As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    https://gamerant.com/division-shield-guide-unlock/

No rogue shield listed. Hardest one solo will probably be all legendary missions.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Had a great survival run, managed to corpse loot enough people to finish that which finished my frosty badge! I'll just ignore that I had 3 absolutely stupid on my part deaths prior to that.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

No rogue shield listed. Hardest one solo will probably be all legendary missions.

Frankly trying to do all missions available on Legendary solo is probably not something I'd recommend even trying.

• Options

Frankly trying to do all missions available on Legendary solo is probably not something I'd recommend even trying.

Heh I meant as a solo player I'd do it in a group just matchmade.

Though last night I did do msg and the napalm one. I went full reclaimer 10k electronics. You don't get big numbers or can down people, but you do get amazing fucking heals and you can bomb groups of enemies.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

In the beginning of The Division things happened to turn me off to its higher difficulty settings for a very long time. It was just annoying and unfun. So, I didn't even bother with completing a mission on challenging difficulty until this year. Doing legendary solo, at 277 gear score and like, probably no optimization just seems like a recipe for more annoying and unfun. I'd like to actually complete the shields, or some of them... though I don't know why.

Also need to hit level 40 in underground, get the rest of the logs. Apparently all those secret achievements are for the PVP mode and yeah... no.

I popped 10 named in the DZ, got most of the landmarks cleared, and now I have to work on WSP and stuff. For intel, you don't get less if you rush the lower tier boards, right?

For the underground have they made hunters more common now that it's available to all? They felt rare before.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    They seem to come up often enough. Though you can have droughts.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    what's the current meta benchmarks now anyhow?

edit: did they weaken hunters in UG? I just hit 2 in my first multi-phase and I rolled them hard. I remember them being waaay more resilient.

edit2: actually everything down there seems like it has less HP. I confirmed I was back on WT5 too... hmm... also it disconnected me in the middle of my second phase. :|

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Hunters definitely feel weaker at times, though I generally solo in d3 so I can just tank them

What do you mean meta benchworks? Right now Class striker is the set of sets for everything to the point its going to get nerfed.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    what's the current meta benchmarks now anyhow?

edit: did they weaken hunters in UG? I just hit 2 in my first multi-phase and I rolled them hard. I remember them being waaay more resilient.

edit2: actually everything down there seems like it has less HP. I confirmed I was back on WT5 too... hmm... also it disconnected me in the middle of my second phase. :|

Depends on if you're on Hard or Challenging.

On Hard they're not too bad and definitely easier than they were at first. Keep your distance so they can't insta-kill you and they're not much of a threat.

On Challenging they can be a problem but the solution is the same you just increase the distance length preferably with a tight choke point between you and them.

And yeah as Preacher pointed out a defense set renders them almost harmless.

• Options
    Shock bullets too can make them easier, though that can fuck you too if you aren't paying attention to your shock level/didn't put a box down.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Shock bullets too can make them easier, though that can fuck you too if you aren't paying attention to your shock level/didn't put a box down.

Yup that too.

I personally don't like it because of the insta-kill risk but if you're careful it can almost totally nullify their self heal.

• Options
    Hunters in underground are scary but not nearly as bad as they are in Legendary, or at the end of a survival if you get caught by the "4 other people were walking by" rush.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Ah, I don't have striker. Or I do... I'm not sure. I probably have a spreadsheet for those since I was working on collecting them.

But I was referring to the hunter's ability to regenerate HP... I remember them constantly self-healing and dropping their own healbox down like in the space it takes to move between cover or reload. HP felt lower too, could headshot+detonate them to death.

• Options
    They can all like full heal, but not all of them use a box, don't know if that was a change from before I only started replaying in june.

If you don't have full class gear ninja bike builds work really well for pve. Like d3 body armor, mask, gloves with nomad knees and holster gives you a sub machine gun shield and self healing. Super useful for most pve encounters up to legendary.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    It's also pretty easy to get them leave the range of the healing boxes. It's practically necessary for the Hunters waves in Resistance

• Options
    edited August 2018
    So... trying to figure something out. Yesterday or Monday evening I used the optimize function my on a piece of gear and it put my overall gearscore to 278. Now it takes almost entire clip of shotgun ammo, and my marksman can't OHK with headshots from a distance...and that's the weapon I upgraded. This was well after the GE ended... same tier. Is there additional scaling in T5? I just... don't understand what's happening.

edit: also taking a lot more damage than before.

edit2: tossed the marksman into my storage to get back to 277 and ran another UG and the damage in/out feels like it was before... IDK. I know I'm playing on hard because I've been doing 2 phase operations...

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Optimize would not have done anything with regards to your damage or anything. It literally just boosts the gear you're using.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I have no idea what happened. It's back to how it was. I put hte marksman in storage.

but everything was spongy. even the power blocking pillars.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Did all the phases for UG shield, but still need 3 hunters in the UG. Switched up to take out the LZ and got a few pieces of classified gear. good rng :O

I also realized that I have a ton of commendation points to grind out. D:

• Options
    Did all the phases for UG shield, but still need 3 hunters in the UG. Switched up to take out the LZ and got a few pieces of classified gear. good rng :O

I also realized that I have a ton of commendation points to grind out. D:

Yeah the shield that's based upon commendation points is a little asinine.

Especially since non of that was retroactive.

• Options
    Ah, that explains why kill numbers felt like they were way lower than I thought they would be.

• Options
    Taken me about a month to almost have the 3k you need and that shield isn't coming till like november I think? Global events have a lot of easy commendations to knock out.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The only one I'm kind of worried about is the exotics one, as it's RNG.

Though last night I got both Hildr and Eir so... maybe the RNG will favor me ensure I never see another exotic drop again.

• Options

Though last night I got both Hildr and Eir so... maybe the RNG will favor me ensure I never see another exotic drop again.

Look up division boss maps. If you've done all the side quests in the solo areas you can run like 11 overworld bosses ever 4 hours, and they drop exotics, set and rarely classifieds. During Global events they also drop like 150 currency as well.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Yeah, I also got 2 classified pieces last night just doing LZ bosses for the shield.

I will no longer recieve classified pieces for LZ bosses now. Thanks Preacher.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Ha nah sometimes you go on droughts, sometimes you get like 4 in one run. Just make sure to bank all your exotics, I think I have all of them now.

I'm still terrible at the dark zone, I got trolled by some loud mouth shit the other night because I'm bad and he wasn't. Like I have a full classified striker build, but still routinely get dropped because I'm the bad.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Oh, I have a spreadsheet. I also cleaned out all the duplicates and other items in my stash earlier in the week. So much fun.

I'm assuming that when the shield goes active they'll have a checklist and not be horrible and just have a bar of N/26 for people who don't like spreadsheets.

If somebody attacks me in the DZ I just die. If I accidentally kill someone and pop the rogue achievement then I'll have to find and kill 19 more to pop the other achievement and I don't want to become the monster! Will have to check out their PVP mode too at some point.

• Options
    Yeah I need to do last stand so they stop fucking giving me the god damn communication about talking to keketch.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Boss runs, weeklies, and your bi-monthly supply drop and you should be able to fill them out without too much trouble.

My personal opinion is don't bother with the darkzone outside of dailies/weeklies unless you have a dedicated group. Solo it's just not worth the trouble.

• Options
    You can duck in and out of the dark zone for dailies most of the time. Rogue agents tend to rogue it out int he lower part of the map and you can usually avoid them.

Like I generally extract at the hotel and can avoid most rogues easily enough. Though I did have success last night when I was about to be rogue fucked by just not fighting back, they realized I was leaving and they were already manhunt 5 so they let me go.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Yeah I duck in and out to get them done every day. I think I've encountered one pack of rogues in the last three months. The manhunt mechanic has been pretty fantastic at getting them to fuck off to some out of the way corner of the map.

I usually extract at the parking ramp in the northeast that's right next to a gold cleaner spawn. There's been a few times where hiding and letting a rogue fight the Rikers that spawn has let me hook my stuff on the line in the last 10 seconds and then just take off without the rogue even knowing I was there.

• Options
    It also helps I basically only extract when its a daily and even then its nothing I really direly want or can't live without.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Oh god I had a survival where a dude sent me a message asking for a medicine I thought he meant med pack so I dropped one of those, when he died of disease I felt like a dick

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    How long is it taking you to get Survival mode pops on xbox, Preach?

I've been doing a five minute rule and haven't had one in ages

• Options
    Shouldn't be that long I mean depends late at night it can go maybe that long? But I swear its not longer than that. Then again I tend to que up and then go do other shit while I wait.

I FINALLY DID IT I GOT 20 rogue agents in the dark zone! And I also played a round of last stand so I don't have to hear shit about talking to kekitch!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Survival shield goes up today at 5pm pst or 8pm est. survival is free for a week like underground was so people can get it done. Its like 5 extractions, 5 hunters and 5 hours of play time (cumaltive not altogether) so really doable.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I left my guy in the DZ because he had barret's exotic chest gear and extracting was too risky, so I"ll have to take care of that and then I guess start working on that shield later tonight.

I wonder if the freebie Survival people will be able to unlock achievements during that time...

• Options
    edited August 2018
    I left my guy in the DZ because he had barret's exotic chest gear and extracting was too risky, so I"ll have to take care of that and then I guess start working on that shield later tonight.

I wonder if the freebie Survival people will be able to unlock achievements during that time...

I imagine they would? Like you are playing the content, the game would treat it no different.

And yeah I extracted some classified gloves this morning while there were two separate man hunts going on around me. I even went to an extraction I've never used before specifically to be like "Well this one is kind of out of the way and hard to surprise someone at."

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Yeah, I loggged back in today and figured I'd just get the extract attempt over with and then there was an extraction going on and I was able to attach my stuff, extract it with the duo and they didn't kill me. they actually invited me.

I ran away from the dark zone having received the items, and promptly logged out. the end.

• Options
    Yeah, I loggged back in today and figured I'd just get the extract attempt over with and then there was an extraction going on and I was able to attach my stuff, extract it with the duo and they didn't kill me. they actually invited me.

I ran away from the dark zone having received the items, and promptly logged out. the end.

I laughed I cried, I shot some innocent people and emoted on their bodies.

pleasepaypreacher.net