As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone]THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!!!!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I've had a surprising amount of success with Kingsbane Mill Rogue since the patch. Like 5-2 or something. Mostly Big Priests and a few Warlocks.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Anyone around for a friend quest? I promise not to go afk this time. narwhal#1834 ping me in game!

Edit: Claimed

narwhal on
    Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I've had a surprising amount of success with Kingsbane Mill Rogue since the patch. Like 5-2 or something. Mostly Big Priests and a few Warlocks.

Yeah, it's been giving me problems.

I think the fact there isn't as much aggro around to burn you out is probably pretty beneficial right now.

Super tempted to give it a run-out myself. Maybe once I hit the Rank 10 floor.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    I reached the rank 10 floor this morning using Kathrena Hunter.

### Kathrena’s Secret

2x (1) Secretkeeper
    2x (1) Tracking
    2x (2) Cat Trick
    1x (2) Freezing Trap
    2x (2) Snake Trap
    2x (2) Wandering Monster
    2x (3) Animal Companion
    2x (3) Cloaked Huntress
    2x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
    2x (3) Kill Command
    2x (4) Spellbreaker
    2x (5) Lesser Emerald Spellstone
    1x (6) Deathstalker Rexxar
    2x (6) Savannah Highmane
    2x (8) Charged Devilsaur
    1x (8) Kathrena Winterwisp
    1x (9) King Krush

AAECAYoWBIcE+AiG0wK26gINngGoArUDxwPyBZcI7Qn+DPixAsS0AsbCAt/SAuPSAgA=

The deck is pretty similar to one that Kibler has been using lately; he has a Barnes and a Violet Wurm in the version he's been playing most recently, and doesn't have the Devilsaurs. The gameplan is pretty simple; pressure early with a Secretkeeper and Cloaked Huntress, or at least survive the early game. Mid game, drop the Spellstone and Highmane for $value$. Late game, smack people in the face with charging dinosaurs. I've found that I basically curl up into a ball and die against Aggro/Murloc Paladin, but otherwise the deck has done well against everything, including Spiteful Priest and Cube/Control Warlock.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Todays highlights

Warlock vs rogue: Gnoming a kingsbane (he had three cards left so good odds)

spiteful priest vs cubelock: stealing his full cube and then copying it. Then i stole his naked voidlord and destroyed his skull for good measure

Spitefull priest vs dmh warrior: stealing a dmh while he was down to 4 cards and shuffeling 9 back into my deck. Then putting myself out of fatigue range even further by stealing his armor spell. I think it went well over 20 minutes that one and we both got a good laugh out of it.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I had thought about making a Spiteful Shaman because I want a competitive Shaman deck, but then I realized that Shaman has no big spells. Just the 7 cost re-summon stones.

The idea of running double battlecry minion into Spiteful or Barnes sounds really pleasing.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

So that's why I got concedes last night when trying out my shiny new Sonya Quest Rogue deck. The deck is now 3-1 with the one loss to a dragon priest who played against me. I even completed the quest on turn 3 due to Feral Gibberer. Turn one, quest, coin and Feral Gibberer. Turn two, Feral Gibberer and another from the first one hitting face. Turn three Shadowstep one, drop him again and hit face for another and drop that one. Turn four wait, then turn 5 drop the quest. Too bad by then he had large minions so couldn't keep up to the damage, but it was sure fun to get it done.
    I had thought about making a Spiteful Shaman because I want a competitive Shaman deck, but then I realized that Shaman has no big spells. Just the 7 cost re-summon stones.

The idea of running double battlecry minion into Spiteful or Barnes sounds really pleasing.

VOLCANO!!!!

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

So that's why I got concedes last night when trying out my shiny new Sonya Quest Rogue deck. The deck is now 3-1 with the one loss to a dragon priest who played against me. I even completed the quest on turn 3 due to Feral Gibberer. Turn one, quest, coin and Feral Gibberer. Turn two, Feral Gibberer and another from the first one hitting face. Turn three Shadowstep one, drop him again and hit face for another and drop that one. Turn four wait, then turn 5 drop the quest. Too bad by then he had large minions so couldn't keep up to the damage, but it was sure fun to get it done.

VOLCANO!!!!

The 5 drop pool is spectacularly bad now

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    y'all

today i woke up possessed by an idea

an idea that clawed its way into my brain and dug deep in there

i had to act on this idea

and so now, after acting on this idea, and making a few iterations, may i proudly present: BIG DEMON ZOO

DVhpWc2VQAAH9QQ.jpg

DVhpkDHVMAYJ6rq.png
    AAECAf0GBKbOApfTApziAtvpAg33BPIFtKwCl8EC68ICysMCkccCm8sCyssClc4C8tAC/OUC6OcCAA==

So like, here's the thing. Zoo is a strong deck, made weaker by the nerfs, yes? Cubelock is also a strong deck. Cubelock can cheat out Big Bois with Skull and Lackey, and doing so is STRONG and GOOD.

so what would happen if i applied the same concept to Zoo and removed all the small 1 drop demons

Turns out it's... actually pretty good. Or it seems that way! I haven't played too much with the deck yet, still refining it. Originally I had the trio of Doomguard/Dreadlord/Voidlord, but Dreadlord wasn't cutting it (just very low impact getting pulled from either Skull or Lackey.) So I cut Dreadlord and just had Doomguard/Voidlord... but then there wasn't enough consistency for Skull or Lackey. Felt like I needed something else... so I was mulling over minions and realized, oh wait yeah, Felhound is a card, innit.

Turns out a 3/8 Taunt is a Good Card. Even hard casting it is pretty damn good and can potentially win you the game on the spot. But otherwise, it's a Voidlord minus Deathrattle, basically.

AND HECK, I BEAT A CUBELOCK WITH THIS DECK, SO MAYBE I'M ON TO SOMETHING

helps that people will incorrectly mull against you and waste silences on things like Darkshire Councilman :^)

Also the gameplay is kinda strange sometimes. Vs slow decks you just want to spam Tap for Lackey or Skull, cause you can afford to play that slow (at least til T3/4). But vs faster decks you just play it like Zoo With A Defensive Gameplan.

Edit:
    DVhs0YkVMAE8rXF.jpg
    beats spiteful priest too :^)

didn't even enact my BIG DEMON plans! just played the normal fast Zoo game.

shit y'all i had a 4/9 Lakkari in hand too that would've destroyed his life

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    Awesome looking deck. I've been playing around with similar stuff like fel hounds with lackeys but I hadn't figured out something that elegant yet. I've also been wondering if there was a way to incorporate Void lords into zoo.

Regular Zoo without patches is still pretty good after the nerfs, too, btw. As you demonstrate in your deck there's tons of other good one and three drops to replace the pirates with.

Anyway I'm probably going to have to break down and craft skull finally to try that deck out :)

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Voidlords are a very defensive card. 3 on the front is essentially no pressure at all.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    a story in three parts

first, despair:
    DVhuLKmUQAALMy2.jpg

then, joy:
    DVhuLKyVQAA2Eeb.jpg

finally, bliss:
    DVhvNd5U0AAv4xA.jpg

i think this is a good deck

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Yilias wrote: »
    Voidlords are a very defensive card. 3 on the front is essentially no pressure at all.

Maybe you could run something like blood fury potion or crystal weavers to help with that?

Cyrenic on
  • Options

Doesn't matter tho. Voidlord is just a stone fuckin' wall. It stalls out your opponent and protects the rest of your board!

And it can come out for free!

It's not a typical hyper fast aggro deck either though.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Tar Creeper only attacks for one, so it must be bad in aggro

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Dibby wrote: »

Doesn't matter tho. Voidlord is just a stone fuckin' wall. It stalls out your opponent and protects the rest of your board!

Seriously look at this

DVh10S8V4AEm9PE.jpg

How does any Aggro deck win vs this

I still had a Voidlord and Felhound in hand too

And I had already hardplayed a Felhound earlier, and played a 4/10 Voidlord the turn before Bloodreaver

I played out Lackey which pulled a 6/8 Doomguard which killed off his Dreadlord

It's the best of both worlds! I'm 8-1 with this deck so far!!

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    Not running Golakka Crawler anymore would be a good start.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Crypt Lord in aggro druid was fucking insane and it has an attack of 1. Having a giant wall creature that protects the rest of your board from trades is really good in decks that want to go face.

• Options
    K&C added to the 5 drop category
    5/5 windshear stormcaller
    5/5 corrosive sludge
    4/6 cube
    4/4 arcane tyrant
    2/4 guild recruiter
    1/5 poison troog gloomeater
    3/3 green jelly
    2/2 fungalmancer
    2/2 possessed lackey
    1/1 furbolg mossbinder
    and 2/4 ixlid who is great if he survives but otherwise sucks. Only 3 of those have a decent statline

• Options
    edited February 2018
    f3AHKRH.png

BNxoVKz.png BIG BNxoVKz.png DEMON BNxoVKz.png ZOO BNxoVKz.png IS BNxoVKz.png A BNxoVKz.png GOOD BNxoVKz.png DECK BNxoVKz.png

Also here's a replay of a game vs a Big Spell Mage: https://hsreplay.net/replay/b2Pi5hyLgWtYonVcZBSBNi

Was a real nail biter! Really intense game, but I pulled through cause this deck is bonkers.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    BNxoVKz.png BIG BNxoVKz.png DEMON BNxoVKz.png ZOO BNxoVKz.png IS BNxoVKz.png A BNxoVKz.png GOOD BNxoVKz.png DECK BNxoVKz.png

Also here's a replay of a game vs a Big Spell Mage: https://hsreplay.net/replay/b2Pi5hyLgWtYonVcZBSBNi

Was a real nail biter! Really intense game, but I pulled through cause this deck is bonkers.

Now work in Spiteful summoners with DOOM and you've got yourself the ultimate in degenerate mechanics deck.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Lackey pulls a Doomguard after a board wipe, Skull pulls Doomguard in my hand.

It's Turn 8.

I have Bonemare.

That's 14 to face :^)))

Edit: I'm really in love with this deck, man. Like it's just fun pulling Big Bois from my deck and hand, but also cause it's my first successful Homebrew deck. I think it's legit good! I'm gonna see how far I can go with this cause I think it's legit.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Look @Dibby, all you need to do is get your deck to legend, take a screenshot, and post it on hearthpwn and you've got all the recognition your deck needs.

IMPORTANT! Make sure to create a clickbait deck title (example: 87% WR META BREAKING BIG ZOO!) and a mulligan guide "if this gets 100 upvotes".

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Be sure to have Big in the name.

• Options
    EZ BIG EZ LOCK

• Options
    Be sure to have Big in the name.

Yeah, that and an unrealistic WR % really brings the boys to the yard. Be prepared for:
    • People asking for every single legendary/epic card replacements
    • People saying they went 0-5 and the deck is trash
    • People saying they went 10-1 and reached rank 5

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    "Big Boi Zoolock"

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    edited February 2018

also i should add, voidlords in this deck aren't 3/9s

it's a 4/10!

or a 6/9!

or a 7/13!

this deck has many ways to buff up the numbers of my boys :P

i'm considering adding back in a 2nd bonemare, that card is fuckin' apeshit still

Edit: Ended today at 13-6 with a 68% winrate! Decks I have lost to:

- Cubelock running Umbra and Dreadlords?? This was also my first iteration of the deck though, it was still pretty jank and I was figuring out how the deck worked.
    - Jade Druid. I ended up playing too slow, had no early game cards. He curved out near perfectly. Simply wasn't fast enough.
    - Cubelock again. He got Double Mountain Giants down early, he got a Lackey out and it pulled Doomguard, he Faceless'd the Doomguard, he Cube'd the Doomguard.......... etc etc etc
    - Secrets Mage. He drew early Aluneth, got burned out. I think he had Ice Block up too. Probably should've just been jamming face more, less trading. And less taps overall. Also I attempted to Coin out Lackey on 4, but it was Counterspell instead (Explosive Runes would have had huge payoff and probably would have won me the game). So no extra mana, had to hardplay a Felhound, discarded my Lackey for next turn anyway :rotate:
    - Murloc Paladin. Shitty opening hand, didn't have any of my Big Boy taunts like Felhound. He flooded the board with CTA, no answer.
    - Divine Spirit/Inner Fire Priest. I burned a Spellbreaker on a Twilight Drake to kill it, thinking it was just Spiteful Priest. Got dunked on by a 24/24 Kabal Talonpriest. No way of knowing though~

Still that's pretty good. I think Cubelock is beatable, I've certainly won vs Cubelocks with this deck. It's maybe 50/50, I just need a strong opening hand and then either Felhound or Doomguard. If I get that strong start and they have no answer, I can whomp em.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I look at those screenshots and imagine fitting in my pet meme card of this set in, good old Void Ripper

suddenly the board is full of 9/3s. 8/3s, 7/5s, and 3/1s

Aw, Void Ripper is a demon, I figured it for an elemental, or no type. The dream is dead (for now)

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    CarthageCarthage Registered User regular
    Have you thought about replacing the Glacial Shards with Malachar's Imp (butchered the spelling, I know)? Seems like it could be worth it with the felhounds and doomguards.

• Options
    Silly question, but why does the Secret icon (the ? in-game) artwork look different in NA and EU? Seems really bizarre.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Carthage wrote: »
    Have you thought about replacing the Glacial Shards with Malachar's Imp (butchered the spelling, I know)? Seems like it could be worth it with the felhounds and doomguards.

Nah. Can't have any small demons, otherwise Lackey and Skull could pull those instead.

Also often I don't even hardplay out Doomguards/Felhounds (I mean sometimes, yeah, but not when I have Skull or Lackeys out).

Glacial Shards are actually pretty key for stalling out early aggression and other problem cards though. They've been very instrumental in some of my wins.

I'd say maybe the weak link here is Acherus? But even that's been useful to trade up against certain things (Northshire, etc)

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Glacial shard is a hugely disruptive card

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Silly question, but why does the Secret icon (the ? in-game) artwork look different in NA and EU? Seems really bizarre.

Iirc on EU they use a font that includes non-English characters.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Also @MNC Dover was asking about Skull replacements, and I offered the best advice I could (cut down to Doomguard/Felhound or Doomguard/Dreadlord, add 2nd Bonemare, etc)

But this is why Skull is so good in this deck:
    DViLPgRUMAAXxLp.jpg
    DViNc6UUQAAmnrx.jpg
    (I had two punch through two back to back Spreading Plagues AND a UI AND A MALFURIOUS......)

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Dibby has gone from rank 10 to rank 8 on this page alone.

• Options
    Thawmus wrote: »

yo i told y'alls it's a good deck :^)

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Thawmus wrote: »

yo i told y'alls it's a good deck :^)

I have a lot of shitty legendaries that need dusting and I am eyeballing your deck a lot right now.

• Options
    OK, so real talk BOYS! I took @Dibby monster deck for a spin. I don't have the SKULL so I replaced it with Malkazar's Imp, which in retrospect is a mistake given the Lackey. But I digress...

1bdlvrvvljro.png
    Nice! The smoke number.

95t5jziln73w.png
    No mulligan required. This deck is so good.

hvnrw01yaonp.png
    EZ GAME!

YO! THIS DECK IS LEGIT! 1-0! 100% WR! TIME TO START LIVING THE EZ BIG BOI LYFE!
    CAPS!!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I have all of those Big Demon Bois legendaries

I'm doing this

I'm making this happen