As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come to my [house], be one of the comfortable people

• Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    Wrapped up the new lighting in what is going to be the band practice room. Figured it would be a good idea to do that first so there is extra lighting down there to work. Now I just have to wait for some warmer weather so I can apply the Drylok. Should be on track to do that this weekend.

I think we're going to have an electrician come out and put in a new circuit breaker and run the outlets for the band room. We were going to tie into an existing circuit but the circuit we were going to use I think already has quite a bit on it so new one it is.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    If you tuck your comforter

How do you use your feet to carefully control your heat levels?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

Stick foot out to the side, bend at the knee so the comforter rests on top of thigh above the knee, then place lower half of leg on top of comforter.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    But if you tuck in your comforter, how do you climb into bed, then lift your legs up and let the trapped air slowly leak out so that the blankets slowly settle over you like the gentlest angel is tucking you in at night?

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    It's definitely Ian Liston
    But of course!

Ah, I love the internet. I’m glad to learn that certain sleeping practices (the leg tuck, but also @bowen - I do the leg/thigh thing too) are just a universal human trait.

Niko is a cover flinger (he crawls into bed around 1 am and sleeps the rest of the night tucked under my arm), but also a hot water bottle. I don’t get cold but I do miss the security (even if it’s a faux-security) of the duvet.

• Options
    But if you tuck in your comforter, how do you climb into bed, then lift your legs up and let the trapped air slowly leak out so that the blankets slowly settle over you like the gentlest angel is tucking you in at night?

The bed farts come out at the top and sides.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

Stick foot out to the side, bend at the knee so the comforter rests on top of thigh above the knee, then place lower half of leg on top of comforter.

.... in other words, untuck the comforter

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    Apparently bowen only tucks the bottom and not the sides.

• Options
    Yeah tucking the sides is weird.

Gotta draw the line somewhere. Bottom and very bottom of the sides so it doesn't look goofy as shit.

• Options
    bowen, you are a unique individual

• Options
    Maybe I will take a picture of my bed for y'all tonight so you can see the kind of monster I really am.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Maybe I will take a picture of my bed for y'all tonight so you can see the kind of monster I really am.

giphy.gif

• Options

giphy.gif

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    When the blankets are tucked in, I can only imagine someone laying on their back with their feet splayed out sideways, flat against the mattress

And when I picture that and try to imagine someone trying to sleep like that, I sweat bullets because that is inhuman when you could be being tucked in by the softest gentlest angel

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/sub/d/charming-tiny-home-rv/6551669599.html

How charming.
    Lovely tiny home camper in the tranquil hills of San Mateo. The 150 sq. ft. private guest studio sits in the garden of a family home. It includes a full size bed, 2 bunk beds, a kitchen, a full bathroom, and its own patio deck. The bunk beds also double as storage.

$1600/mo

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    it's going to suck when seattle rents get that out of control and I can't afford to live in an actual apartment anymore

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Too much attention for them, it's up to $1800/month now

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    $1800/month to rent a caravan in someone's backyard?

After currency conversion, that's almost as much as our mortgage on our house.

• Options
    We have water

But not much water pressure

=/

• Options
    I should make a whole bunch of accounts and see if I can get them to raise the price another 1k

• Options
    When the blankets are tucked in, I can only imagine someone laying on their back with their feet splayed out sideways, flat against the mattress

And when I picture that and try to imagine someone trying to sleep like that, I sweat bullets because that is inhuman when you could be being tucked in by the softest gentlest angel

This is why I buy king size blankets. I can give it slack from my head so that it replicates that snuggling behavior of the lift-tuck maneuver.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

Every time I forget to untuck the blankets in a hotel, I wake up with my feet cramping and tingly from trying to be the tentpoles in a circus tent.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Closing at 10am on wednesday. The rest of that day and thursday are going to be all moving. Just want it to be done already

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Back when I used to have a bed to myself I would sleep with my feet hanging off the end of the bed so they could point straight down when I was sleeping on my stomach. It was the most amazing sleep.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Back when I used to have a bed to myself I would sleep with my feet hanging off the end of the bed so they could point straight down when I was sleeping on my stomach. It was the most amazing sleep.
    THE FEETS ARE OPEN TO BE EATEN BY MONSTERS

THE FEETS ARE OPEN TO BE EATEN BY MONSTERS

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Any monsters that wanna munch my feet got their own problems to deal with.

Hey, monsters? You nasty.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    Sleeping is for chumps. It's all about tossing and turning and waking up in strange and new pain every morning and hacking up for twenty minutes. It's called being an adult.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Sleeping is for chumps. It's all about tossing and turning and waking up in strange and new pain every morning and hacking up for twenty minutes. It's called being an adult.

Also remembering about that time when you did that thing that was embarrassing and/or stupid.

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    Haha. I know, right?

Anyways, houses, houses, right. Yeah. I've been finding rat shit around the house, which is dispiriting because we got both a cat and a terrier and, like, guys, this is literally your fucking job. You were literally bred to do this. You should merk this fucking friendo before he shits again. What are we feeding you for here?

Not sure what the solution is here. Burn down the house? Help me out, America.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what the best method is but stay away from poison, especially with a cat and a terrier around. Otherwise you're going to end up with some vet bills at best and deaths at worst. Maybe try to find out where it/they are coming from and block it off?

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I slept all of last night. Like I went to bed, fell asleep and didn't wake up again until my alarm went off.

I felt very confused. I was like it can't be the morning, I haven't woken up three times yet.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the best method is but stay away from poison, especially with a cat and a terrier around. Otherwise you're going to end up with some vet bills at best and deaths at worst. Maybe try to find out where it/they are coming from and block it off?

Poison in the ceiling cavity can work, rats often live up there and pets generally don't get in (unless your cat does?)
    Blake T wrote: »
    I slept all of last night. Like I went to bed, fell asleep and didn't wake up again until my alarm went off.

I felt very confused. I was like it can't be the morning, I haven't woken up three times yet.

Congrats! I lately seem to have moved from not being able to sleep and then sleeping in unless I set an alarm to being tired and falling asleep easily and waking up strangely early and not being able to get back to sleep. It's confusing and frustrating at times.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Haha. I know, right?

Anyways, houses, houses, right. Yeah. I've been finding rat shit around the house, which is dispiriting because we got both a cat and a terrier and, like, guys, this is literally your fucking job. You were literally bred to do this. You should merk this fucking friendo before he shits again. What are we feeding you for here?

Not sure what the solution is here. Burn down the house? Help me out, America.

Traps rather than poison would be your best bet.

Blake T on
  • Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    We had a bird build a nest on top of the wreath for our door that we did not know about. When my wife took down the wreath an egg fell out and smashed onto the floor. She was distraught for a couple of days, so we decided we would do something nice for the birds and put out a bird feeder. Two days later we saw our first hawk sitting on the ground! ... and saw little flappy wings of what itcaught.

Sorry little birds we are 0 for 2 here.

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I mean, doesn't that just make it a doubly effective bird feeder?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Don’t use poison, if you can avoid it.

Mainly because you don’t want a rat eating it, getting a tummy ache and crawling into your walls and dying, because it will create an unholy stink you cannot do a damned thing about without tearing open a wall.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Traps are the way to go. Bait them with peanut butter, set them against the baseboards where you have seen poop, and check them every morning.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Traps are the way to go. Bait them with peanut butter, set them against the baseboards where you have seen poop, and check them every morning.

Chocolate works just as well, but is less messy.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I hung a bird feeder in my yard because we have a ton of Cardinals and they look very pretty, and there was this big wooden post in the center of the yard when we moved in with a hanging spot already drilled into it. It was awesome and my wife and I sat and watched birds and felt like we were adults enjoying our home.

That lasted about 10 minutes until SQUIRRELS converged from all sides and it has been an all out war ever since.

I cut up an amazon box to try to create a baffle so they couldn't climb the post and those fuckers figured out how to climb up the steps to the patio and jump and Nathan Drake hang on the baffle and do a goddamn pull up to get up there.

There's also some weird mutant squirrel disease going around because we have 2 that are bizarre. One we call Black Phillip (from the Witch movie) - he is an all black squirrel with NO FUR on his tail whatsoever. He's insane and just throws himself at the feeder to knock stuff out. We thought he was a rat until we watched him climb. He looks like a huge black rat. The other is Bob and Bob has no tail at all. Like a little stub like a rabbits tail. We thought he was a rabbit until HE climbed.

I have let the feeder sit empty for a few days because I am burning through birdseed because they just dump it all out every day I fill it up. It's empty by the time I get home from work. They're insane.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I hung a bird feeder in my yard because we have a ton of Cardinals and they look very pretty, and there was this big wooden post in the center of the yard when we moved in with a hanging spot already drilled into it. It was awesome and my wife and I sat and watched birds and felt like we were adults enjoying our home.

That lasted about 10 minutes until SQUIRRELS converged from all sides and it has been an all out war ever since.

I cut up an amazon box to try to create a baffle so they couldn't climb the post and those fuckers figured out how to climb up the steps to the patio and jump and Nathan Drake hang on the baffle and do a goddamn pull up to get up there.

There's also some weird mutant squirrel disease going around because we have 2 that are bizarre. One we call Black Phillip (from the Witch movie) - he is an all black squirrel with NO FUR on his tail whatsoever. He's insane and just throws himself at the feeder to knock stuff out. We thought he was a rat until we watched him climb. He looks like a huge black rat. The other is Bob and Bob has no tail at all. Like a little stub like a rabbits tail. We thought he was a rabbit until HE climbed.

I have let the feeder sit empty for a few days because I am burning through birdseed because they just dump it all out every day I fill it up. It's empty by the time I get home from work. They're insane.

Squirrels are awful.

Red squirrels are the most awful.

I need to set my trap out again to keep those bastards from digging into the siding of my sun room.

This discussion has been closed.