As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the [podcast] thread

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Danika Harrod just retweeted this, in one of the meanest acts I've ever seen someone do to a friend

*tips fedora*

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    We were all dorks at 23

but Patrick, like, especially Patrick holy shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnhZrc58FYw

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I was wondering when someone was gonna make this. It was wild seeing those same games again.

It also kinda made me wanna know more about the stories behind the development of the games on these things.

jaziek on
    Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Twitter was so pure in 2008

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Twitter was so pure in 2008

People were just having an honest discussion on the merits of Popeye's Chicken. Everyone was very polite.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Uh oh, speaking of, just got that 10th anniversary badge

Oh dear

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    welcome to last month, youngster

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    My 2008 timeline is almost entirely tweets about new stories from Kotaku and Rolling Stone, plus a bunch of dorky shit from Patrick, JoCo, and Wil Wheaton (who I forgot I was even following)

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    That cloud...

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    VINNYVANIA RETURNS! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Vinnystainia sounds vaguely dirty.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    so TotalBiscuit died of cancer, apparently

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    NO WE HAVE IT IN ENOUGH THREADS

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    but I only care about destroying this one

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    He was really proud of his 155 IQ

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    You know what's really good, Podcast Thread?

Giving your teeth a good clean before going to bed and once that's done it's like

CROSS THAT LAST BIT OFF THE LIST

NO MORE OBLIGATIONS TODAY

TODAY CAN FUCK OFF

IT'S DONE

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    All I could think about during that last PUTJ episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWalP8U-GZc

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    PUtJ episode 18 (or reason I’m glad I work alone #46675):
    Miel: I feel like I’m being punched in the face with these drums and I like it! HIT ME AGAIN, DADDY
    Demi: oh my god, no!
    I can’t breath, help

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Dear God in heaven this Garfield game is absolute trash.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

Yeah, it rules

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Well i bought tickets to the Seattle Flop House show. Hopefully it’ll be fun! Maybe I can get a picture with Stuart!

And maybe Dan & Eliott too I dunno.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    This Beastcast paradox question is super dumb because it's just them miscommunicating the premise and timelines to each other

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    This Beastcast paradox question is super dumb because it's just them miscommunicating the premise and timelines to each other

The way it was described in the email was bad, because it does not give any sort of setup of if there’s a penalty or downside to taking 2 boxes. So like, obviously if you’re asked “do you want 5000 dollars or 10000” you’ll take 10000. The way the problem is presented there’s no reason you shouldn’t have intended to take 10000 before you are scanned.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Man I'm like 5 minutes into the TAZ Dust setup and I don't care
    For some reason the fact that this game system leans real heavy on factions and rep and debt and even distrust within the party, I'm just like, no thanks

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Man I'm like 5 minutes into the TAZ Dust setup and I don't care
    For some reason the fact that this game system leans real heavy on factions and rep and debt and even distrust within the party, I'm just like, no thanks

That stuff can be fun for players but I likewise find it pretty unengaging as a listener

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    It's the last point that seals it for me
    I don't want a mechanic of active distrust between party members
    I like the arguments and tangents that often break out, those can be very fun, but at the end of the day I DO want the party to be friends, even if it's just because they work together

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    It's the last point that seals it for me
    I don't want a mechanic of active distrust between party members
    I like the arguments and tangents that often break out, those can be very fun, but at the end of the day I DO want the party to be friends, even if it's just because they work together

Having a distrustful party was their goal going in, but in practice they ended up ignoring that aspect almost entirely while playing.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    to assuage your wariness a bit, they all get along very well in the arc

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    yeah it's essentially forgotten

well I say forgotten but I actually just skipped dust's ep 0

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Urban Shadows was a bad system for the TAZ crew (and maybe not such a great system overall, if you ask me)

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    I had a fun enough time with dust, even if it didn't totally execute on the promise I felt in the first ep

but it does feature an all-time great TAZ moment which made it all worthwhile

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Yeah, it rules

this is definitely the most not-doing-a-bit frustrated and angry I've ever seen Jeff Gerstmann

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I had a fun enough time with dust, even if it didn't totally execute on the promise I felt in the first ep

The bell scene is absolutely top tier, but is also a fine stopping point imo

• Options

The bell scene is absolutely top tier, but is also a fine stopping point imo

ya know, I was avoiding naming it just so as to keep it vague, but this is fairly true and probably somethin to keep in mind

it's not a very satisfying mystery, nor a very dynamic finale imo

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    Totally Reprise talked about the Catwoman movie for three hours for some fucking reason, which also means I watched Catwoman for some fucking reason! It's a very good podcast episode about a very bad movie.
    oh god they put in this fucking song from the movie
    "I really just felt like I needed to step in there, because, you're already losing the plot, and it had only been 10 seconds into the recording!"
    "We have committed, let's see" "A crime? A sin?"
    "We have committed a sin against those who listen to this podcast, because I know some of them watch everything that we talk about before they listen" "Oh, boy, if that's true, then I'm sorry" you should be
    "She's a jewel thief, once!"
    "We should explain why we did this." Absolutely, because I am still extremely confused.
    "How many Talkin' U2 To Me bits do you want to do?" "Probably none." This episode's three hours long, you're going to slip eventually.
    it was me, I was the one who made fun of them for doing that last episode
    "There's a reason why they hired Halle Berry for this role, and she delivers in that front." "Well, sure." "And I do mean front."
    "We open on a Warner Bros. logo. They did this. Blame them."
    "This is not a Batman movie, this is barely a DC... This isn't a DC movie, in fact. This is not... this is nothing."
    "And her friend is, usi-" "Horny?" "Her friend is very horny." "Her friend is extremely horny, at all times, so just keep that in mind."
    "I do love, they have dressed Halle Berry in a series of clashing bedsheets, cause they want to make her to look as frumpy as possible, and the thing is you really just can't make Halle Berry look frumpy."
    "His wife Yanny Hedare." ooooooooh no
    "I'm just going to call her Sharon Stone from here on in, just so we can avoid all this from now on."
    "You are dating this podcast." to like a fucking four-day window
    "She hates everything aboout her life, and everyone in her life." "Yes, she hates everything and everyone." "I feel like Sharon Stone knows what movie she's in and is living her truth."
    "And she wants to fuck Catwoman so bad."
    "Catwoman is a very relatable film."
    "She is horrified by the gigantic face of this new model staring down at her, as if she were the eyes of Dr. T.J. Eckleberg." I'm always here for a T.J. Eckleberg reference.
    "Now it's time to introduce our token gay friend, who has like three lines."
    "It is not George Hedare at this meeting, it is Yanny Hedare herself." "You need to shut the fuck up forever. You need to just, lose your words."
    "Guys, I don't think this movie's good." "No, it's bad, you're right." "I don't know, it might be great." "It's also the best movie I've seen in my life."
    "They definitely knew that a woman acting like a cat was a sexy thing, but they definitely shot and had Halle Berry act in the least sexy manner of every like, single version of a cat."
    "I HAVE A QUESTION! I have a question."
    "She's cleaned up now. Did she clean herself with her tongue?" Yes, absolutely, that is definitely what happened.
    "I fucking forgot how this scene ends, and I just saw it, and I lost it again." Her getting that catnip is my favorite part of the movie.
    "She is acting like she is having sex with this fuckin catnip."
    "Is she going back because she knows that lady has answers or going back because she knows that lady has catnip?" "Catnip."
    "I once chanted 'fuck the lights,' like, that's not a thing!"
    "And now we get to the worst scene in movie history."
    "They should release just this as a criterion DVD and then the rest of Catwoman as another criterion DVD."
    "This was sex ed for these kids."
    "By the way, we are 38 minutes into this movie without a superhero."
    "Could you take the temperature, of this pussy thank you."
    "She gave herself the same haircut as Judge Judy."
    "I love that we are an hour and a half into this podcast, less than halfway through the movie, and we thought, yeah this is a good time to get into a Yugioh diatribe."
    "I love the idea that she will not sleep on a bed anymore, because that is its express purpose, and a cat has never intentionally slept on a cat bed once."
    I like the idea of this au fanfic where Batman has the same origin story as Catwoman in this movie a lot.
    "It's explained that Midnight was testing Patience, and that-" "Like this movie's testing my patience!"
    Ashley tried to do a Christopher Walken as Shrek impression and it didn't really work out.
    "That's the thing that like, really bugs me about this movie. Weird, I know. But, there's flaws to it, if you look carefully. There's little problems, these are my cinema sins."
    "Tom Lone said that he doesn't have a partner, he works tomlone"
    "Also, do you think he would just like, recognize her voice, cause they've been on three or four dates now." "No, don't be ridiculous, don't be stupid, Molly." "Yeah, I'm sorry."
    "I absolutely cannot fucking believe that you have kept this bit up for the entire episode, cannot fucking believe it." "I don't know what bit you're talking about, Molly." "No one will find your body, Luke. No one will find your body." He has kept up way more difficult bits than this before, I don't know why you're surprised!
    "Snake's a good-ass game."
    "So you're saying she's smarter than she appears." "Well yeah, she's the criminal mastermind behind this entire conspiracy!" "I don't think that means she has to be that smart." That's an extremely good point.
    "Come on, Yanny." "I'm gonna shove your face into the sun and watch you burn out."
    "I'm going to see the light go from this universe and your eyes at the exact same moment."
    "They will find a piece of your body in every single country on this planet."
    "I know, I know you've never seen a movie. I feel bad making this one of the foundational movies you've seen in your life."
    "I fuckin despise you." "Would you say you totally despise me?" then the music kicks in, this is brilliant

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    hey guys

remember that time Ryan Davis bought a hummingbird feeder mask so that hummingbirds would drink out of his face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxLYKuOJu1E

This discussion has been closed.