Options

King Gizzard and the Lizard [chat]

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    The Adam Sandler movies had decent real estate on Netflix. Throw in a big budget movie with Will Smith and the proles will eat it right up, good or bad.

There will be a Bright 3

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    tumblr_p1hmw7E3iW1tzofdno1_540.jpg

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I don't know that Shadowrun could be done well in a film, as a serious sci-fi thing at least. It's such a wacky, gonzo concept. I think it would look a lot dumber on screen than it feels in games.

I don't know about this; Bright really was only a stone's throw away from being Shadowrun, at least in terms of suspension of disbelief, and the dumbest parts of Bright were less the fantastic elements and more the awkward commentary on discrimination.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Actually that's a good test, where does Bright stand in relation with the D&D movies?

better made than any of them, it has less heart than the second one (which had a budget of $4) but obviously vastly superior production values and mostly better acting

it's more along the lines of the hobbit movies in terms of quality though, you can't really compare the D&D films to it in that regard

I'd put it slightly above the first D&D movie for enjoyment value (which is a -1 but gains 7 points from Jeremy Irons eating the scenery)

override367 on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    @cptrugged

I'm glad you made a connection; it's even cooler that it is with somebody who knows your insecurities and accepts you anyway.

If you ever want my perspective on the scene, lemme know. I'm happy to mansplain.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Was there a physical copy of Undertale?

According to Amazon, yes, but I suppose it might not be a legit copy.

https://www.fangamer.com/products/undertale-ps4-vita

This is where you buy it, not amazon.

amazon has insane markup and this is the only legit distributor.
    P10 wrote: »
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Was there a physical copy of Undertale?

According to Amazon, yes, but I suppose it might not be a legit copy.
    there were physical copy releases by fangamer to go along with undertale's ps4 release

AHHHH

THANK YOU

NOW I HAVE IT ORDERED

<3

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Actually that's a good test, where does Bright stand in relation with the D&D movies?

Nothing can beat the incredible cinematic quality of the Dungeons and Dragons 2000 movie.

I watched the Warcraft movie a few weeks ago for bad movie night. Every minute felt like 2 minutes. It just wouldn't end. Then I guess the CGI budget ran out.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Burnage wrote: »
    I don't know that Shadowrun could be done well in a film, as a serious sci-fi thing at least. It's such a wacky, gonzo concept. I think it would look a lot dumber on screen than it feels in games.

I don't know about this; Bright really was only a stone's throw away from being Shadowrun, at least in terms of suspension of disbelief, and the dumbest parts of Bright were less the fantastic elements and more the awkward commentary on discrimination.

Bright 2 would honestly be more enjoyable if it stopped trying to make social commentary and focused more on the world and worldbuilding. I don't really want it to necessarily be another cop movie.

Shit they could do EVERY tropey genre

Give us a hospital drama in a magical world, do the next one about an alcoholic airline pilot, and then a war movie

override367 on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    It's a collector's edition thing. Comes with soundtrack, artbook, heart locket that plays music. Fangamer says it's $64

Yeah. It is not really a limited release. Amazon is full of it.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Bright was. . .less terrible than the internet had led me to believe. With basically no expectations it was an alright time. Only found out about the screenwriter's skeeviness afterwards, but anyway I'm not yet sure how committed I am to boycutting in these kinds of situations. In general I am pretty sceptical of the idea of political consumption (or whatever it's called in English, this is a literal translation of the Danish phrase)

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    The people selling the physical copy on Amazon are the resellers fyi. I had a buddy of mine say he was thinking about investing into after watching youtubes etc. I told him that it would be rough and the market is so much more bloated than when the people who made millions off of it started.

At least he is only going to invest his bonus he gets from comcast.

• Options
    I heard Bright was very very bad but it also has major real estate on the app.

https://youtu.be/yNxPVj0hejg

• Options
    If they ever make a Shadowrun movie I bet it will suck and be called bright

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Feral wrote: »
    cptrugged

I'm glad you made a connection; it's even cooler that it is with somebody who knows your insecurities and accepts you anyway.

If you ever want my perspective on the scene, lemme know. I'm happy to mansplain.

I basically want your perspective on all scenes

Also and unrelatedly: now that wedding date is set, am nervous

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Schools are closing early here and looks like we're getting snow tonight uuuuuuuuuuuugh

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Ethical consumption is impossible in capitalism. I also don't think the punishment can come from consumers anyways, it has to come from the industry. Are you, the consumer, boycotting because you hate the writer? The director? The lead actor? The key grip? The CGI studio that's overworking and underpaying its workers?

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    SOUTH CAROLINA

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

better made than any of them, it has less heart than the second one (which had a budget of $4) but obviously vastly superior production values and mostly better acting

it's more along the lines of the hobbit movies in terms of quality though, you can't really compare the D&D films to it in that regard

I'd put it slightly above the first D&D movie for enjoyment value (which is a -1 but gains 7 points from Jeremy Irons eating the scenery)

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/d/d8/D&D_Jeremy_Irons_Over_the_top.gif/revision/latest?cb=20150308201121

I had to link it because it was waaaay too big to post, but this is why the first D&D movie will always be the best

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    -cptrugged

Thanks Feral! You've always been a good and open resource. Honestly, it wasn't so much about the scene as my long time friend being involved and my sudden proximity to it. At the same time I didn't want to come off prudish while also wanting to not go to far ya'know.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    "boycutting": much more threatening than boycotting

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular

It would do fairly well without the technomagic. Without that, a Shadowrun Run is basically a Sci-Fi Oceans 11. A bunch of outcasts have a plan to rob a megacorp. It goes pearshaped but it saved by some clutch backup plan.
    With the magic, it becomes a tougher sell I think, asking people to buy into a lot.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Burnage wrote: »

Bright 2 would honestly be more enjoyable if it stopped trying to make social commentary and focused more on the world and worldbuilding. I don't really want it to necessarily be another cop movie.

Shit they could do EVERY tropey genre

Give us a hospital drama in a magical world, do the next one about an alcoholic airline pilot, and then a war movie
    It totes could be a buddy cop movie and work. just no social commentary. It's not needed.
    Think the Last Boyscout in a Shadowrun setting.

zepherin on
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Ethical consumption is impossible in capitalism. I also don't think the punishment can come from consumers anyways, it has to come from the industry. Are you, the consumer, boycotting because you hate the writer? The director? The lead actor? The key grip? The CGI studio that's overworking and underpaying its workers?

this is kind of what I was working towards but I don't always want to start the conversation by flopping my big anarcho-communist dick on the table and start reciting the Bread Book from memory

• Options
    Undertale is def gonna be the best birthday present for my gf EVER that I bought for her for her birthday this year

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Schools are closing early here and looks like we're getting snow tonight uuuuuuuuuuuugh

Oh! Maybe I'm getting a snow da-
    *checks weather*
    50s and sunny all week

It's supposed to snow in Colorado!

I feel betrayed.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I almost watched Bright but then I noticed it was made by a company calling itself Trigger Warning and decided naw.

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »
    cptrugged

I awesomed this for the date being set not the nervous part

Which I guess could be assumed but

Anyway, congrats! :)

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I think my favorite part of the a Shadowrun movie would be the hoopin and hollerin in the movie theatre on the rez here when it gets to the part that natives took back the US by force.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Shadowrun without magic isn't Shadowrun. It's just classic cyberpunk.

(Agreed the magic is the part that is silly and hard to make work, of course. It's hard enough just in a work of fantasy, let alone a genre mashup)

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »
    cptrugged

I awesomed this for the date being set not the nervous part

Which I guess could be assumed but

Anyway, congrats! :)

Thanks! It's just such a big thing, it is very stressful, even if I'm also very excited.

• Options
    syndalis wrote: »

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/d/d8/D&D_Jeremy_Irons_Over_the_top.gif/revision/latest?cb=20150308201121

I had to link it because it was waaaay too big to post, but this is why the first D&D movie will always be the best

I ensmallened the gif so that it can be inlined

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

*checks weather*
    50s and sunny all week

I feel betrayed.

All of the energy is being sucked into the polar vortex spirit bomb

• Options
    Shadowrun is a documentary

• Options
    Magic is real

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »

*checks weather*
    50s and sunny all week

I feel betrayed.

There is, I kid you not, a 'bomb cyclone' in the northeast and I guess it's shitty enough it's going to affect all they way down to Florida? https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2018/01/02/monster-storm-to-blast-east-coast-before-polar-vortex-uncorks-tremendous-cold-late-this-week/

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    The main problem shadowrun as a setting has it that is every trope into a blender.
    There's samurai and vampires and shamans and wizards and hackers and magical hackers and trolls and orcs and dwarves and drones and elves and cyborgs and dragons and ghouls.
    Little of that is at the core of the cyberdystopia, about anarchocapitalism gone wild. It's just a 100 ways to be a Cool Rebel.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Oooh, up to over 200 minutes of viewing of my vids in the last 28 days. Making gains. <3

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    If they make a shadowrun film it should labour heavily the connections to Earthdawn, despite nobody knowing what Earthdawn was

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Jeremy Irons doesn't even know what was going on in those scenes, they just told him to go nuts

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    jakobagger wrote: »
    @jakobagger oh no I’m sorry! I had a six hour layover. Already back in Germany. ):

No worries. Did you get to the see any of the city at all? I can highly recommend it, maybe as a weekend trip.

But I mean, Kastrup is also pretty nice as airports go.
    I tried to. Went to the harbor. But it was raining so badly that I went back to the airport and lived in the space mall for a few hours.

This discussion has been closed.