There was an idea... [AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR] is out. BEWARE THE INTERNET

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Avengers Forever is absolutely the title of the next one

Didn't they say the title of A4 is a spoiler for IW?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    so, I know this is a super long shot, but being the fan of certain comic runs that I am,

(Opening sequence spoiler)
    (Specifically Journey Into Mystery)Loki's death seemed like one of the "for realsies" ones that will stick after the movie is done, and if Marvel really is done with Hiddleston's portrayal for now at least, this would be a fantastic opportunity to introduce Kid Loki in the next phase.

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    I care about Agents of SHIELD insofar as I would like Coulson and Quake to reintegrate into the movies. The rest can get flushed.

excuse me but Mack has a shotgun axe

sig.gif
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    A4 set photos and other stuff
    Apparently the whole "revisiting the first movie" thing is part of Tony's BARF tech which is going to come back into play

Hiddleston is in these scenes with the mouth thing from before Thor took him back to Asgard. So when Hiddleston says he shot scenes for A4, that can be true without undoing Loki's death

I'm not sure what's up with blonde Tony though

I do suspect we're in for a timeskip what with the new actor they got for Cassie Lang

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Todd
    Avengers 4 title speculation
    Avengers: Endgame
    simple, is kind of a spoiler for IW and fits the "we made a mistake trying to keep it this secret"

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Todd
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Apparently the whole "revisiting the first movie" thing is part of Tony's BARF tech which is going to come back into play

Hiddleston is in these scenes with the mouth thing from before Thor took him back to Asgard. So when Hiddleston says he shot scenes for A4, that can be true without undoing Loki's death

I do suspect we're in for a timeskip what with the new actor they got for Cassie Lang
    BARF?

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    NOBODY WINS

BARF?

The memory thing from Civil War

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

BARF?
    Is BARF Tech what they used to make this movie cause that would explain a lot heyoooo ha cha cha cha

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Todd

BARF?

The memory thing from Civil War

ahhhhhhhhhhh interesante

f2ojmwh3geue.png

BARF?
    Is BARF Tech what they used to make this movie cause that would explain a lot heyoooo ha cha cha cha

no I think they used digital photography technology with a significant amount of post-processing

sig.gif
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

BARF?

no I think they used digital photography technology with a significant amount of post-processing

Stop letting Lexi use your login credentials

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular

BARF?

no its what they use to make ur posts

• JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular

BARF?

Todd
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    so, I know this is a super long shot, but being the fan of certain comic runs that I am,

(Opening sequence spoiler)
    (Specifically Journey Into Mystery)Loki's death seemed like one of the "for realsies" ones that will stick after the movie is done, and if Marvel really is done with Hiddleston's portrayal for now at least, this would be a fantastic opportunity to introduce Kid Loki in the next phase.

MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Final opening total domestic is 258.7 million, over 10 million more than The Force Awakens' record

It also set another record, the largest gap between the #1 and #2 movies BO total for a single weekend, with 258.7 million vs. A Quiet Place's 10 million.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Surprise Coulson
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Final opening total domestic is 258.7 million, over 10 million more than The Force Awakens' record

It also set another record, the largest gap between the #1 and #2 movies BO total for a single weekend, with 258.7 million vs. A Quiet Place's 10 million.

Man I was predicting $253.8 and I thought that would be a stretch.

something something superhero movie fatigue

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Larlar
    Yo so I wish they had put in that scene from Secret Wars where Strange goes to hell to bargain for power and is thrown out because he has no soul left to bargain with. I mean, it would have to be a little bit different in this one because he hasn't been SoSu for 20 years and still has his soul, but it would still have been cool.

Also how was the fight between
    Corvus Glaive and Captain America, and likewise the fight between Black Widow and Proxima Midnight, fair? Vision has issues fighting Corvus Glaive and somehow Cap is able to just punch him out? It's disconnected.

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Surprise Coulson
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Yo so I wish they had put in that scene from Secret Wars where Strange goes to hell to bargain for power and is thrown out because he has no soul left to bargain with. I mean, it would have to be a little bit different in this one because he hasn't been SoSu for 20 years and still has his soul, but it would still have been cool.

Corvus Glaive and Captain America, and likewise the fight between Black Widow and Proxima Midnight, fair? Vision has issues fighting Corvus Glaive and somehow Cap is able to just punch him out? It's disconnected.
    I think Vision only had issues because he was impaled before getting a chance to fight back.

• TubeTube Registered User admin

Well Vision
    started out the fight by getting ganked. I agree that Black Widow vs Proxima was a little silly though, given that Scarlet Witch was having trouble

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    NOBODY WINS
    Vision
    how did get stabbed anyway? Isn't he made of fucking vibranium?

Todd

it's all a bit wonky but i think the intent is that vision
    getting impaled with that first blow severely diminished him

he mentions his inability to phase but i think his body language certainly communicates as such

black widow-wise, she's always had kind of nebulously unstoppable fighting skill so it's whatev imo

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Also, remember that MCU Steve is an actual powered character

Black Widow has the power/curse of not having an annoying womb stopping her from focusing with its bad woman urges, remember?

sig.gif
    Vision
    Vibranium stabber

• HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Wasn't the Widow fight with Proxima two on one? I could swear Okoye was there too...and Nat clearly had some sort of upgraded batons that were capable of doing damage to supers

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Man I was predicting $253.8 and I thought that would be a stretch.

something something superhero movie fatigue

others have said it but the real test is the next two weeks. If the demand has been met it might do less domestically than Black Panther. It has more competition in Deadpool 2 and other stuff, and it could have a severe drop off between week 1 and week 2.

That it opened huge is super cool, but it might not be leggy. I hope it is! I really liked it and hope it does much better than age of ultron.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    I can only speak for myself but I may well end up seeing this a second time at the theatre

• PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    One thing I will say is it's a good idea to see at least the other Phase 3 Marvel movies (Thor Ragnarok, Civil War, GOTG 2, Black Panther) before seeing this, because one guy that was with us hadn't seen Thor Ragnarok or Black Panther and was good and lost for about an hour of the movie.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    NOBODY WINS
    Considering how fucking amazing Widows fight doubles are, I don't care if it's implausible.

Let's see that karate.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Vision
    Strongest metal on earth doesn't mean strongest metal anywhere

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I am going to see this again, but mostly because this one woman was losing her mind during the last 4 minutes so, so loudly that it became annoying and really destroyed the impact it would have had.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    Javen wrote: »
    Vision
    Strongest metal on earth doesn't mean strongest metal anywhere

Although we have seen that even Mjolnir has trouble with Cap's shield.

• Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Todd
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    Wasn't the Widow fight with Proxima two on one? I could swear Okoye was there too...and Nat clearly had some sort of upgraded batons that were capable of doing damage to supers

It was
    And then they are majorly helped out by Witch. Proxima makes a face before Witch shows up like she's about to dunk on these fools and then get flung into spinning blades.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »

It was
    And then they are majorly helped out by Witch. Proxima makes a face before Witch shows up like she's about to dunk on these fools and then get flung into spinning blades.
    such a great death. All of the mook deaths in that fight were A+

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Todd
    ending spoilers
    When everyone was ghosting, a dude in the back yelled, "Nooooo!" when Panther got it. And then later, "Spider-Man!!!" And then credits hit, "Man, FUCK Marvel!" It got a pretty big, cathartic laugh from the audience and you could barely hear him say, much softer, "Those were my two favorites, dead."

I think that for the generation that were children watching this, it's going to be a huge cultural touchstone.

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Surprise Coulson
    A4 stuff:
    I also would not want to reboot the MCU in any way, but I would like to see a re-do of the Avengers 1 "assembled" shot but with other newer Avengers added/subbed in. Just imagining Vision/Wanda/Bucky/Falcon/Spider-Man/Ant Man, etc. It would get real crowded real quick, but it could be cool as a what-if or one of Strange's possible futures(pasts?).

Renzo on
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Todd
    Tube wrote: »
    I think that for the generation that were children watching this, it's going to be a huge cultural touchstone.
    Had a gaming buddy call it this generations (really old movie) Empire Strike Back. While overall movie quality wise I dunno if I can get behind that, but the "bad guys win / good guys in rough shape" at the end wise I can see it.

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
    Todd
    Tube wrote: »

yeah, I think the refrain of "the kids in my audiences said X" is pretty telling
    the ending title card of "thanos will return" had a lil kiddo in front of me (like 9 or 10 probably) loudly declaring "did you see that? this ISN'T over, this isn't over" and it did really warm the ol heart

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    My favorite part of the MCU is taking the good ideas from the comics and not treating the garbage parts like holy writ. If it sucked in the comics, like half of Civil War, stupidly large tie in events, or Marvel's ongoing hero drama fueds, it goes into the incinerator.