Options

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 3: Round 6 - Status Phase / Game End

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    no sabotage on either. Motion to let the custodians have mecatol rex back, these galactic council meetings are a waste.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    Play Imperial Rider on Against.

Imperial Rider: After an agenda is revealed: You cannot vote on this agenda. Predict aloud an outcome of this agenda. If your prediction is correct, gain 1 victory point.

8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I'm sure as shit not going to hand more over to the n'orr, or the arborecc. I think they honestly defined the answer when they both played for.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I'm okay with proceeding to vote at this time, no sabotage. Everyone else?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I'm good, having played a rider. Supposing the same can be said or Arborec and N'orr. Leaves it up to Ghosts and Sol to decide if we're good to go to voting.

8BFpSWC.png

• Options
    @Lykouragh @Brody
    Proceed to voting?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I'm good.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Heck no! Not ready to proceed to the vote at all! I got machinations to attempt!

@38thDoe looks like you have the ability to carry this one. What would you accept to vote FOR with enough votes that FOR wins, and denies the Hacan a VP?

My ceasefire and support for the throne are both on the table, and I notice that you are absurdly rich anyway... perhaps we can set up something? My first offer is:

- If the Jol Nar cast the deciding votes FOR on this item, we agree to trade our support for the throne to them in exchange for a mere 2 TGs.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Brody wrote: »
    I'm sure as shit not going to hand more over to the n'orr, or the arborecc. I think they honestly defined the answer when they both played for.

That potential space dock means basically nothing to me. And hey, remember when i appointed you speaker?

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options

That potential space dock means basically nothing to me. And hey, remember when i appointed you speaker?

Ghosts are not known for their long memories >_>

Also yeah, your space dock means basically nothing, unless there's some sort of objective you have that says you need to own x of them.

• Options
    *2 Trade Goods, 3 Action Cards, and the Speaker Token. As well as pseudo protection from the Jol-nar, in that they'd be more hesitant to attack you with the VP on the line. Jolnar doesn't actually get a ton out of that right now. Plus that forces Jol-nar to go against Sol, as that's the only other direction they can go then.

Realistically, you'd need to get Sol on your side as well. Because you know Creuss isn't going to vote in your favor, and Sol alone is enough to beat Jol-nar.

We would like to point out that we paid for the Ghosts to be brought into some small measure of galactic power.

8BFpSWC.png

• Options
    edited May 2018
    I believe there is a secret objective in the deck for having all 3 space docks on the board. I do not know who has it.

mindflare77 on
    8BFpSWC.png

• Options
    I think the ghosts know where the arborec stand re:handing out VP to the leader.

I don't think there is any place I can put the stardock that it would both help me and be protected.

Hey Hacan, where you going with those move 2 Dreadnaughts?

Steam
  • Options
    *2 Trade Goods, 3 Action Cards, and the Speaker Token. As well as pseudo protection from the Jol-nar, in that they'd be more hesitant to attack you with the VP on the line. Jolnar doesn't actually get a ton out of that right now. Plus that forces Jol-nar to go against Sol, as that's the only other direction they can go then.

Realistically, you'd need to get Sol on your side as well. Because you know Creuss isn't going to vote in your favor, and Sol alone is enough to beat Jol-nar.

We would like to point out that we paid for the Ghosts to be brought into some small measure of galactic power.

If Sol votes against they exhaust their planet, and Jol Nar don't have to vote at all if they don't want to, and the deal doesn't happen.

If Sol doesn't vote Jol Nar gets a VP (which is really all that matters at the end of the game) in exchange for 20% of their TGs. We don't currently need protection from Jol Nar as they are our besties and would never attack us anyway, just as we would never wipe them off the map, despite being able to since basically the start of the game. Because BESTIES!

I think this works out!

• Options
    edited May 2018
    El Skid wrote: »
    Heck no! Not ready to proceed to the vote at all! I got machinations to attempt!

@38thDoe looks like you have the ability to carry this one. What would you accept to vote FOR with enough votes that FOR wins, and denies the Hacan a VP?

My ceasefire and support for the throne are both on the table, and I notice that you are absurdly rich anyway... perhaps we can set up something? My first offer is:

- If the Jol Nar cast the deciding votes FOR on this item, we agree to trade our support for the throne to them in exchange for a mere 2 TGs.

We find your claim of absurd wealth highly dubious. Our scientists have determined that we have an equal amount of resources heading into the next round, however half of ours are one use.

Although we love to help our neighbors out, the only thing worse for us then ghosts as speaker is you as speaker due to the arcane arbitrary galactic rules of action sequencing. Would turns proceed in a widdershins fashion we would have more interest.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

My point was more to the concern of giving the N'orr more stuff, and you threw your choice in. I assumed you played the rider for to increase the incentive against.

• Options
    Wait what are Hacan's VP at? They are mysteriously missing from the update.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »

They are tied for first at 4. You are at 3. Norr and I are at 2.

Steam
  • Options

My point was more to the concern of giving the N'orr more stuff, and you threw your choice in. I assumed you played the rider for to increase the incentive against.

Absolutely correct, but that was before VP was on the table.

Steam
  • Options

They are tied for first at 4. You are at 3. Norr and I are at 2.

This would put them in first with 5 VP.

The other way round you are at 4 VP and they are at 4 VP.

Don't think I take this giving you a VP thing lightly, because I don't... this decision has a big impact, and I don't believe you care that much about your strategy selection this round, do you?

• Options

Blocking that VP still isn't worth handing the N'orr initiative over.

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Here's the current slate:

Representative Government (Law)
    For: Players cannot exhaust planets to cast votes during the agenda phase; each player may cast 1 vote on each agenda instead.
    Against: At the start of the next strategy phase, each player that voted "Against" exhausts all of his cultural planets.

Voting Order
    The Emirates of Hacan: Imperial Rider - AGAINST
    The Arborec: Construction Rider - FOR
    Federation of Sol: Up to 13 votes; cannot post only 1 vote
    Universities of Jol-Nar: Up to 11 votes
    Sardakk N'orr: Politics Rider - FOR
    The Ghosts of Creuss: Up to 3 votes

Feel free to continue discussions as needed, doesn't look like we're ready for voting yet.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Blocking that VP still isn't worth handing the N'orr initiative over.

I mean it's not worth it for you, because I'm not offering to put you into a tie for the VP lead with this deal. The Jol-Nar have to consider that... On balance giving me first pick of strategies doesn't seem (to me anyway) to be a big deal for them....at least compared to giving the Hacan first place

El Skid on
  • Options
    That's valid. I'm still going to offer my opinion on the state of the board.

I'd also like to point out that you have a significant force within striking distance of a number of Jol-Nar's systems.

• Options
    That's valid. I'm still going to offer my opinion on the state of the board.

I'd also like to point out that you have a significant force within striking distance of a number of Jol-Nar's systems.

As mentioned earlier, we have had all sorts of opportunity to mess Jol Nar up and have not because we are BESTIES. They have given us sweet sweet technology and have maintained our borders, so we're cool with them. If they decide to give the Space Cats a VP lead then we're cool with that too... though we'd rather collaborate and use this situation to help both sides out instead.

@38thdoe you don't even have to announce your decision to the thread if you don't want to once you've made up your mind actually... just let us know when you're ready to vote and we are happy to move on. If you have a counteroffer we'd love to hear it.

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    I'm on the fence now and likely to abstain- I don't want Arborec to have a spacedock or Hacan to get a VP, but I also really don't want N'orr getting TG and AC, so.....

• Options
    Yeah, this vote is a big fucking mess and is bad for everyone. This feels like a BSG crisis vote.

Steam
  • Options
    Lykouragh wrote: »
    I'm on the fence now and likely to abstain- I don't want Arborec to have a spacedock or Hacan to get a VP, but I also really don't want N'orr getting TG and AC, so.....

Since it sounds like the Ghosts don't want anything to do with this it's really up to you. If you vote against then you'll give Hacan VP and exhaust your planet for the round. If you don't you'll have your planet, you'll still be tied for first in VPs, and you'll have votes for the next agenda.

• Options

Since it sounds like the Ghosts don't want anything to do with this it's really up to you. If you vote against then you'll give Hacan VP and exhaust your planet for the round. If you don't you'll have your planet, you'll still be tied for first in VPs, and you'll have votes for the next agenda.

You would also hand Arborec a space dock, and the N'orr first pick of strategy card (with essentially a VP available with Trade), 3 new action cards, and push yourself further back in picking strategy card.

8BFpSWC.png

• Options

You would also hand Arborec a space dock, and the N'orr first pick of strategy card (with essentially a VP available with Trade), 3 new action cards, and push yourself further back in picking strategy card.

Gotta look at the big picture, mang. Arborec don't need a space dock, and Jol Nar get pushed from second last to last in picking, which means VERY little in the grand scheme of things. But the difference between being 2 points out of first place for winning the game and being tied for first is a huge difference. Yes I get more action cards (where my hand is already full of them), and yes picking first is a big deal... but that's why I'm offering a victory point in recompense.

• Options
    Speaker seems very powerful under that system. I am not actually all that happy picking so late, I'd much rather have had trade than construction. *shrug* I think if you wanted to sell me on this I'd want Bereg Lirta IV, which I know you don't want to give up. Furthermore, its not really enforceable since you can't do it now. You have been very trustworthy this game so far though. Paying you for Support for the throne makes me a target and less able to defend myself. Eh. I suppose I'd at least want your Cease fire with it if I did it.

@Lykouragh has not voted or said he is ready to vote yet. So its really on him first.

@mindflare77 What's in your lobbyist coffers today? TG? Cards? Promissory Notes?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Speaker seems very powerful under that system. I am not actually all that happy picking so late, I'd much rather have had trade than construction. *shrug* I think if you wanted to sell me on this I'd want Bereg Lirta IV, which I know you don't want to give up. Furthermore, its not really enforceable since you can't do it now. You have been very trustworthy this game so far though. Paying you for Support for the throne makes me a target and less able to defend myself. Eh. I suppose I'd at least want your Cease fire with it if I did it.

Yeah, Bereg/Lirta is off the table, I'm afraid.

We could do our ceasefire instead of the support for the throne if you'd prefer? We can't give you both for the speaker token. We give you the pick in this case- We'd honour the deal both ways.

As for us being trustworthy... we're BESTIES. I don't know why everyone seems to think we would break our word to you or sweep in and destroy you, when we've been nothing but above board in our dealings with you

What we could do is offer to place you under our benevolent protection, so that anyone who attacks one of your system gets retaliated against with extreme prejudice, if that helps any.

Again, if you make up your mind we recommend you not say anything, as keeping Sol guessing means he is less likely to jump in and vote... and if he does that when you decide not to help me then everybody wins on that front.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    We have Trade Goods and other sundries to offer, aye. What is your price? @38thDoe

mindflare77 on
    8BFpSWC.png

• Options
    @El Skid Before I abstain I welcome bribe offers to vote for, otherwise will abstain in an hour or so

• Options
    @El Skid Before I abstain I welcome bribe offers to vote for, otherwise will abstain in an hour or so

We are surprised to hear that the Meatbags would give us the time of day! We had assumed you'd bought into the Hacan's slander of us while they quietly took the VP lead as we sat at less than half their total...

What do you want, I guess? We have no trade goods or commodities to trade. And your position is harder to negotiate- The benefit of my deal with the Jol Nar is that they only use their votes if they are required, so I don't have to pay them for wasting votes. Yours however could be countered by the other two, leaving you without votes for the second agenda and me without the speaker token.

We could promise to not attack Mecatol Rex while you hold it, if that would spice things up enough for you... As you've seen, we're a people of our word, and when we commit to an alliance we commit all the way- but when we do not you are free game, as the unfortunate ghosts found out.

• Options

Honestly, you probably want the FOR to pass. You don't want to fall behind in VP, and it is actually quite bad for me, since i have the most influence voting power.

Steam
  • Options
    Meh, I'll go ahead and Abstain

• Options
    I guess that means we're more free to negotiate fully at least, friend Scientists.

You are afraid of being a target due to the extra VP? We see that you probably only need protection for another round before you are fully able to defend yourself, and can help you out in the meantime. You want our ceasefire instead of a VP? No problem, we can work with it.

But putting Hacan to 5 VP when we're about to start getting stage 2 objectives feels like it's handing him the galaxy, and we're sorry that we played that card now, as apparently getting the speaker/moving it to the right by one is suddenly such a super important thing compared to that whole galaxy thing :-/

• Options
    Just to be clear, Jol-nar is only considering it if they get the N'orr Ceasefire AND Support for the Throne. Which would mean at least one of those is at a future point, as two players can't have multiple transactions between them during each agenda. So it's trusting N'orr to follow through later. And while they say they've been true to their word, that would be the perfect time to go back on it.

Hacan, meanwhile, is asking what the going price is in order to have Jol-nar assure the galactic law fails (that is, that Against is the winner).

8BFpSWC.png

• Options
    Your fear mongering over a force that you vastly outnumber is a little ridiculous.