As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BATTLETECH/MechWarrior] This thread has suffered a catastrophic translight jump failure.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Was great to run with you @Styrofoam Sammich @Tynnan and @chasm especially since I have never run with you all before. Good matches and fun times were had.

Sorry missed you @Erlkönig but I figured you being out in the cold you wouldn't be able to join us. Guess I was wrong.

I'm paying for the fast internet option here. At $40 for a week of 'premium' oil field internet (translated into real-world numbers: that's 5mbps download/786kbps upload rates), I can put in a few rounds a night before my laptop fan spins itself into obliteration.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    Sorry I missed ya, @Erlkönig I should be on all weekend, though, starting tomorrow evening. Hopefully, I can do better than I did tonight. Still can't believe I didn't kill that Linebacker in Solaris City. 300+ damage and the bastard still walked away.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Was nice having someone watch my slow ass Annihilator's back.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Good games tonight, folks

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Tynnan wrote: »
    Good games tonight, folks

Wish I could say the same. After 2 matches that went pretty dang well...it's been shitshow after shitshow.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    BT:
    Lost Dekker on first mission to a friggin LRM turret because I couldn't get to the generator fast enough. Ah well. Scored a Panther on my second mission, so at least now no one ever has to use the Spider or Locust ever again.

• Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    BT:
    Lost Dekker on first mission to a friggin LRM turret because I couldn't get to the generator fast enough. Ah well. Scored a Panther on my second mission, so at least now no one ever has to use the Spider or Locust ever again.

losing dekker is like a right of passage.

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    Was nice having someone watch my slow ass Annihilator's back.

You can be my wingman any time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    BT:

Mine survived to the end of the campaign.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Was great to run with you "Styrofoam Sammich" Tynnan and chasm especially since I have never run with you all before. Good matches and fun times were had.

Sorry missed you "Erlkönig" but I figured you being out in the cold you wouldn't be able to join us. Guess I was wrong.

I only saved this one from the evening, but I thought our lance had a pretty good showing this match:

6qpsb95ujhi7.jpg

e: sorry for batsignal

Tynnan on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Lookit you guys, hogging all the kills. :D

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Double heavy gauss is basically hacking.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »

I had two KMDDs in that match. We had a game on Forest Colony where we were the only lance that got any kills in a 12-6 stomp.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Play PTS for 10 games of cancerous nerfs, GIT MONAAAAAYYYYYY https://mwomercs.com/news/2018/07/2103-public-test-session-live-rewards

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chasm wrote: »
    Play PTS for 10 games of cancerous nerfs, GIT MONAAAAAYYYYYY https://mwomercs.com/news/2018/07/2103-public-test-session-live-rewards

Looks like I called it!

r64apktaqjdx.jpg

Cicada warhorn aw yisss.

• Options
    That 2M c-bills covers 1/3 of the cost of the engine I need to make my laser vomit MAD-IIC work.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Completely real video of me playing my dakka dakka Annihilator on that Forest Colony match

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Pretty much. I think between the four of us we broke 2500 damage.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I've lost my mojo. I've completed mission 3 and I'm completely unwilling to do much with the Mech Bay. And I beat MechWarrior 2 as a preteen.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Whelp, came up 5 game short of the free medium champion. Oh well.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

Looks like I called it!

r64apktaqjdx.jpg

Cicada warhorn aw yisss.

The battlefields of the future shall echo with
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue9av0gLZ8U

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Well played my 10 matches on the PTS and have to say that the clan nerfs really are funny to see. Clans looking and acting like the IS mechs in game. People whining about how their glass cannons are no longer cannons and just glass. The whining is epic, but whatever they are balanced for FP to be honest. But eh, they won't put this patch live and it'll be shelved for now.

One thing though, since they nerfed the SPL/SRM6 Timber Wolf is once again a murderer.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    PTS is full of dual heavy gauss builds right now.

• Options
    I ran with the KDK-3 when I wasn't doing laser vomit MAD-IIC. Pure clan dakka is more fun than it should be.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PTS is full of dual heavy gauss builds right now.

I didn't encounter any, but there were a few Piranhas in some games. When I saw that, I went roaring UAC/LBX10 dakka. Screw it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I had to laugh at all the sad attempts of people running lights or mediums in the PTS. Don't they realize that it is 4v4 and you're giving up a ton of armor by doing this? Especially when I blast them with a full salvo of either 4 SRM6s or 6SRM6s and watch them vaporize before my eyes?

One teammate actually said he regretted bringing in a shadow cat into the match. Next match he was running an Assault.

I actually miss the old days of running 8v8. Each match of 4v4 went in a few minutes and was an enjoyable change.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    New patch notes are up. Looks like it's a good thing I run an AMS on pretty much every mech in my stable. https://mwomercs.com/news/2018/07/2104-patch-notes-141750-17jul2018

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    Finally managed to salvage some assault mechs in the btech campaign. Took forever, but now I feel like I can finally do the end game, starting with Coromodir

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

Oh good, we get crappy old art again? No thank you, sir.

I get that they need to reprint books, and they've got the stock of art (so no/little extra cost), but bleh.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    BT:

Mine survived to the end of the campaign.

I finished the game with two Dekkers!

• Options
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Hmm meta is 7 ML huh? Plus no MASC. Personally I like MASC on it for those moments where I scramble around. I never liked the ML light builds because you have to play like that guy which isn't my play style unfortunately.

Edit: Not to say that was overly awesome to watch as the guy dished out twice my average damage with the 17. I swear that people just ignore the fleas since they are so tiny.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I'd much rather use small pulses on something as fast as the Flea.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    Same here. Too much facetime required for standard laser burn on a light, even for me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Same here. Too much facetime required for standard laser burn on a light, even for me.

For me it's kind of a "eh" since I'm a really bad at aiming (I like the medium lasers ability to "strafe" so that I can leg-sweep lights).
    However, small pulses gives me better dps with fewer heat issues and I really like to do the Assault Murder waltz in my lights. So whatever carves through their backarmor in the fastest amount of time.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    So it turns out Smithon is a lot easier when you are rocking a Shadowhawk/Thunderbolt (LRM boat)/Grasshopper/Orion lance.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options

For me it's kind of a "eh" since I'm a really bad at aiming (I like the medium lasers ability to "strafe" so that I can leg-sweep lights).
    However, small pulses gives me better dps with fewer heat issues and I really like to do the Assault Murder waltz in my lights. So whatever carves through their backarmor in the fastest amount of time.

My map movement skills for lights are utter garbage, so I pretty much stick to mediums and above. Though I do love sneaking around in Grinner in stealth mode and backstabbing opposing assaults.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure I know how to pilot Grasshoppers any more. That fuckin' chassis just sticks out of everything and the moment it does "lol, now your torso's open from double heavy Gauss+a couple lasers".

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I'm enjoying running mine with 5 SL and 2 MPL for the reach out and touch someone moments. Plus let's me run with MASC.

MASC is pretty much a get out of damage free button when circling heavies and assaults.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png