As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Honestly the outcasts are 8 kinds of bullshit, like their grenade guys can one shot you easy on fucking hard.

They need to rebalance all kinds of things right now at tier 4 because some of the fights are just awful as hell.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Managed to liberate Constitution Hall. Fuck you Outcasts. Between suicide bombers, molotovs and robot wars wannabes, they're the most unfun faction to fight.

Whoever "balanced" the hammer bois needs a swift kick in the ass and/or punch to the face.

Solo play is doable if you approach it more like a puzzle game - each setpiece usually has a right combo of kill orders and environmental damage to make it doable - but the game’s use of both melee and assault rifle enemies that rush you out of cover really wasn’t designed to accomodate single players at all.

As for difficulty, I’d like to see the drone buffed and cooldowns reduced. One of my main difficulties playing solo is that most big battles have multiple waves that require tools but the cooldown means I only get to use them once because of the pauses between the waves.

• Options
    Man the shield even the pistol version seems to suck hard. Like red bar enemies can wipe it out with very little sustained fire.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    The only thing that consistently screws me on WT4 are enemy spawns. If am doing a challenging bounty, for instance, and I clear out the trash that causes the bounty target to spawn, did I guess correctly which direction the reinforcements spawned? If yes, awesome, I get to continue playing! If no, well I died in two shots through 180k armor and 50k health.

The fact that sometimes reinforcements spawn way away in fuckoffville and give you a few seconds to orient yourself and get ready and other times they walk out of that broom closet three feet away like some kinda fucking clown car is extra insulting.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Fairchild wrote: »
    The writing on the Echo's in general is pretty clunky; the main game narrative is not the best but I have the feeling that they had a seperate person write the Echo's because they really don't match what the rest of the game is trying to tell you.

To an extent, the once focussed on the group known as the BTAB (I think that's their initials) seem pretty on point and inline with what little story we have. But yeah like some of the audios are basically think of the saddest thing, now go sadder, some of the echos are similar.

I feel real weird about the writing around the btab. I know the semi post apocalypse ain't exactly a fun time, but those guys are the only people in the game who have personalities other than "gung ho military asshole on the edge," "by the books military lamewad trying to get things done," and "needy, hero worshipping civilian." And that's just the good guys. Way to get me sympathizing with the evil ones

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    Man the shield even the pistol version seems to suck hard. Like red bar enemies can wipe it out with very little sustained fire.

The shield is useful as a panic button to get from cover to cover when you get flanked under heavy fire, but it feels underpowered for aggressive play.

• Options

The shield is useful as a panic button to get from cover to cover when you get flanked under heavy fire, but it feels underpowered for aggressive play.

I have an ubi bounty to get 25 shield melee kills and I don't know how I'll do it if I'll do it since the reward is so underwhelming to want to go out of my way.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

I have an ubi bounty to get 25 shield melee kills and I don't know how I'll do it if I'll do it since the reward is so underwhelming to want to go out of my way.

Yeah, only shop Weekley I see myself doing is the True Sons kills w/shotgun, hyena kills , and foam kills. I'm only level 16 and still clearing out the east side of the map so i don't see Black Tusks yet.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular

Yeah, only shop Weekley I see myself doing is the True Sons kills w/shotgun, hyena kills , and foam kills. I'm only level 16 and still clearing out the east side of the map so i don't see Black Tusks yet.

If you're not yet at World Tier stuff, that's the best time to do those weeklies. Also the most relevant, since by the time you're sitting at 450GS the rewards are completely irrelevant to you.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Page- wrote: »
    The writing on the Echo's in general is pretty clunky; the main game narrative is not the best but I have the feeling that they had a seperate person write the Echo's because they really don't match what the rest of the game is trying to tell you.

To an extent, the once focussed on the group known as the BTAB (I think that's their initials) seem pretty on point and inline with what little story we have. But yeah like some of the audios are basically think of the saddest thing, now go sadder, some of the echos are similar.

I feel real weird about the writing around the btab. I know the semi post apocalypse ain't exactly a fun time, but those guys are the only people in the game who have personalities other than "gung ho military asshole on the edge," "by the books military lamewad trying to get things done," and "needy, hero worshipping civilian." And that's just the good guys. Way to get me sympathizing with the evil ones

The game's writing is much less compelling than in the first one. I know the first Division's writing was done by a subcontractor studio (they gave them a shoutout on the first developer's video), and I suspect they got a different one for the second.

It's a bummer, really. The game's combat is really compelling, but I miss the push to explore that I got from actively caring about the next installment in one of the diary's stories. There is definitely no April Kelleher equivalent in the Division 2.

Phillishere on
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I ran the Jefferson Trade Center once before calling it a night and got the Merciless exotic. Sitting at Gear Score 443 with the game constantly telling me to do the stronghold for Tier 5 which isn't in the game yet.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Just a heads up guys, Woe Bundy is now full up. We have a few spots, but ive sent out invites and waiting for some friends to accept, so sorry for anyone who hasnt made it in yet. :(

PAX II still exists and has a few people in it, so we'll continue to be the scrub overflow clan I guess. ;P

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    End game collection activity spoiler... Just to be safe completely optional activity you can do...

10 of 12 on hunter masks! That 4 man pull is some hard bullshit when they can respawn forever. Now my last two are the wonky ones, but hey only need two!

Man the 1886 is a beast with a marksman build, you're only real down side is if shit gets in your face, but that's a marksman problem anyway.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Ran into that mystery faction twice today. Once running around West Potomac Park, I got the drop on them scavenging. Shot the scavenger, pulled out my sawn off to finish the second. Then a motherfucker with a chainsaw charges me. Got him but holy shit.

Then running around Constitution Hall, just doing events and collecting SHD caches. Suddenly my HUD goes wonky, so I started looking around. Nothing. Went on my business, did an event, got a SHD cache. This one was in a spot where you needed to climb into a building to get into an enclosed area. All good, got it, came out, about to go down a ladder, HUD goes wonky again and 4 of these guys run out at me. They actually hunted me across a few blocks and decided now was the time to ambush me.

They need to expand on these guys somehow. They feel like a tease for a 4th major faction coming in DLC, but I also just want them to remain these silent fuckers that just ambush you without warning.

• Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Fifth major faction. >_>

I will say that the fact that they're dead silent is the most imposing thing about them. If they don't have a tank, they're usually pretty easy to pick apart even if they're a pack of elites.

Also, Downtown West does have a Liberation project and SHD caches. I didn't find out until just now. I feel pretty silly.

Dalantia on
    steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    I've run into those guys in lot of different situations but it feels as if they are some sort of underground faction. Weirdest encounter so far was in DZ West where they showed up with shields made out of what looked like old school garbage can lids.

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    I'm still cranky that there are options to matchmake for literally everything except specific side missions.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    About halfway through my mask collection. Felt bad, though, as we spawned two in the pool and one of our guys was dead and respawning when we killed one, so he did not get the mask drop (but did get the key, WEIRD?). As we all know, though, cosmetics are the true loot, so he was pissed.

I love Hunters though. Favorite part is when things go completely apeshit and they get loose and suddenly they're terrorizing the entire map.

"Okay, we killed one, where'd the other go?"

"I dunno, but that entire control point looks like they just got flash banged."

They're hilarious.

Watching one rip apart TWO Sledgehammer bros is hilarious.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Individual enemy makeup is feeling secondary to quality of cover when defining hard encounters. Even with asshole sledgehammer heavies, snipers with the rocket launcher thing, engineers and turrets so long as los can be broken between man high walls you can do a slower more methodical circle strafe. Vs a 5 man patrol in the middle of the reflecting pool it’s hopeless.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Numi wrote: »
    I've run into those guys in lot of different situations but it feels as if they are some sort of underground faction. Weirdest encounter so far was in DZ West where they showed up with shields made out of what looked like old school garbage can lids.

They all seem to have spiky dark hair and headbands, so I'd guess they will be some sort of Asian-themed faction.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Very important question, can I turn off the display of body armor so my dumb costume is more visible?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    Very important question, can I turn off the display of body armor so my dumb costume is more visible?

No, but if you get lucky you can find a combat harness that has all the stats you want. It's basically just some straps with greebles attached to it. There are also certain cosmetics that disable armor pieces (the honor guard set and leather jacket from division 1 both come to mind).

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I, for one, like how all the ballistic armor in the world is useless against sledgehammers, chainsaws, and axes almost entirely across the board.

The harness armor is the best and I want to craft it. There’s a few minimalist backpacks too. I think there’s a rng drop chest piece that covers the armor..

The rider jeans, black tie, and honor guard pants all hide your kneepads too.

edit: ijs, sledgehammers needs to be a specialization for agents but better animated than the Defiance 2050 crusader.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Recalibration seems needlessly cumbersome and nonsensical.

Absurd Skill power requirements on mods and abilities lack of scaling needs some fixes, if not a complete overhaul.

Shields still seem pointless, what good is a bunch of shields that cant even tank minor red bar enemy fire?

I’m enjoying the game but these things annoy me, shield was one of my main priorities for this sequel and I’ve tried to like the new versions... But they are pretty terrible right now.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Lawndart wrote: »
    I'm still cranky that there are options to matchmake for literally everything except specific side missions.

Yeah... Matchmaking could use more love generally. Even within the clan, it's hard to know what tier everyone is at.

Like, what's the difference between Open World Exploration and Random Activities? I'd like to put together groups for ramping up CPs, but it's hard to rally people.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    In to WT2 now, hopefully picking up a couple of drops to get me to the second stronghold later. Made a new friend!

D2cQUxCXgAMZpGH.jpg

Seem to be going through a lot more supplies, but I suppose that's due to so many control points flipping close together

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Spent thirty minutes or more doing a 4 start control point in WT4 last night, fun was had by all and it was funny as hell. "Civ leader is down, someone revive....no, they're dead, summon more allies." Of course, the previous waves elites and boss are still tooling around as we restart, and summon yet more adds.

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Page- wrote: »

The game's writing is much less compelling than in the first one. I know the first Division's writing was done by a subcontractor studio (they gave them a shoutout on the first developer's video), and I suspect they got a different one for the second.

It's a bummer, really. The game's combat is really compelling, but I miss the push to explore that I got from actively caring about the next installment in one of the diary's stories. There is definitely no April Kelleher equivalent in the Division 2.

Not that it's super amazing or anything in comparison to the first game, but April actually shows up in in an echo in Judiciary Square where she runs into some Black Tusk guys. So she made it to DC...

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Been trying to find my way into this SHD cache in this bank building but it’s night and even with brightness cranked all the way up, I can’t see anything on my screen

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    There's one in West Side that I know I can't get to because it's in an area used for a side mission and DESPITE DROPPING THE ROPES they are not down anymore so I can't get back up because the doors are locked. grr

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Managed to finish that outcast stronghold then did the capitol so now I'm in WT1?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Been trying to find my way into this SHD cache in this bank building but it’s night and even with brightness cranked all the way up, I can’t see anything on my screen

The lighting in general also seems to just generally be incredibly prone to glitching. I had a contaminated zone that I was going through where the lighting just plain failed, so there were multiple rooms where the only way I could navigate was by using the chem launcher's red AoE targeting field to see wireframe representations of furniture. Fast traveled away and walking back fixed it...but it was pretty frustrating.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    So is the West Side Docks area in Div1 meant to be run with at least someone else? Cause it seems like I can barely go anywhere without being jumped by a group of like ten guys from all directions. Heck, I gave up on the initial run into the area because two packs of enemies kept respawning everytime I took a few steps away from the safe-house's immediate property.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Owenashi wrote: »
    So is the West Side Docks area in Div1 meant to be run with at least someone else? Cause it seems like I can barely go anywhere without being jumped by a group of like ten guys from all directions. Heck, I gave up on the initial run into the area because two packs of enemies kept respawning everytime I took a few steps away from the safe-house's immediate property.

West Side Piers is meant/tuned for highly geared players at the upper world tiers. A big part of how the open world spawns work in Div 2 comes from WSP.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I love exploring the map in Division 2, it feels a little like the exploring in D1 Survival.
    There's one in West Side that I know I can't get to because it's in an area used for a side mission and DESPITE DROPPING THE ROPES they are not down anymore so I can't get back up because the doors are locked. grr

Me and a friend spent 30 minutes trying to figure this one out yesterday.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    I feel exploring is more rewarding in div2 except for one very annoying thing: you can't open shd tech caches until they've been marked on the map at a safehouse. Super dumb to stumble into one and know I'll just have to come right back

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    m!ttens wrote: »

No, but if you get lucky you can find a combat harness that has all the stats you want. It's basically just some straps with greebles attached to it. There are also certain cosmetics that disable armor pieces (the honor guard set and leather jacket from division 1 both come to mind).
    Ugh, that's dumb. Why give people fancy shirts if it's almost impossible to get to see them.

Literally unplayable.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    "One of these asshols told me to eat shit and die as he was pulling the pin on his grenade. So I leaned around the corner and popped him one in the hand. Dropped his grenade right there on his buddies. Listening to them whoopin' and hollerin' had me busting up."
    —Agent Kelso, player surrogate

Note: If you are having trouble with stuff in game, just want to point out the following: Talents stack (there are caps). Certain balancing is built around this too, I would imagine.

• Options
    Missed my kills on both 11 and 12 despite a streamer claiming the unbuffed 50 cal can one shot them... Soon you fuckers soon.

Also I think the mystery faction is related to the keys. As I've been exploring the sewers and picking up keyboxes they tend to spawn when you collect one. And they aren't silent, they jingle.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Missed my kills on both 11 and 12 despite a streamer claiming the unbuffed 50 cal can one shot them... Soon you fuckers soon.

Also I think the mystery faction is related to the keys. As I've been exploring the sewers and picking up keyboxes they tend to spawn when you collect one. And they aren't silent, they jingle.

Doubtful. I get keys all the time I don't always encounter them.

edit: they mostly come out in the dark. mostly.

tastydonuts on