As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Adios, SUPERGENIUS!

• Options
    Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    Look, he kicked her but he didn't *kick* her is a really gross argument.

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    hippofant wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I guarantee you if you a regular person did what Kareem Hunt did in a hotel you'd be arrested and wouldn't have people on message boards debating if the assault you committed (before we get the argument in my state battery is under assault) was sufficient for arrest.

Really? Hm. I'm somewhat surprised by that given some of the shit I've seen that cops have just ignored.

Serial season 3 gives a very good counterexample, IMO, where the only person arrested was the initial victim (because she wound up unintentionally hitting a cop). Video didn’t mean shit. Everybody else walked, no consequences.

Also, this isn’t “light DV.” It isn’t DV at all. She wasn’t a domestic partner and none of the associated power and abuse dynamics play in here. She was somebody getting kicked out of a gathering and refusing to just leave.

All that said, initiating physical violence in general should be frowned upon by the league, and doubly so for anybody that’s not NFL-sized (male or female). This should still have been treated incredibly seriously.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Final check of the maps.

Lots of movement since Thursday.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Picture perfect weather outside (70 degrees crystal clear), a former president and longtime Houstonian and Texan supporter passed away, a big special national anthem shown that you expected a fly over to accompany, and they still won’t open up the roof.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Picture perfect weather outside (70 degrees crystal clear), a former president and longtime Houstonian and Texan supporter passed away, a big special national anthem shown that you expected a fly over to accompany, and they still won’t open up the roof.

That roof may not actually open?

Ok, here's the situation: its 3rd and 9 on the 50, you have an arguably GOAT QB, what do you do?
    If you said shotgun delayed handoff, you might be McCarthy

Veevee on
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »

Ok, here's the situation: its 3rd and 9 on the 50, you have an arguably GOAT QB, what do you do?

"I've got to coach better..."

Repeat Ad Nauseam every week.

Also it sure looks like Rodgers is phoning it in so far.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Fuck the NFL

They didn’t interview Hunt or the victim and told the Chiefs to stop their pursuit of the video.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Weird lack of effort by the Lions, after a good 1st quarter. Gets the INT and just walks out of bounds? Terrible play calling on the drive.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Baker Schaubfield lol nailed it

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018

I'd do a quick lateral pass behind the line to a WR that's got 2 corners in front of him

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Apparently punching Rodgers in the back of the helmet while trying to get to the ball is acceptable to these refs

Veevee on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Apparently punching Rodgers in the back of the helmet while trying to get to the ball is acceptable to these refs

I mean it's the back of the head. So that's fine. You just can't go front, side or top.

Oh...oh no. Houston DST, what are you doing on my bench? Nooo

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Lions down 10, 3rd and almost 20, and the Lions run the ball up the middle?

Don't understand the play (was not going to get a TD, and the FG chance isn't going to change much), or why the commentators defended it.

"What are you gonna do, throw a hail mary?" Umm... it's 20yds. It's not a great chance of completing, but it's not a f'n hail mary, especially not for Stafford.

And given two plays earlier, the same commentary team was saying "You can't beat the Rams with field goals.". Which is probably accurate.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Heir wrote: »

They all but hate each other now. Shirley, one must be gone at the end of the season.

• Options
    Refs blew the play dead on a 46 yard reception in Chi/NYG after the receiver caught it and hit the ground untouched.

Good thing those plays cannot be reviewed.

• Options

They all but hate each other now. Shirley, one must be gone at the end of the season.

I doubt Rodgers is going anywhere...

...and don't call me Surely.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Fifteen yards away equals in the area! The things you learn watching footbaw!

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I'm following the gamecast, but how much of that fumble was Stafford's fault? Because that pretty much lost the game.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I'm following the gamecast, but how much of that fumble was Stafford's fault? Because that pretty much lost the game.

A decent amount. He knew he was going to get tackled and tried to scramble rather than protect the ball

Edit: that was a bad PI

Edit: doing it, not the call. That was easy to defend

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    I have never seen a team that is more proficient at fucking up 3rd and long as the Packer's Defense.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    And the Colts get fucking dicked by the zebras.

Sorry, the "explanation" given was bullshit.

• Options
    That Larry Fitz catch was awesome.

And the Packers need to fuck off. I'm a fan, but if you can't kick the crap out of the Cardinals, just fold for the season.

• Options
    MorganV wrote: »

And the Packers need to fuck off. I'm a fan, but if you can't kick the crap out of the Cardinals, just fold for the season.

Yep. Bye Bye Mr Beav.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Chicago just tied the game.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular

Yep. Bye Bye Mr Beav.

Should be this week but the Packers' management is too nice so they'll wait till the off season.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular

Can't believe I'm saying this as a Packers fan, but I'm sorta rooting for the Bears this year.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

Sort of, but the main problem was Aaron Donald running through a double team for like the seventh time in the game.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    SeñorAmor wrote: »

Can't believe I'm saying this as a Packers fan, but I'm sorta rooting for the Bears this year.

As a close friend to a Giants fan, I'm hoping the Giants screw up their draft position, so go G-Men!

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited December 2018

Fly over would be especially appropriate because GHWB was a decorated WWII naval air corps pilot. Flew a TBM Avenger (a torpedo bomber just a bit bigger than a P38 Lightning) and even got shot down once.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

Fly over would be especially appropriate because he was a decorated WWII naval air corps pilot. Flew a TBM Avenger (a large-fighter sized torpedo bomber) and even got shot down once.

Yeah, but did they have the field-sized pre-game flag? That would be enough.

• Options
    edited December 2018

Yeah. I really like Mack and Trubisky seems like a good kid.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options

As a close friend to a Giants fan, I'm hoping the Giants screw up their draft position, so go G-Men!

You win!

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Wow. Non-call PI much?

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

Fly over would be especially appropriate because GHWB was a decorated WWII naval air corps pilot. Flew a TBM Avenger (a torpedo bomber just a bit bigger than a P38 Lightning) and even got shot down once.

Yeah, but did they have the field-sized pre-game flag? That would be enough.

IIRC, The flag on the field stuff actually goes against the flag code for how to properly display the US flag.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options

Yep. Bye Bye Mr Beav.

Should be this week but the Packers' management is too nice so they'll wait till the off season.

It's the first win in Green Bay for a Cardinals team since 1949. If SUPERGENIUS Beav is allowed to leave the building they've screwed it up.

• Options
    So, can we just give the Pats the fucking bye again, and not have them on television?

Also, can the Vikings just decide that punting or going for it on 4th down are the only two available options? Because I'm fucking tired of them blowing FG's.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Not that it makes a difference for this game, but I don’t understand why both teams don’t get a minimum of one possession in OT.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    *checks fantasy football score, sees his kicker got him 21 points, and defense got 17*

o...okay.

• Options
    Not that it makes a difference for this game, but I don’t understand why both teams don’t get a minimum of one possession in OT.

Because it's not as "exciting". Apparently the capability of winning a coinflip is something that should be lauded. It's already enough that if you get the first drive, and can burn most of the clock, you can stop the second team that way too.

• Options
    Not really enjoying this week. Dallas winning, Packers made to look inept, a lot of decent teams looking inept (Saints, Colts).

The Raiders RB's already fumbled twice in the first 20m, giving the ball to KC both times. Gruden looking unhappy.

My weekend is looking up. :)