Options

[Monster Hunter] World: New elder dragon event. Squad up!

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    Stop giving me ranged steamstones.

Please?

Give them to me? I'll trade you my lance ones.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I now officially have every stone for every weapon except Hammer / Horn. Which is AWESOME since I only play hammers lol.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Where do you get streamstones again

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Oh! I got a stream stone for my IG finally! YAY!

hurrr durrrrr you need 2 for the upgrade

These mechanics are always dumb.

• Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »

What? I haven't bothered learning up on augmenting due to only having a single warrior's streamstone, but given how rare they are I had assumed you would only a single one per augment.

That's just cruel man, sorry that happened. :(

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Elendil wrote: »
    Warrior's Streamstones are a very rare drop from Tier 2 Tempered Investigations (HR 30+). Warrior's Streamstones and Hero's Streamstones are a rare drop from Tier 3 (Elder Dragon) Tempered Investigations.

For the other ones (in general):
    Tier 1 Tempered Investigations (HR... 14? 15? Basically all 6* monsters) gives you Streamstone Shards.
    Tier 2 Tempered Investigations (HR 30 min, Basically all 7* monsters) gives you Streamstones.
    Tier 3 Tempered Investigations (Elder Dragons) gives you Gleaming Streamstones.

Welcome to the endgame.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Satsumomo wrote: »

What? I haven't bothered learning up on augmenting due to only having a single warrior's streamstone, but given how rare they are I had assumed you would only a single one per augment.

That's just cruel man, sorry that happened. :(
    Rarity 6 requires 1 Warrior's Streamstone per upgrade, with three upgrades (for a total of 3 used to max it out). Rarity 7 requires 2 Warrior's Streamstones per upgrade, with two upgrades (for a total of 4 used to max it out). Rarity 8 requires 1 Hero's Streamstone, for one upgrade.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Augmenting armor takes multiple of the basic streamstones(or shards/gleaming depending on rarity) plus random materials.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    I don't mind the needing multiple of one thing, it's just that it's rng on top of rng to get that stupid stone you wanted.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    There's gotta be some sort of carrot to chase. It's not like your weapons are crap before augmenting them. Just think of it like finding a good ancient weapon in Diablo 3.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    my chase is bigger crit numbers

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    As frustrating as it is to get the wrong stones I already have two lances and a sns augmented to some degree and I have enough stones to augmeny more just not the resources.

They show up often enough.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    my chase is bigger crit numbers

Yeah, I was missing tons of hits last night but the few times that things worked out using GS last night was pretty great. I don't have most of the crit/attack jewels you do though.

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Today people get to fix their characters (I think?)

I'm guessing it's coming with the weekly quest rotation

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Warrior's Streamstones are a very rare drop from Tier 2 Tempered Investigations (HR 30+). Warrior's Streamstones and Hero's Streamstones are a rare drop from Tier 3 (Elder Dragon) Tempered Investigations.

For the other ones (in general):
    Tier 1 Tempered Investigations (HR... 14? 15? Basically all 6* monsters) gives you Streamstone Shards.
    Tier 2 Tempered Investigations (HR 30 min, Basically all 7* monsters) gives you Streamstones.
    Tier 3 Tempered Investigations (Elder Dragons) gives you Gleaming Streamstones.

Welcome to the endgame.

Yeah...I was recently initiated to this endgame and, well, at least up until this point the reward system has been great. The whole game has been here's rewards that you get from X monster, kill that monster. The endgame has a pretty large tonal shift in here's rewards that have a low chance of dropping and when they do drop, they can be anything! Chances within chances within chances! It's as close as this game gets to lootboxes, so it was a bit surprising and quite a turn off for myself.

Luckily everything seems doable without min/maxing.

Lilnoobs on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    The nice thing about Augments is that they make Rarity 6 and 7 weapons in line with Rarity 8.

My fully augmented Rarity 6 Jyra LBG has as much attack and affinity as an augmented Nergi LBG.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    "I'm helping!" - Me, as I crash a TTT run with a couple of PAers last night - and immediately run them both over with a Lance charge. Sorry about that!

As I prepared to wrap up my play session last night, I decided to finally start the Teostra quest, just to get the cinematic out of the way so I can join SOS's. I'm not taking this very seriously, so I go straight in with no prep except a Cool Drink. I should be using a Water or Ice weapon, but instead I've got a Barroth Stinger for +Defense.

And then it actually goes pretty well. Well enough that after chasing the big bastard off for the third time, I decide to down a Max Potion, because why not? I get him limping and chase him back to his den, which is when I discover that he can make the floor explode. Surprise first faint.

After carting I have a quick meal and finish the fight with just under 8 minutes left on the clock. The highlight was managing five mounts; I got bucked on the second, and Teostra stunned himself on the fourth, but I managed to finish the other three. Yeehaw!

I also joined a KD hunt, but I didn't get quest credit for the kill ... probably because I haven't technically accepted the quest. Oops. Anyway - how do you get onto the little platform he sleeps on? I wasn't able to climb it...

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I just carted five times on a tempered azure rath

What the hell

He got pissed off and then never ever stopped being pissed off

It was a machine gun barrage of fireballs

• Options
    I also joined a KD hunt, but I didn't get quest credit for the kill ... probably because I haven't technically accepted the quest. Oops. Anyway - how do you get onto the little platform he sleeps on? I wasn't able to climb it...

You need to be sprinting at it.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »

You need to be sprinting at it.

This. And don't let up the sprint til you get over the top.

I've found it helps if you yell parkour while doing it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular

What the hell

Respond with a machine gun barrage of flash pods?

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular

What the hell

Azure Los has, IMHO, the wildest enraged assault of all the monsters.

Break his wings or abuse flash pods.

• Options
    CalebrosCalebros a k a TimesNewPwnin Registered User regular
    Don't neglect that fire mantle either.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Think I'll make a Vaal Hazak survivability set to see how it compares to my damage set, that set bonus sound great.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    honestly for vaal hazak just having 3 miasma decorations seems like enough, but ymmv

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I have a feeling Sirialis means making a set composed of Vaal's armor for the health regen, not a set for fighting Vaal

Or maybe both!

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Think I'll make a Vaal Hazak survivability set to see how it compares to my damage set, that set bonus sound great.

The regen speed isn't that great, but it really shines when you mix in a HH Recovery L buff and some Rec decos. The latter two combined heal up your red bar damage almost instantly, which lets the Vaal bonus take care of the chip damage. It's too bad those buffs don't affect the set bonus, but I can understand why because you'd basically be invulnerable. Then again, all of this stuff + putting a heal augment on your weapon would probably make you Wolverine. :)

The Raging Platypus on
  • Options
    I have a feeling Sirialis means making a set composed of Vaal's armor for the health regen, not a set for fighting Vaal

Or maybe both!

yeah you're probably right

I can't decide which 3 pieces to take myself, all five look pretty great (fashion-wise anyways)

• Options
    Chest/gloves/belt beta seem to be the best overall, though you could also do helm if you wanted.

• Options
    Chest/gloves/belt beta seem to be the best overall, though you could also do helm if you wanted.

yeah, the beta helm looks so choice with the rest of the beta pieces

tough decisions

• Options

I run the chest/gloves/belt + death stench heels for the Handicraft bonus + eyepatch for WE. Makes my character looks like a Led Zeppelin cover, pretty rad.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Death stench heel wins best armor peice award from me.

Note: I am in a minority and many will give it to the dragon eye patch which takes my number 2 spot.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Have they patched in the cutscene where everyone loses an eye in late HR yet?

• Options
    I'm just a little sad that death stench heels pigment only changes the under color, so you're stuck with those yellowy bones no matter what.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2018

Or maybe both!

Been killing Vaal for a while with just the 3 Miasma jewels, easy peasy.

Yeah, I was thinking of the 3 piece Health Regen set bonus, Vaal Hazak chest, gloves and belt beta versions combined with Death Stench beta and Dragonking Eyepatch. no point in a full Vaal set.

These pieces got a lot of customization options possible because of the abundance of jewel sockets... Sadly my jewel collection is still a little lacking, but I think this set combination will really shine when I get the right jewels.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Evil MonkeyEvil Monkey Grover beachRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    "I'm helping!" - Me, as I crash a TTT run with a couple of PAers last night - and immediately run them both over with a Lance charge. Sorry about that!

As I prepared to wrap up my play session last night, I decided to finally start the Teostra quest, just to get the cinematic out of the way so I can join SOS's. I'm not taking this very seriously, so I go straight in with no prep except a Cool Drink. I should be using a Water or Ice weapon, but instead I've got a Barroth Stinger for +Defense.

And then it actually goes pretty well. Well enough that after chasing the big bastard off for the third time, I decide to down a Max Potion, because why not? I get him limping and chase him back to his den, which is when I discover that he can make the floor explode. Surprise first faint.

After carting I have a quick meal and finish the fight with just under 8 minutes left on the clock. The highlight was managing five mounts; I got bucked on the second, and Teostra stunned himself on the fourth, but I managed to finish the other three. Yeehaw!

Come play with us we miss you!

Evil Monkey on

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
  • Options
    I got my Azure Rathalos arena quest done so i was able to craft the first workshop bow, but now i need to upgrade it which takes coins from the double diablos arena quest and ugggh

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I got my Azure Rathalos arena quest done so i was able to craft the first workshop bow, but now i need to upgrade it which takes coins from the double diablos arena quest and ugggh

use the lance preset and let them murder each other, take potshots when safe to. it trivializes that one

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Just for funsies I tried swapping out my Bazel waist/Earplugs charm for an Odo waist/Master's charm, which puts my once-augmented Diablos Shatterer at 5% Affinity out of the box. 55% after WE, and 100%+ after I put down my affinity booster.

Anyway, Tempered Nergigante is down to 3 minutes flat. I think I can get him down to 2 and change if I can keep him from running back to his lair.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »

use the lance preset and let them murder each other, take potshots when safe to. it trivializes that one

I have literally never touched a lance.
    I've played like 96% bow, 3.5% sword and shield, and then i did the barroth arena quest with the greatsword.

steam_sig.png