Options

[Bad News Gone Right]: 2019 - We Are All Filthy Animals, Apparently

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Man uses waistband as holster, the inevitable happens:
    There, the man told officers he was on a walkway near a Girl Scout cabin when the Hi Point 9mm handgun on his waist began to slip. The man said he reached down to adjust the gun, accidentally causing it to discharge.

Police said the bullet entered just above the man’s penis and exited his scrotum.

This is why holsters exist, folks.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    There, the man told officers he was on a walkway near a Girl Scout cabin when the Hi Point 9mm handgun on his waist began to slip. The man said he reached down to adjust the gun, accidentally causing it to discharge.

Police said the bullet entered just above the man’s penis and exited his scrotum.

A man feels the need to run around with a penis-substitute. He accidentally shoots himself in the penis with the penis-substitue. The system works.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Now he can just tape his gun to his crotch straightaway.

Win-win.

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular

:bigfrown:

• Options
    What happens when two egos collide and refuse to move? Well, the Laurence, KS police detail the story on Twitter:

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    What happens when two egos collide and refuse to move? Well, the Laurence, KS police detail the story on Twitter

Am I the only one noticing he's calling out the woman and being more denigrating with her than the man?

*squint*

Orca on
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    They absolutely had the authority to make one of them move, and clearly one of them is in the wrong lane.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    They absolutely had the authority to make one of them move, and clearly one of them is in the wrong lane.

Parking lot, not street.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

Parking lot, not street.

Lanes exist in parking lots even if there isn't a line.
    You can't just drive down the left hand side yelling "Ain't no lanes here!"

Unless there is a single car width exit & entrance in this parking lot someone is absolutely in the wrong.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Aridhol wrote: »
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

Parking lot, not street.

Lanes exist in parking lots even if there isn't a line.
    You can't just drive down the left hand side yelling "Ain't no lanes here!"

Unless there is a single car width exit & entrance in this parking lot someone is absolutely in the wrong.

All the applicable laws I could find from both the Standard Traffic Ordinance for Kansas and the Traffic Laws for Lawrence, other than parking, either stop at the entrance/exit of the property, or require clear markings of lanes. As long as Chad's car was pass the sidewalk, they can't legally do jack unless the property owner tells them to.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    This is how they should decide what cars get fired off of battleships to test the launching mechanisms.

"Fine neither if you will move your car? Fwooooong"

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    I would have bet money at least one of them was intoxicated except the cops did not arrest anyone.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    This is how they should decide what cars get fired off of battleships to test the launching mechanisms.

You mean carriers, right? Battleships don't have catapults.

Unless someone's testing a really big gun.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »
    I would have bet money at least one of them was intoxicated except the cops did not arrest anyone.

Eh you don't have to be intoxicated to be an asshole while driving.

My apartment overlooks a Whole Foods parking lot and let me tell you, eating organic doesn't make you any less of an asshole while driving.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Ya I mixed em up

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    The cars are the mass for a mass driver canon.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    Why I Love My Fucking Home State, Actually Using The Acronym 'EOD' Properly Edition:
    An Air Force bomb disposal unit blew up dozens of damaged projectiles along a rural Montana highway and recovered hundreds more after a truck hauling Navy weapons was in a crash earlier this month, military officials said.

The crash involving the military truck and two commercial trucks happened in severe winter conditions on Feb. 11 on U.S. Highway 212 in southeastern Montana. Details about the truck’s cargo were only released this week by 28th Civil Engineer Squadron Explosive Ordnance Disposal team based in Ellsworth Air Force Base, South Dakota.

The truck was carrying a shipment of U.S. Navy-owned military munitions and traveling after dark in blowing snow along the snow-covered roadway surrounded by ranchland, military and Montana Highway Patrol officials said. The crash happened on a hillcrest near a curve, when one truck crossed the centerline of the highway and struck another truck heading in the opposite direction, patrol Sgt. Dan Martin said Friday.

A third truck then crashed into the first two and ended up in a ditch. No injuries or property damage was reported.

Ah, snow and munitions - two "great" tastes that do not go well together.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    The cars are the mass for a mass driver canon.

SpaceX has a BFR test comming up. Just saying.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Orca wrote: »
    What happens when two egos collide and refuse to move? Well, the Laurence, KS police detail the story on Twitter

Am I the only one noticing he's calling out the woman and being more denigrating with her than the man?

*squint*

She’s the one who called the cops because she apparently can’t drive a minivan in reverse.

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Polaritie wrote: »

Actually, WW2 battleships did have catapult systems that they used to launch over-the-horizon spotters.

https://youtu.be/VzMCsa9wY2s

(At about 45s)

Planes were recovered by landing on the water next to the battleship and then being winched back aboard by cranes.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

*squint*

She’s the one who called the cops because she apparently can’t drive a minivan in reverse.

The general tone seemed to be that the guy was a stubborn idiot and the woman was an idiot who called them to resolve a petty dispute and kept insisting they should tow the other guy's car or something.

• Options
    I mean, the fake names the police used for the pair were Karen and Chad, which in case you don’t know have become the default for “lady who demands to speak to the manager” and “dude who is insufferable” in modern internet usage.

• Options
    You know what? We need some positive here, some reminders that there is good in this world. In that vein, I have a Twitter thread started by Nicole Cliffe with a simple question:

The responses she got are wonderful.

• Options
    The commute in Miami has to be seen to be believed:

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    It's the narration that really sells it.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    aw lawd he comin!

Shirtless, no helmet, backwards on the highway.
    Darwin's day off I guess.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Aridhol wrote: »
    aw lawd he comin!

Shirtless, no helmet, backwards on the highway.
    Darwin's day off I guess.

Or "wait for it.."

Amusing that he's passing the cars though.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I mean it’s pretty damn impressive he can steer with the handle bars lodged in his ass

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    That's not even the first time that dude has done it either.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Think of how genius it is. You see a regular bike rider going down the freeway, and what’s your reaction? Probably anger, right? That guy doesn’t belong there. He might even be treated with open hostility for his trafficular transgression. Some jerks might even try to run him off the road.

But a nearly-naked dude sitting on the handlebars and riding backwards on the freeway? That guy is clearly insane. Under no circumstances should you approach him. And there’s no way you can accidentally ignore him. You’re not going to change lanes and suddenly oops there’s a bike there. You know exactly where that guy is as soon as he comes anywhere near you. And you know to keep your distance.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    I mean, it works until he runs into an insane driver. Same with assholes - they always do fine until they run into another asshole.

See: Karen vs. Chad

Inquisitor77 on
  • Options
    DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    It's probably going to pee on you.
    Think of how genius it is. You see a regular bike rider going down the freeway, and what’s your reaction? Probably anger, right? That guy doesn’t belong there. He might even be treated with open hostility for his trafficular transgression. Some jerks might even try to run him off the road.

But a nearly-naked dude sitting on the handlebars and riding backwards on the freeway? That guy is clearly insane. Under no circumstances should you approach him. And there’s no way you can accidentally ignore him. You’re not going to change lanes and suddenly oops there’s a bike there. You know exactly where that guy is as soon as he comes anywhere near you. And you know to keep your distance.

My reaction to a regular biker on the freeway would not be anger. Closer to worry because he might cause an accident.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    It's Miami, he fits in just fine.

sig.gif
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Whoops

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    It's probably going to pee on you.

My reaction to a regular biker on the freeway would not be anger. Closer to worry because he might cause an accident.

Seeing how badly I fared on a bike compared to a car in GTA: San Andreas has instilled a lifelong sympathy for bikers on roads.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Man complains about his photo being used in an article on hipsters looking the same. Editor discovers photo is of a different hipster
    At the end of February, MIT Technology Review emitted a pithy rundown of a 34-page research paper from maths-modelling boffins at Brandeis University in the US; the paper essentially posited that in a bid to make that all-important "countercultural statement", hipsters can end up looking alike. For groovy models of how random acts by hipsters "undergo a phase transition into a synchronized state" – along with some knotty network equations – see here [PDF].

Accompanying the article was an edited stock image of a generic millennial chap in plaid shirt and standard-issue beanie, or "trendy winter attire", as Getty put it.

The MIT journal's editor-in-chief, Gideon Lichfield, took to Twitter to tell a "cautionary tale" about what followed the article going live:

"We promptly got a furious email from a man who said he was the guy in the photo that ran with the story. He accused us of slandering him, presumably by implying he was a hipster, and of using the pic without his permission. (He wasn't too complimentary about the story, either.)"

. . .

Lichfield pointed out that he didn't think calling someone a hipster was "unflattering or unduly controversial" but contacted Getty to be safe.

The stock photo giant checked the model release and lo! The guy in the image wasn't even the same dude who was complaining. "He'd misidentified himself," Lichfield said.

"All of which just proves the story we ran: hipsters look so much alike that they can’t even tell themselves apart from each other."

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

*squint*

The general tone seemed to be that the guy was a stubborn idiot and the woman was an idiot who called them to resolve a petty dispute and kept insisting they should tow the other guy's car or something.

They are both geese, but if I had to feel more sympathetic to one of them, it would be the one who'd be backing into the street rather than the one who can just back further into the lot.

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

*squint*

They are both geese, but if I had to feel more sympathetic to one of them, it would be the one who'd be backing into the street rather than the one who can just back further into the lot.

Also she was the one that called them there, yet was unwilling to do anything to resolve the dispute so that probably annoyed them a bit

• Options
    Canadian coach taught his pee-wee team to love the sport of his homeland.

He just forgot to teach them how to get out on the ice.