As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PlayStation’s Insomniac’s Marvel’s Spider-Man, Out September 7

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Now we need a black version of the suit.

And dance moves.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    The idea of a Superior Spider Man game was mentioned and now I can't stop thinking about it.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Yea I wish they never released it.

Bleh.

Played the first part of the DLC last night (that was... quick)
    I like that it confirmed Peter and Black Cat were totally boning before.

It sucks, because clearly they were planning to release it as a Christmas surprise, but shithead whiny babies on the internet just had to throw their little tantrum because "NOW NOW NOW".

So Insomniac had to choose between 'release anyway and risk being misinterpreted as capitulating' or 'don't release it and risk gamers finding out and throwing a bigger shitstorm later because you "dared" to punish them for their bad behavior'.

It's not an enviable position.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Personally I'm a big fan of the parental stance of "since you couldn't ask nicely now nobody gets it" response.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I think it would have been best if insomniac said we have this suit, we were going to release it on whatever date, but the fan community harassed our employees, so we're not releasing it

But

There's a good chance the public relations people would be harassed or assaulted or murdered, so

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I think it would have been best if insomniac said we have this suit, we were going to release it on whatever date, but the fan community harassed our employees, so we're not releasing it

But

There's a good chance the public relations people would be harassed or assaulted or murdered, so

I think doing something like that would not only enrage the existing shitbirds to be even shitbirdier, but also provide them the means to bring more birds into the shitfold.

• Options
    I just don't think insomniac needs them

A few hundred or even a thousand entitled harassers should not be capitulated to

This sets a terrifying precedent, and I'm not being dramatic

• Options
    I just don't think insomniac needs them

A few hundred or even a thousand entitled harassers should not be capitulated to

This sets a terrifying precedent, and I'm not being dramatic

I mean, the terrifying precedent was earlier this year when a hate mob got a woman fired from her job for daring to be a woman in a gaming space who stood up for herself. This is more of an unfortunate coincidence and despite my love of the idea of them going "nope you can't have it now" that's a really bad move from a public relations perspective. It's easy for you to sit here and say "they don't need those people" but they actually have to think about the knock-on effects of making that call. I'm not sure this fits the bill.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I think you're correct, ok. I don't know where things go from here

• Options
    Yeah, there's a big difference between just eating the bad timing and unfortunate appearance of bowing to whiners, and openly going "I'm turning this car around and nobody is getting icecream now" to a pack of icecream addicted velociraptors.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I'd give them the Raimi suit, but make it mute Peter's comments while he's wearing it.
    No quips!

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I also imagine the person/people who made the skin wouldn't be very happy about their work being thrown in the garbage because people on the internet are whiny

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Also after anything sad happens in the story, you're unable to websling in any form for 15 minutes

• Options
    I dunno if this would be ethical, or legal even, but it would be really funny if Insomniac traced the IPs of anyone who harassed their social media team and blocked them from getting this DLC.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Replace all voice lines while in the Raimi suit with the most inclusive, diversity-positive commentary imaginable

make it the equivalent of Steve Ditko drawing scenes of Peter Parker yelling at campus protesters, and then Stan Lee writing in the dialogue to have him yelling supportive things

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    They really missed an opportunity to have a suit power that makes Spider-Man sob uncontrollably.

• Options
    Ceno wrote: »
    They really missed an opportunity to have a suit power that makes Spider-Man sob uncontrollably.

I can play that version of Spider-Woman on my own time

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

Ah yes, the "Suit w/ Sweatpants" costume

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Multiple Insomniac folks have tweeted similar stuff today basically confirming that the suit was always on the way and that it wasn't caving to toxic assholes, which is good but still utterly depressing that that was something that has to be considered

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'm sure all the total shithead pissbabies who harassed Insomniac employees will see that and see that ultimately their embarrassing temper tantrum accomplished nothing.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I'm sure all the total shithead pissbabies who harassed Insomniac employees will see that and see that ultimately their embarrassing temper tantrum accomplished nothing.
    I mean

The alternative is that the work the employees did is thrown out because pissbabies were pissbabies and that ain't really great either

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    New DLC:
    Oh great, Sable's taken all that character development in not being useless and ditched it so she can blame Spider-Man for all the absurd weaponry she left lying around being stolen.

I was hoping she'd come back as an ally looking to clean up the mess she left, but it looks like she's come back as an enemy blaming me for the mess she left.

If this game changes approaches and gives me multiple choices in missions, I'm choosing the option that lets her die. I am beyond done with her.

edit: Oh good, she got captured. I think I'll take this opportunity to do every single side activity I can.

klemming on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    I'd give them the Raimi suit, but make it mute Peter's comments while he's wearing it.
    No quips!

They get one quip, "Here's your change!" but at the same rate as all the regular quips.

"Here's your change!"
    "Here's your change!"
    "Here's your change!"
    "Here's your change!"

"Here's your change!"

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    In the new DLC what is the unlock condition for the armor suit?

I only just played the first DLC and seeing suits be unlocked by actually beating the DLC has me worried. I'm just worried the suit I actually want to use will be locked behind beating the absolute final piece of content for the game which would... well really suck.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Typically each DLC has one suit unlocked for completing the first story mission of that DLC; one for completing the last story mission of the pack; and one for clearing out all the new crimes and activities in the pack

I'm googling around but I can't yet find any info on which of those is needed for the new armor, sorry

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Screwball challenges still kinda suck, but at least there’s less of them this time around.

Also the Aaron Aikman Armor is the first story mission unlock.

Jayricho on
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Typically each DLC has one suit unlocked for completing the first story mission of that DLC; one for completing the last story mission of the pack; and one for clearing out all the new crimes and activities in the pack

I'm googling around but I can't yet find any info on which of those is needed for the new armor, sorry

It's the first one for the armor, you'll get it about five minutes in.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Wooo!

Thanks guys. No longer worried.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I just finished this last DLC

It was pretty cool! Definitely my favorite of the three chapters
    The ending with Miles and Peter on the Chrysler Building of all buildings was maybe a little too Brand Synergy for me, but it's got me really excited for the sequel

• Options
    StempyStempy Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    No quips!

I think the Raini suit’s special ability is that it makes Spidey invulnerable while he dances and shoots finger guns at everyone.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

The ending with Miles and Peter on the Chrysler Building of all buildings was maybe a little too Brand Synergy for me, but it's got me really excited for the sequel

Did you do the sidequest with the crime scene files?
    I feel like Yuri going vigilante has to at least be a B or C plot in the sequel

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Did you do the sidequest with the crime scene files?
    I feel like Yuri going vigilante has to at least be a B or C plot in the sequel

Oh for sure
    I was pleasantly surprised with how quickly they set that up! I expected it to be entirely confined in a sequel

• Options
    edited December 2018
    oh does the DLC actually continue past the end of the story?

I assumed it'd be all sidestory stuff that you could call "this also happened at the same time actually"

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    oh does the DLC actually continue past the end of the story?

I assumed it'd be all sidestory stuff that you could call "this also happened at the same time actually"

It's all explicitly after the main story.
    It's for the best that you do it after anyway, they really up their game on the annoying enemy types.
    Whip Assholes, Brute Assholes, Brute Assholes with Miniguns, Jetpack Assholes, and last but not least, Jetpack Assholes With Shields.

• Options
    well I thought about getting them and then you reminded me that I didn't like the combat anymore by the end of the game specifically because of the enemy types, so thanks for saving me like 30 bucks

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I'm leaving the city by bus and didn't see Spider-Man at all. Disappointed.

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    As someone who was introduced to Spider-Man by the Sam Raimi movies, I am SUPER stoked about its inclusion in this game! And it's free! And - just like all the other suits in the game - it is extremely detailed and looks great. It probably took more than asking nicely to get the rights for the suits, so kudos to Insomniac! You made it possible for me to relive that nostalgia with a graphical fidelity I never dreamt of.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    well I thought about getting them and then you reminded me that I didn't like the combat anymore by the end of the game specifically because of the enemy types, so thanks for saving me like 30 bucks

The game became fun again when I bumped the difficulty down.

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    So
    - if this was one of my top games of the year
    - I enjoyed the combat
    - I enjoyed swooping through NYC like a becrazed spider acrobat
    - I enjoyed the story

Get the DLC?

waNkm4k.jpg?1