Options

King Gizzard and the Lizard [chat]

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Ludious wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I want to do an asynchronous D&D D&D where I DM a game and everyone posts what they want to do

Arch did this once and if I recall correctly I ended up in a gay insect harem.

swap the s and the c and you got a stew going, baby

This is how most social insects work, iirc, so

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    If I could be a superhero, my power would be to take over the world

Neco on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    JebusUD wrote: »
    I remember seeing Mornington Crescent but I never played. I miss D&D phallus.

I ran a forum game in SE ++ I called RAM earlier this year that was basically drawing things in MS paint strictly from memory. Mostly logos. I wanted to ask people to draw the back of a dollar bill but we had a bunch of international players and that would hardly be fair.

Perhaps I'll run some more rounds. I got busy and couldn't keep doing it, but now I could probably do some more. Y'all should come play when I do.

I sorely miss D&D Phalla

Traffic is low, though, I'm not sure I could get 20 players if I started one...

Haha the autocorrect. Trying to get that internet D.

Is it that slow in D&D?

I remember chat seeming to go so fast back in the day you couldn't keep up at all.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

I think you should remain Galadriel and fade into the west

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

I ran a forum game in SE ++ I called RAM earlier this year that was basically drawing things in MS paint strictly from memory. Mostly logos. I wanted to ask people to draw the back of a dollar bill but we had a bunch of international players and that would hardly be fair.

Perhaps I'll run some more rounds. I got busy and couldn't keep doing it, but now I could probably do some more. Y'all should come play when I do.

I sorely miss D&D Phalla

Is it that slow in D&D?

I remember chat seeming to go so fast back in the day you couldn't keep up at all.

I don't think D&D chat ever moved at that pace, it got a bit of a bump when the G&T chat was closed, but G&T chat would whizz by. Pages per minute. Nothing but anime screencaps.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    There was a Star Trek episode where a woman's face was wished off.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    racism should only be explained through extensive, thoroughly annotated theses written by people of the correct skin color.

Or tumblr posts, obviously.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    As a white man I usually stay out of it and let other people talk about racism. Seems safer that way, and I won't have to stick my foot in my mouth like twenty times in a conversation.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    SanderJK wrote: »
    I don't know that Shadowrun could be done well in a film, as a serious sci-fi thing at least. It's such a wacky, gonzo concept. I think it would look a lot dumber on screen than it feels in games.

It would do fairly well without the technomagic. Without that, a Shadowrun Run is basically a Sci-Fi Oceans 11. A bunch of outcasts have a plan to rob a megacorp. It goes pearshaped but it saved by some clutch backup plan.
    With the magic, it becomes a tougher sell I think, asking people to buy into a lot.

You can include magic in the world but the first adaptation of it should be a low-magic story. Magic exists, but it's mysterious and weird, something that happens in the background.

Have the comet roll in during the first movie giving it a clear non-magic first act and 'oh shit everything is different' second act, or something.

Look, I just want to see a dragon president.

• Options

I sorely miss D&D Phalla

Is it that slow in D&D?

[chat] is still smoking fast but these nerds don't phalla anymore! They're afraid of committment.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    It is usually pretty easy to tell when something has been written by a person who has never really thought about racism except on the most superficial level.

Same with environmentalism.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I want to do an asynchronous D&D D&D where I DM a game and everyone posts what they want to do

When I first read this I tried to shoehorn "s and c" into chromosome or gene designations.

Like imagine if the conversation was "swap the z and the w and you got a stew going / that's how moths work, iirc"

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options

But Ludious if I go any farther west I’ll be in the ocea-ohhhhhh

ohhhhhh

...ohhh

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    racism should only be explained through extensive, thoroughly annotated theses written by people of the correct skin color.

I only appreciate racism explanation from artisanal locally sourced sources, no corporate racism explanations for me.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

When I first read this I tried to shoehorn "s and c" into chromosome or gene designations.

Like imagine if the conversation was "swap the z and the w and you got a stew going / that's how moths work, iirc"

but we're all clear now I was talking about turning insect into incest right

incest harem

• Options

But Ludious if I go any farther west I’ll be in the ocea-ohhhhhh

ohhhhhh

...ohhh

In this analogy you build a boat, not walk into the ocean

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    D&D phalla was drama cancer that metastasized to other threads on a regular basis so I'm really glad it's gone.

I would sooner lobby the mods to bring back the anime megathread than D&D phalla.

And I like mafia variants, but D&D adequately proved itself incapable of handling them maturely.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    But I want to live under the sea!

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular

if you are responding to
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    But back to hating on Bright. It is basically a movie made by people who have never experienced real racism and tried to hamfist an awkward interpretation of it into a movie based around it. Such bad.
    there's nothing here that says it has to be people of the 'correct' skin color - after all, people of all shades can experience racism, and in fact the real racism is the pervasive anti-white discrimination in the united states which is leading to its current cultural and political degradation

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Bomb cyclone what the fuck, let's make up a new name for something that's happening and make it sound as scary as possible?

Or am I just uninformed and that's an actual weather thing?

Its a low pressure system that rivals a hurricane. not much moisture with it but lots of cold air

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    There was a Star Trek episode where a woman's face was wished off.

Wishing when you use Wis as a dump stat, tsk

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Bomb cyclone what the fuck, let's make up a new name for something that's happening and make it sound as scary as possible?

Or am I just uninformed and that's an actual weather thing?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Explosive_cyclogenesis

It's real.

Neat!

Side note, Explosive Cyclogenesis would be the raddest superpower to have

that'd basically be Iceman right?

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

That's how birds work though

• Options
    phallas suck because its all meta-alliance shit anyway
    (also i still hold 10 y/o grudges from phallas against specific forumers)

• Options
    Regarding Bright: pretend I just copy and pasted every Pony rant ever about using fantasy races as stand-ins for racism.

• Options
    I still don’t know what a phalla is and so I assume it’s somethjhn about dicks and I like it that way

• Options
    P10 wrote: »

if you are responding to
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    But back to hating on Bright. It is basically a movie made by people who have never experienced real racism and tried to hamfist an awkward interpretation of it into a movie based around it. Such bad.
    there's nothing here that says it has to be people of the 'correct' skin color - after all, people of all shades can experience racism, and in fact the real racism is the pervasive anti-white discrimination in the united states which is leading to its current cultural and political degradation

scanlon.gif

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Good morning you pack of jackals

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I was pretty careful not to mention skin color in my statement heh.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I still don’t know what a phalla is and so I assume it’s somethjhn about dicks and I like it that way

This is not inaccurate

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I can beta test this now:

You find yourselves on the outskirts of a ramshackle village. Any commoner that notices you quickens their pace and does their best to avoid eye contact. In the distance you see a large manor house that looks well kept and, from the looks of things, well guarded. Suddenly rocks fall, everyone dies.

The end

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

That's basically what happened, yeah

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    I only participated in one forum phalla here, and I just randomly accused someone of making untrustworthy posts in the first day, and that led to a bunch of people agreeing, and then we killed that person. I stopped playing a few days later.

I can't be trusted with that kind of power.

• Options

And moths! And lizards! Wait you said moths

• Options
    I can beta test this now:

You find yourselves on the outskirts of a ramshackle village. Any commoner that notices you quickens their pace and does their best to avoid eye contact. In the distance you see a large manor house that looks well kept and, from the looks of things, well guarded. Suddenly rocks fall, everyone dies.

The end
    an ending on par with chris avellone's finest - you'll go far

• Options
    As a white man I usually stay out of it and let other people talk about racism. Seems safer that way, and I won't have to stick my foot in my mouth like twenty times in a conversation.

on a more real level, I don't do this except when the conversation about racism is one being had by white progressives. I still haven't spoken much around [chat] about my experiences growing up in rural Louisiana.

• Options
    Arch wrote: »

That's basically what happened, yeah

Yeah, but then in the game,

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I'm right there with you, I grew up in Texas. I had some awful opinions on gay marriage and racism before I escaped the South. My parents watched a lot of Fox News growing up.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    XX/XY ain't shit, ZZ/ZW is cool

Wait actually hmm

In XY systems that homogametic sex is women, and in ZW the homogametic sex is men

So XY makes homo ladies and ZW makes homo men

So choose based on your appropriate juvenile jokes I guess

• Options
    Arch wrote: »

And moths! And lizards! Wait you said moths

Wait lizards, really?

brb

This discussion has been closed.