Options

Dark Souls Remastered

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    I’m just joking, I think this looks awesome and that souls needs warm milk and a rest

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    If From wants to make non-Souls games then where's my 3D Dot Game Heroes, Armored Core, Evergrace, Lost Kingdom, etc. etc. etc.?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    if you want more armored core, some of the key armored core staff seem to have moved on to make Daemon X Machina

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I'd rather have a full console game.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I do miss some of From's old super eclectic and more frequent smaller output

did they make 3D Dot Game Heroes?

e: wikipedia says Fromsoft just published it in Japan, it was developed by a studio called Silicon Studio. The other three were Fromsoft games though.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    It had From characters/references in it, so another likely wouldn't be made without them involved.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

How.... Do you know it isn't?

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Because it seems to be Switch exclusive?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

Ok, so I repeat the question

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options

Ok, so I repeat the question

...I repeat the answer? I don't know what we're doing here.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    The Switch is a full console, and games on it would be full console games

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I'd rather have a non-hybrid console game?

To be more specific I want it to go back to being Playstation exclusive like they used to be.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    ohhh, you want it to be for the console you have and not the console other people have

why didn't you just say so?

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Multiplat I get, but why exclusive? Like, even if it's a horsepower thing, why not PC/XB/PS4?

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Because the series started on PlayStation and From has already done good PS exclusives this generation.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Because the series started on PlayStation and From has already done good PS exclusives this generation.

If Sony wanted Sekiro exclusive they would’ve paid to publish it. Activision paid, and therefore is going for the widest audience they can.

If you’re talkin daemon x machina, that game is not made by From.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Is there any way to skip Sen's fun house

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Is there any way to skip Sen's fun house

nuh-uh, it's part of the critical path

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    depending on how far you've gotten into it, there's a very easy to miss bonfire

you have to drop off a ledge onto a balcony to find it, and then you can break an illusory wall to get back

• Options
    Something with very last swinging axes walkway, the perspective is strange or something

Has gotten me four or five times now

And it takes me about half an hour to get to that point

• Options

you have to drop off a ledge onto a balcony to find it, and then you can break an illusory wall to get back

it's also easy to not realize you can activate a cage elevator that goes from the first narrow bridge at the bottom all the way to the room right below the fog wall to the boss, even if you explored enough to find the key that activates it

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    The key to nailing sen's fortress is to use up your souls as much as possible, go naked and just keep running until you reach the bonfire at the top

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I am really stuck in Bloodborne mode while trying to play DSR. I feel like I'm moving at half speed even though I'm fast rolling. No weapon feels fast enough, and I constantly forget to use my shield. I also keep trying to dodge past enemies and instead rolling right into their attacks. At least I'm not doing my usual medium roll hide behind the Knight shield style, I default to that way too often in Dark Souls.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options

it's also easy to not realize you can activate a cage elevator that goes from the first narrow bridge at the bottom all the way to the room right below the fog wall to the boss, even if you explored enough to find the key that activates it

Don't you have to make it to the top to activate this?

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular

Don't you have to make it to the top to activate this?

You need the key from below and then make it to almost the very top. It is mostly useful if you never find the bonfire. Otherwise just use the bonfire.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    You aren’t going to need a short cut or a bonfire because you’re going to beat the boss first time and make Tarkus proud

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    It just takes me 20 to 30 minutes to get almost to the top, so it's hard to find time to play for more than hour a day

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I've played this game so many times now that I think Sen's is one of the zones I get through the fastest.

Knowing all the traps by heart really makes a difference.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I am really stuck in Bloodborne mode while trying to play DSR. I feel like I'm moving at half speed even though I'm fast rolling. No weapon feels fast enough, and I constantly forget to use my shield. I also keep trying to dodge past enemies and instead rolling right into their attacks. At least I'm not doing my usual medium roll hide behind the Knight shield style, I default to that way too often in Dark Souls.

I just finished a couple playthroughs of Bloodborne and went back to DS2 last night for my co-op run with my friend and brother.

Good lord that felt like sliding smoothly along a butter road and slamming headlong into a post.

• Options
    I think I need a little more health, to take a few more zaps from the goddamned snakeman wizard assholes without having to stop to heal

Going giant dad

• Options
    Woooo made it to the top of Sen's fun house!

• Options
    Praise Tarkus

He staggered the fire bomber Giant and the Golem

I don't have the key to use the elevators at the top of Sen's

Or something

I went to Anor Londo and leveled up to 50

Time to make build decisions, I guess

But not too many

I spent so much time here the first time around, I burned out on the game

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Boy Manus is a real shit

"Aha luckily I found the pendant so it'll be no problem to deal with these spells WHY IS IT JUST HOVERING THERE UNTIL I STOP SPAMMING THE PENDANT"

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Yeah, in theory, that's like wearing the One Ring to a fight with Sauron.

• Options
    Manus demanding that you be patient and respond on the spot once his spells start actually moving is a real splash of cold water

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    I am up for Tenchu Stealth Zombie Assassin.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    Cool, cool

I'm going to run out of humanity

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    First time player. Question: would you guys suggest I spring for Playstation Plus for this? Or is that something I can ignore until the second playthrough? Like, is it better to stay offline for the first playthrough?

• Options
    First time player. Question: would you guys suggest I spring for Playstation Plus for this? Or is that something I can ignore until the second playthrough? Like, is it better to stay offline for the first playthrough?

nah, being online let's you summon other players to help with boss fights, which is probably most important for your first playthrough

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Well, alright then. Thanks!