Options

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    It seems pretty clear that draws currently in the game won't be boosted after tonight

So do I want 5% chance at relics on the Kefka/Bartz banner with useless Tifa, or 10% chance on the Bartz/Cecil banner with dupe Tidus? Probably the latter. Maybe it'll have Tidus EX!

• Options
    XerinkXerink Registered User regular
    I am actually hoping there won't be any EX weapons on the awakening banners tonight for purely selfish reasons: I want them to stay 1/2 off first pull. If they have EX weapons then they won't get the cheaper pulls and my gem stash is still reeling from my ill-advised Thancred pulls (no regrets, though).

PSN: darkhart0
    3DS FC: 2234-7230-2712
    Battle.net: Kriese#1709
  • Options
    I'm not a fan at all of how different characters need different XP to level from 50-60. My Yshtola is leveling twice as fast as Firion and that's just weird.

• Options
    They actually need the same amount of exp to level, but Y'shtola is getting double exp since she is a synergy character for the Thancred LC.

• Options
    Listen here, you...

Ok so maybe I'm blind, is that so wrong

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Don't be me and use a 3x exp tome before checking and realising that the awakened characters are not boosted yet

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Don't be me and use a 3x exp tome before checking and realising that the awakened characters are not boosted yet

I only used a 2x, so not that big a deal, but yeah, I was initially wondering if they had really jacked up the xp requirements with this new batch. Until I re-read Xerink's write up, and I was like... ooooooh!

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Finally put in the time to do Kefka ex with Terra, Kefka, and Sazh. I'm really bad at the high-end content I guess because I had to restart a bunch on trash waves to get no-break, no-hp loss rounds, and the boss itself was smoother, though I took a late Lifecut that put me out of the ridiculously stringent HP requirement. Still I think I got all the score awards with 37k

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    I am doing Thancred LC Hard and the last stage, I murder the higher level Kraken with Terra x2+King during Ramuh summon. Then the lower level one one-shots Thancred, then targets Terra for his next six turns and does Stone/Stonera for like four of them. LET ME DPS YOU ASSHOLE

• Options
    edited November 2018
    There is a rough part of the boss fight when the Sand Krakens chain cast Stonera and have a really high turn rate. I found letting them HP attack got them out of that phase. They would Unbind, dropping their turn rate and swap to Stone which doesn't push you back as hard. Downside is it means you have to eat a scary HP attack (when I completed the stage my Thancred took about a 6.5k HP hit and only survived due to being level 60 and having synergy). Having Eiko heal back most of that health by the time I killed the bosses protected my score, luckily.

Xerink on
  • Options
    That is pretty much what happened on the next reset; the lesser Kraken did a BRV+HP attack from about 700 BRV, did about half of Terra's HP. Then he chilled out some and spread out his Stones more. And Thancred wasn't dead, so he got to eat some Stones.

Got my Thancred carry done, even got all the quest missions. Just gotta go back now without the dead weight to get the extra score missions.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    And squeaked over 47k score with King/Terra/Y'shtola. Too bad I need 50k, haha. I'll figure that out later; might just need some more levels/crystal levels on Y'shtola, or just swap her out for a third DPS.

6k gems and zero tickets, I'm so ready for tonight's banners :rotate: I'm not even sure what I want, if anything.

Edit: Oh man, Alisae's event has Terra's EX, and we might get that as early as Sunday. I think all of tonight's gems are going towards that. That, and maybe WoL EX if it's soon. I love those two.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    We are going to be getting a lot of good banners this month. Tonight's awakening banners can potentially be amazing if one is Yuna / Vaan / Rem, the Chapter 11 banner because Lilisette, Alisae with Terra EX, and Noctis with his EX. Not to mention the next awakening wave will have Cloud and Shantotto EX (if we don't get them earlier).

I am anxiously awaiting dissidiadb to update with upcoming event lists so I can try to plan my pulls. I'm honestly afraid to go hard on any banner tonight for fear we'll get an EX weapon banner next week.

Edit: By the way, the chance of getting an EX weapon from a banner will be the same as getting a specific 35cp weapon before the draw rate boosts.

Xerink on
  • Options
  • Options
    Remember, the key is to trick the game into thinking you don't want a specific weapon. :wink:

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    OH LAWD, RED ALERT, AWAKENING BANNERS HAVE CLOUD AND SHANTOTTO EX

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
  • Options
    Okay...this...went well. I spread the love around a bit

Cloud EX banner:
    14 tickets: 1 hit, Bartz 15 (prev maxed)
    1st pull: 1/11, Tidus 35 (now 2LBd)
    2nd pull: 2/11, downloading (!), Tidus 15 (prev maxed), CLOUD EX!

WOO!

Shantotto EX banner:
    15 tickets: nada
    1st pull: 2/11, downloading (!), Rem 35 (new), Vaan 35 (new)!

That is now all 35s on the banner for me, I'm bailing. Still one more to go after all!

Chapter banner:
    1st pull: 3/11, Vaan 15 (now maxed), Yuri 15, Lilisette 35!!!
    2nd pull: 3/11, Lilisette 15!, Jecht 15, Lilisette 35!!

I'm stopping here, saving 10k gems (though I didn't start with that many, I bought some to chase all this goodness.) VERY happy with the results!

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Well, shit. So much for easy half price pulls.

I'm going to wait until dissidiadb updates their event schedule so I can figure out how much time until Alisae and Noctis and other banners before pulling. However, I will very likely drop a pull or two on the Cloud EX banner.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    so I pulled on the shantotto banner since I use shantotto a lot aaaand....

I got a single off banner 15CP. welp. that was all my gems.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    4o0r3n8clld1.png

We got the buffed rework version of both EX btw

Which means way faster recharge times

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Woo! Been traveling all day but I just did a few pills across a couple banners...

Cloud Ex!!!

I will have questions on how to build for this...

Congrats everyone!

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    Another 5k on the Cloud EX banner got me a much more familiar 1/11, but at least this time it was Cecil 35. Which I'm not too hype about.

I'm not sure I should pull on this banner anymore =( the only hits left on it are the EX and Bartz 35, which is what I really want. 85% of the 5* relics I would get here now are garbage.

That 4/11 of all 15s really fucking demoralized me lol.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Spent roughly 80 tickets and 20k gems to get Cloud EX. Got every other item on the banner twice on average. I think that means I did slightly better than expected for chasing an EX, the drop rate is still awful low. The winning 11 pull actually started with a gold orb, which I hadn't seen before.

This thing is nuts, btw. Every third turn, deal 15k BRV+HP, or 25k with synergy. Pretty sure it's going to destroy all the current content.

Edit: yup, just carried a useless Thancred through the hardest fight in his LC. Got all of the extended rewards first try.

Fry on
  • Options
  • Options
    Yeah it originally didn't but the version we got is from JP a couple of months back

It's similar to the kingdom hearts collab in FFRK where we got Sora and Riku with their power creep insaneo JP level stuff in global 6 months early

• Options
    So now that I lucked into Cloid ex I have a few questions before I invest a lot of precious resources into him...

-how necessary is his 15cp passive? I never got the weapon and wonder if I should chase if with tickets on this banner.

-how necessary is his 35cp passive with the ex? I have it at 0 lb and am wary about investing my hoarded stones.

Is he worth investing in at all? I lucked into his ex but previously I barely gave him any resources as I had bad luck pulls. Is he viable for awhile or should I ride out my fully mlb WoL for longer.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    A couple of things about EX weapons, and Cloud in particular: EX weapons cannot replace the other weapon passives. Several characters are not good, even with an EX weapon, if they are missing their 15/35 cp passives. In Cloud's case, his 15cp is nice but not mandatory. However, Cloud NEEDS his 35cp passive. It provides him several buffs and another use of Finishing Touch. If you try to use Cloud with his EX weapon but no weapon passives, he will feel underwhelming.

You also need to invest in the EX weapon to use its full potential. Limit breaks on EX weapons unlock special passives for the EX abaility or character that makes it even better. In your case, Grove, you would need to max out Cloud's 35cp AND his EX to really be able to use him fully. If you have the power stones or don't mind pulling on the weekly draw for Cloud's weapons, you can make him work. You'll have to decide if that investment is worth it.

Cloud is kind of a mixed bag as far as staying power goes. His big gimmick is that he can launch enemies on demand, but not everyone plays nice with launchers since they dump their brave every turn. If you have characters that can build a ton of brave fast (like Sephiroth, Lilisette, Yuna, etc.), then Cloud will be great. If you're trying to use him with characters like Vaan, Terra and Papalymo, however, his launches won't be as impactful. Now, with Cloud having his improved EX he now has much better staying power to compensate for his low skill count and will destroy a lot of content almost single-handedly. Being a dps / launcher, he will be power crept until his awakening rework at some point. I'm not sure exactly when, probably when Layle is awakened in a few months?

In other news, the schedule for December has been posted, but it seems to be missing some things. There's maintenance scheduled for Nov 26 and Dec 19 which will probably add more.

Currently known upcoming events:
    Mystery Event?: Nov 29
    Snow Lost Chapter: Dec 6
    World of Illusions Bahamut: Dec 10
    Alisaie Character Event: Dec 13
    Krile Lost Chapter: Dec 17
    Christmas Event?: unknown start date.

We will probably get another wave of awakenings some time this month too, but unclear when it will arrive. We will probably see more EX weapon banners tied either to the mystery event or Christmas, plus Terra's EX will be on the Alisaie banner.

I have also done all of the draws I am willing to do on the available banners now. Did 3x 11 draws on Cloud EX plus a half price draw on the weekly banner. I threw 10 tickets at the Shantotto EX alongside all of that. For my trouble, I got Shantotto's weapons (both 15 and 35cp), Rem 35cp, Bartz 35cp, and a bunch of 15cp weapons that either are holding in storage for now or were sold for power stones (I had already maxed them out). Now more stash of weapons that are not MLB is getting difficult to handle. I'll either need to sort through what I have and sell some maxed out 15cp weapons to make space, or increase my inventory space.

Xerink on
  • Options
    Thanks for the cloud tips. I think I’ll hold off on him for now. Too many resources.

I didn’t track everything I spent but I think I came out pretty well.

22.5 k gems and 60ish tickets

Cloud ex
    Titus 15 (didn’t have)
    3x Rem 15 (didn’t have now mlbd and sold)
    Rem 35 (didn’t have)
    Jecht 15
    Lilisette 15 & 35
    Cecil 15 (now mlb)
    Yuna 15 (didn’t have)
    Vaan 15

I have 25k gems remaining and 10 tickets. It could have been worse. I’m glad I stopped there. I feel I got good value out of my pulls especially the 15’s I was missing.

I still don’t have enough powerstones (32) to work on more than one character so I’m trying to ride out MLB WoL as long as possible.

• Options
    Whew, cleared the last stages of Chapter 11. The fights at the end can get pretty nasty, I don't think I'll even look at the Hard Mode stages for a while.

Spoiler hint for the last stage of the chapter:
    When you reach the Blackened Will on wave 2/3, go all out. Don't save anything. The fight is rough and trying to conserve will hurt you. You also can't launch the boss on this wave, so be careful.

If you make it through wave 2, you'll probably be fine on wave 3. Wave 2 was definitely scarier for me.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    I haven't kept too much track of how many pulls I did, but I have gotten at 35cp Bartz (which MLB'ed that for me), a 35cp Tidus (first for me), a 15cp Yuna which MLB'ed that for me too, and an off banner 15cp Ject. I now have a rather large (especially compared to before) collection of power stones (19), which I'll probably wait to see if I get someone's ex weapons before using them. Mixed in with my pulls was this gem of an 11 pull:
    95cti7wtg7js.jpg

Which got turned into 4 power stones right away, so I'm with ya Rius.

Edit: Also, 60/60 Terra! So, if you're still not following me, follow! (though I imagine now Cloud EX is the new hotness.)

chrono_traveller on
  • Options
    I could use some advice!

So as much as I want Bartz 35, I really don't think I should pull on this banner anymore. Only 15% of it is good hits. I'll have to take another run at it next time it comes along. Shame, too; I have his WoI weapon also.

On the other hand, I unexpectedly have a swole Cecil now. Combined with WoL who has good tools for keeping him alive and for handing out BRV, that might make a pretty decent launch team. But who would be third in that team?

That new story chapter character, Lilisette, could be pretty great. Spd, Atk and Mag Atk debuffs, plus big BRV refills. She doesn't heal, though, so it could get risky for Cecil. And I don't know how much, if at all, that I care about Jecht and that other new kid.

I'm not sure I have a suitable BRV battery otherwise. There's always Eiko, and then I'd have some slow heals. I don't have anything for Aerith or Rem. Not sure if I want to pull on the Shantotto Ex banner for Rem stuff, though her heals and turn manipulation would also be decent for that squad.

What do y'all think? I'm kind of salt I spent higher shards getting Cloud to 57/60, that complicates matters lol. Shoulda saved those shards for Tidus/Faris.

• Options
    Apparently I shouldn't have doubted myself, I just got Bartz 35 off a ticket =) Sorry Cloud, you're gonna take a back seat for a while, it's Cecil's time to shine.

• Options
    Xerink wrote: »
    Whew, cleared the last stages of Chapter 11. The fights at the end can get pretty nasty, I don't think I'll even look at the Hard Mode stages for a while.

Spoiler hint for the last stage of the chapter:
    When you reach the Blackened Will on wave 2/3, go all out. Don't save anything. The fight is rough and trying to conserve will hurt you. You also can't launch the boss on this wave, so be careful.

If you make it through wave 2, you'll probably be fine on wave 3. Wave 2 was definitely scarier for me.

These were all great fights! I think the hard difficulty is gonna be... Interesting.

I brought 60/60 Warrior of Light to everything and it was great. 10k shields for everyone is noice.

• Options
    Two 5k pulls on the story banner later, I've got two Lilisette 15s and a 35, and nothing at all for Jecht and... That kid. That's some good darned luck I tell you what.

On the other hand, I've basically drained all the gems and tickets from currently available content lol. Zack EX is the only exception.

• Options
    Whew, I've been plugging away at the co-ops and grinding cycle quests to level up the newly awakening characters along with the Chapter 11 ones. So far.only Bartz and Tidus are max level, though Rem is getting close. I haven't invested high shards in any of the characters from the second wave yet. I can't put many in Yuna since my Thancred is 60/60, Tidus has been an iffy call for me because I have stopped using him lately, Rem is competing for shards with Terra, I'm not sure I want to use Bartz, and I don't have 35cp weapons for Cecil or Vaan. Ah well.

Took at stab at Zack EX with Thancred, Terra, and Eiko (Thancred and Terra still at 1lb for their 35cp, Terra still 55/60) and ended up running out of steam right at the end. Part of it was my fault; I tried to bring a friend Cloud EX for crazy dps + launch combos, but I didn't set up the launches well during summon. Plus, Cloud is just too slow to take advantage of the brave Thancred and Eiko can generate. If I was to try the strat again I will probably take a Layle friend instead for a faster launch buddy / can clear own Brv with launch.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Just finished Ch 11 normal. What a fuckin gauntlet of fights at the end there. Was neat though.

EDIT: Oh wow, never had this happen to me before in co-op. Guy who took a few turns, then didn't even D/C, just I guess left their phone on and fucked off. Nothing but minute-gone-by brv attacks for the entire goddamn fight.

On the plus side, got a lot of free time to emote spam!!

Ilpala on
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    got me a complete mlb lilisette and oh my god she is so gooood

there's a reason you see JP vids of people using her way into the awakening era even at 50/50, she more than holds her own

• Options
    Yeah, 18k BRV generated for the party per turn during summons is a hell of a drug

• Options
    m i t o r e n a s a i