Options

[BATTLETECH/MechWarrior] Old thread, like the carcass of a cored-out Locust.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    One thing I'm really not a fan of is the save system. I save compulsively and without being able to name/overwrite saves, my save list gets really big, really fast. Then I have to go in and delete old saves, which consists of clicking the X next to each one and hitting enter, then waiting 2 seconds. I haven't been able to find the save file location to delete the manually. I'd rather it use a traditional save menu where you type in the name of the save so I can keep a rolling group of saves.

I think they are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\33356515\637090\remote\C0\SGS1 -- gonna try deleting a bunch of them and see if my save game list gets a bit shorter.

Edit: Yeah that's the location, but if you have cloud sync activated it just re-downloads them all from the cloud.

Mirkel on
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    So I finally stole enough time this morning to start the campaign! Typically ahead of the curve, as always.

The tutorial was neat. The first "real" mission, with your full lance, I'd actually played the demo of at Gen Con. So I knew what to expect going in.

Even so, here's how that turned out:
    sZtBlB1.jpg

I mean, I heard you guys talking about Dekker's fragility...but I didn't know that meant he'd eject all his armor before getting on the dropship. Seriously, he had taken zero damage in-mission.

Also, lulz at me going down for 26 days immediately. I took a machine gun plink to the cockpit glass in the last possible round. I prefer to think of this as my in-game persona realizing that he's better off paper-pushing, and deciding he was going to just wait it out on the dropship while the real MechWarriors get some dust on their boots. Then again, there's a Locust in my dropship bays whose siren's song is calling to me... ;P

After my next "real" mission, I ended up with salvage enough to refit my Vindicator - holy crap, it has five energy hardpoints? Out goes the PPC and Small Laser, in go four more Medium Lasers and a upgrade from an LRM-5 to an LRM-10.

I can already sense this game is just my kind of delicious. My backer money was well placed!

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Current lance is pretty fun, two brawly bois in HBK-4G and CN9-A covered from range by JM6-S and CPLT-C1.

So many knockdowns.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Putting your newest warrior in the Spider is like an airtight case for murder

One hell of a hazing ritual.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Some interesting new info on these pages

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/2851
    http://www.sarna.net/wiki/2864

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »

That was just nips disbanding us for tax evasion reasons. Buisness continued as usual.

• Options

That was just nips disbanding us for tax evasion reasons. Buisness continued as usual.

Oosik Irregulars disbanded, and immediately the Usik Irregulars Formed, then later the Uusik Irregulars, then the Oosik E-regulars..

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I find myself very happy to see everyone here posting a large variety of builds for the same Mechs. It is always a big plus to me when a game allows you a high amount of freedom in loadouts without it feeling like you're doing it wrong.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    I have decided I will no longer attack tanks/turrets with lasers. They seem to be worthless compared to missiles/ppcs/autocannons. I took out 2 turrets and then 2 tanks the following turn with my LRM boat Kintaro using multi target. My laser boat quickdraw barely took down 1 turret to 75% health with an alpha strike. I'll save the laser boat for melting mechs.

bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    edited April 2018
    Anyone else been to New Vandenburg? It might be a good place to visit if you've money to burn early.
    Store has Banshee and Catapult sections for me, at a point in the story where I haven't seen an assault mech in the field yet.

Tiger Burning on
    Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    PPC + 2xLRM5's usually does the trick with most tanks.
    But oddly, just using missiles seems to have zero effect.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Lolol when my 20T Locust runs up to, stomps on, then shreds a tank with 2x machine gun fire

Everyone talks about Dekker being fragile, but my Dekker literally took a random cockpit crit and died on the first mission. At the very end of it. To a tank.

I didn't reload. Good riddance!

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Also supposedly a way to speed up animations:
    Go to: * \BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\data\movement

Each of those files represents a vehicle or mech. Increase the following attributes greatly (they used 100 in the example):

"WalkVelocity" : 20.0,
    "RunVelocity" : 28.0,
    "SprintVelocity" : 31.0,
    "LimpVelocity" : 9.0
    Also go to: steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\data\constants

and change the audioconstants.json file to have:

"AttackPreFireDuration" : 0,
    "AttackAfterFireDelay" : 0,
    "AttackAfterFireDuration" : 0,
    "AttackAfterCompletionDuration" : 0
    "audioFadeDuration" : 0,

Edit: Though I should point out, it'll probably cause MP not to work.

in case it's helpful for anyone, these are the commands to do this for all files in the movement directory - works in Git Bash or in the new Bash for Windows thing I haven't learned how to do yet. Just open a terminal in this directory and run these four commands:

sed --in-place 's/WalkVelocity.*$/WalkVelocity" : 100.0,/' *.json
    sed --in-place 's/RunVelocity.*$/RunVelocity" : 100.0,/' *.json
    sed --in-place 's/SprintVelocity.*$/SprintVelocity" : 100.0,/' *.json
    sed --in-place 's/LimpVelocity.*$/LimpVelocity" : 100.0,/' *.json

sig.gif
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    After being fairly lucky on random headshots, my last 4 missions each had a pilot getting at least 1 but mostly 2. That definitely needs to be toned down.

I also just got 3 pieces of Thunderbolt salvage on this mission and was excited until I realized it was for 2 separate variants.

• Options
    I’m pretty sure my Dekker is secretly a Highlander.

One two occasions his Mech has been destroyed and he survived.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    MWO things.

- I may be starting to come around on my Jagermech. But I'm basically having to play it similarly to my Bushwacker. It currently has a level 4 targeting computer, 2 UAC/2s, and four packs of ammo for them. That's it. I can't take hits worth a shit. My Bushwacker can take a SUBSTANTIAL amount of damage to its huge central torso area by comparison. Anyway... gonna see how this crit idea works out I guess. For now I just hang back forever.
    - I refitted my Jenner with its original weaponry, 6 medium lasers. I have two additional double heat sinks on it. It can still run into heat trouble, but if I stagger my shots and don't try to brawl (which I don't try to do since I'm a baby mech anyway) I'm alright. Had some rounds with it this morning that went exceptionally well.
    - The exception was one match where we were up 5 mechs vs 2. The last two enemy mechs were a Locust and Commando. They killed three of our five remaining, and almost got a forth before they both finally ate it. I couldn't believe my eyes watching all that shit happen.
    - My Bushwacker is still a goddamn king on the battlefield. I've nicknamed it "Troublemaker."

• Options
    NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    So, at some point I found a cockpit upgrade. +2 Pilot HP.

I love it to death. I put it on my command mech with my best pilot. It basically acts as a 2 HP buffer before the pilot takes any actual injuries. I need to find these for all my mechs.

I have tossed enough training into guts for all my pilots that they have at least 4 HP. I know it won't save me from a RNG cockpit critical. So far I've only had one of those, and it occurred during a TPW, so I ended up reloading anyways.

I got another LRM20++ for my missile boat. Now he's sporting a pair of them. One is double buffed on crits, the other is buffed on crits and stability damage.

I'm really tempted to swap out the LRM5 & SRM2 on my Shadowhawks for LRM10's or LRM15's, whatever I can make work. It's just been too effectively knocking heavy mechs over until I can get all that sweet sweet salvage off a Pilot so concussed he could have been a running back.

I'm also more fully abusing the reserve system. I pretty much always let the enemy come to me once I've made first contact on my radar. I'm reminded of a rule of thumb I heard about in the tabletop. If you win initiative, never move towards the enemy.

Well, in this game you get to choose initiative, and I've rarely seen the enemy reserve. So just another instance where the AI is just box of rocks stupid on a strategic level.

I think I finally saw the AI use jump jets for the first time, to bump a Wolverine one space and then sit on it's hands...

I came so close to getting my second fully in tact Grasshapper, which is a design that's growing on me. I love my jump jet cheese, and it's jump jet cheese in a heavy frame. I upgraded my first one with the LRM5+ and LLaser+ that I stripped of a Vindicator I put into storage. Looking to start upgrading all it's mediums when I can find upgrades. Maybe an upgraded gyro, cockpit. Maybe swap out the medium lasers for small lasers and give it a punching upgrade. I donno. There are just so many choices. Maybe I'll save those for my second Grasshopper.

I'm also incredibly close to finally putting together an Orion, 2 different models of Wolverine, a Quickdraw and a Trebuchet. I have feeling I will suddenly have more heavies than I know what to do with all at once. We shall see.

• Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    So do your pilots auto die when they get cored out? Lost Medusa. :(

He had taken 1 hit to the head, so was at 4/5 health when he was cored out from behind by a hunchback. Then suddenly he's just dead. :/

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    I am way way to terrified of losing + or ++ equipment, so i never use it.

• Options
    NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    I am way way to terrified of losing + or ++ equipment, so i never use it.

There is always more where that comes from.

• Options
    ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    I mean, I heard you guys talking about Dekker's fragility...but I didn't know that meant he'd eject all his armor before getting on the dropship. Seriously, he had taken zero damage in-mission.

I came here to ask if this was a problem for anyone else. Twice now I have had mechs stripped of their armour after taking barely any damage in a mission.

Loving the game so far though. Besides the odd bug like above it is really well made... although the lucky shots the other team gets can get frustrating. Lost a mechwarrior to a close range PPC headshot last night.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    As I understand it, If you overheat your mech then the techs need to replace the armor.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    So I finally stole enough time this morning to start the campaign! Typically ahead of the curve, as always.

The tutorial was neat. The first "real" mission, with your full lance, I'd actually played the demo of at Gen Con. So I knew what to expect going in.

Even so, here's how that turned out:
    sZtBlB1.jpg

Also, lulz at me going down for 26 days immediately. I took a machine gun plink to the cockpit glass in the last possible round. I prefer to think of this as my in-game persona realizing that he's better off paper-pushing, and deciding he was going to just wait it out on the dropship while the real MechWarriors get some dust on their boots. Then again, there's a Locust in my dropship bays whose siren's song is calling to me... ;P

After my next "real" mission, I ended up with salvage enough to refit my Vindicator - holy crap, it has five energy hardpoints? Out goes the PPC and Small Laser, in go four more Medium Lasers and a upgrade from an LRM-5 to an LRM-10.

I can already sense this game is just my kind of delicious. My backer money was well placed!

Don't overheat Dekker, he's a sensitive boy!

@Nips so go on tell us your backstory

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Comahawk wrote: »

I came here to ask if this was a problem for anyone else. Twice now I have had mechs stripped of their armour after taking barely any damage in a mission.

Loving the game so far though. Besides the odd bug like above it is really well made... although the lucky shots the other team gets can get frustrating. Lost a mechwarrior to a close range PPC headshot last night.

Did you overheat? It's a weird bug or something with that post-battle screen where if you overheat it makes it look like you lost all of your armor because of the structure damage you take from that.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Yessss my plan of using a three PPC thunderbolt with a ten gunnery ten tactics called shot has netted me a headshot grasshopper on a mission with three priority salvage!

sig.gif
  • Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    That feel when you can salvage 2 whole mechs but only 4 prime selections...

So at least now I have a dragon. But only 1 piece of a trebuchet. But I did randomly get the last section of the hunchback I needed. So that's a plus.

Can you expect more heavies after the 3rd plot mission? I'm finally getting more mediums to choose from, but the dragon I got is literally the second heavy I've seen. That Jager in mission 2 was the first.

Now to upgrade to a second hanger bay since suddenly I have like 4 new mechs to choose from.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    If you want to go up in weight classes (from mediums->heavy->assault), run Assassination missions. The target is almost always in a mech with a higher than average weightclass.

Acquired a Stalker that way this morning. At first I was running it with 2xLRM20s and 1xLRM15, but I decided to downgrade the LRM15 to 2xLRM5s and fit a missile TTS system instead.
    Better heat/ammo management, and I actually hit with just as many missiles. Generally though TTS systems are for very heavy mechs that either fire shitloads of that weapon type, or have already filled up their hardpoints with the biggest stuff.

P.S: If you fit your Kintaro with anything but 5xSRM4 launchers you're committing heresy. SRM6 Heterodoxy will be forgiven though, as long as you recognize that the holy number of launchers on the Kintaro is five, no more or less.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    I just dropped agaisnt 2 Shrecks and a fucking Demolisher.

Dekker somehow took 3 PPCs to the head and fucking survived.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    That feel when you can salvage 2 whole mechs but only 4 prime selections...

So at least now I have a dragon. But only 1 piece of a trebuchet. But I did randomly get the last section of the hunchback I needed. So that's a plus.

Can you expect more heavies after the 3rd plot mission? I'm finally getting more mediums to choose from, but the dragon I got is literally the second heavy I've seen. That Jager in mission 2 was the first.

Now to upgrade to a second hanger bay since suddenly I have like 4 new mechs to choose from.

Should also be a Quickdraw in mission 1.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    I just dropped agaisnt 2 Shrecks and a fucking Demolisher.

Dekker somehow took 3 PPCs to the head and fucking survived.

Plainly Dekker is growing thicker skin after hanging out in your lance for so long.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    Comahawk wrote: »

Did you overheat? It's a weird bug or something with that post-battle screen where if you overheat it makes it look like you lost all of your armor because of the structure damage you take from that.

I don't think it's a bug, I think they have to remove all the armor and check the myomer for damage. That's how I interpret it anyways.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    If you want to go up in weight classes (from mediums->heavy->assault), run Assassination missions. The target is almost always in a mech with a higher than average weightclass.

Acquired a Stalker that way this morning. At first I was running it with 2xLRM20s and 1xLRM15, but I decided to downgrade the LRM15 to 2xLRM5s and fit a missile TTS system instead.
    Better heat/ammo management, and I actually hit with just as many missiles. Generally though TTS systems are for very heavy mechs that either fire shitloads of that weapon type, or have already filled up their hardpoints with the biggest stuff.

P.S: If you fit your Kintaro with anything but 5xSRM4 launchers you're committing heresy. SRM6 Heterodoxy will be forgiven though, as long as you recognize that the holy number of launchers on the Kintaro is five, no more or less.

How about 45 LRMs though

sig.gif
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Dekker isn't really cursed. It's just that the first time you fight with him he's in a deathtrap-fitted spider and most people are noobs, so they run right in with their little spider and watch him get blown up.

And yeah, the first spider is a complete deathtrap. On most of the body the armor is so thin that a single medium laser will strip it.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    I've been thinking.

If they extend the game via updates to Clan times...I really hope they dont focus on the clan invasion of the IS, cause honestly..kind of done to death.

What i want to see, is my Merc unit be part of Taskforce Serpent, and to hear the word given by Ariana before the exterminatus of the Jaguar homeworld begins.

Yeeessss. That'd be damn fun finally getting to play through the IS ass kicking of the Smoke Jaguars. Doing the entirety of the main Operation Bulldog assault may be better, though, just to preserve the planet hopping aspect for variety as Operation Serpent is confined to Huntress.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Perversely, I swapped my pilot into the Spider after refitting it and moved Dekker into something else.

My thinking is that if I fuck up with it and it blows up, I at least won't die.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options

Y'all

Y'ALL

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Oosik_Irregulars

How much of a slap on the wrist would we get if we filled this out with fluff that doesn't go against main canon?

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    I'm having terrible luck getting heavy mechs.

Lots of heavy mechs in the missions, but it's always a unique variant from the previous ones, so my bay is full of 1/3 and 2/3 heavies.

The mediums aren't cutting it anymore, not sure how much longer I can continue like this.

Yeah the fact that salvaging mechs requires that you salvage three parts of a specific variant is getting pretty annoying.

I'm only 16 hours in but I still haven't managed to put together a single salvaged mech of any kind.

My hope is that after the plot progresses the stores will help fill the need. If I need to drop 500,000 CBills to get the last piece of jagermech, I’ll do it.

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Dekker isn't really cursed. It's just that the first time you fight with him he's in a deathtrap-fitted spider and most people are noobs, so they run right in with their little spider and watch him get blown up.

And yeah, the first spider is a complete deathtrap. On most of the body the armor is so thin that a single medium laser will strip it.

Funny, because so far that's been my Command Ride.

Jump. Sensor Lock. Never be in LoS.

It's good to be the king MechCommander.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Heh, had a conversation with a buddy (who isn't all that up on Battletech) that went like this;

Buddy: "I don't get it. What's so great about this SLDF stuff that people would have a raging murder boner for it? They're just Mechs, everybody has Mechs."
    Me: "Imagine if, for whatever reason, the nations of the world were fighting with like WWII era tanks but then someone found a garage chock full of battle ready M1 Abrams."
    Buddy: "Oh. Oooooh! Yeah my murder boner would be pretty hard too."

• Options
    edited April 2018

(From Reddit)
    TV4IjUW.jpg

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
This discussion has been closed.