular ass baby camera that got her.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I have not watched Black Mirror at all, in fact I haven't used Netflix in a while at all?

Tube is Black Mirror Spooky? I think I might check it out tonight.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    I need a complete list of which episodes of season 3 and 4 to watch/skip. I hate watching an hour and a half episode of this to find out it wasn't worth it.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    I finished up the new episodes last night, I think my favourite was the first one. The way they just flipped it in the first 15 minutes or so was really great. I think my least favourite was Black Museum because it was just a little eh, and Metalhead was close behind it since it was very barebones and dragged on a little. I get what they were going for though. I really loved the ending to Crocodile though, that shot lingered just long enough.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Near the end of the Trek episode, did anyone kinda chuckle when
    The hail was Aaron Paul? all my brain could think was Todd from Bojack.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    what if cell phones but too much

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    This was my favorite season of Black Mirror.

Theme spoiler's
    Although I have to admit it has far, far less of it's signature cruelty without catharsis. I mean there was a whopping two episodes with a fuck yeah ending!

Complete spoilers(past and present.)
    The first episode is my favorite in the series, squeaking San Junipero. Fuck it I'll justy rank them.

1. USS Callister
    2. San Junipero
    3. The Entire History of You
    4. 15 Million Merits
    5. White Christmas
    5b. Men against Fire

Like, you could take away the falsetto Star Trek theme and set that in any sort of virtual world and it would have been fuckin gold. All the performances were brilliant.

The whole season was pretty damn fire.

@Tube 's Spoiler.
    I liked the dumb memory payoff with the Guinea Pig breaking her completely fucking absurd kill streak. I think throwing in that the kid was blind was a little too much "WHY ARE WE HERE SNAKE, JUST TO SUFFER?" though

Transporter on
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    I need a complete list of which episodes of season 3 and 4 to watch/skip. I hate watching an hour and a half episode of this to find out it wasn't worth it.

You’ll watch em all and you’ll like it.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    SenorTacos wrote: »

what if black mirror, but too much

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    What if that one Mallory Ortberg joke, but too much, over and over and over again across social media

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    All the Black Mirror hot takes are cold we did them last season please go away

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I mean I think we did them for season 1 too

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    SenorTacos wrote: »

Yeah, they also included the 'what if phones but too much' line in the S3 finale on a computer screen

so that take is kind of

it's not even hot, it's a take the show did at itself.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Anyway, episode 1 was really good, Jess Plemons is great in everything he's in, this isn't a show I want to blitz through but I'm looking forward to the rest of the episodes, thank you and good night.

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Ep 3 left me feeling very uneasy
    It was bad enough what she did to the mom and dad but the baby too?
    That and I have clear memories of my son chatting and standing at the side of the crib waiting.

As a parent herself, how could she hurt a baby

Gonna be in my head for a long time

So far, i've been satisfied with the new season, 3 eps in.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I like Black Mirror in the way I like EC Horror Comics. I generally know exactly how it will play out. But it’s well put together and I can hear the writers snickering throughout.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    They should do a stone age episode where people are having their lives turned all upside-down when shit like the wheel is invented.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    They should do a stone age episode where people are having their lives turned all upside-down when shit like the wheel is invented.

That’s a really good pitch actually

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    They should do an episode that is just completely lighthearted and uplifting all the way through, with no twist or anything.

I assure you I will be tense as hell for the entire thing.

• Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Best line:
    Oh my fuck!

Episode 1 is great. Episode 2 is alright but predictable. Episode 3 is... not my bag.

Number One Tricky
  • Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    Black Mirror is one of those shows that I think is very good but the experience of watching it is, for me personally, absolutely so excruciating that I need like multiple months between individual episodes.

I haven't watched an episode in like eight months and still when I see it show up in my Netflix recommendations I'm just like man that is too much right now.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Ladai wrote: »
    Black Mirror is one of those shows that I think is very good but the experience of watching it is, for me personally, absolutely so excruciating that I need like multiple months between individual episodes.

I haven't watched an episode in like eight months and still when I see it show up in my Netflix recommendations I'm just like man that is too much right now.

Season 4 is way lighter than previous seasons.

2 and 3 are the only real SADNESS ENGINE episodes with an honorable mention to 5.

The first episode I argue is the best Black Mirror episode ever though.

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Episode 1 really made me uneasy when the conceit first started going, but by the end of it I thought it was kind of goofy.

That initial "oh my fuck, that's what's happening" reveal was really dark, though

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Funny, I thought is was season 4.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »

Mitchell and Webb got you covered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyu4u3VZYaQ

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Gustav wrote: »

Mitchell and Webb got you covered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyu4u3VZYaQ

oh god damn it I came here to post this

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Crocodile spoiler:
    I would've gotten away with it if it weren't for those pesky guinea pigs!

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    M+W are my heroes. I watched Back over Xmas break and it was very good.

• Options
    Episode 1 really made me uneasy when the conceit first started going, but by the end of it I thought it was kind of goofy.

That initial "oh my fuck, that's what's happening" reveal was really dark, though

Coincidentally “oh my fuck” is my favorite quote from the episode.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I'm on Arkangel.

Not even ten minutes in and I'm *really* not okay with this. :?

edit: Fuck it, I'm skipping it. This shit is a trigger of mine. I don't need that in my life right now.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Black Mirror is a show I like to read the wikipedia synopses of and then never watch.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i watched the first three episodes of the new season, and I don't think i liek black mirror. Glad people are liking it, the one about the english PM was worth watching.

• Options
    Goatmon wrote: »
    I'm on Arkangel.

edit: Fuck it, I'm skipping it. This shit is a trigger of mine. I don't need that in my life right now.

It’s a bad episode anyway

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    Goatmon wrote: »
    I'm on Arkangel.

It’s a bad episode anyway

It’s just helicopter parenting for generation after-Y.

My friends with kids are basically already living it.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    So a friend and I decided to welcome the new year with a dose of Black Mirror. She's a huge fan. I hadn't seen season 3 yet but decided to watch season 4 with her anyway. We ended up skipping around between seasons. S4E1 was a lot of fun.
    I love how it turns into a legitimately entertaining episode of Star Trek by the end. The insane amount of lens flare when they make it to the new universe was a funny little touch too.

We then saw two Season 3 episodes - Nosedive and Playtest. Nosedive's world is my personal nightmare so thank you very much for that, Black Mirror. Playtest just wasn't very good. It has three separate endings and by the end, I was rolling my eyes. My friend had also told me that it was a terrifying episode... which it wasn't.

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    Binge watched the whole of season 4 in a day, really liked the USS Callister and Don't Hang the DJ, wasn't too keen on Crocodile and thought Metalhead was the worst episode by far.

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Hang the DJ is my favourite so far.

Metalhead next and from what I've read it's the most divisive episode of the season.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    oe-paterno-is-in-hell-nicemuscles-black-mirror-is-written-29900693.png

Beasteh on
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    so real question

how much of a downer is this show? particularly for someone who works in tech? I've been kinda interested in checking this out but I'm also not really that keen on yet another show that posits that the future and technology will be awful and disturbing. At least not at the moment!

Anzekay on
  • Options
    It's more about how people can misuse technology. It's not always a downer but don't watch it if you don't want downers.