As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MLB] The Stove is HOT

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Oh my god they've already made a promo of clips JUST FROM THIS GAME.

if they're making the production staff stick around they might as well keep themselves from dying of boredom

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    David Price, Chris Sale and Rick Porcello all asked Cora to start today. Yes, Rick Porcello, who pitched last night.

Alex Cora: "I saw (Nate Eovaldi) this morning and he was telling people he's ready to go. I'm like, 'Your agent is going to kill me.'"

We are fucked

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Eovaldi might be the dumbest man alive. He's had two TJs and was shut down for shit floating around in his elbow and he wants to pitch the day after throwing 90 pitches?

Get a big fuck contract THEN end your career.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    These fucking teams are WIPED tonight.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    PUUUUUUUUIIIIIIIG

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    homer a direct result of last night’s game

Welp now it’s a best of 3

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    That was a thing of beauty by Puig. He knew the second that ball left his bat.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Dammit now we’ll waste more actual good relievers

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Does Madson have Dave roberts’ kid held hostage or something

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    I don't know but I hope that's the last time Madson is ever used because fucking hell

• Options
    Strap in for another 18 innings

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Hey hey, can we say stuff like that when there’s an actual tie?

(Is it tied? 4-3 on ESPN.com...)

Edit: hahahahaha fucking site showed the pitcher change, the 1 out, but didn’t update the score

Fawst on
  • Options
    If this goes extras I’m quitting baseball

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

I'm afraid I can't let you do that, Jake

• Options
    Dodgers are blowing this one now

• Options
    Dodgers are blowing this one now
    They're getting very good at that.

• Options
    Robert's pitching decisions are BAFFLING

• Options
    I tried to be nice with my last post about getting very good at that but yeah, Dave Roberts is a fucking moron and should be fired but likely won't be.

• Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular

Pearce has our back.

(For real though I was barely functional at work today)

• Options
    Uh oh

• Options
    Going from sandy/Vazquez to swihart is a pretty big dropoff in catcher defense and framing woof

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    entropy wins

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Well let's wrap this series up so I can start looking forward to 2019

• Options
    Machado - still scummy

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Nunez would’ve bounced that throw and runners would be at 2nd and 3rd

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    *whew*

• Options

That's a crazy stat. 54-0 when leading by 4+ runs before tonight.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Nunez would’ve bounced that throw and runners would be at 2nd and 3rd

Devers’ defense has really been maturing.

Also, Brock Holt is so great.

Edit: also I love that story about the team giving Eovaldi a standing ovation in the clubhouse after last nights (this morning?) game. Eovaldi may have gotten the loss, but he was still a hero.

APODionysus on
  • Options
    Inside the spoiler is a tweet from the POTUS re: tonight's game

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Even a broken racist misogynist piece-of-human-filth clock is right twice a day.

• Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    Seems like hindsight masquerading as wisdom. Just because something doesn't work out, doesn't mean it was the wrong move. Sometimes you do the best thing you can and you just get beat.

The Ringer had an interesting article along those lines. They talk about the tremendous levels of information that teams have now which guides their choices.
    More recently, some teams have advanced even beyond that stage. “Cutting-edge batter-pitcher projections are based on batter/pitcher swing/pitch planes and the ways that those attributes interact,” the analyst says. As a consultant to teams elaborates, “There are some guys with an east-west swing, there are some guys with an up-down swing. So a sinker-ball lefty, not that there are a lot of them, versus a four-seam lefty, match up with two right-handers very differently if they have more of an east-west swing or more of a north-south swing. [Teams] are trying to optimize swing angle for pitch angle.”

I still would be pretty reluctant to pitch Madson though because jfc

• Options
    I just thought he sounded like a bunch of the Dodgers fans second guessing Hill being pulled when Roberts said Hill told him to keep an eye on him that inning he was getting tired

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Pulling Hill is defensible.

Going to Madson with two men on is not.

Dude has allowed EVERY inherited runner to score this world series.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Angry wrote: »
    Pulling Hill is defensible.

Going to Madson with two men on is not.

Dude has allowed EVERY inherited runner to score this world series.

Hey eventually* he'll keep some runners from scoring.

*Next April, most likely.

• Options
    I just want the Red Sox to win tonight so we can start the winter of WHERE WILL BRYCE AND MANNY GO?

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    NY/LA/Cubs/Boston

With a good chance both of them stay where they are.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I just want the Red Sox to win tonight so we can start the winter of WHERE WILL BRYCE AND MANNY GO?

Yankees

This discussion has been closed.