Options

[chat]? Who are you?

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    wandering wrote: »
    as a soy boy, a game about grrr manly monster murderin' is a lot less appealing to me than a game about the love between a monster murderer and his son

as a well rounded person i like all sorts of stories touching a broad spectrum of human motivations and impulses

(my great grandfather was a quarter gamer gate, apologies)

• Options
    i think i only got to play the first god of war. i don't remember a whole lot of it.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    This God of War is straight up one of the best games I've ever played.

I could only like it more if it had a roguelike procedural dungeon I could play forever after finishing the main game.

As it is I will probably replay it enough to platinum it.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Man I want a PS4. Sony's studios seem to be knocking it out of the park.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    i thought i might play skyrim again. it turns out no. i am all the way done with that game probably forever after i imagine several hundred hours.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Who
    Organichu wrote: »
    i thought i might play skyrim again. it turns out no. i am all the way done with that game probably forever after i imagine several hundred hours.

Its always kind of sad when you realize that a beloved game just doesn't have anything for you anymore

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    good lord

I just spent a bunch of time building a database of all the Rockband songs I own, at https://rbdb.online/u/spool32

I got up to letter R...

you have to enter the songs manually?

oh hellllls no

Nah, you can check the box beside the games you have so like, i didn't need to select any lego games because I exported them all - same for some packs and albums that I know I have, and for RB4 itself.

But my list was heavily impacted by the migration to Xbox One and I don't know if I have complete products yet, or if I managed to successfully re-download every song I had rights to. Also, some of them I intentionally didn't get because I hated playing them.

So it's more accurate for me to just go down the list on my xbox, and check "owned" for each one of them that i didn't get with the globals.

Yeah I'm missing probably a 100 songs between RBN not carrying over and songs I didn't download because just seeing them in the store made me grimace

still at close to 1300 iirc tho so that's a lot of clicking, although much more manageable if I can select entire imports at once

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Who
    as a soy boy, a game about grrr manly monster murderin' is a lot less appealing to me than a game about the love between a monster murderer and his son

as a well rounded person
    Well, most chatters are well rounded, in a manner of speaking

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

Its always kind of sad when you realize that a beloved game just doesn't have anything for you anymore

I want a sequel to FTL. :(

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Who

i was thinking about tryign the VR version

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Also just like, I was really impressed by the first 2-ish hours of GoW. They slowly ramp things up in a really awesome way, so when you get to the first true boss fight you're just blown away.
    Early on every fight is pretty slow, and deliberate, and Kratos is pretty much just a strong guy with an axe. You don't jump around, you don't take out 8 dudes at once, and when you fight the first miniboss troll it probably kicks your ass multiple times before you can beat it.

Kratos seems verrry old and verrry tired, even if he's still ridiculously strong he's just kind of slow. He seems very vulnerable and mortal. You kinda start thinking that combat is going to be much different in this GoW, assuming you're familiar with the previous games.

And then you get this fight, where shit just starts ramping up more and more and more, and you're like who the fuck IS this guy, and what can he do, and for that matter what can Kratos still do, and it just keeps surprising you. It kind of feels like a superhero fight, it's fucking awesome. Some of the coolest fights end up being against dudes your size or smaller.

https://youtu.be/klE86k-Uco8

This right here if you arent going to play God of War watch the video in this spoiler now.

• Options
    edited April 2018

as a well rounded person

hmmm is it in vogue for soy boys to body shame nowadays?????

smdh HOW MUCH DAIRY DID YOU EAT TODAY, UNGULATE JUDAS

Organichu on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Who
    Athenor wrote: »

Fastest, Then, Light

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    i played a million hours of oblivion, mostly since i was grounded all summer, but i couldn't get into skyrim

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Who
    "Barely Tolerating a Child Simulator"

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    i was chasing that weird nostalgia, and didn't get it : (

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Who
    good lord

I just spent a bunch of time building a database of all the Rockband songs I own, at https://rbdb.online/u/spool32

I got up to letter R...

you have to enter the songs manually?

oh hellllls no

Nah, you can check the box beside the games you have so like, i didn't need to select any lego games because I exported them all - same for some packs and albums that I know I have, and for RB4 itself.

But my list was heavily impacted by the migration to Xbox One and I don't know if I have complete products yet, or if I managed to successfully re-download every song I had rights to. Also, some of them I intentionally didn't get because I hated playing them.

So it's more accurate for me to just go down the list on my xbox, and check "owned" for each one of them that i didn't get with the globals.

Yeah I'm missing probably a 100 songs between RBN not carrying over and songs I didn't download because just seeing them in the store made me grimace

still at close to 1300 iirc tho so that's a lot of clicking, although much more manageable if I can select entire imports at once

It'll be an undertaking but not a horrible one imo. It goes faster as you get into it...

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Who

Into the Breach?

• Options

I see someone is watching Bikeman

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Who
    Kana wrote: »
    Also just like, I was really impressed by the first 2-ish hours of GoW. They slowly ramp things up in a really awesome way, so when you get to the first true boss fight you're just blown away.
    Early on every fight is pretty slow, and deliberate, and Kratos is pretty much just a strong guy with an axe. You don't jump around, you don't take out 8 dudes at once, and when you fight the first miniboss troll it probably kicks your ass multiple times before you can beat it.

Kratos seems verrry old and verrry tired, even if he's still ridiculously strong he's just kind of slow. He seems very vulnerable and mortal. You kinda start thinking that combat is going to be much different in this GoW, assuming you're familiar with the previous games.

And then you get this fight, where shit just starts ramping up more and more and more, and you're like who the fuck IS this guy, and what can he do, and for that matter what can Kratos still do, and it just keeps surprising you. It kind of feels like a superhero fight, it's fucking awesome. Some of the coolest fights end up being against dudes your size or smaller.

https://youtu.be/klE86k-Uco8

This right here if you arent going to play God of War watch the video in this spoiler now.

Also watch the video on Friday's .txt because it was wonderful

• Options
    Who

I see someone is watching Bikeman

He's pretty great

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    ... I've sunk 412 hours into FTL.

I think only Just Cause 2 and WoW have more playtime.

Edit: Shit, I've only played 100 hours of JC2.

qlvJQg2h.jpg

Athenor on
  • Options
    Who
    32/381 victories.

Sounds right.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

The best part of this is the little anime cat smile on that fucking thing's face

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    i played a million hours of oblivion, mostly since i was grounded all summer, but i couldn't get into skyrim

what'd ya do to get grounded

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    has anyone here made a pudding pie? you know, middle america special, jell-o pudding in a graham cracker crust, maybe some cool whip on top?

this random recipe says to cut down the milk by 33%, but kraft's website- the owner of jell-o- says to use the full amount of milk suggested for making the pudding on its own

who to trust..

• Options

sucked on a girl's tit in the middle of social studies

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »

Into the Breach?

It feels more like Fire Emblem for the few minutes I've played it. Or an old SNES game that used a similar view.

FTL is just.. exploring, and running, and praying for an awesome gun, and micromanaging your energy and sending Johnny Maloney over to other ships on suicide runs so that you can capture them intact (yes, all 15 skills he mastered was Combat, his clones are well trained).

• Options

sucked on a girl's tit in the middle of social studies

hey as long as it was consensual

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    I'm going on a forum expedition

as far as I can tell, this is the very last thread of the very last page of debate and discourse

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/7834/remembrance-day-veterans-day

and this is the very last chat thread

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/7774/chat-s-my-illusion

Didn't even have to go to page 2 to see gay as a slur.

A lot of blast from the past names there too.

Internet is weird.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Who

as a well rounded person

hmmm is it in vogue for soy boys to body shame nowadays?????

smdh HOW MUCH DAIRY DID YOU EAT TODAY, UNGULATE JUDAS
    As a fat person i have the sacred right to make fat jokes

whether the pizza I ate today had cheese is a private matter

• Options
    speaking of being grounded forever the kid I gave up for adoption is 18 now

• Options
    feelsoldman

• Options
    JebusUD wrote: »

as far as I can tell, this is the very last thread of the very last page of debate and discourse

Internet is weird.

gay slurs and even n words were p common back in the day on these boards IIRC, esp in SE++

• Options
    Who
    JebusUD wrote: »

Internet is weird.

gay slurs and even n words were p common back in the day on these boards IIRC, esp in SE++

Old Testmanent times before the Glorious Edict

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    .. The fuck?

I could've sworn I had beaten FTL on Hard, and gotten at least a few of the achievements on that difficulty!

hmm. Maybe this is the excuse I need to play it again...

• Options
    Story time

Red Cross calls, needs two rooms for some victims of an apartment fire, we give them the last two rooms we have for the night.

Lady from the Red Cross will be here in an hour or so and we said just send the guests ahead and we will let them get settled.

Lady walks in with a male we assume they are a couple nope they are room mates and this dude DEMANDS he has his own room. My coworker explains Red Cross only asked for two rooms and they were the last ones available. Dude essentially did an arms crossed emoji and is waiting in the lobby for the Red Cross person to arrive and I have no idea what his endgame plan is since we have no other rooms.

• Options

i got blackout drunk in the arboretum and got in a fight and disappeared until it was very late

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    has anyone here made a pudding pie? you know, middle america special, jell-o pudding in a graham cracker crust, maybe some cool whip on top?

this random recipe says to cut down the milk by 33%, but kraft's website- the owner of jell-o- says to use the full amount of milk suggested for making the pudding on its own

who to trust..

Less milk = firmer pie

This discussion has been closed.