Options

[E3 2018] - Leak Watcher

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I'm a Bethesda defender and can't be trusted but for as much as "jank" is being leveled at them on this page, I don't think them being janky is an honest issue with TES games

disclaimer that I did not play FO4

well there's acceptable jank and there's unacceptable jank

like I would prefer the game not to freeze and corrupt my saves

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Phantom Pain was pretty and fun enough that I would still like to see Konami try to make an actual Metal Gear game using those assets. And not whatever Survive was.

That being said Revengeance might actually be my favorite game, so another one of those please.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    I need a new Splinter Cell in my life. Even if it means we get another Ubisoft co-op role-play trailer.

Blacklist was so good, I hope it's more of that and they don't try and go back to the old games, which I personally didn't like.

The early games have a special place in my heart, but Blacklist was fantastic in part because of its flexibility with playstyles. I have deep disdain for Conviction, but I have no issues with its lethal stealth mechanics being an option for people who liked it.

A new splinter cell that was, essentially, a combo of Blacklist and Phantom Pain would 100% be my shit.

Drop into an area, stealth around, do some dirt, head back to your plane to re-up for the next mission.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    I'm a Bethesda defender and can't be trusted but for as much as "jank" is being leveled at them on this page, I don't think them being janky is an honest issue with TES games

Yeah when the modding community has to put out unofficial patches to fix gamebreaking bugs, you've got some fundamental issues in your product

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Fallout 4 was a wonderful game that I loved and I'll never be convinced otherwise. Too bad so many other people didn't have as much fun with it as I did.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Voicing the main character in Fallout was a mistake that ruined my enjoyment of the entire game

• Options

Get the CG trailer and setting out of the way so that the stage show can be all gameplay, multi and eSports?

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    You'd think EA would need all the content it has to fill their show with anything that's not a total bummer.

Except I guess EA knows there's no way people will come out of E3 thinking Battlefield V was the most memorable thing they saw so they wanna push it out when it has a window.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

oh that is a reasonable request.

i managed to never really run into the bad bugs

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Voicing the main character in Fallout was a mistake that ruined my enjoyment of the entire game

It was so haggard and it made me afeared for the next Elder Scrolls, surely they wouldn't abandon the nameless prisoner bit for that right, I mean surely to God

• Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular

Get the CG trailer and setting out of the way so that the stage show can be all gameplay, multi and eSports?

ah

v has come too

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

It was so haggard and it made me afeared for the next Elder Scrolls, surely they wouldn't abandon the nameless prisoner bit for that right, I mean surely to God

I'm looking forward to Elder Scrolls 6 when you get a companion that speaks over 500 fantasy names.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    Hobnail wrote: »

I'm looking forward to Elder Scrolls 6 when you get a companion that speaks over 500 fantasy names.

Only 50 fantasy names, and 450 stupid-ass joke names because hearing him say Boner once is more important than picking names people would actually choose.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    You'd think EA would need all the content it has to fill their show with anything that's not a total bummer.

Except I guess EA knows there's no way people will come out of E3 thinking Battlefield V was the most memorable thing they saw so they wanna push it out when it has a window.

Seems like a lot/most companies do this now, anyway. There seem to be less and less actual surprises from E3 every year.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    I'm kind of surprised we don't have affordable voice-generation tech yet that lets you program anything using phonetic spelling.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    At least like...have a few different voices to choose from if you insist for some reason on voicing the player character. I realise that's a lot of added expense which brings me back around to not voicing the player character

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I liked the idea of being able to scrap the random shit you find around the world and use it to craft and upgrade stuff, but the reality of it in Fallout 4 was that I would go into a building, grab a pile of crap, fast travel back to base, scrap everything, and then go to another building and repeat it. And what I got from doing that wasn't particularly worth it. And I couldn't really stop myself from doing it, either, so eventually I just...stopped playing.
    I did that in Oblivion and that wore me out on the game.

When Fallout 4 came around, I'd decided to stop being a kleptomaniac in video games just because they allow for it. And that changes video games a lot. If you're not trying to clean out everything just because you can, you move through the game faster. The trick is to, even in a single player game, role play. Why does the character need to pick up that toaster? They don't have to? So don't. Scavenging for food though, that makes a ton of sense. You don't have to strip the armor and clothes off the corpses of your enemies. If you think about it, that's actually pretty damn creepy. The weapons are one thing. Searching their pockets for money or other valuables, go for it. And hey, after you figure out you need a particular kind of material to craft or upgrade something, then your character has a motivation to pick up certain kinds of items.

Give it a shot. Just because games allow for functions doesn't mean you have to use it 100% of the time. The best part is when success doesn't hinge on doing things 100% of the time, which Fallout in particular reinforces quite directly. Yeah you can store up tons and tons and tons of resources, but for what reason? You only use so much of it. And selling it off? Merchants only have so much currency on hand for that, so you can only offload so much to them. It's kind of brilliant.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    The voice acting in Fallout 4 seemed to reinforce the fact that there were less options for roleplaying or even how to get through a quest

If that was really the fault of giving the PC a voice is debatable, but it makes an easy scapegoat for limiting the player in general in Fallout 4.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular

Yeah when the modding community has to put out unofficial patches to fix gamebreaking bugs, you've got some fundamental issues in your product

The idea that you need the unofficial patch is a bunch of hooey. Most of the fixes aren't things you'd ever notice and they tend to be full of subjective changes of the author(s). And the 200 mods people tend to install on top of them, overwrite all the changes as well. There are reasons to use the unofficial patches but they aren't necessary.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    The voice acting in Fallout 4 seemed to reinforce the fact that there were less options for roleplaying or even how to get through a quest

If that was really the fault of giving the PC a voice is debatable, but it makes an easy scapegoat for limiting the player in general in Fallout 4.
    It's a tradeoff I'm okay with having been made. While it's fun to fill in the gaps myself via headcanon, I also like being shown author intent or a story otherwise.

• Options
    Since we're talking Beth, what do y'all hope to see at their show, at your most optimistic? And, if you're just being honest with yourself, what do you expect to see as a bare minnimum?

Betesda - 8:30 CST

Hope
    DOOM 2: HELL on EARTH - It's co-op, there are chain glory kills, there's a Spec Ops mode where you have co-op challenge sections and arenas. No half-ass multi, they go full-ass on it. Or maybe just a 6 player Horde Mode. Out March 2019

Prey: The Moon DLC announce, out this fall.

Starlight is real, out this fall, and doesn't look like Jankmas. It's different enough from Skyrim and Fallout but still has that flavor to it.

That space bounty hunter Prey game they showed back in the day, different name but a real game this time. Make it multiplayer focused, like a Monster Hunter, where you can get into someone else's bounty and try to steal it or fuck with them.

Rage 2 but memorable this time. Let Arkane take it over so iD can focus on DOOM.

Rogue Warrior 2

Expect
    Whatever that new expansion for Elder Scrolls Online.

That card game.

Skyrim/Fallout on more consoles and devices.

DOOM 2 and it's just more DOOM which isn't BAD but let's up the ante this time. It won't be a surprise anymore.

Prey DLC

Rage 2 and it's making it longer for DOOM to come out.

Starlight but it's Fallout in Space and just looks like another one of those games. Lots of dialogue wheels. More serious. Out this Fall.

Rogue Warrior 2

• Options
    McHoger wrote: »

The idea that you need the unofficial patch is a bunch of hooey. Most of the fixes aren't things you'd ever notice and they tend to be full of subjective changes of the author(s). And the 200 mods people tend to install on top of them, overwrite all the changes as well. There are reasons to use the unofficial patches but they aren't necessary.

I mean, I'm not talking about subjective changes in patches, I'm talking about encountering bugs in the game that breaks your ability to continue playing or complete a quest.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Elder Scrolls VI.

Enough of porting fucking Skyrim to goddamn everything when everyone who wants to play it has probably already played it since it's been seven years since it released. Even Oblivion to Skyrim only took five.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I might play fallout 4 again

Go with an unarmed focus again, and start with that from the beginning of the game

And scavenging is a great way to be wealthy, even without taking the perks for trading

I wish there was a way to get to the fun stuff that didn't take 20 hours and need to follow the minute men and rail road plot lines in a very strict way

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    The only Metal Gear I would still want to see would be Revengeance 2.

AC!D 3

• Options
    The only Metal Gear I would still want to see would be Revengeance 2.

AC!D 3

shit, can't believe I forgot about Acid

• Options
    Wait there's more than one Metal Gear Acid game?

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    I dearly hope for some extensive The Evil Within 2 DLC material but that might be a bit much to hope for.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I thought all Metal Gear stories involved acid

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Don't do D-Cigars, folks.

• Options
    Hideo Kojima is just a drinker, not a hard-drug user.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I probably got a few hundred hours out of Fallout 4, but I'm not sure of how much I enjoyed it.

• Options
    Fallout 4 is the only Bethesda Game Studios game that I have played that I put less than 100 hours into.

• Options
    I'm kind of surprised we don't have affordable voice-generation tech yet that lets you program anything using phonetic spelling.

It's getting there, but it takes some work to make one voice handle one dialect semi-well. And it's unlikely to fool people, if you're trying to hide it.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    I dearly hope for some extensive The Evil Within 2 DLC material but that might be a bit much to hope for.

That is ALL I want.

The fact that they added in 1st person mode, and the fact that Bethesda actually seems to really stick with it's properties for awhile, gives me some hope.

Evil Within is the craziest ride I've ever had with a franchise.

Evil Within 1 - Hah, this is fine. The plot is dumb as hell, the gameplay is average, but it's a decently made romp through weird shit.
    Evil Within 1 DLC - Oh wow, ok there's actually a little sci-fi story going on here and this is pretty cool.
    Evil Within 2 - This game is fucking great and I want to know what happens to Sebastian forever now.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    For all the money they put in, I don't think they really have the budget to mess around with dialogue if it has to be voiced.

"I want to add a line about icecream that twenty players can hear."

"OK, we'll fly Taylor and Delaney in."

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Hideo Kojima is just a drinker, not a hard-drug user.

from what I've heard drug use is much more heavily stigmatized in japan so he'd have to claim that either way

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    Kojima has at least tried cocaine due to it's association with the film industry.

• Options

Huh, why, that's the same color pink that the official Rage account used...

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Does 5:14 have any significance for Rage?

This discussion has been closed.