As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    El Mucho wrote: »
    darkmayo wrote: »
    The nice thing is if you want to finish shields after Div 2 releases that is also ok.

Oh, didn't realize they could be completed after Div 2 released. Not that I think I'll have time to go back to Div 1, but maybe.

Only thing you're going to want to make sure to knock out is the legendary missions if you can manage it, if only because with div 2 I really doubt there will be a good pool of players to run those.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RhahRhah Registered User regular
    Yeah, I actually took up an offer from some redditor. The difference between running with PUGs who fail, PUGs who can maybe complete it with lots of deaths, and People who are decked to the gills is like huge. I used to be happy with PUGs who I knew could finish it with some tough areas (thought they were pretty well geared, didn't even know it could go better and easier).

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Yesterday's State of the Game was a big dive into how the 30+ content works, apparently this time around progressing through world tiers isn't just as simple as put on a higher level set of gear, hit the button on the map, but there's an actual task/mission progression in each tier that needs to be completed to unlock the next. With an interconnected set of bounties and so on. Overall sounds like the LZ will be way more dynamic, moreso than I'd thought based on the betas.

I am a little leery of "challenging missions are ultra hard" as there's no direct comparison to the first game, but if challenging has been retooled to be equivalent to legendary, I'll be a bit disappointed as the current difficulty curve is tuned pretty well imo. Of course it could just be them being "bad" at the game as they allude to so wait and see I guess.

...Christ that chat.

The tier system seems interesting and it's quite fun to see them saying "Hey here's a campaign. . .but then there's also this stuff after if you want to grind." Reminds me of Monster Hunter World honestly.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    This might be a bit disconcerting if you plan to play the game on a PS4.
    Ubisoft's new loot-driven shooter, The Division 2, is only a few days away. The publisher is taking an Anthem-like approach to the game's release and offering it several days early depending on where and what edition you pre-order. Regardless of when you can jump into the game, however, you'll first need to download a hefty day-one update.

As it detailed on its support website, Ubisoft is releasing a big patch alongside The Division 2 that includes "various bug fixes and improvements for the main game." On Xbox One and PC, the update will weigh in at 48-52 GB "depending on your region and preferred language," while the PS4 patch will weigh between 88-92 GB.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I certainly hope they haven't changed their engine to the point where every patch they push out needs to download the bulk of the game.

Double the size for the PS4 sounds very odd though. I couldn't think of a single reason why.

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Maybe something unique to the ps4 where it can't be compressed the same?

EriktheVikingGamer on
    Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Is that a 50gb update if you install from disk, or a 50gb update after the preload unlocks?
    Just started preloading from the epic games store and it's going around 100-200 kbps, don't want to have another 50gb to go on launch day.

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    This might be a bit disconcerting if you plan to play the game on a PS4.
    Ubisoft's new loot-driven shooter, The Division 2, is only a few days away. The publisher is taking an Anthem-like approach to the game's release and offering it several days early depending on where and what edition you pre-order. Regardless of when you can jump into the game, however, you'll first need to download a hefty day-one update.

As it detailed on its support website, Ubisoft is releasing a big patch alongside The Division 2 that includes "various bug fixes and improvements for the main game." On Xbox One and PC, the update will weigh in at 48-52 GB "depending on your region and preferred language," while the PS4 patch will weigh between 88-92 GB.

jesus! So does that mean for gold people we have to download that patch before we can play it on tuesday? Or will this be like Anthem and this patch goes live on friday?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    With the importance of launch day patches these days, early access is a bit poison chalice.

• Options
    What's crazy to me is like the game as it stands is like 48 gigs on my hard drive, so I have to redownload the game for a day 1 patch? Jesus.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I wonder if this is Ubisoft not wanting to share sales or something to do with Epic, The Division 2 won’t be available from any third party sources after launch.

Strange move, they probably gained a lot of Div2 sales from Div1 being free in Humble a couple of months ago.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I saw something yesterday that was along the lines of "the PC version available for preload is the most up to date version" so console might have a more meaty patch because of cert etc but PC should be good to go. . Double size install for PS4 is very strange though

Per the official site
    Download & install sizes

XBOX ONE AND PC: If you purchased the game on disc, begin by installing the game. You will then be prompted to download and install Title Update 1; expect a 48-52 GB download, depending on your region and preferred language. Whether you installed the game from a disc or bought it digitally, the final HDD install size, including the patch, will be 48-52 GB.

PS4: If you purchased a physical copy of the game, begin installing from the disc. Provided you are online, your console will simultaneously download Title Update 1 while you install it. Expect a 48-52 GB download, depending on your region and preferred language. Whether installed from a disc or downloaded digitally, the final HDD install size, including the patch will be between 90-100 GB.
    Title Update 1.5

Additionally, starting March 11, you will be prompted to download and install Title Update 1.5; expect about 2Gb in download, depending on your platform, region and preferred language.

Title Update 1.5 mainly addresses occurrences of audio missing or cutting out experienced by some during Open Beta.

So it sounds like preload is preload and the extra download for ps4 is due to it needing more hdd space for *reasons* and not wanting to print a second bluray. Bit odd that physical copies have to basically just download the game, like PC copies are often just a code in a box these days but it's strange to see for a console.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I'm just glad I have fast and unlimited DL internet these days.

80GB doesnt really phase me.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I didn't even know Comcast capped their residential products.g

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    They always have. It's progressively gotten "better" and they do offer an unlimited option, but they are still the only ones to offer caps on at least fiber lines which is stupid since streaming HD content is at least 5GIGS for a one-hour episode.

. . .and for some reason I thought "Three Days Early" landed on a Wednesday.

ED! on
  • Options
    I didn't even know Comcast capped their residential products.g

I didn't know I had a cap until I hit it last month. I swear this is new or the cap was lowered or some other bullshit from comcast. I know when I got on this plan I don't recall there being a cap.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2019
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    I've knocked out 3 of the shields since starting on Thursday. Got the HVT, Resistance wave 15 and world bosses done so far. half way on Dark zone landmarks and legendary missions and I need 4 more gear score to hit 290. I will probably stop after I get the tier 3 reward because I doubt the RNG will bless me and drop 8 exotic weapons and 1 exotic armor piece and the last few pieces for a third classified set.

Legendary missions are a bit of a slog but I've been fortunate to have mostly competent randos.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    Oh, the RNG will get you 7 weapon and 1 armor easy. Then screw you for 3 weeks on the very last one.

Or maybe that is just me. Been trying to get Heel for about 4 weeks straight now.

• Options
    MarsloMarslo is, the dirty frenchmen MontrealRegistered User regular
    I wrapped a contract iv been working long hours for the past 8 months and find myself with a ton of free time. The timing of this launch couldn't be better and I haven't been so hyped for a game launch since guild wars 2.

Iv preloaded already and setup an Australian VPN to be able to play on Monday. From what I've heard it worked for For Honor, no garanties but worth a try.

Have we got a clan rooster started somewhere? And did we decide on a name?

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I still like Pax Arcadia as a clan name.

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    I've probably destroyed at least 8-9 Heel's so far.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I feel like the Ultimate Edition is a ludicrous waste of money. Am I missing something?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    I feel like the Ultimate Edition is a ludicrous waste of money. Am I missing something?

It’s just costumes and early access to DLC this time around so it depends how much you’re into that. As someone who bought the gold edition the first time around I went regular this time.

• Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    Marslo wrote: »
    I wrapped a contract iv been working long hours for the past 8 months and find myself with a ton of free time. The timing of this launch couldn't be better and I haven't been so hyped for a game launch since guild wars 2.

Iv preloaded already and setup an Australian VPN to be able to play on Monday. From what I've heard it worked for For Honor, no garanties but worth a try.

Have we got a clan rooster started somewhere? And did we decide on a name?

I added a couple of tabs to the original roster list in the OP as I figured we could just add to that file. As for clan name, I don't think we've decided on anything nor has anyone stepped up to make the official one.

• Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Igpx407 wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »

It’s just costumes and early access to DLC this time around so it depends how much you’re into that. As someone who bought the gold edition the first time around I went regular this time.

It is pretty much just handing over more money. I splurged for the ultimate edition though but it I'm doing it largely as a thank you for all the tD1 I ended up playing and loving last year.

Numi on
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I pre-ordered my Lincoln Edition this weekend. The little girl at the EB Games was flaberghasted that I wanted to pre-pay for the entire thing and not just put down a deposit. (I guess people don't normally do that here.) I'm a bit sad that the servers go online at midnight tonight - technically 12:01 am tomorrow, but that's really splitting hairs - but I wont be able to even start playing until 2 pm tomorrow due to work constraints. Oh well, I guess I can't complain too much since my company did mostly pay for me to move to a new country after all.

I'm taking Wednesday off though.

26904.png
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Stupid wrote: »
    I pre-ordered my Lincoln Edition this weekend. The little girl at the EB Games was flaberghasted that I wanted to pre-pay for the entire thing and not just put down a deposit. (I guess people don't normally do that here.) I'm a bit sad that the servers go online at midnight tonight - technically 12:01 am tomorrow, but that's really splitting hairs - but I wont be able to even start playing until 2 pm tomorrow due to work constraints. Oh well, I guess I can't complain too much since my company did mostly pay for me to move to a new country after all.

I'm taking Wednesday off though.

You must be in europe or something. Its not going live until midnight tuesday est time. For goldies anyway.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Maybe I'm wrong then? I was told it was going live at 12:01 am on Tuesday 12 March, which is essentially late Monday night. And since it's currently Monday morning in eastern Australia, that would be... tonight? I have no idea how they are planning on enforcing the time-zone rules, but since we're only talking about a matter of hours (maybe one day at worst), does it really matter?

EDIT: Nope, looks like I was right. Game goes live at midnight tonight! From the Division 2 website:
    The Division 2 will be available on March 12, midnight local time for all players in every country. Therefore, players from Australia and New Zealand will be the first to access the game. From there, you can expect videos and coverage to start being published online. This also means that players who get a copy of the game earlier than March 12 will not be able to start playing until the servers are live.
    ekm2fcvgvupi.jpg
    Regardless, I wont be able to play until 2 pm tomorrow, but I guess that's still one hour ahead of the USA launch :biggrin:

Also, is there going to be a PS4 clan for PA folks?

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    There's no way to upgrade a standard preorder to the gold edition is there? Oh well, I will have to wait until friday to play.

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    There's no way to upgrade a standard preorder to the gold edition is there? Oh well, I will have to wait until friday to play.

Early access makes the chocolate taste terrible.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    And what about the kids? THINK OF THE KIDS!!!

EDIT: OH! It looks like EDT uPlay players are losing an hour, too?! Everyone else gets a midnight release and they are going at 1 am? Seems kinda harsh! I guess that's partially offset by PDT uPlay peeps getting access at 10 pm Monday night. One time for the entire USA... ouch!

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    I fully expect to remake my agent about a million times before I'm happy with the looks so that's about it for my early access.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Hrrrmm. After anthem I refuse to preorder this, but I sure hope launch is amazing so i can buy it right after.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I’m very angry that Division 2 isn’t eligible for my Origin monthly premium subscription monthly membership that I signed up for to download and not play Anthem! How dare they!

Drez on
  • Options
    Good lord. There's a "Lincoln Edition?"

Also is anyone grabbing this on PS4? Where's the roster list?

• Options
    Lincoln is the only one on the roster

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    So those getting early access in Australia should be playing in 8 hours from the time of this post as far as I can tell.

• Options
    Fucking criminals getting it before the country that's at war in it? Ubisoft are the real bad guys!

pleasepaypreacher.net