As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Here [chat] the Mummies

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    visiblehowl I'm watching your video of the stream from last night and got to the part where you learned that the sharks don't actually sleep at night.

:biggrin:

I wonder who it was that told you that they sleep at night

<_<

>_>

Kamiro Yeah, I think I call you out a minute later on that. I definitely remember you telling me that and I ended up believing you because one time I was out at night and didn't see any sharks in an area where I had previously seen sharks I guess?

Whatever, after fighting that other predator fish thing, I'm not as scared of those guys as I was. At this point it's less a fear thing and more of a nuisance thing, because fighting with the knife is still really cumbersome.

I assume by now you've gotten to the part where I see the Reaper Leviathan. And also the part where I was like FUCK IT and drove the Seafoam into the abyss only to be like NOPE NOPE NOPE. I need to get some weapons or something on that thing.

WHAT!? I MISSED YOUR FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH THE REAPER! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That was what I was most looking forward to. It was why I kept egging you on in going toward the ship and exploring around. But then you stuck to the sandbar and never really went around the ship.

I haven't gotten to that part in the video as I had to go to a meeting. But soon. soon.

It was probably anti-climactic, I kind of saw it moving around when I was circling the alien island and just kind of popped down to get a closer look, but not so close that it even noticed me. It didn't seem all that big, but then I don't actually know what distance I was at.

It didn't suddenly pop into view and scare the shit out of me or anything.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    Marvel comics has not 1 but 2 separate Space Trucker hero characters.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Have any of the best chatters mentioned that we are now free of Hutt rule?

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Also, VH, I missed the cat cam too! The things that happen at 2AM...

Yeah, sorry bro, it was unfair to you because I made it an off-schedule stream on a work night. :(

Don't worry though, I'm sure there will be lots of crazy shit that happens once I actually start diving deeply.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    OK, neco.

I'm super offended by people who ship Rey and Kylo Ren. (This is TFA stuff). He like..tried to psychically force..read her mind.. I'm not sure if rape is too strong of a word to use there but PEOPLE WHO TRY TO SHIP THOSE TWO ARE SUPER PROBLEMATIC

basically the only appropriate relationship is fin and poe and that porg thing and chewie

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Part of the problem is that I'm starting to really enjoy the game, so playing it only once a week is starting to feel like not enough. >.>

I definitely want to start earlier this Friday, though, maybe like around 9 Central time.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Uh Maz and Rey but way to be speciesist

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Eventually one of my friends will set me up with someone this is the only way

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    OK, neco.

I'm super offended by people who ship Rey and Kylo Ren. (This is TFA stuff). He like..tried to psychically force..read her mind.. I'm not sure if rape is too strong of a word to use there but PEOPLE WHO TRY TO SHIP THOSE TWO ARE SUPER PROBLEMATIC

I agree and at the same time, I kinda wanna see it happen

What can I say

I like them tall dark and dangerous

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    In about a week I'm going to be playing an all day Stellaris game with like 5 other twitch streamers. That should be fun (and you should all root for me at their expense) but also I need a good strategy. I played a Civ V game with a few of them previously and won so many of them are already wary of me as a player. I could go full on fanatical purifier but that seems like it might be a little drama creating when I inevitably attack my nearest neighbor and weaken us both. If I try to go pacifist I run the risk of everyone allying against me anyway and then I'm too weak to fight back. I'm thinking maybe we go for a space trucker kinda race who is all about trying to get minerals and become robots to mine them more efficiently?

What expansions are you using?

Limitations based on AIs or hive minds? What about FTL type?

Edit: How many AIs? How many fallen empires? Any advanced race AIs?

Hyperlanes only but otherwise default settings as far as I know. I believe 5 human players? Oh, and all the DLC excepting the new Apocalypse thing that isn't out yet.
    tyrannus wrote: »
    In about a week I'm going to be playing an all day Stellaris game with like 5 other twitch streamers. That should be fun (and you should all root for me at their expense) but also I need a good strategy. I played a Civ V game with a few of them previously and won so many of them are already wary of me as a player. I could go full on fanatical purifier but that seems like it might be a little drama creating when I inevitably attack my nearest neighbor and weaken us both. If I try to go pacifist I run the risk of everyone allying against me anyway and then I'm too weak to fight back. I'm thinking maybe we go for a space trucker kinda race who is all about trying to get minerals and become robots to mine them more efficiently?

I liked your stream

Thanks! I'm working on getting back on a more regular schedule but Waffles and I are doing the RE7 thing on either Wednesdays or Thursdays until we beat it. Or die of a heart attack.

I popped in for what I think was the beginning of this. I enjoyed the format a bunch. Though Waffles' mic cut out every once in a while.

Yeah that's for sure a thing we need to work on. Her mic is super sensitive so we had to play with the settings so it doesn't pick my loud ass voice up and echo. We were also given the suggestion that RE7 is not a hiding game and that if someone thinks we're in a room we need to just run for it, so definitely will try to keep that in mind. Plus it was really fun! Waffles is convinced no one actually liked it and was very nervous about it so that's good to hear!

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

I'm pretty sure half maz's age plus seven is like... 257

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Aw. Falcon Heavy test rescheduled to "no earlier than Friday".

They are having issues, to be sure.

They managed it at the test facilities in Texas a few months ago, so I'm confident they'll figure it out sooner rather than later. And that also suggests this is all ground-side equipment issues, which in the scheme of things are no major concern, but it's good to have it all straightened out before you light the engines.

This happened when they rolled the Falcon 1 out the first (dozen) times, and when they rolled the Falcon 9 out the first (half-dozen) times. New vehicles are always a headache. :)

In the meantime, they still have LC-40 for their East Coast manifest and SLC-4E for their West Coast Manifest, so the Falcon 9 can continue on business as usual, which is all I really care about because I want a) 20+ F9 launches this year and b) a Dragon 2 test flight this year! :D

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Finn and Poe is def gonna happen though

They WILL kiss

Just like my action figures do

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Vh do you have footage of yourself meeting the Reaper Levi for the first time

Because that's a precious treasure

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I am still amazed "laugh shaming" is a thing. I'm sorry not all laughs are created equal and if yours sounds like a donkey being sodomized, than you should never see anything funny ever again.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Shit. Girlfriend got her raise news. They're doing the old well you were technically hired as Assistant to the Lowest Ranking Person so technically this is a GREAT raise despite the fact that it ignores the fact that your new job title and responsibilities are The One True Incarnation of the Savior of Our Fair Enterprise. Bah.

I wish it were possible to receive any sort of steady increase of pay remaining at one damned workplace.

Everywhere should have pay schedules, all the time.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    That VR Chat program has quickly disproved the idea of VR as empathy machines.

"Wow! it is really like I am really here calling this person the n-word!"

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

maz was only in TFA for like 5 seconds tho.
    and i havent seen TLJ yet so i cant say anything more about it

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    More and more I'm super glad I'm not in the dating scene as it was right now.

Also I saw at target a shirt that said "You're the avocado to my toast" so millenial.

naw shit is fine

just don't be a gross creep

it's really not hard at all

I dunno gross creep seems really subjective and getting more hostile. I mean when 20% of people think someone asking if they can buy you a drink is considered harassment? I'm kind of tapping.

20% of people on tumblr maybe

not like

actual humans

FWIW, that was the thread consensus of the sexual harrassment thread before Weinstein.

The thread consensus was that repeatedly offering a drink, after an initial rejection, was harassment

This forum is not representative of the population, and the posters in that thread were not representative of this forum

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Jesus their tab volumes are a mess.

But that question is probably not representative (their Ns are the answer are like in the 1-300 range) and it was a subset.

Again context is what matters here. Context is important on all things.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

age doesn't matter between alien races. The difference in culture offsets any possible power dynamics

• Options
    My son was doing something cute while his mom shopped for shoes. He'd move to individual benchs, climb up on them and then pat to sit down next to him, before he got up and repeated the pattern. Apparently letting him watch personal trainer vids on youtube was a mistake.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Finn and Poe is def gonna happen though

They WILL kiss

Just like my action figures do

I haven't seen any of the new star wars movies and the one thing I know about them is that there are two characters named finn and poe and I think one is a black guy and one is a white guy and they are in love

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018

age doesn't matter between alien races. The difference in culture offsets any possible power dynamics

well... maz is clearly into wookies anyway

she seen some shit you think a vanilla-ass human is gonna get her motor revving?

maybe if they're encased in carbonite or something

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I was bummed when the original rickroll video was taken down for copyright reasons. Of course the video is still on YouTube, via VEVO, but if you go to the original link, all you get is this. :(

wandering on
  • Options
    I am still amazed "laugh shaming" is a thing. I'm sorry not all laughs are created equal and if yours sounds like a donkey being sodomized, than you should never see anything funny ever again.

Have you heard Jimmy Carr's laugh? It is both my favourite and the worst of all time combined in to one. But I love Jimmy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoOLA8GzqT0

• Options
    wandering wrote: »
    I was bummed when the original rickroll video was taken down for copyright reasons. Of course the video is still on YouTube, via VEVO, but if you go to the original link, all you get is this. :(

Your trickery is so fake my dude. Its the transfomers collection of fakery.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    do you plan on seeing TLJ, DemonStacey's dad, or what?

what's the hold up?

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    wandering wrote: »

You get a working video?

Oh noes.

gdi wandering I'm an idiot.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Neco wrote: »

I'm not saying I fell for this.

I'm also not saying goddamnit

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    OK, neco.

Nothing would make me happier than the two of them running off together and ruling the dark universe.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Like she worked two 14-hour days last before a deadline week coding, fixing internal code, and fixing code from the external team they hired to help with this thing. Because she's really good at coding and wants to make sure things work!

Cripes. Had she been hired on initially as a upper level dev person she'd be making double or triple what she's getting.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

What expansions are you using?

Limitations based on AIs or hive minds? What about FTL type?

Edit: How many AIs? How many fallen empires? Any advanced race AIs?

Hyperlanes only but otherwise default settings as far as I know. I believe 5 human players? Oh, and all the DLC excepting the new Apocalypse thing that isn't out yet.
    tyrannus wrote: »

I liked your stream

Thanks! I'm working on getting back on a more regular schedule but Waffles and I are doing the RE7 thing on either Wednesdays or Thursdays until we beat it. Or die of a heart attack.

So thoughts.

Try a servitor AI. They are like the friendly AI who just wants to be helpful butler bots and stuff. It will play oddly but also you kill others by kindness.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular

Also I saw at target a shirt that said "You're the avocado to my toast" so millenial.

naw shit is fine

I dunno gross creep seems really subjective and getting more hostile. I mean when 20% of people think someone asking if they can buy you a drink is considered harassment? I'm kind of tapping.

not like

actual humans

https://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2017/11/daily-chart-14

Statistics and all that, but I don't think they just polled people on Tumblr

so... more like 10%

and that includes 'usually' answers

less than the crazification factor!

Ten percent, when overlayed upon the full population, is still several tens of millions of women.

I mean, apparently the percentage of women who are unfaithful in relationships is pretty low, but I seem to have found a few.

Introducing yourself to people of your preferred sex is fucking terrifying.

The only -the only- thing making it in any way more difficult for males to do so, is that some other male probably messed up things at an earlier point by being a creep or worse.

But, yes, I fear deeply that my opening gambit is going to be received as a terrible burden or creep move, regardless of how mild-mannered I am.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    OK, neco.

Nothing would make me happier than the two of them running off together and ruling the dark universe.

so do you think the abuse just stops
    if rey decides to go dark side theoretically

Ludious on
  • Options
    I was getting dressed the other day to head over to my brother's house, to attend the birthday celebration for my nephew

And I have a few pairs of socks that I received from the hospital when I was an inpatient

All three pairs are bright purple and have white grippy dots on BOTH sides of the socks (the assumption being, of course, that a psych patient may not necessarily be able to put their sock on the right way)

But there's also a happy smiley face made out of that same grippy material on either side of the sock

And I was halfway into pulling these socks onto my feet when I realized I would be in a room with mixed relatives from both my side and my sister-in-law's side of the family, and that perhaps I should opt for somewhat more conservative socks.

Anyway, this is all to say that I love my happy, grippy, purple socks and they're very warm and cozy and I'm wearing them right now.

• Options
    Because that's not how abuse works

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    it would appear that I may soon be back on the dating train after a month long hiatus. would have been nice if I had like, managed to lose some weight during that break but alas, I got what I got. Also, I seem to not be losing weight at all...probably going to have to get back on keto or maybe see if fiddling with my meds will allow weight loss. It feels impossible regardless of my diet these days. Though admittedly I will be disciplined and then have a cheat day that is disastrous. Stupid tummy and a thirst for booze.

monitoring eating habits and calories is exhausting sorry bud

I downloaded myfitnesspal for this purpose if tracking via an app sounds appealing to you. obviously gotta find what works for you tho.
    yeah, i've used myfitnesspal a bunch in the past but when I track calories my intake is rather low and I'm still not losing, which makes me wonder how slow and drecrepit is my metabolism anyway

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Making someone self-conscious about laughing is one of the cruelest things you can do to them, imo, and I always try to shut it down hard when I see it.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    FroThulhu wrote: »

naw shit is fine

not like

actual humans

https://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2017/11/daily-chart-14

Statistics and all that, but I don't think they just polled people on Tumblr

so... more like 10%

and that includes 'usually' answers

less than the crazification factor!

Ten percent, when overlayed upon the full population, is still several tens of millions of women.

I mean, apparently the percentage of women who are unfaithful in relationships is pretty low, but I seem to have found a few.

Introducing yourself to people of your preferred sex is fucking terrifying.

The only -the only- thing making it in any way more difficult for males to do so, is that some other male probably messed up things at an earlier point by being a creep or worse.

But, yes, I fear deeply that my opening gambit is going to be received as a terrible burden or creep move, regardless of how mild-mannered I am.

So I went into their actual results.

The results with that age group (~300 answers in the 18-20 range) and that marked that answer as harassment were exceedingly low and only showed up after the person answered if they had experience harassment in that previous year. Put a +/- 5 at least on that probably more.

Like I think looking at it their tabs one country had a single response say it was always harassment.

Basically in a stats/survey sense take it with a huge grain of salt.

u7stthr17eud.png
This discussion has been closed.