As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] 2017 goes to 8,760 hour time limit draw

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Man ALL IN is close enough I could possibly go

It's about a day's drive for me... And the missus and I have been talking about doing a weekend in Chicago... Hmmm...

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Even if the angle is the need for a Hispanic sta they have several who are incredibly good.

Almas is their Hispanic star. They just don't know it yet.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I like the idea of Cena offering AJ a chance to a rematch for a Three-Way at Mania. I don't know if i want it to happen but I liked his and Goldust's promo, both were pretty good and did a nice setup for the PPV.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited March 2018

Shelton Benjamin goes to commentary, R-Truth becomes Gable's new tag partner.

EDIT: They missed a trick having Roman come out and be a bitch. Superman punching Heyman after boring the crowd for 12 minutes would have gotten him over with the crowd big time.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Even if the angle is the need for a Hispanic sta they have several who are incredibly good.

Almas is their Hispanic star. They just don't know it yet.

I’m judging from the fact he’s a big deal in NXT and was in the Rumble for a long time that they know.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    D

Shelton Benjamin goes to commentary, R-Truth becomes Gable's new tag partner.

EDIT: They missed a trick having Roman come out and be a bitch. Superman punching Heyman after boring the crowd for 12 minutes would have gotten him over with the crowd big time.
    Hey maybe don't do that?

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    So today I learned that there is a throw in Judo called the Kata Guruma (or Kataguruma...I've seen it both ways) otherwise known as a "shoulder wheel".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD09HBiPgEU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOYFMQbnzUE

If it looks familiar, there's a reason why: It was borrowed from catch wrestling and adapted into Judo by it's founder, Jigoro Kano. We know it as the fireman's carry.

I love learning this kind of stuff. I know this thread is for talking about the staged world of pro wrestling, but actual submission/catch wrestling is obviously related and it's always cool to see how it's interacted with other martial arts throughout the years.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Cesaro is right.

Fudge beach balls.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Progress Thunderbastard spoilers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFwlFQ9mWfk
    WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????

Honestly though this is a better promo than I'd expect. Also Vicky Haskins is now officially the Sarah Connor of pro wrestling, no backsies!

I wouldn't be surprised if he turns heel and wins the belt tbh. Progress seems to like having heel stables holding all the titles and Vicky's Boyz already have the tag belts so it would fit. If he loses then I guess he turns heel from that unless they're going to keep teasing it, which like why bother? Nobody really cares what Flash Morgan Webster is doing unless what he's doing is leaving.

[edit]AHAHAHAHAHA. So I'm actually watching the show and Drake and Gibson have won the belts back already after losing them at the last event. This company lately I swear...

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    A dark match for their new streaming service
    ROH you can give them a championship, fly over Stardom wrestlers, and sign Tenille Dashwood, but no one is gonna take WOH seriously until you actually give them airtime.

Mini update ROH actually managed to handle it worse

Going to the trouble of getting Emma, then having her match not even make the full live card

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

That thing that everyone guessed was gonna happen is happening

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    ROH you can give them a championship, fly over Stardom wrestlers, and sign Tenille Dashwood, but no one is gonna take WOH seriously until you actually give them airtime.

Going to the trouble of getting Emma, then having her match not even make the full live card

Poor Tenille's about to start having flashbacks.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    did rusev just quote some fuckin bloodsport

hell yeah man rusev rules

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    That was a really good impression of English’s singing, damn.

• Options
    Holy fuck, Carmella is wrestling!

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Graves/Lynch might be the longest running, completely one-sided feud I've seen in a very long time.

• Options
    The Fastlane go-home show: where WWE realizes they don't have nearly enough matches to fill the card and hastily throw a couple on it.

• Options
    Sprout wrote: »
    The Fastlane go-home show: where WWE realizes they don't have nearly enough matches to fill the card and hastily throw a couple on it.

The funny thing, they could have had some other matches had they not stuffed their main event with so many people.

But nope.

Gotta do a 6-man main event 2 weeks after you just had a 7-man main event.

Makes total sense.

• Options
    This shit with overlaying words on the pretaped promos has to stop.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

Things I discovered through this Instagram post by Terry Crews:

1. Eve Torres and Rener Gracie got married in 2014
    2. They run self defense classes for women

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

Trying to figure out which specific monkey’s paw wish caused this. Leaning towards “Emma deserves to be the face of a division”, though “ROH should get a proper women’s division” is pretty close.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Seeing these teams get established on 205 Live lends credence to the rumors of WWE planning cruiserweight tag championships.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    On the one hand putting the two Japanese guys in a tag team together is kind of lazy...

...on the other hand Itami and Tozawa have such opposite personalities with such similar movesets that this could be really good.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    What would have happened if Murphy hadn't made weight? Would Mustafa Ali get a bye to the next round?

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I’d say Drew Gulak vs Mustafa Ali would be a rough match to decide who to cheer for but I’m not sure about Gulak’s new rage monster direction.

• Options
    I'm sure Buddy Murphy just loves this angle.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Braun Strowman: Classy Cinnamon Roll Kaiju is one of my favorite things to come out of the Mixed Match Challenge.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Just like in my anime!

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    I hadn't seen Ronda post this before my post above.

Validation!

She'll definitely need a snappier name for it if that's her finisher, though.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
  • Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    Alexa is going to break Braun's heart and people are going to die as a result

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I loved that Nia v Asuka match. Then again, I'm a mark for "small wrestler riding larger wrestler like a remora on a shark" spots as well as "no no no, this is my limb now, I'll let you know when you can have it back" spots and this match gave me both.

I'm really interested in where Nia goes from here. I hope this is leading to her vs Alexa at Mania while Asuka fights Charlotte.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options

I have to agree with Helms here. A cruiserweight trios division would be awesome.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I hadn't seen Ronda post this before my post above.

Validation!

She'll definitely need a snappier name for it if that's her finisher, though.

What about "Shellshocked"

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Nakamura singing and Rusev and English's responses to that singing went a long long way towards selling me on their Fastlane match.

Give them time, WWE. I think those two could steal the show.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Nakamura singing and Rusev and English's responses to that singing went a long long way towards selling me on their Fastlane match.

Give them time, WWE. I think those two could steal the show.

Nakamura is fantastic when he is motivated, and Rusev is really underrated as a worker. They are going to do great things.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Never thought Nick Gage would be the clear babyface in a (shoot) feud but here we are

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Was watching the Asuka Miz vs Finn Sasha mixed match and just had to laugh at a spot that simply did not work.

So in a normal tag match, both wrestlers are beating up on each other, take a double fall, and are both down. The race to tag the partner is slowly on, and who will get to their corner first.

It's a stable of tag matches.

But in a mixed match challenge, when one makes the tag, they are both tagged in. Yet they ran this spot anyway, and I could not stop laughing. Somebody hopefully had a talk with them after the match about that.

One other thing I noticed, is they were hyping up Asuka's winning streak. Has she never lost a tag match? And would losing at tag match end her streak? Even in a format like that? I thought it was stupid to even bring up. Now they have to win it all being you've mentioned her streak being in peril. You can't say it doesn't apply to tag matches, because you already said it did. So, now you've backed yourself into a corner with not many outs. I guess some DQ will be in the works. Or a match in which she doesn't even get in the ring. They'll protect it somehow.

Or I guess they just win it all and it's a non factor.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    One last thing about the WWE network. I cut the cord awhile back as well and cut my Hulu subrscription. It's only NXT that's live every week on that right? It'll keep saying shows are coming up after raw during commercials watching shows, but raw isn't on.

So It's NXT, and then youtube for snippets, before the week in review for raw and smackdown keeping up right?

Really enjoying the network. Went back and watched some classics, was very easy to find them, and love the ability to skip to beggining or matches end. App has some UI issues I feel, but that features makes up for some of them.

This discussion has been closed.