As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dark Souls Remastered

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    Peas wrote: »
    But at what cost
    Well, you have to spend some souls for the durability, but you'd have to do that with any farming method so w/e, it's well outpaced by souls gained.

Yer farming baby souls!
    I'm not picky.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    to be fair, those babies were kind of being dicks

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    If I am ever cursed to become an angry ambulatory skeleton please obliterate me with a polehammer

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    to be fair, those babies were kind of being dicks

They almost certainly eat people

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    why is it always "oh please obliterate me with a polehammer" over every little thing with you

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I knew I wasn't imaging things, that bonfire at Vamos is new. It's a good change, but I'm honestly surprised they did it. I mean, it's clearly not for Pinwheel, because who the fuck dies to that pillock, it's to make dying at the beginning of Tomb of the Giants less painful, and I always thought they wanted that to suck.

I wish they'd gone all the way with stuff like this. Have, say 3 modes in the game. Classic (just the original game, no changes, just performance and graphical improvements), Enhanced (the original game, but with improvements like new bonfires, warping to any bonfire from the start, and other QoL changes. A mode that's what Dark Souls would be if it was a new game today), and a Remix mode where they just change shit up completely with enemies in new or even random locations, new items in new places, new traps, new bosses, bosses from later games in some places, just get wild with it. Something where you can get the Dark Souls feel, but it's different every time.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Edit: nvm

Mayday on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    If I am ever cursed to become an angry ambulatory skeleton please obliterate me with a polehammer

I wish my fat ass could become an angry ambulatory skeleton.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

I wish my fat ass could become an angry ambulatory skeleton.

Don’t give up, skeleton!

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    why is it always "oh please obliterate me with a polehammer" over every little thing with you

Oh so what's your great way of goin, peacefully in your sleep I bet

• Options

Oh so what's your great way of goin, peacefully in your sleep I bet

you'll get punched by a sweaty naked person in a loincloth and you'll be FUCKING GRATEFUL that they deigned to spend the time to momentarily interrupt your cursed eternal vigil

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'm attempting to explore the demon ruins. It's bullshit that the enemies are camouflaged with the walls, to an extent that everything is brown and grey and orange

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Take with a few grains of blood salt:

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    unless they're reusing all the exact same assets, like lampposts and fences and PC clothes and weapons, as bloodborne 1 that's just a screenshot of bloodborne 1, so.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    something that i think is important that people keep missing is that at the same time a page for Sunset Overdrive 2 appeared, which would mean that it's retailers uploading entries for both microsoft and sony games

the only event coming up soon is Gamescom, and that's historically been focused on running new trailers for fall releases rather than announcing new games

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    It's a photoshopped listing of a bloodborne screenshot on Amazon

• Options
    Some asshole red invader got me to betray the forest hunters by positioning themselves between two of them

Goddammit

I'm level 66, so that's... 33,000 to absolve

Motherfucker

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    It's a photoshopped listing of a bloodborne screenshot on Amazon

nah, i saw the listing, it was barren though. no box art on the listing, release date of december 31 2019. nothign to get excited about.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    fakest fake that ever faked

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    the dark souls of fakes

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    it seemed like a place holder someone entered at one point and then it got published as part of the site updating

• Options
    Wow, Lost Izalith is terrible

• Options
    The bed of chaos is fucking awful bullshit, even with the exploits, how the fuck I am supposed to get past it's arms to kill it?

I've watched several videos

That scythe comes out of nowhere from off screen somewhere, almost immediately after the arm swipes and kills me in one hit

• Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    Getting a shit ton of firebombs and lobbing em might be worth a try. Also take a 30 minute break and come back and you'll probably nail it, always works for me.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    You've just gotta run. Bait a swipe, run out to avoid, and run back in.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    To clarify, I've destroyed the two orb things, and just need to get to the root bridge over the pit to run up there and kill the bug demon inside the tree monster.

I don't know if it's because I'm stupid, or the game is fucked up, but there's no pattern to the arms and scythe thing or the fire storm thing

There's definitely a pattern in some of the YouTube videos I have watched

Mine doesn't follow that pattern

I can't imagine the Remaster changed this of all things

There isn't a big enough gap between attacks to get to the root bridge

Fuck this

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    To clarify, I've destroyed the two orb things, and just need to get to the root bridge over the pit to run up there and kill the bug demon inside the tree monster.

I don't know if it's because I'm stupid, or the game is fucked up, but there's no pattern to the arms and scythe thing or the fire storm thing

There's definitely a pattern in some of the YouTube videos I have watched

Mine doesn't follow that pattern

I can't imagine the Remaster changed this of all things

There isn't a big enough gap between attacks to get to the root bridge

Fuck this

Are you trying to run around to the hole or jump/dropping down onto the pathway? Because you basically just sprint to the path drop into it, sprint into the head. If you die you just keep doing that. Eventually you will get lucky and make it.

furlion on
    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I'm trying to get to the part of the room directly in front of the ramp that dumps you into the room, as I have watched some videos and it seems this root bridge is located there, directly ahead

15 deaths later, I'm learning absolutely nothing

There doesn't seem to be any patterns to it's attacks, and the boss is so large that I can't see half of them coming until they connect with my disgusting flesh

And none of the bonfires down here are warp-able, so the closest is the daughter of chaos

Complete bullshit

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    I'm trying to get to the part of the room directly in front of the ramp that dumps you into the room, as I have watched some videos and it seems this root bridge is located there, directly ahead

15 deaths later, I'm learning absolutely nothing

There doesn't seem to be any patterns to it's attacks, and the boss is so large that I can't see half of them coming until they connect with my disgusting flesh

And none of the bonfires down here are warp-able, so the closest is the daughter of chaos

Complete bullshit

There is a hidden bonfire closer then that, unless you are taking the shortcut. But yeah pretty much run forward, bait an attack, then dart down into the bridge. It is a super crap boss fight. Definitely try and summon someone to help distract the tree.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Where is the hidden bonfire?

K was referring to the closest warp-able bonfire when i spoke of the daughter's fire

I found two in Lost Izalith, at the beginning of the area/after the centipede demon, and I found the one in the temple in the lava lake.

It's a 10 minute trip from there to the goddamned shitty glitchy boss asshole whose goddamned arm glitched through the goddamned floor and knocked me off the fucking root bridge

(I need to buy a new game)

Also, this area is a fucking parade of Invaders, I cannot stay alive long enough to make it to the boss, much less summon help, if I am human

I was invaded continuously when I was trying to kill Kirk

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I always used the one in the temple in the lava lake near the dino butts. You can just run to Bed without having to fight anything though you need the lava ring.

Really the only thing you can do in the fight is run and maybe block and hope you don't get pushed into a pit. After you kill the orbs you just need to do a running jump into the middle and hurry to the center of the thing. A lot of it is just luck, really, unless you've played for a like a thousand hours.

• Options
    Where is the hidden bonfire?

K was referring to the closest warp-able bonfire when i spoke of the daughter's fire

I found two in Lost Izalith, at the beginning of the area/after the centipede demon, and I found the one in the temple in the lava lake.

It's a 10 minute trip from there to the goddamned shitty glitchy boss asshole whose goddamned arm glitched through the goddamned floor and knocked me off the fucking root bridge

(I need to buy a new game)

Also, this area is a fucking parade of Invaders, I cannot stay alive long enough to make it to the boss, much less summon help, if I am human

I was invaded continuously when I was trying to kill Kirk

Yeah I meant the one in the lake, there is also the shortcut from the daughter of chaos but you have to give her 30 humanity to open it.

Can't lie to you man, it is a garbage fight. You have to either keep at it until luck goes your way or give up. No shame in giving up, you definitely would not be the first to say fuck this at the bed of chaos.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    That boss is the lowest point of the entire series.

Luckily it's cheesable!
    If you killed the right side first, there's a safe spot on the back wall from which you can shoot the left side with arrows. Not sure if the same is true of the right side.

Alternatively, you can get up real close and hit the sides with firebombs, like so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3lbnr59VBc

broken image link
  • Options
    I killed the orbs quite easily.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    yeah the orbs are 100% not the problem with the bed of chaos

once both sides are dead it's just a fuckin' dice roll whether you can get down to finish it off

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Huh, I had the most trouble getting the second orb.

The final bit is still a dice roll, but with better odds than the second orb, I thought.

broken image link
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    just Klepek it

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Beat the Dark Souls board game today, three of us playing. Winged Knight then Dancer of the Boreal Valley. Took about four and a half hours using double souls per encounter. We only died once, in the second room.

That game's got some problems but I still like it.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    yeah the orbs are 100% not the problem with the bed of chaos

once both sides are dead it's just a fuckin' dice roll whether you can get down to finish it off
    Wasn't my experience. First or went down fine, second or was a real pain to get to, getting to the bottom had some trouble but wasn't as bad as second orb.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Beat the Dark Souls board game today, three of us playing. Winged Knight then Dancer of the Boreal Valley. Took about four and a half hours using double souls per encounter. We only died once, in the second room.

That game's got some problems but I still like it.

I have the Bloodborne board game. I hope to have a chance to play it someday.