As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] hugs

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I bought castlevania 3 he other day on my 3ds, I either played hat one or 2 the most as a kid, but I could never beat 3

I’m sure I still can’t

Also why is there no virtual console on switch how am I supposed to buy the old games again for this gen that’s fucked up unless I just didn’t see them earlier

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    My new computer is awesome

I am awesome

Applaud me and my new computer

But can it play Crysis?

You know, I bet it could

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I did beat Castlevania 3.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    The game designer for Yar's Revenge (and, for the record, ET) talking about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqH4k_OEqhY

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Now I’m having a lot of trouble with Havel.

He’s huge and has a lot of armor and hp, but he attacks faster than me basically and I am running with katanas and fast roll. Have to dodge him, can’t just rotate, and I can’t get any attacks in without trading. Like if I R1 I get hit, except for after his one in ten heavy attacks. I can take him if I just dodge around and only attack after his heavy, but that would literally take an hour or more.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Yar’s Revenge is legit kinda beautiful and otherworldy today, with its insectoid protagonist, unceasing electric humming, and hypnotic shimmering space rainbow

That’s the one I’d save if all the remaining Atari games were in a fire

From that video above, paraphrased

"When you play Yar's Revenge, everything is pulsing, everything is throbbing, but you don't see that in screenshots."

There's some other neat stuff in there.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I'm ready to start buying switch games. Im thinking Mario first, but every time someone posts about Zelda I have to bite my knuckles.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »

He’s huge and has a lot of armor and hp, but he attacks faster than me basically and I am running with katanas and fast roll. Have to dodge him, can’t just rotate, and I can’t get any attacks in without trading. Like if I R1 I get hit, except for after his one in ten heavy attacks. I can take him if I just dodge around and only attack after his heavy, but that would literally take an hour or more.

Maybe hold one katana with two-hands?

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited February 2018

This DS1 Havel?

cB557 on
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    I'm ready to start buying switch games. Im thinking Mario first, but every time someone posts about Zelda I have to bite my knuckles.
    Well Mario Odyssey does let you see a Mario’s nipples but with BotW, Link is almost completely nude

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

use the pvp meta tech: katana running r1 spam

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Zelda is one of the best games in years

Even a year later I just start it up and play to have fun.

• Options

I’ve had my switch for less than 24 hours so I only have Mario kart, but it’s fun. I have Zelda already for the Wii U and i just...it just feels so...well I’m tired of my hot takes but it’s just lacking to me. The new Mario looks fun, but we all know I only bought the switch for bayonetta 3

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Link has a navel and mario does not. This is because link is the hero of time next door, born of woman, while mario was created by god in his own image.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options

Now that all the Zelda DLC is released, I would think Nintendo will release a discounted Players' Choice GOTY version around E3 in June.

• Options
    I bought castlevania 3 he other day on my 3ds, I either played hat one or 2 the most as a kid, but I could never beat 3

I’m sure I still can’t

Also why is there no virtual console on switch how am I supposed to buy the old games again for this gen that’s fucked up unless I just didn’t see them earlier

I guess Nintendo decided to

Switch up

Its virtual console strategy

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    My new computer is awesome

I am awesome

Applaud me and my new computer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bix44C1EzY

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    At least I also have Wind Waker HD to play through on the Wii U

• Options
    other strategies for havel:

he is parriable when he swings one-handed (DO NOT PARRY WHEN HE TWO-HANDS)
    he is an absolute fraud of a havel and runs out of stamina really easily if you beat against his guard. try the knight slayer ring.

• Options
    Uh Link and Mario are both born from god in his own image Shigeru Miyamoto one of the fathers of gaming.

• Options
    Uh Link and Mario are both born from god in his own image Shigeru Miyamoto one of the fathers of gaming.

Link and Mario don't look Asian at all!

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

pRV8O376H4WOC.jpg

• Options
    what other anatomical features does link have

please describe in detail

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »

In my head canon he has a penis but it’s in his hat

• Options

In my head canon he has a penis but it’s in his hat

b-but

ezlo

• Options
    I put over 100 hours into the new Zelda, apparently, so I guess I liked it

It def has a certain magic, a certain charm

Toon Link still Best Link tho

• Options
    "This neural network took a lot of work"
    first output: SISY PHUS

we are becoming slaves to the machine

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Haha worked, thanks again

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    sisyphus, thotslay, and garfield are all 100/100

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Echo wrote: »

pRV8O376H4WOC.jpg

Bobbykins Flymo what are you doing in D&D?

• Options
    edited February 2018

Haha worked, thanks again
    place your red sign at pontiff's, friend

your training is complete

Elendil on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    sisyphus, thotslay, and garfield are all 100/100
    partial to "lovetank" and "boopnose" myself.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I need to drill out some stripped screws in drywall anchors in my bathroom

Do I need a dedicated drill, or an "impact driver?" What is the difference? If you have a drill, you can always throw a screwdriver bit into it, right? But you cannot throw a drill bit into an impact driver?

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    I put over 100 hours into the new Zelda, apparently, so I guess I liked it

It def has a certain magic, a certain charm

Toon Link still Best Link tho
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjC30dOElHY

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I'ma let you finish but BEANZONE is the best

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Anyone happen to know how bad of an idea it would be to live in an apartment with a leaded glass door to the kitchen, and possibly some cabinet doors?

Like, if I don't lick my doors, I mean.

• Options
    Goodnight

Remember this while I’m gone

https://youtu.be/BDr742MGZJ8

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I need to drill out some stripped screws in drywall anchors in my bathroom

Do I need a dedicated drill, or an "impact driver?" What is the difference? If you have a drill, you can always throw a screwdriver bit into it, right? But you cannot throw a drill bit into an impact driver?

If they’re in drywall anchors you should be able to start them with pliers and then get them the rest of the way by hand. Or rip out the anchors and patch the very slightly larger hole.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Anyone happen to know how bad of an idea it would be to live in an apartment with a leaded glass door to the kitchen, and possibly some cabinet doors?

Like, if I don't lick my doors, I mean.

You’re probably fine.

My parents have made stained glass lamps and windows their entire life and used chemicals to patina things, soldiered old lamps which had lead in the joints, etc and have been fine.

Don’t lick them or expose them to heat and you’re okay.

This discussion has been closed.