Options

The [Marvel] thread is a War free zone

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    They seem to really be leaning into Ant-Man being the more fun, all-ages MCU franchise and I am very okay with it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    In case you haven't seen this, they did another pass on the CG to make Venom less scary for kids

• Options
    I love that every time Scott goes Giant Man he just starts cracking up like Brian Blessed

OOOHAHAHAHAHA

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    They seem to really be leaning into Ant-Man being the more fun, all-ages MCU franchise and I am very okay with it

Ant-Man and Guardians are great, fun romps and I'm pleased to see they're keeping them that way. Thor was much better when they embraced the wacky shit the series could have instead of the grimdark b.s. of the 2nd movie.

I'm very interested in what they're going to do with Captain Marvel, as they've said they're taking inspiration from 90's action flicks.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    In case you haven't seen this, they did another pass on the CG to make Venom less scary for kids

If that was the goal, they failed

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I love that every time Scott goes Giant Man he just starts cracking up like Brian Blessed

OOOHAHAHAHAHA

This is the part of Civil War I always forget about, and I lose it everytime

There's perfect comedic timing with Spider-Man's OH SHIT

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Ant-Man and The Wasp just looks fun.

It looks like they're continuing to do a great job incorporating their powers into fun action.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Aren't there rumors that Stature will be in the third one (either time travel, magic hand waving, whatever)? That line from Cassie hints at it

• Options
    Keith wrote: »
    Aren't there rumors that Stature will be in the third one (either time travel, magic hand waving, whatever)? That line from Cassie hints at it
    Future MCU Spoilers
    A 16 year old actress supposedly got cast as Cassie in Avengers 4

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »

Future MCU movies spoilers
    Avengers 4 cast a teenage cassie[/spoilers]

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I'm more and more glad Ant-Man wasn't in IW

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I assume you feel that antman jumping up inside Thanoses butthole and becoming regular size thus killing Thanos would have been anticlimactic

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I'm more and more glad Ant-Man wasn't in IW

It seems like it will be a nice, relaxing, palate cleanser.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I assume you feel that antman jumping up inside Thanoses butthole and becoming regular size thus killing Thanos would have been anticlimactic

You forgot to refer to Thanos as purple Joss Whedon.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Also Ant-Man and the Wasp looks fun.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I love the fact that the Wasp is really good at using her powers because it opens up a lot of new action possibilities.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I love the fact that the Wasp is really good at using her powers because it opens up a lot of new action possibilities.

Plus I will take as much dunking on Paul Rudd as possible.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    man that trailer looks great

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Looks a lot better than the first one

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Looking at it carefully, there's some footage that looks to be
    a flashback fight with Pym and Janet around the 1.34 mark, it's the old Ant-Man suit and a red Wasp costume. Will be neat to see if there's some more extended past antics here, the stuff in Ant-Man was great so Janet recounting a past mission might be fun.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

You'd expect that but instead he'd work his way up to his eyes and play the Mac and Me clip on them.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Nvm

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    They should totally work that Mac and Me clip in an Ant-Man movie at some point.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    They should totally work that Mac and Me clip in an Ant-Man movie at some point.

I could 100% see Cassie watching it on TV at some point, or having a Mac toy/doll in her room.

• Options
    Apparently Ben Wheatley (High Rise, Free Fire) was offered a "big Marvel movie" according to Bob Moritmer on a recent podcast.

He would be a preeeetty good fit for Moon Knight.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Apparently Ben Wheatley (High Rise, Free Fire) was offered a "big Marvel movie" according to Bob Moritmer on a recent podcast.

Thought he was an actor for a second and was like "Well that'd certainly be a different sort of Moon Knight."

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    They look like they're having a ton of fun with the size powers on random objects, and I'm 100% on board

• Options
    One thing I like about that trailer, having rewatched Ant-Man a few weeks ago, is that movie was basically two hours of "Hope would be a billion times better at this than Scott, but too bad." and now we're finally getting that paid off.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    They definitely knew what they were doing when they hit that beat over and over again

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited May 2018

He told IndieWire it's not true!

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • Options

He told IndieWire it's not true!
    Booooooooo

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I was not a fan of the first Ant-Man & Wasp trailer, but that looks great

I think this one will be way better than the first since Peyton Reed gets to work on it from the jump instead of adapting Edgar Wright's stuff

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Huh, I had not realized that the dude who did High Rise and A Field in England had also done Free Fire. That's a weird set of films.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    They definitely knew what they were doing when they hit that beat over and over again

Confirming that Marvel kind of has a problem with letting women do stuff in their films?

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Confirming that Marvel kind of has a problem with letting women do stuff in their films?

It was literally the catalyst for the plot in Ant-Man.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Huh, I had not realized that the dude who did High Rise and A Field in England had also done Free Fire. That's a weird set of films.

And Kill List, which is really good

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Bendis' last Miles issue is tomorrow

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Yup and I’m very interested to see how he ends it, cause i believe it’s the last issue of that series as well? Marvel hasn’t announced anything for Miles past this.

• Options
    never die wrote: »
    Yup and I’m very interested to see how he ends it, cause i believe it’s the last issue of that series as well? Marvel hasn’t announced anything for Miles past this.

nothing other than "they have plans for Miles" more or less

This discussion has been closed.