As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Adios, SUPERGENIUS!

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    The owners approved unanimously to change the catch rule.

Will probably vote to prevent defensive players from being able to step on the field next.

Soon:
    New catch rules. THAT'S A CATCH!

Also soon:
    That wouldn't have been a catch last year. Stupid rule.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    NFL Cheerleader fired for posting a lingerie pic on Instagram. I had no idea cheerleaders were treated that badly. Like they can't talk to the players outside of "Hello" or "Good game". If they are at a restaurant and a player shows up, they have to fucking leave?!

Her picture wasn't even that bad. Showed more or less the same amount of skin as her Saint's uniform. But she had a "dirty" facial expression, so she had to go.

Yeah, fuck that shit. Glad I don't follow the NFL anymore.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Idiot Green Bay WR, Trevor Davis, arrested for making a joke about explosives whilst waiting in line at LAX.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    That’s stupid.

But not as stupid as the Browns talking themselves into Josh Allen.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    That’s stupid.

But not as stupid as the Browns talking themselves into Josh Allen.

Them screaming Wentz 2.0 and then announcing the pick is exactly as poorly reasoned and executed a decision that I can see them making.

That or taking Barkley first when they could have him at four.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Mayfield’s receivers dropped 8% of his passes and he still had that ridiculous completion percentage. This was the highest drop rate of any of the top QBs of this class.

Allen’s receivers dropped 4%, the 2nd lowest of the QBs getting 1st round interest. It was this low mostly because he couldn’t even get the ball close enough for them to get hands on it...

Mayfield had the best downfield success too and had the fewest mistakes. AND his arm strength is still above average in the NFL. Mayfield was the top college QB in the stats most predictive of NFL success all three years he started at OU.

But he was a knucklehead college student who got drunk and ran from cops. And grabbed his nuts and swore at Kansas.

Allen had below average completion rates on throws both at the line and downfield. But you can hear a “thump” on the rare occasion one of his throws is on target and hits the receiver in the sternum.

NFL execs, and especially the Browns front office, are goddamn morons.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Mayfield’s receivers dropped 8% of his passes and he still had that ridiculous completion percentage. This was the highest drop rate of any of the top QBs of this class.

Allen’s receivers dropped 4%, the 2nd lowest of the QBs getting 1st round interest. It was this low mostly because he couldn’t even get the ball close enough for them to get hands on it...

Mayfield had the best downfield success too and had the fewest mistakes. AND his arm strength is still above average in the NFL. Mayfield was the top college QB in the stats most predictive of NFL success all three years he started at OU.

But he was a knucklehead college student who got drunk and ran from cops. And grabbed his nuts and swore at Kansas.

Allen had below average completion rates on throws both at the line and downfield. But you can hear a “thump” on the rare occasion one of his throws is on target and hits the receiver in the sternum.

If the Jets take Mayfield the earth may split open and the armie of hell will invade as the final seal is broken because the Jets drafted a good quarterback.

Or he'll be a bust they waste five years on

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular

Has anyone checked to see if the Browns execs are annoying the cleveland homeless by asking them for advice?

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Seattle postponed a workout with Kaep because he did not say he wouldn't kneel.

Meanwhile, Manziel still getting hype for being a Top-64 QB.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Reuben Foster charged with 3 felonies for the domestic violence assault.

Aldon Smith showed up for his ankle monitor/are you drunk device with a BAC of .41.

Awesome shit happening in the Bay, I tell you.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Re: the Kaep workout

Adam Shefter (probably not the right spelling but he didn’t bother to get the story right before he ran with it so I don’t care) reported it that way. Multiple sources later reported that the issue was regarding what his off-the-field plans (ie activism other than kneeling) were, and he didn’t have a plan to give them so the workout was postponed. At no time did anyone affiliated with either party claim it was because Kaep didn’t promise not to kneel.

I still maintain this is all about protecting the Milquetoast Messiah from any hint of competition for the starting job. I don’t know if it’s coming from Pete or higher up, but the word has been put out. Don’t even think about the possibility of needing a legitimate backup for Wilson, because it’s not going to happen. And in week 10 when Wilson needs a break because the turnstile the Hawks call an o-line has been getting him creamed, we’ll bring in some journeyman reject to keep the ball warm for a few games.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Considering Seattle just signed Stephen Morris (QB) to the roster, you're probably not too far off.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I’m not sure I buy it when the Seahawks have cut pretty much any player with an opinion this offseason

What is “the whole plan”. What does that even mean? “Are you gonna keep donating your money to causes, or what”

Lame excuse

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    The people they got rid of were all also on expensive contracts that were no longer a good deal for the team.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Even the guy who is (barely) contradicting schefter says sources close to Kaep maintain it was only “will you keep kneeling”, as well as kneeling being part of the question for the hawks

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    The people they got rid of were all also on expensive contracts that were no longer a good deal for the team.

They love it when a plan comes together.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

The plan kept the Hawks competitive for longer than most teams that dont pay their QB half what they are worth.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Jubal77 wrote: »

The plan kept the Hawks competitive for longer than most teams that dont pay their QB half what they are worth.

The hawks’ competitive stretch came while they (mostly) severely underpaid Russell.. which is entirely tangential to anything being talked about

Seattle has admitted they value kaep’s talent level by wanting to work him out and aren’t, solely because of his politics. They’re just like every other team

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Almost feels like they’re hoping he’ll drop this lawsuit for a workout/backup role. That’s what I hear when I read “his plan”

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Naturally it did. Not just russ but the defense players as well. But they stayed competitive longer than most after having to actually pay the players.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Dez Bryant released by the Cowboys.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Not too surprised. He'll probably end up a stud slot somewhere as everybody laughs at Dallas. And ignoring that Prescott has shitty touch on his passes and struggled last year with any receiver not wide open.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I forgot Dez Bryant was still playing honestly. No I'm not Dak Prescott.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Not too surprised. He'll probably end up a stud slot somewhere as everybody laughs at Dallas. And ignoring that Prescott has shitty touch on his passes and struggled last year with any receiver not wide open.

I dunno. Heard a lot of analysts say that Bryant's lost his elite speed, and now struggles to separate without it. Lombardi says that he's terrible at the top of the route. Not sure we can really expect all elite WRs to play on like Fitzgerald.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »

I dunno. Heard a lot of analysts say that Bryant's lost his elite speed, and now struggles to separate without it. Lombardi says that he's terrible at the top of the route. Not sure we can really expect all elite WRs to play on like Fitzgerald.

This means he's great at the top of his route.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    hippofant wrote: »

This means he's great at the top of his route.

Also Cole Beasley:

Whether Dez's route running has actually gotten better and will be sufficient for him to sustain a post-injury, early-30s receiving career will be seen I suppose.

hippofant on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    It's sad that Kaep hasn't been signed by any team since his release. In a league where players can be abusers, cheaters, and addicts and still play, a guy who kneels shouldn't be blacklisted. The NFL be fucked up yo.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    The best, longish term solution for Bryant is a move to the slot. If Dallas didn't already have Beasley then keeping him on a reworked deal would be good.

The thing is, they don't really have a #1 and #2 and Whitten won't last much longer. Management wasted that line trying to hold onto Romo. Welcome the return of the Dallas Eight-and-eights.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    The cowboys are definitely going to take a receiver in the first round. Ridley or Sutton, maybe. They can’t go into the new season with what they have.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    In terms of important news, this one is the tops:

Mark Sanchez to eat four games for banned substances.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    The cowboys are definitely going to take a receiver in the first round. Ridley or Sutton, maybe. They can’t go into the new season with what they have.

That's a level of faith in team management that even *I* don't have.

• Options
    If Mark Sanchez is taking performance enhancing substances he needs to ask for a refund

• Options
    And as a free agent, his suspension doesn't start until he makes a team's roster.

So it's still likely that somebody believes he is a Top-64 QB and Kaep can get fucked.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Mark Sanchez still plays football?

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    God bless Mark Sanchez. I can't be upset for long about a Patriots loss when I live in a world where this happened:

Madpoet on
  • Options
    Honestly that video could be listed "worst players ever" and still be correct.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ESPN is spending time reminding us that first place teams play first place schedules.

Mighty fine journamalising!

• Options
    ESPN is spending time reminding us that first place teams play first place schedules.

Mighty fine journamalising!

Well there is no other sports news to report on than NFL SCHEDULE ITS COMING OH YEAH!!!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I look forward to the nigh-interminable post-draft coverage of predicting won/loss records.

• Options
    ESPN has a dude named Will Cain on the radio in the middle of the day who is mad that someone suggested maybe professional sports teams shouldn’t have cheerleaders anymore. He did the whole. “If you don’t like it just look away” as if that in any way deals with the problem. I thought maybe he was just a dumb jock but I looked him up and apparently he’s a right wing libertarian. Not a good look, ESPN.