Options

The [Marvel] thread is a War free zone

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Wait

Did David aja stop working
    I think he has stopped doing monthly comics and mostly does covers or other illustration work for the most part

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    There was a terrible scene from Chuck Austen's X-Men run which was in the 2000s and about 40 years divorced from what the current discussion was talking about
    Yeah, I mean... I assumed Fencingsax was referring to that Chuck Austen scene, but I couldn't find any connecting thread between that scene and what was being discussed, so I thought "That can't be it".

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    wasn't the biggest thing holding up Hawkeye being Aja taking forever for research and whatnot

Covers seem to be more fitting for him, as beautiful as his stuff looks

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    What's up with Flash now?

Is he Agent Anti-Venom?

• Options
    Yeah, he's gonna show up in Cates' run eventually

I really wonder who the big surprise non-Venom character ala Sentry in Doctor Strange that Cates has been teasing is going to be

With the spoilers from #1 I'm guessing it's someone who has a prominent role in MU history?
    God please be Iron Fist

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Wait

Did David aja stop working

nah, he has a new book coming out soon

https://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/2693/fresh-series-ann-nocenti-and-david-aja-blooms-berg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    There was a terrible scene from Chuck Austen's X-Men run which was in the 2000s and about 40 years divorced from what the current discussion was talking about
    Yeah, I mean... I assumed Fencingsax was referring to that Chuck Austen scene, but I couldn't find any connecting thread between that scene and what was being discussed, so I thought "That can't be it".

People don't get my jokes.

Or rather they do, they just don't like them

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    There's no good reason to be afraid of mutants.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    There's no good reason to hate black people either, but here we are.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

Unless they have fear-based powers, in which case it would be rude not to be afraid.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I don't think Stan Lee really was expressing much about the contemporary civil rights movement in the US with the X-Men. Certainly the letters published in the comics at the time weren't ones which really touched on the issue, and it wasn't really a core element to the series.

In Spider-Man he absolutely did express a lot about the contemporary civil rights movement (and Vietnam) and he was pretty aggressively progressive about it. Lots of letter responses published as well, talking about that topic.

Solar on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

Except maybe that one kid, whose mutation somehow vaporized all life in a two-block radius without him knowing or something. Bit of a dire story, but an interesting one to consider in the context of mutants and randomly appearing superpowers.

And, of course, it completely diverges from any real life parallels mutants might have while straining the fibers connecting the ones they normally carry.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    There are mutants with uncontrollable powers that kill people without their conscious thought

There absolutely is reason to fear them

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

Except maybe that one kid, whose mutation somehow vaporized all life in a two-block radius without him knowing or something. Bit of a dire story, but an interesting one to consider in the context of mutants and randomly appearing superpowers.

And, of course, it completely diverges from any real life parallels mutants might have while straining the fibers connecting the ones they normally carry.

Yeah, but the Ultimate Universe was assholes, except for Spider-mans and Spider-men related characters.

• Options
    Bob Iger says that Marvel Studios is going to launch a new central franchise for the MCU after Avengers 4, but the Avengers won't be going away as a movie brand. Essentially, Avengers is gonna still be around but isn't going to be the huge tentpole event franchise after 4.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Bob Iger says that Marvel Studios is going to launch a new central franchise for the MCU after Avengers 4, but the Avengers won't be going away as a movie brand. Essentially, Avengers is gonna still be around but isn't going to be the huge tentpole event franchise after 4.

That’s still kind of a bummer

I don’t really want a central franchise in the MCU

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Revengers time baby!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Javen wrote: »

That’s still kind of a bummer

I don’t really want a central franchise in the MCU
    Well we will see what it is

It doesn't necessarily mean EVENT FILM

It could just be, like, The X-Men joining the MCU as the big new thing

The exact quote, Not my paraphrased bit, is:
    "I'm guessing we will try our hand at what I'll call a new franchise beyond Avengers, but that doesn't necessarily mean you won't see more Avengers down the road. We just haven't made any announcements about that," Iger said during an earnings call on Tuesday (via The Hollywood Reporter). "Given the popularity of the characters and given the popularity of the franchise, I don't think people should conclude there will never be another Avengers movie."

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    It's the

Uh

Sregneva

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Comcast is again trying to snake Fox out from under Disney, so I imagine Disney is going to be very tight lipped about any plans for the X-men or FF until that shit is finalized, so I doubt Iger is refering to them.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    It'll be the Defenders finally making their move to the big screen, featuring Netflix stars Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Daredevil, with new member Doctor Strange.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    It'll be the Defenders finally making their move to the big screen, featuring Netflix stars Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Daredevil, with new member Doctor Strange.

Iron Fist died on his way back to his home planet.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    It'll be the Defenders finally making their move to the big screen, featuring Netflix stars Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Daredevil, and the NASCAR driver, Rusty Wallace.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Marvel released the first Extermination post credits teaser thing
    s7d302sapobk.jpg

I could not imagine a more generic, less exciting looking X-Men story

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    there's no reason to be afraid of mutants until a human writer suddenly and conveniently invents one

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    We were talking about Captain Marvel the other night, and just getting more females in the MCU in general, and we had a weird thought.

What happens to Groot on one of his regrowths if he's pollinated, will he switch gender like other plants?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    MCU absolutely needs to branch out, they can't just keep making Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor movies forever

There's a lot of talk about who will take up those legacies once RDJ and Evans leave and everything, but the easier answer is that Marvel has a lot of characters and they don't need to make a dozen Iron Man movies

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    50aa91204196f523275fae2f2c35b4a8.png

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Age of An Apocalypse

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Age of An Apocalypse

Days of Oldpocalypse

Really looking forward to the followup event, X-Men vs. Y

THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    Age of An Apocalypse

Days of Oldpocalypse

Really looking forward to the followup event, X-Men vs. Y

Ampersand is gonna fuck them up

• Options
    ...Is that Squirrel Girl there?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    no it's trenchcoat person and the top of red bodysuit guy's head

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    I swear part of that is a speech that has been given by an X-character before. I'm not being snarky here, it really feels like something maybe Cyclops said once?

On a more snarky note, its god-damn frustrating that one of the only positive future storylines for mutants is the one in All-New Wolverine, Old Woman Laura. Where she made a difference, and the world is much better overall because of her work.

• Options
    Positive future storylines are rare because if things are going good in the future, what's the story to tell there?

Unless of course it's an ongoing setting like the MC2 universe, or the Renew Your Vows universe.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    How many days of future past does this make, now?

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    you're right

they should bring back mayday parker, j2, and the whole gang for the next x-men event

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    They should have there be an idyllic future that suddenly finds itself in danger of becoming unstable because the past has changed somehow. Then they send people back to preserve their great timeline but it requiring things the present day folks are not going to be ok with.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Positive future storylines are rare because if things are going good in the future, what's the story to tell there?

Unless of course it's an ongoing setting like the MC2 universe, or the Renew Your Vows universe.

How about all the work you're doing isn't going to go to shit for once? Like, it doesn't have to be a long storyline, but even something as simple as "what you're doing will have an effect and make things better" is a breath of fresh air then " lol everything sucks, eat at Arby's".

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018

Jackasses with shitty views go back in time to prevent a utopian future

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
This discussion has been closed.