As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] The Sacrifice is here!

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Nyysjan wrote: »
    Started playing late yesterday, just managed to get out of Earth and so far the gameplay is pretty fun.
    But i do have some questions, mainly, what the heck am i?
    Am i a robot? An AI capable of jumping bodies? Someone wearing a rather snug power armor? Brain and spine in a jar that can be switched between robot bodies?

Oh, the game definitely never gets into that... *wink*

Yeah, just keep playing and unlocking junctions and doing the quests. Things will be explained!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I love Warframe's subreddit

djnybf2sxv9o.png

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I use Titania for PoE because her 4's augment makes her faster than light.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    So, I just did Octavia's anthem. The quest was cool, but. It just gives you the main blueprint, not the parts? And there's zero hints as to where you could get the parts?

You know, DE, designing your game under the assumption that the player will have the wiki open in their phone while playing at all times is kind of shitty design. Let's check what the parts require...

...apparently the pieces for Octavia require, in order: solving a puzzle room that might appear sometimes in Lua missions, a 20% chance of drop in the C rotation of Derelict Survival (so one chance every 20 minutes in a mission that requires spending resources to enter and which most people are probably not really doing), and a chance in one cache in one specific mission on Lua. What the bowling fuck? O_o Okay, first, how is anyone supposed to find out about this, and second, wow, between how bad I am at finding caches and how much I hate survival missions I'm clearly not getting Octavia anytime soon.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    So, I just did Octavia's anthem. The quest was cool, but. It just gives you the main blueprint, not the parts? And there's zero hints as to where you could get the parts?

You know, DE, designing your game under the assumption that the player will have the wiki open in their phone while playing at all times is kind of shitty design. Let's check what the parts require...

...apparently the pieces for Octavia require, in order: solving a puzzle room that might appear sometimes in Lua missions, a 20% chance of drop in the C rotation of Derelict Survival (so one chance every 20 minutes in a mission that requires spending resources to enter and which most people are probably not really doing), and a chance in one cache in one specific mission on Lua. What the bowling fuck? O_o Okay, first, how is anyone supposed to find out about this, and second, wow, between how bad I am at finding caches and how much I hate survival missions I'm clearly not getting Octavia anytime soon.

While this doesn't entirely refute what you're saying, I'm under the impression that they publish where to find things in the release notes of a given update, which is then swiftly added to the wiki. Like, I don't really think they expect players to toil in search of secrets, instead they just implement things in whatever manner "best" feeds the grind.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I started playing again and I've already defaulted to havin a tab on my browser for where to find x in warframe.

On a related note I didn't see the x box one clan in the OP if there is one. My live tag is same as here if anybody wants a friend.

• Options
    By the way, Ivara is hilarious and I should have just bought her ages ago to go through the starmap.

Octavia quest spoilers:
    So there's a pile of Sentients in Octavia's quest. My Operator mode sucks something fierce, but my Hek hits hard enough that I can kill a sentient in 3 or 4 direct impact shots even with the resistances they grow. So what I did was sneak with Ivara right next to them, unload, and by the time the rest came in screaming I was already invisible again. Repeat to calmly kill every quest sentient without issue, if slowly.

(Also, Polyp dealt serious damage to them, though sadly when they grew a resistance to Slash damage her attacks became ineffective. I love my weird dog.)

• Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    i'm so glad you got ivra. now get a synoid gammacor and never not be stealthed through every mission =)

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Started playing late yesterday, just managed to get out of Earth and so far the gameplay is pretty fun.
    Am i a robot? An AI capable of jumping bodies? Someone wearing a rather snug power armor? Brain and spine in a jar that can be switched between robot bodies?
    And what would be an easy early game way to get different weapons? apart from real money or the credit store in your ship.
    Mainly after a single sword (should have picked one at the start, because i could have just bought the staff later).

The Skana (the sword) can also be bought for credits. It sucks however, the staff is better. You'll can get a somewhat better sword (Cronus) by defeating Vor on Mercury, and get the blueprint for a much better sword (Heat Sword) through the Mercury Junction on Venus. Heat Sword requires Neural Sensors though, and if you don't get those through weird means you'll have to go to jupiter to get some.
    Getting the Braton (which can also be bought for credits) is a good first buy, giving you a steady (though hardly amazing) rifle to begin your work.

For most weapons you need to buy a blueprint of the market (credits) and then collect the necessary materials to craft it.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Im crafting my first new warframe and after building each part then combining them it takes 4 and 1/2 days to build a rhino and that kind of sucks.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    It takes 84 hours (72 hours+12 hours or 3½ days) to craft a Warframe.
    All components can be crafted simultaneously, THEN it takes 3 days to assemble the frame.

And yeah. It's one of the ways they get the impatient to part with their platinum, but don't. There is always something else you can do for those few days. Like getting more credits/materials and going for the next project after that.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »

While this doesn't entirely refute what you're saying, I'm under the impression that they publish where to find things in the release notes of a given update, which is then swiftly added to the wiki. Like, I don't really think they expect players to toil in search of secrets, instead they just implement things in whatever manner "best" feeds the grind.

Also, DE started publicly posting all the drop tables for everything in the game a while back. So it's not like they're hiding anything.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    DE's problem isn't transparency of drop tables, it's frequently not explaining how to do anything inside their actual game. "There's a wiki" is not good UX design!

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    DE's problem isn't transparency of drop tables, it's frequently not explaining how to do anything inside their actual game. "There's a wiki" is not good UX design!

no fuck you figure it out!

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    something something its only a beta

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

But also like, look at this shit:
    ...apparently the pieces for Octavia require, in order: solving a puzzle room that might appear sometimes in Lua missions, a 20% chance of drop in the C rotation of Derelict Survival (so one chance every 20 minutes in a mission that requires spending resources to enter and which most people are probably not really doing), and a chance in one cache in one specific mission on Lua.

This is so dumb! I did the quest to get the frame! Why make it so hard to actually get the thing I just did the quest to get!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    the way of actually getting the octavia (and harrow) parts also sucks ass yes
    ivara's pretty awful too

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    you are all weak. grind forever like god intended

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    And what would be an easy early game way to get different weapons? apart from real money or the credit store in your ship.
    Mainly after a single sword (should have picked one at the start, because i could have just bought the staff later).

The Skana (the sword) can also be bought for credits. It sucks however, the staff is better. You'll can get a somewhat better sword (Cronus) by defeating Vor on Mercury, and get the blueprint for a much better sword (Heat Sword) through the Mercury Junction on Venus. Heat Sword requires Neural Sensors though, and if you don't get those through weird means you'll have to go to jupiter to get some.
    Getting the Braton (which can also be bought for credits) is a good first buy, giving you a steady (though hardly amazing) rifle to begin your work.

For most weapons you need to buy a blueprint of the market (credits) and then collect the necessary materials to craft it.
    Really, from where?
    Yes, i know i can get the blueprint from market, but that's not buying a sword, that's crafting one.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Really, from where?
    Yes, i know i can get the blueprint from market, but that's not buying a sword, that's crafting one.

Only the blueprint, actually. The Mk-1 Bo is available for credits outright (all the Mk-1 weapons are), but not the Skana, which probably makes the Skana the better choice in the tutorial since either one will be fine until you can get the other.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    I thought going to bed right after doing Chains of Harrow was spooky but this...
    (not actually a spoiler, just image)
    zbob0x418upf.jpg
    that's some nightmare fuel

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    No, the kavats that got bred with kubrow dna before DE stopped that bug are nightmare fuel.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    I thought going to bed right after doing Chains of Harrow was spooky but this...
    zbob0x418upf.jpg
    913C11CE16A2B56922374A831E4EE9C984D078BD

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »

But also like, look at this shit:
    ...apparently the pieces for Octavia require, in order: solving a puzzle room that might appear sometimes in Lua missions, a 20% chance of drop in the C rotation of Derelict Survival (so one chance every 20 minutes in a mission that requires spending resources to enter and which most people are probably not really doing), and a chance in one cache in one specific mission on Lua.

This is so dumb! I did the quest to get the frame! Why make it so hard to actually get the thing I just did the quest to get!

Yeah, honestly, that kinda pisses me off. Like, I did Inaros and it gave me the blueprints to MAKE Inaros. That makes sense. But then I do the quest for Octavia and after doing it I have to go do some completely unrelated random drop shit to make the frame I just spent an hour-long quest earning? Like, of the three things you need to do, the only one that makes even the slightest sense is the music puzzle one, and it still should be said inside the game.

Honestly, I'm wondering if, grind for grind's sake, it won't be more productive to just grind relics instead and sell the results for plat to buy her, overall. Just the survival mission one averages to almost 2 hours of constant Survival (and I hate Survival) with average luck, which I think my eighty plus runs at Ivara's blueprint show I don't have. 2 hours of relic grinding can be a reasonable amount of plat.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Iblis wrote: »
    zbob0x418upf.jpg

Jesus, give us a warning or something!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Katsuhiro 1139Katsuhiro 1139 Dublin, IrelandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Magell wrote: »
    I started playing again and I've already defaulted to havin a tab on my browser for where to find x in warframe.

On a related note I didn't see the x box one clan in the OP if there is one. My live tag is same as here if anybody wants a friend.

Magell, I don't think there's an Xbox clan for PA, but I have a clan if you ever want to join. My gamertag is the same as my username here: ping me an FR and I can help you out if you get stuck or have any questions - I'm based in Ireland so working in a European timezone, but that doesn't mean we can't have space adventures at odd hours if you're States-side!

Katsuhiro 1139 on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    There's an Xbox clan for PA. Unavoidable Dojo Prerequisite.

• Options
    Tried the Index, since people said it was a good way to get credits. Honestly, anything above low mostly seems a great way to lose a bunch of credits when you don't reach the index point cutoff to actually get any money, since your cpu partners don't score for crap so it's basically all you.

• Options
    cpu partners

Found your problem. Don't do it solo

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Hooray! MR 10 achieved. Still really enjoying myself. I have a Corinth cooking right now, and I'd love to hear your build ideas for it.

edit: Also what's all this fuss about it's hard to get Harrow parts I have like 40 of those chassis BP's right now /s

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Darmak wrote: »
    cpu partners

Found your problem. Don't do it solo

I spent all my credits and mod juice pimping out Excal Umbra so if you wanna do some index farming this evening I would definitely help.

Konphujun on
    Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    Hooray! MR 10 achieved. Still really enjoying myself. I have a Corinth cooking right now, and I'd love to hear your build ideas for it.

edit: Also what's all this fuss about it's hard to get Harrow parts I have like 40 of those chassis BP's right now /s

Chassis is easy. Other two are a pain.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    edited June 2018

My Corinth setup is: Shell Shock, Contagious Spread, Primed Point Blank, Charged Shell, Toxic Barrage, Blaze, Primed Ravage, Hell’s Chamber.

I have yet to encounter anything that I can’t kill in at most two shots, barring cheesy stuff like Juggernauts or the Stalker. It’s actually my go to gun right now, though the secondary fire takes a bit of getting used to in regards to proper range for the grenade to actually explode.

Konphujun on
    Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    Worth noting Ivara can detonate the grenade much closer using Navigator.

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Iblis wrote: »
    zbob0x418upf.jpg

Jesus, give us a warning or something!

It just wants to be your friend!

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Fuck you Suumbaat. 20k each for the Eidolon gem blueprints is whatever the Plains equivalent of highway robbery is. I’ll pay it, but feh. It’ll take awhile to get them. I might be better off selling fish to buy them.

Oh well. ZephyrP is building, I need to farm up some forma.

Cuthol are annoying cause I need a hotspot, but not too bad.

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »
    Fuck you Suumbaat. 20k each for the Eidolon gem blueprints is whatever the Plains equivalent of highway robbery is. I’ll pay it, but feh. It’ll take awhile to get them. I might be better off selling fish to buy them.

that blueprint is not super usefull, much better to just kill eidolons when you login at plains night

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »
    Feldorn wrote: »

that blueprint is not super usefull, much better to just kill eidolons when you login at plains night

I mean the ones for Nyth and Sentrium.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Oh wow, you are playing Warframe now, Magell. Welcome!

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
This discussion has been closed.